Transformers News: In hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimus Prime, Rodimus, Starscream and Grimlock

Friday, November 24th, 2017 11:04PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 23,991

While it seems we know so much about the upcoming Transformers Power of the Primes toys, there is one part we know very little of: how their backs look like. While Leader Optimus Prime may look like MP10 from the front, no one knows how he looks like from the back? Well, a Transformers hands on event was held in Hong Kong and thanks to several posts on HK-TF 變形金剛香港網盟 and Hobbymizer Hong Kong Discuss, we now know that it looks like and ... it's not like MP10. We also have some great shots of Voyager Grimlock's back which has also not fully been revealed yet, along with more torso shots of Voyager Starscream. We also get to see more shots of Starscream's torso mode. There are also several images showing where the combiner heads are hidden which can make for some very wacky poses. Plus, we see the interchangeable Titan/Prime Master gimmick with the Matrix that comes with the leaders in full force and used in fun ways.

These items are all due to come to retail in December 2017/January 2018, depending on your distribution channel of choice and the price points we have seen so far are not consistent from one retailer to the next.

Credit(s): HK-TF 變形金剛香港網盟 and Hobbymizer Hong Kong Discuss

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: In hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimus Prime, Rodimus, Starscream and Grimlock (1923517)
Posted by bodrock on November 24th, 2017 @ 11:33pm CST
Well, Orion Pax as a bot looks great....the truck looks a bit rough. :/
Re: In hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimus Prime, Rodimus, Starscream and Grimlock (1923518)
Posted by NOBLExGAMER on November 24th, 2017 @ 11:43pm CST

This picture seems to confirm the "Deluxe" modes of the Leaders will be closer to a Voyager in scale than a normal Deluxe. I'm super okay with this, especially in Hot Rod's case as, in my opinion, he'll scale perfectly with my CW Ultra Magnus and T30 Springer and Arcee! :APPLAUSE:
Re: In hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimus Prime, Rodimus, Starscream and Grimlock (1923519)
Posted by william-james88 on November 24th, 2017 @ 11:51pm CST
Fellow Seibertronian chuckdawg1999 has reviewed all of the Wave 1 Prime Masters from Transformers Power of the Primes. These include Liege Maximo and Skullgrin Decoy Armor, Micronus and Cloudburst Decoy Armor, and Vector Prime and Metalhawk Decoy Armor. These retail for either $4.99 or $5.99 depending on the retailer, and they have so far only been found at Hasbro Toy Shop but other stores should be stocking these within the coming month. For info on what is coming out next for this Prime Master class, please check the full list of what we know here.

chuckdawg1999 wrote:The Prime Masters are the small figures that the line are sorta built around. They can stand in Pretender shells, ride in/on Legends, and attach to the armor of deluxe figures. Oh, they can also be used as heads, on Titans Return figures and interact with Titan Master drones and bases. One negative is that a lot of the uniqueness of a Titan Master is lost with Prime Masters, and the Pretender shells transform the same way thus far. For five bucks USD though, you really can't go wrong.

Re: In hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimus Prime, Rodimus, Starscream and Grimlock (1923524)
Posted by Throttlebotsrevenge on November 25th, 2017 @ 12:14am CST
I'm really digging the idea of Slash. I've always loved the Dinobots. I have to admit I was adverse to the idea of a sixth member, but then I figured that maybe it was time to adjust the team. And a new Dinobot that turns into a velociraptor complete with G1 styling? Yes please. However, I'm still not entirely thrilled with the idea of a Dinobot combiner--horrible flashbacks of "The Beast" and "Mega Dinobot" persist.

