In hand Images of TFSS Shattered Glass Starscream, Toxitron and Counterpunch

Transformers News: In hand Images of TFSS Shattered Glass Starscream, Toxitron and Counterpunch

Thursday, May 18th, 2017 1:13PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 21,799

Fans are getting their final Transformers Collector's Club Figures and we can now have a good look at that mystery figure: SG Starscream. You will find images below coming from TFW2005 member SeiberBirdR and sent to us by fellow Seibertronian Kurthy. You will also find images of Toxitron and Counterpunch. The SG Starscream uses the exact same headsculpt and mold as United Warriors Ghost Starscream.

Credit(s): SeiberBirdR
Re: In hand Images of TFSS Shattered Glass Starscream, Toxitron and Counterpunch (1882601)
Posted by Deliverence on May 18th, 2017 @ 1:24pm CDT
Re: In hand Images of TFSS Shattered Glass Starscream, Toxitron and Counterpunch (1882603)
Posted by william-james88 on May 18th, 2017 @ 1:34pm CDT
Deliverence wrote:This Starscream is now my first and probably will be my only SG figure, but more importantly my only Grumpy Starscream. His expression makes me think he's smelled something really bad, possibly Toxitron?

Astrotrain
(Timelines Astrotrain)
Bludgeon
(Robots in Disguise Bludgeon)
Bombshell
(Salvo)
Darkwind
(Robot Masters Gigant Bomb)
Demolishor
(Glit)
Ravage from the future!
(Transmetal Tigatron)
Scourge
(Timelines Sweep)
Soundwave
(Music Label Soundwave "Sonic White")
Stonecruncher
(Astro-Hook)
Submarauder
(Astro-Sinker)
Tailwind
(Astro-Line)
(thumbnail)
Alpha Trion
(BotCon 2007 Alpha Trion)
Arcee
(Elite Guard Bumblebee)
Dinobot
(Universe Dinobot)
Jetstorm
(Beast Machines Jetstorm)
Rattrap
(Metals Rattle Special Version)
Scorponok
(BotCon 1999 Sandstorm)
Tarantulas
("Fox Kids" Transmetal Tarantulas)
Terrorsaur
(Lazorbeak)
Waspinator
(Mudfighter)
Re: In hand Images of TFSS Shattered Glass Starscream, Toxitron and Counterpunch (1882607)
Posted by Deliverence on May 18th, 2017 @ 1:54pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Youmight own more than one, do you have any of these officially repurposed figures?

That's quite a list so I'm not going to quote it, but the answer is nope. I own none of those! I own very few club/botcon figures. Some of those I do wish I owned though, perhaps one day, SG Starscream will not be all grumpy and alone.
Re: In hand Images of TFSS Shattered Glass Starscream, Toxitron and Counterpunch (1882610)
Posted by william-james88 on May 18th, 2017 @ 2:11pm CDT
Deliverence wrote:

Just in case it wasnt all clear, the figures I quoted are not from the club, they are other releases, some mainline (like Universe Dinobot and Cybertron Ransack) which the Club used in their stories to repurpose as SG characters.

Like this toy is SG Groove:

So in the end, you might have more Shattered Glass figures than you think ;)
Re: In hand Images of TFSS Shattered Glass Starscream, Toxitron and Counterpunch (1882613)
Posted by kurthy on May 18th, 2017 @ 2:18pm CDT
Just got home, I've got the cards.
Re: In hand Images of TFSS Shattered Glass Starscream, Toxitron and Counterpunch (1882615)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on May 18th, 2017 @ 2:38pm CDT
Re: In hand Images of TFSS Shattered Glass Starscream, Toxitron and Counterpunch (1882617)
Posted by Flashwave on May 18th, 2017 @ 2:40pm CDT
Got my box today!

Gotta backpedal on screamer a step or two. While I still feel like there coulda been better choices for a combiner limb than a random SG guy, this is a GORGEOUS Deco and I love it. Gotta repurpose him somehow.

I widh Toxi didntbhave that puddy green for the edges of the fr9nt cab. I fuess thats the "unpaintable" plastic and they tried to match colors, but it looks outta place in pictures. When I get mine out though, maybe it'll be better in person
Rodimus Knight wrote:Did they make any other SG combiner characters, otherwise this guy is really going to be lonely.

