Monday, June 25th, 2018 8:12am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 20,857

We have some more Transformers Blast Off goodness coming to us from site sponsor Robot Kingdom. They posted on their Facebook page some new in hand images of Blast Off out of his box.

While, he comes packaged with his chest in a certain orientation, as can be seen here, the images show that it is more than possible to give the toy the same look that the Unite Warriors version had, with the shuttle front being on his chest.

Is this a look you will give your toy? Or will you stick to the Movar configuraton? And what will you do with your previous Hasbro Blast Off? Let us know!

Transformers News: In Hand Images of Prime Wars Blast Off with Megatronus Showing Different Options for Chest

Credit(s): Robot Kingdom

Re: In Hand Images of Prime Wars Blast Off with Megatronus Showing Different Options for Chest (1966604)
Posted by RiddlerJ on June 25th, 2018 @ 8:29am CDT
Darn. I wanted to use the Takara version transformation but he kinda looks plain with the all brown chest.
Re: In Hand Images of Prime Wars Blast Off with Megatronus Showing Different Options for Chest (1966607)
Posted by Qwan on June 25th, 2018 @ 8:34am CDT
Ick that cockpit. Ick, ick, ick.

Otherwise, he looks awesome! I'll be sticking to the Movor-style chest personally, but he looks decent enough either way around. I haven't been this hyped for an exclusive since TR Brainstorm - hopefully I'll have an easier time getting Blast Off than I did trying to get him!
Re: In Hand Images of Prime Wars Blast Off with Megatronus Showing Different Options for Chest (1966610)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 25th, 2018 @ 8:41am CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Ugh, you're killing me, Hasbro! You give this figure a much nicer deco than the UW version, but then you have to go and ruin it with those hideously tacky-looking stickers.

Also, bizarre decision in its using the Shuttler transformation instead.

They are tampographs, not stickers, though they are meant to mimic some G1 toy sticker detailing. No Deluxe sized figures or smaller have yet had stickers in the Generations line, outside of smaller partner figures included with some Titan Class releases. Stickers have mostly come on only Voyager, Leader, and Titan figures for now.
If that's the case, their being tampos is even worse. :SICK:
Re: In Hand Images of Prime Wars Blast Off with Megatronus Showing Different Options for Chest (1966613)
Posted by Solrac333 on June 25th, 2018 @ 8:52am CDT
I have my Takara Blast Off transformed this way. I didn't like having that big belly on him.
Re: In Hand Images of Prime Wars Blast Off with Megatronus Showing Different Options for Chest (1966617)
Posted by o.supreme on June 25th, 2018 @ 9:13am CDT

Now just to find those wave 2 Deluxe Dinobots and I'll be caught up with everything that's been spotted in the U.S. so far.
Re: In Hand Images of Prime Wars Blast Off with Megatronus Showing Different Options for Chest (1966618)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 25th, 2018 @ 9:24am CDT
o.supreme wrote:Found Inferno Yesterday. Just want to make sure though...the back of the box shows similar Prime Armor/Feet as Hun-Gurrr, only black, but what he actually came with was the same prime armor/feet as Starscream and Elita-1, does that match up with anyone else who has Inferno?

Yeah, that was a switch made seemingly late in production. Oddly, while the Prime Armor is made from the Seeker type, the Enigma is still redecoed from Hun-Gurrr's.
Re: In Hand Images of Prime Wars Blast Off with Megatronus Showing Different Options for Chest (1966621)
Posted by Aimless Misfire on June 25th, 2018 @ 9:28am CDT
The cockpit glass needs work. Looks unfinished.
Re: In Hand Images of Prime Wars Blast Off with Megatronus Showing Different Options for Chest (1966626)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 25th, 2018 @ 10:10am CDT
Aimless Misfire wrote:The cockpit glass needs work. Looks unfinished.
They colored it toy-accurately.

Re: In Hand Images of Prime Wars Blast Off with Megatronus Showing Different Options for Chest (1966629)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 25th, 2018 @ 10:35am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Aimless Misfire wrote:The cockpit glass needs work. Looks unfinished.
They colored it toy-accurately.

They overdid it. I guess coloring the individual sections and leaving the struts(?) as is would have been too complicated compared to a single smear. :lol:

Requesting comparisons with Jetblast in advance.
Re: In Hand Images of Prime Wars Blast Off with Megatronus Showing Different Options for Chest (1966632)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 25th, 2018 @ 10:45am CDT
Re: In Hand Images of Prime Wars Blast Off with Megatronus Showing Different Options for Chest (1966633)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 25th, 2018 @ 10:51am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Still hate the junky-looking obvious arms in shuttle mode but eh at least it's still the shuttle and not the extra-lazy aerialbot repaint from combiner wars. Slight nostalgia for my old G1 Combaticons wasn't enough for me to buy any of them though.