That aside, I've got Slash pre-ordered through Amazon and am looking forward to adding her to my collection.
Re: In hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimus Prime, Rodimus, Starscream and Grimlock (1923526)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on November 25th, 2017 @ 12:19am CST
Oh my gosh, Primal might actually be close to the right scale with Rhinox and Waspinator then! Now I might have to buy two so I can have one Primal displayed in his bot mode and the other as full-on Optimal Optimus. Hooray! :MAXIMAL:
Re: In hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimus Prime, Rodimus, Starscream and Grimlock (1923527)
Posted by Quantum Surge on November 25th, 2017 @ 12:20am CST
Can't unsee the way some pics had them...fiddled.
Re: In hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimus Prime, Rodimus, Starscream and Grimlock (1923531)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 25th, 2017 @ 1:50am CST

Uh... what is the Starscream combiner doing to Quake?
Re: In hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimus Prime, Rodimus, Starscream and Grimlock (1923532)
Posted by Throttlebotsrevenge on November 25th, 2017 @ 1:53am CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:It's frustrating cos some parts of these figures look fine but then are just completely ruined by other parts. Really wish the Dinobots hadn't been forced to combine. It's an awful mode that doesn't really represent the Dinobots well at all (ok it's not an abomination like that beast comic but I would have thought something bulky like the Hulk, a huge big brawler would have looked cool, maybe hunched over a bit like RotF Devastator. This one just looks really lame)

Uh... what is the Starscream combiner doing to Quake?

I couldn't have said it better myself. The Dinobots just aren't supposed to combine. It's kind of the antithesis to their entire ethos.

And that Starscream/Quake photo is weird . . .
Re: In hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimus Prime, Rodimus, Starscream and Grimlock (1923534)
Posted by Michael Alex Kawa on November 25th, 2017 @ 2:22am CST
Soooooo........let me get this straight we are no longer allowed to talk about MAGA-Jazz on this thread.........I have been out of the loop since I got BANNED for a week because I spoke my mind and I was just making sure. ;)^
Anyways since I could not do this sooner, here is my sincerest apology, inspired by ones made by Spacey, Weinstein, and Louis C.K.. :-P
I am so very very very sorry for the words that I wrote on this forum, and for anyone and everyone that was offend by them, I hope you all know that I now know what I did was wrong and I hope you can see it in your hearts to forgive me.....because I am an evil man. :BOWDOWN: :BOWDOWN: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :HEADHURTS:
Now that all that is out of the way, I just wanted to say that I agree with the person above that said that is seems like fans of Beast Wars are just getting table scraps, and even though Beast Wars figures had better engineering compared to G1, does not mean they stood the test of time. Also it would be nice just to have more of them made in the modern line in my opinion. Because with the way its going they should just call the Generation line, the Generation One Character Only line.....just saying.
Also I do like the way the "Deluxe" sized figures look for the evolution Leader Class sets, but the "combined" "Super" modes leave a little to be desired. Rodimus has visible hand syndrome, and the shots of both of them from behind just look terrible.
So now I am just gonna sit and wait :POPCORN: for them to ban me again for this post.
See y'all later. ;)
Re: In hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimus Prime, Rodimus, Starscream and Grimlock (1923536)
Posted by MadProject on November 25th, 2017 @ 3:11am CST
found on Youtube:

PotP Leader Class Orion Pax/Optimus Prime

Re: In hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimus Prime, Rodimus, Starscream and Grimlock (1923537)
Posted by Ultra Markus on November 25th, 2017 @ 3:30am CST
ThunderThruster wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:
ThunderThruster wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:I saw this and thought how cool it would be if the used the rodimus prime mold for it[attachment=0]PicsArt_07-25-09.31.59.jpg[/attachment]

Where do I buy this?!

its just a digibash but it does look like a possibilty ;)

I'm aware, but it looks like a decent modern interpretation.

Here's to hoping for a real one
Re: In hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimus Prime, Rodimus, Starscream and Grimlock (1923540)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on November 25th, 2017 @ 6:10am CST
I really, really dig that Optimus. Especially for Orion Pax. This leader will be bought day one for sure.

The Hot-Rod / Rodimus Prime is not too bad too.

Starscream is very nice, but his torso mode is iffy. Maybe if he'll have some nice limbs to go with him...