Nope. This is just a parting nod to one of FunPubs big identifiable arcs and a one-off. SG predated Combiner Wars by a lot of years.
Re: In hand Images of TFSS Shattered Glass Starscream, Toxitron and Counterpunch (1882618)
Posted by william-james88 on May 18th, 2017 @ 2:41pm CDT

Yes, SG Combiner Ratchet
Re: In hand Images of TFSS Shattered Glass Starscream, Toxitron and Counterpunch (1882620)
Posted by william-james88 on May 18th, 2017 @ 2:43pm CDT
Flashwave wrote:Got my box today!

CW Redwing? Or CW Jetfire (he started out as a decepticon)
Re: In hand Images of TFSS Shattered Glass Starscream, Toxitron and Counterpunch (1882621)
Posted by mazingaspidey on May 18th, 2017 @ 2:44pm CDT
Re: In hand Images of TFSS Shattered Glass Starscream, Toxitron and Counterpunch (1882623)
Posted by kurthy on May 18th, 2017 @ 2:52pm CDT
Two things:
SG Starscream's recommended combiner
<!-- ia1 -->20170518_144549.jpg<!-- ia1 -->
Toxitron's chest insignia
<!-- ia0 -->20170518_144649.jpg<!-- ia0 -->
Re: In hand Images of TFSS Shattered Glass Starscream, Toxitron and Counterpunch (1882625)
Posted by mazingaspidey on May 18th, 2017 @ 3:02pm CDT
Man... so you'd need to have both Ratchet and Medix to make that work... That just seems unlikely. I did make a custom Ratchet using a first aid and the botcon stickers. I do have a spare Scattershot and Rook laying around... I wonder what another first aid will set me back...
Re: In hand Images of TFSS Shattered Glass Starscream, Toxitron and Counterpunch (1882626)
Posted by o.supreme on May 18th, 2017 @ 3:04pm CDT
kurthy wrote:Two things:
SG Starscream's recommended combiner
[attachment=1]20170518_144549.jpg[/attachment]

So...you would need 2 custom Botcon Ratchets to complete that nonsense...no thank you. I'm happy with my UW Ratchet attached to Lynx Master

SG SS will do fine replacing Bluestreak as part of Wreckage. No lonely limbs in my collection ;)
Re: In hand Images of TFSS Shattered Glass Starscream, Toxitron and Counterpunch (1882627)
Posted by kurthy on May 18th, 2017 @ 3:05pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:
kurthy wrote:Two things:
SG Starscream's recommended combiner
[attachment=1]20170518_144549.jpg[/attachment]
Toxitron's chest insignia
[attachment=0]20170518_144649.jpg[/attachment]

Or you could use the takara ratchet and the botcon medix...
Re: In hand Images of TFSS Shattered Glass Starscream, Toxitron and Counterpunch (1882631)
Posted by o.supreme on May 18th, 2017 @ 3:09pm CDT
kurthy wrote:SG Starscream's Or you could use the takara ratchet and the botcon medix...

Nah...he stays with Lynxmaster... There are no other Limbs coming out, otherwise I might be foolish enough to try this. I never picked up the individual release Scattershot, or the Botcon Build-a-Figure....I'd still need one more limb....and there's no others I don't aleady own...

Nah I have a perfect symmetry of 20 unique combiners in all (10 heroic, and 10 evil)...don't want to upset the balance.
Re: In hand Images of TFSS Shattered Glass Starscream, Toxitron and Counterpunch (1882672)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on May 18th, 2017 @ 5:24pm CDT
you could go for Modulus, or if you have Cyclonus, Rook, Alpha Bravo, and Offroad handy, you can complete Galvatronus with the cons and Wreckage with the bots
Re: In hand Images of TFSS Shattered Glass Starscream, Toxitron and Counterpunch (1882675)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on May 18th, 2017 @ 5:41pm CDT
I think I am STILL going to get Terrorsaur and put him on Galvatronus... SG Starscream is there until I can afford it. I want to to get all of the different Ratchets + Medix (Maybe use SG Starscream instead of Marvel Ratchet since the difference between him and G1 Ratchet doesn't mean anything to me... ) and combine those with Aky Lynx. He is JUST Sky Lynx at the moment.

