In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Deep Cover

In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Deep Cover

Thursday, January 21st, 2021 11:25am CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 25,437

Below you can see some new images of Transformers Generations Selects Deep Cover. We can see that this is indeed the Siege Sideswipe mold in nice Deep Cover colours. We also see without a doubt that this is a selects release. So he won't be exclusive and will eventually be found on online collectible sites, like previous Selects releases were. The images come from Twitter where there were some interesting words used to describe the deco, I'll let you click the link: https://twitter.com/Cheetimus/status/13 ... 2433802241

What do you think of the deco, will you be getting this one?

Transformers News: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Deep Cover

Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Deep Cover (2093297)
Posted by Bounti76 on January 21st, 2021 @ 11:55am CST

Or it could be a reversal of the MP situation, where we got an MP Clampdown and still don't have an MP Deep Cover.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Deep Cover (2093304)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on January 21st, 2021 @ 12:26pm CST
I may be the odd guy out here, and it may be strange for me to say given that overall I did not like the show or a lot of the toy line, but There's a certain Armada Autobot turned RAMPAGEy Decepticon Jacker of Wheels I would like to see released from this mold.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Deep Cover (2093305)
Posted by william-james88 on January 21st, 2021 @ 12:28pm CST
Bounti76 wrote:That is a very nice looking figure. I'll definitely be picking him up when I can. I hope we get Clampdown,too!

Just confirming. Clampdown would the the only redeco left if we are looking at all the released redecos of G1 sideswipe correct?
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Deep Cover (2093308)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 21st, 2021 @ 12:32pm CST
william-james88 wrote:

No, we ran through that list yesterday. Clampdown is needed, but so is the yellow and blue G2 Sideswipe deco. And then you get more if you go to other uses of the car as an alt or SG it up, which would not only provide room for SG Sideswipe but also Armada Wheeljack
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Deep Cover (2093312)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on January 21st, 2021 @ 12:51pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

He was asking specifically about released uses of the G1 Sideswipe mold, and that G2 blue and yellow prototype was never released.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Deep Cover (2093313)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 21st, 2021 @ 12:55pm CST
Wolfman Jake wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

I still count it because G2 Sandstorm has happened, so that G2 deco might still happen too
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Deep Cover (2093315)
Posted by sol magnus on January 21st, 2021 @ 1:15pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
sol magnus wrote:Got Scourge at another Target last night. He's excellent but I finally got a figure with a QC issue. One of his side guns is just...not there.

FYI, this is the generations selects thread, the discussion for Scourge is happening in the Studio Series thread.

Accident. Sorry.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Deep Cover (2093316)
Posted by jtanimator on January 21st, 2021 @ 1:22pm CST
I really hate to be the Debbie downer here, but man it gets to a point where they’ve just done this mold to death. And that’s coming from someone who actually adores this sideswipe mold. For me, enough is enough. But for those who are excited by this, good for you. I hope you enjoy this guy.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Deep Cover (2093317)
Posted by william-james88 on January 21st, 2021 @ 1:51pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

I saw that list but the talk drifted away from what I am actually talking about.

I am just asking for redecos of the original g1 sideswipe toy that were released.

So I ask again: Is clampdown the only one left?
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Deep Cover (2093319)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 21st, 2021 @ 1:57pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

So I ask again: Is clampdown the only one left?

Released? Yes, he is it.

Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Deep Cover (2093320)
Posted by Overcracker on January 21st, 2021 @ 2:02pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

So I ask again: Is clampdown the only one left?

Yes, unless you count New Year's Lambor and Alert as different decos, or just the same deco with slightly different stickers.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Deep Cover (2093322)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on January 21st, 2021 @ 2:07pm CST
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Deep Cover (2093323)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on January 21st, 2021 @ 2:21pm CST
TF-fan kev777 wrote:1 more possibility for a released G1 sideswipe mold is G2 Sideswipe. This would be dependent on whether you view the Covert Clone version of Sideswipe from the Amazon exclusive set as a proper G2 Sideswipe or not. I don't not without some neon green headlights and accents.

Hasbro does, and that's what counts.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Deep Cover (2093327)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on January 21st, 2021 @ 2:33pm CST
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:

Hasbro does, and that's what counts.

But do they? Honest question on my part. Both G2 versions of Megs and Sandstorm were all called G2 in the product names. Sideswipe was called "Covert Clone" for whatever reason, and was missing some of the more unique G2 deco details. Recall the same set gave us a good enough Pinpointer in Trenchfoot that everyone assumed was Pinpointer. Then they actually gave us a Pinpointer.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Deep Cover (2093328)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on January 21st, 2021 @ 2:46pm CST
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:

Hasbro does, and that's what counts.