At least the jet scaled better than a shuttle ;-) :lol:

Excuse me if this has been answered before but can blast off do a rook and do hulk hands?
Re: In Hand Images of Prime Wars Blast Off with Megatronus Showing Different Options for Chest (1966636)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 25th, 2018 @ 10:54am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:

At least the jet scaled better than a shuttle ;-) :lol:

Well yeah, scale was one of the things I hated most in G1 and the Combaticons were one of the biggest offenders since they didn't even look right with their own team-mates in alt-mode. Stunticons did (but then combiners have their own issues in combined form too like a lorry with car limbs wouldn't actually be as tall as a concorde with jet limbs).

Transformers as a concept is a headache in itself. :P
Re: In Hand Images of Prime Wars Blast Off with Megatronus Showing Different Options for Chest (1966638)
Posted by Evil Eye on June 25th, 2018 @ 10:57am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:

At least the jet scaled better than a shuttle ;-) :lol:

He can indeed.

The glass painting is kinda shoddy but otherwise I actually like this better than the Takara deco. I never minded the ochre-brown of Takara Blastoff but this is definitely nicer looking. Even the tampos are kinda cool in that old-timey toy way. Having them be optional stickers on a separate sheet for the consumer to apply if they wanted them might have been better, but they look cool.

Now I almost want to get him and the rest of CW Bruticus. Or at least, I would if I hadn't already decided I like the look of the UW Baldigus/Ruination set better. Still, this is cool.
Re: In Hand Images of Prime Wars Blast Off with Megatronus Showing Different Options for Chest (1966639)
Posted by Munkky on June 25th, 2018 @ 10:58am CDT
I think I'll try getting this Blast Off, I like it more than the Combiner Wars jet, and the Megatronus Prime Master looks great, though part of me wishes it was Nexus Prime instead. I'm also slightly disappointed that the HFG isn't a newer one that fits a Prime Master, I was hoping to give Bruticus a pimp hand infused with the power of The Fallen, but I suppose I can borrow a hand from one of my other POTP Deluxes.
Re: In Hand Images of Prime Wars Blast Off with Megatronus Showing Different Options for Chest (1966645)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 25th, 2018 @ 11:35am CDT

Also, translucent hinge joints on something as small as a Titan/Prime Master is a little worrying...
Re: In Hand Images of Prime Wars Blast Off with Megatronus Showing Different Options for Chest (1966647)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 25th, 2018 @ 11:45am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:I’m down to get one as I’ve yet to experience actual Blast Off or Strafe. I just hope it won’t be a major pain in the ass to get one.

Which reminds me, any reports of broken ghosts or spikes?
Re: In Hand Images of Prime Wars Blast Off with Megatronus Showing Different Options for Chest (1966656)
Posted by YoungPrime on June 25th, 2018 @ 12:17pm CDT

So the only question now is, is only Robot Kingdom selling this figure?

I don't like ordering from them.
Re: In Hand Images of Prime Wars Blast Off with Megatronus Showing Different Options for Chest (1966663)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 25th, 2018 @ 12:37pm CDT
Blast off is a good figure but felt very different from the other CW/UW figures. Could never figure out why. This version looks REALLY good. If it has the head fix then this might be better than Takara's version. Now, where did I put my UW set...
Re: In Hand Images of Prime Wars Blast Off with Megatronus Showing Different Options for Chest (1966664)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on June 25th, 2018 @ 12:38pm CDT
YoungPrime wrote:Glad they went with Strafe's design instead of that UW version of Blastoff with the barrel chest.

So the only question now is, is only Robot Kingdom selling this figure?

I don't like ordering from them.

Blastoff and Strafe are the same design, just with the arms switched. Anyone can choose and use whichever chest they want for Blastoff (both Takara and Hasbro) and Shuttler/Movor. All you have to do is swap the arms then rotate the head and waist 180 degrees.

Amazon has a placeholder listing for Blast Off so I'd keep your eye on them.
Re: In Hand Images of Prime Wars Blast Off with Megatronus Showing Different Options for Chest (1966665)
Posted by shajaki on June 25th, 2018 @ 12:48pm CDT
UW Blasty was a pain in the ass. But this looks pretty awesome.... guess I need it :lol:

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Collaborative: Back to the Future Gigawatt Pre Sale!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Series Bumblebee & Starscream Hero Mashers Hasbro Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Steeljaw See pictures !" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Grimlock See pictures !" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Sideswipe & Bumblebee MIX LOT 3’" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Autobot Intel Ops: Blaster, Perceptor & Cassettes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Insecticons 3-Pack (Bombshell, Kickback, Shrapnel)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction SNARL  dinobot Deluxe With Manual" on EBAY