Saturday, October 3rd, 2020 2:49pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 29,994

Greetings Seibertronians! We have a beast of a story to share with you today! Fellow Seibertron user, -WonkoTheSane-, has sent us word that the 'Jiibann' Facebook page have gotten their hands on the yet-to-be-offically announced, Transformers Studio Series 69 Revenge of the Fallen Devastator box set! The gargantuan set includes all the Constructicons you need to combine into Devastator, but replaces Rampage with Skip Jack.

The Facebook page have taken a wealth of photos of the toys which prove there is in fact paint differences between the individual releases and the boxed version. Here are the differences in -WonkoTheSane-'s own words:

-WonkoTheSane- wrote:new paint apps on Devastator's face (silver accents on eyebrow region, Extra red above eyebrow region, extra silver beneath eyes, And extra bronze paint roughly where nostrils would be) Additionally, There is new paint on both Scrapper and Long Haul, On Scrapper's shovels there is new dirt and weathering, And on the side of Long Haul's foot mode (and by extension, Truck mode) there is also new dirt and weathering.

Check out the images below:

Transformers News: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series 69 Revenge of the Fallen Devastator Boxset

What do you think of this release? Will you be wanting to pick this up? Or have you managed to track down the Constructicons elsewhere? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): Jiibann Facebook page

Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series 69 Revenge of the Fallen Devastator Boxset (2082696)
Posted by Brutal brawl on October 3rd, 2020 @ 2:59pm CDT
Time to sell my organs
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series 69 Revenge of the Fallen Devastator Boxset (2082697)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on October 3rd, 2020 @ 3:00pm CDT
>:oP :VEHI:
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series 69 Revenge of the Fallen Devastator Boxset (2082698)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 3rd, 2020 @ 3:03pm CDT
Now to know where the Devy kit will be available and for how much.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series 69 Revenge of the Fallen Devastator Boxset (2082702)
Posted by william-james88 on October 3rd, 2020 @ 4:30pm CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:Sweet! What do you think now that you have them combined?

I'll be honest, I preffer them not combined. The combined mode in bipedal mode is solid though, but I can't really play around with it much, unlike other combiners which pose much better (like his CW Counterpart). Still one heck of a feat.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series 69 Revenge of the Fallen Devastator Boxset (2082717)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 3rd, 2020 @ 8:04pm CDT
Started messing around with my Blitzwing this afternoon, no photos yet, but he is a really fun robot. The jet mode is a little wonky and I still await my F4 Phantom jet mode, but the robot mode is really solid, and so expressive. I love the accessories and the way they work, and the wings posability is nice. They need exceptionally well with him, glad we finally got a Bee movie figure they did great on the first time.

Also got a mace for Grimlock today, it makes him look even more imposing

Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series 69 Revenge of the Fallen Devastator Boxset (2082723)
Posted by YRQRM0 on October 3rd, 2020 @ 8:44pm CDT
That's a disappointingly little amount of new paint. I was hoping either no changes, or super significant ones that some of them desperately need. That, and maybe some missile launchers for the shoulders.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series 69 Revenge of the Fallen Devastator Boxset (2082726)
Posted by KapikoCustoms on October 3rd, 2020 @ 9:28pm CDT
According to TF Source, it's supposed to come with an array of accessories and weapons for $499.
I paid for all new Constructicons $311 all together at Target and Walmart just last week.
Many of the figures are on sale now. Overload is for $29.99 as well as Skipjack, for instance, that is more movie accurate with it's yellow as the Devastator's left foot.
In my opinion, the extra paint job (not really good) is not worth an additional $188.
I guess we'll have to wait for the stores like Target to see the friendlier prices. They are usually lower than online stores.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series 69 Revenge of the Fallen Devastator Boxset (2082731)
Posted by PetesSuperRobots on October 3rd, 2020 @ 11:56pm CDT

Studio series Blitzwing Cybertronian machine gun emplacement!

https://petessuperrobots.blogspot.com/2 ... e-gun.html
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series 69 Revenge of the Fallen Devastator Boxset (2082743)
Posted by Deadput on October 4th, 2020 @ 7:41am CDT
PetesSuperRobots wrote:I have always been bothered with Studio series Blitzwing not having a third mode as Triple changers should, so I went ahead and came up with....