I was talking about the deco, not the character, and Hasbro may consider it already done... on that mold. Had we gotten an Earthrise Sideswipe mold with spoiler, then maybe. :)
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Deep Cover (2093329)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on January 21st, 2021 @ 2:51pm CST
If we do get Armada Wheeljack, I hope it's a mix of the Siege Sideswipe mold, and the Gigawatt version, just to try and keep the gull wing doors Wheeljack had there
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Deep Cover (2093332)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on January 21st, 2021 @ 3:01pm CST
Emerje wrote:Wait, nobody mentioned the canceled G2 repaint?
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:1 more if you include unreleased G2 yellow fade to blue. Which to me is viable, see G2 Sandstorm
...I didn't mention it because I wasn't aware it was a thing, but seeing it now, isn't that basically just Tigertrack with an extra color? The other G2 Selects/exclusives they've done have significantly different decos from the other releases of the molds, I dunno that they would go for that repaint when they just did Tigertrack.

aronjlove wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:Anyone else hoping for some Generations Selects repaints of Kingdom Cyclonus and SS86 Scourge? I'd love a "toy colors" Cyclonus or two to serve as his "Armada." I could just buy multiple copies of Scourge to have the Sweeps to go along with Scourge proper, but it would be nice if they could be differentiated with an altered head sculpt or coloring.

For Scourge, after seeing some more pics and deciding I really want him, I was thinking of looking on ebay for some TR or other, older Scourges to be his Sweeps but a Gen Selects repaint would be cool too.
Pretty sure there's a rumor already of Sweeps and Junkions being released in either SS86 or Selects to go with Scourge and the Wreck-Gar that's been rumored/leaked, which would also explain why Hasbro decided to shortpack Scourge of all characters.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Deep Cover (2093335)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 21st, 2021 @ 3:12pm CST
Nemesis Primal wrote:
Emerje wrote:Wait, nobody mentioned the canceled G2 repaint?

They did Hotlink after Skywarp.
And Exhaust after Wheeljack.

both are really close color matches, but still happened
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Deep Cover (2093339)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on January 21st, 2021 @ 3:46pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:They did Hotlink after Skywarp.
And Exhaust after Wheeljack.

both are really close color matches, but still happened
...yeah, but they technically only match those other characters that much because Hasbro made specific choices with their decos that aren't exactly "accurate" and made them more comparable (Exhaust is missing his blue, Hotlink usually has waaaaay less black), and those two are at least still separate characters, so they exist for a reason. This would just be Sideswipe for the...4th(?) time, except now he also looks exactly like Tigertrack (who JUST came out a few months ago) to reference a figure that never got released that maybe 3% of the customer base actually knows about. It would be the equivalent to Hasbro waiting for the Netflix Nemesis Prime to come out, and then 2 months later releasing another Nemesis-colored version of that exact Optimus mold, but with 2 additional paint apps and labeled as Optimus instead of Nemesis because of some obscure comic where Optimus went undercover or something. The only people that would buy it would be the people who missed out on the actual Nemesis or people buying gifts for someone else, and even that would depend on if Nemesis Optimus was more widely available than Nemesis was (which, in the case of Tigertrack versus Sunset Sideswipe, would be a moot point since they'd both be Selects and those who couldn't get Tigertrack because of it also wouldn't be able to get the Sideswipe).

...that was way more words than I intended to write, whoops.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Deep Cover (2093340)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 21st, 2021 @ 3:49pm CST
Nemesis Primal wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:They did Hotlink after Skywarp.
And Exhaust after Wheeljack.

both are really close color matches, but still happened

...that was way more words than I intended to write, whoops.

But this is also selects, obscure is supposed to be the name of the game.

Plus, they may be trying to make the Lambros the "seekers" of the autobots instead of the datsuns.

I seriously would not put it past them to do this deco. They seem to be dipping into obscure/unreleased G2 stuff and diaclone with this line, I won't rule it out.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Vorath & Mindwipe Hasbro Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Head Robots Transformers Hot Head Duro-5 Military assault Driver parts" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers studio series Hot Rod, Jazz, Blurr #86" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS Fall of Cybertron DELUXE Autobot Air Raid Instructions" on EBAY
Buy "KREO TRANSFORMERS GALVATRON FACTORY BATTLE Lot of  Clear Blue Panels #K101531" on EBAY
Buy "KREO TRANSFORMERS Galvatron Battle Factory Lot of 4 YELLOW CAUTION BRICKS" on EBAY
Buy "KREO TRANSFORMERS Galvatron Battle Factory Lot of 7 Grey Panels #K101493" on EBAY