As for the dinobots... erh... They don't excite me at all. Still, I wouldn't mind a G2 Dinobots box set.
Re: In hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimus Prime, Rodimus, Starscream and Grimlock (1923541)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on November 25th, 2017 @ 6:12am CST
MadProject wrote:found on Youtube:

PotP Leader Class Orion Pax/Optimus Prime

Between the YOUTUBE brackets, paste only what come after the v=
Meaning just the 21gWowsbNWs
Result:

Re: In hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimus Prime, Rodimus, Starscream and Grimlock (1923547)
Posted by Skritz on November 25th, 2017 @ 9:46am CST

I'll stay on my initial plans to buy Optimus, Rodimus and Dreadwind for Wave 1. That was in my original plans and its going to stay that way. While I obviously have no Dinbot in my collection, budget constrains leave me with most likely only being able to buy one full combiner set in the early waves and, frankly, I'd still rather buy a complete Abominus. Not sure why, tbh, given there is no excuse on my hand like 'I had the toy as a kid', its just that when it come to owning a full set with the intent to display both separated and combined, Abominus is the one I find myself wanting more despite how we haven't seen his fully combined mode yet. Maybe its just because I dig the Terrorcon design as a combiner team more than I dig the Dinbots as a combiner team?

Then again, those Dinobots are still tempting even in spite of their shortcomings. Agh. :BOOM:
Re: In hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimus Prime, Rodimus, Starscream and Grimlock (1923548)
Posted by Quantum Surge on November 25th, 2017 @ 9:50am CST

I had to do this.
Re: In hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimus Prime, Rodimus, Starscream and Grimlock (1923549)
Posted by westjames/notirish. on November 25th, 2017 @ 10:08am CST
Hmmm... Strascream looks a lot better in person, though I don't like how the stickers are different colors! sigh TR Megatron strikes back! Orion Pax's cab mode still looks... erm... bad... but it doeas look a lttle better than stock photos... oh well. And Hot Rod's shoulders look too close and low to his body. And Volcanicus is almost the same story, his arms are to low down. But Power of the Primes looks like its gonna be a good toyline.
Re: In hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimus Prime, Rodimus, Starscream and Grimlock (1923550)
Posted by bodrock on November 25th, 2017 @ 10:24am CST
Skritz wrote:I'm aware people find them 'meh' for a variety of reasons but whenever I look at a Transformers toy I have to remind myself they are that, mass retail toys and not some masterpiece collector figure. They will have their weak spot and wonky engineering. With that said however:

Agreed -- I also gotta have the Terrorcons! It wasn't hard to upgrade and improve on their original G1 selves, and that they did. Not so much with the Dinobots....but Swoop is great.

Any plans for Legends or Prime Masters for wave1, Skritz? I really like Slash.<!-- ia0 -->IMG_8853.JPG<!-- ia0 -->
Re: In hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimus Prime, Rodimus, Starscream and Grimlock (1923551)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 25th, 2017 @ 10:24am CST

Re: In hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimus Prime, Rodimus, Starscream and Grimlock (1923554)
Posted by Overcracker on November 25th, 2017 @ 11:02am CST
Well, Starscream's a literal d**khead. Who new? :lol:

Volcanicus looks awkward. Guess I can skip Slug and Snarl, and just get Grimlock, Swoop and Sludge then. No need to ever combine them.

Orion looks excellent, but it seems all the engineering went into making his robot mode look great, and they forgot about all the other modes.

His cab mode is a bit messy, but it can be overlooked, but add the trailer, and it just looks so messy in both modes. It's like he saw Power Master Prime, and Energon Prime / Omega Supreme and said, I can do that worse... hold by Matrix.

Somehow, Rodimus Prime keeps looking better and better though.
Re: In hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimus Prime, Rodimus, Starscream and Grimlock (1923555)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 25th, 2017 @ 11:12am CST
Do take note that some pics may have the figures mistransformed, particularly Volcanicus:

vs.

Carnivius_Prime wrote:Is that the actual back of that Grimlock t-rex mode? Or are there some panels missing? Cos it looks very exposed and messy...

Looks like it. Here's a closeup:

Transformers products from AMAZON