I'm going to miss Funpub. I was SUPER hoping that either this secret figure, or the secret figure in the next set would be the UW Blast Off mold in NOT-disgusting colors. Give it some arbitrary name. Fast Flob... Something. I dunno.

I found a place for Scorponok in my Wreckage. Since (imo) the mold doesn't really work for him, and he doesn't seem to scale with. Anything.

Found a place for all of Impactor's excessive weaponry.
<!-- ia1 -->Everything in its place.jpg<!-- ia1 -->

Funnily is more stable than the Blackjack mold in this position.<!-- ia0 -->Scorponokplate.jpg<!-- ia0 -->
Re: In hand Images of TFSS Shattered Glass Starscream, Toxitron and Counterpunch (1882676)
Posted by Zeedust on May 18th, 2017 @ 5:49pm CDT
Got mine today, loving it! Toxitron and Counterpunch are great, and while I wasn't sold on the Shatterscream concept when I first heard about it, the execution is very nice and I can't complain about the figure itself.

Sabrblade wrote:
NOBODY LOVES WHEELIE wrote:Oooookay....who threw up on Prime?
That's Toxitron's own toxic acid that oozes and secretes from his body.

Physically, he's kinda like Meltdown from Transformers Animated. You try to touch him, you gonna get BURNED! :twisted: :KREMZEEK:

I'd sum up Toxitron by saying he's kind of a cross between TFA Meltdown and BW Rampage, as weird as that combination may sound.

william-james88 wrote:

Yes, SG Combiner Ratchet

Sadly, that's from the customization class, so I don't think getting one at this point will be easy.

I think they also repurposed last year's Bluestreak so that he doubles as SG Bluestreak, if I remember what I saw on TFWiki right. But i get the feeling most of us would probably rather have him for Wreckage.

And I guess there's technically Heatwave (the Nexus Prime piece, not the Rescue Bot), but he's not the same combiner system.
Re: In hand Images of TFSS Shattered Glass Starscream, Toxitron and Counterpunch (1882677)
Posted by Kurona on May 18th, 2017 @ 5:51pm CDT
Repurpose CW Alpha Bravo and Blast Off as SG Vortex and Slingshot? :-?
Re: In hand Images of TFSS Shattered Glass Starscream, Toxitron and Counterpunch (1882686)
Posted by Zeedust on May 18th, 2017 @ 6:20pm CDT
mazingaspidey wrote:Wait... so SS Starscream can "operate independently" in either limb mode.... does that mean he can be a line flying arm or leg? That's pretty cool now that I type it...

I'm not sure if he can fly in limb modes, since it mentions the leg mode's jumping ability, but it doesn't say he can't either, so you can probably take it however you want.

I'm glad I have company in liking it, I was worried it'd go over like the whole Galvatronus mind control thing did...

I'm curious, other than BM and RiD Megatron (and those who share their molds), is this guy the only one to have a functional disembodied body part mode?

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers DOTM Human Alliance Roadbuster    (box A1) - Time Remaining: 6 days 8 hours 47 minutes 52 seconds
TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS MASTERPIECE MOVIE SERIES MPM-03 BUMBLEBEE FIGURE MISB - Time Remaining: 3 days 50 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers Generations Titans Return Trypticon - Time Remaining: 1 day 23 hours 51 minutes 39 seconds
1986 Transformers / Generation 1 _ Deluxe Car _ Kup - Time Remaining: 5 days 18 hours 56 minutes 5 seconds
Transformers Cybertron Unicron Complete Deluxe - Time Remaining: 5 days 13 hours 56 minutes 56 seconds
Transformers Generation One Autobot Hoist Mib Box - Time Remaining: 5 days 18 hours 36 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Playskool Rescue Bots Bumblebee's Garage playset HTF - Time Remaining: 7 days 4 hours 8 minutes 13 seconds
Dropshot Heavy Load Blades Leo Prime Universe Voyager LOT Transformers Hasbro - Time Remaining: 2 days 18 hours 10 minutes 40 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #186 - NYCC 2017