Studio series Blitzwing Cybertronian machine gun emplacement!

https://petessuperrobots.blogspot.com/2 ... e-gun.html

Movie Blitzwing wasn't a triple changer so why would his toy be one?
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series 69 Revenge of the Fallen Devastator Boxset (2082744)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 4th, 2020 @ 8:00am CDT
Deadput wrote:

Studio series Blitzwing Cybertronian machine gun emplacement!

https://petessuperrobots.blogspot.com/2 ... e-gun.html

Movie Blitzwing wasn't a triple changer so why would his toy be one?

True, the only triple changers in Bumblebee was Dropkick and Shatter, though some people believe that names should have characteristics built into then like that every Blitzwing should be a triple changer etc
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series 69 Revenge of the Fallen Devastator Boxset (2082746)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 4th, 2020 @ 8:54am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:
Deadput wrote:

Studio series Blitzwing Cybertronian machine gun emplacement!

https://petessuperrobots.blogspot.com/2 ... e-gun.html

Movie Blitzwing wasn't a triple changer so why would his toy be one?

Blitzwing did also have a toy with a tank mode, and he was a triple changer in the Bumblebee movie comics.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series 69 Revenge of the Fallen Devastator Boxset (2082916)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on October 6th, 2020 @ 2:28pm CDT
The Devastator boxed set is an easy pass for me, but I'm glad it'll be available for those who missed out on the early ones.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series 69 Revenge of the Fallen Devastator Boxset (2083067)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 7th, 2020 @ 9:20pm CDT
I've gotta hand it to ya, Primal, when you screw up-... wait wrong timeline
Only Starscream could fail to dispose of a helples-...dammit not again
"Need help?"
"Did you think you could hi-"
YES, DID YOU THINK YOU COULD HIDE?!?!

Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series 69 Revenge of the Fallen Devastator Boxset (2083094)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 8th, 2020 @ 4:31am CDT
When I saw Blitzwing popping up at Amazon, I ordered him right away.

Now, fingers crossed so that ToyHax create a Reprolabels set to turn him into "G1" Starscream.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series 69 Revenge of the Fallen Devastator Boxset (2083096)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on October 8th, 2020 @ 6:28am CDT
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series 69 Revenge of the Fallen Devastator Boxset (2083099)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 8th, 2020 @ 6:42am CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:I finally saw Blitzwing on the shelf at Wal-Mart, and I was kinda underwhelmed. It's not a bad figure, but doesn't look as good in-hand as it did in photos for some reason. To me, the legs and feet don't look good. The upper body is still nice, as is the jet mode. And yeah, he would make a great Starscream, who I thought he was (and should have been) when I saw the trailer for the movie.

You wanted Starscream to die like a punk? (Not that Screamers actual death was any better but you know, at least he lasted three films :lol:)
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series 69 Revenge of the Fallen Devastator Boxset (2083115)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on October 8th, 2020 @ 10:08am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:

No, had it been Starscream, he wouldn't have died, just got beat. Then flew away when the humans showed up. And they died practically the same way. :lol:
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series 69 Revenge of the Fallen Devastator Boxset (2083118)
Posted by LeAwesome1 on October 8th, 2020 @ 10:40am CDT

In the mail today I also got SS Leadfoot, haven't transformed him yet but he looks incredible and I'm so glad to finally have the wreckers completed (prior to this I only had them in legion form!)

Also bought ROTF Soundwave, and while I am not really impressed with the figure, I knew I wouldn't be I just wanted him to fill the gap in the ROTF part of my display, which he does very well IMO.

Still undecided on ROTF Starscream and DOTM Ratchet, as I never really cared for the variations. Are they worth getting repeats of?
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series 69 Revenge of the Fallen Devastator Boxset (2083129)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 8th, 2020 @ 1:05pm CDT
LeAwesome1 wrote:I've been trying to fill in some gaps from SS that I missed, due to at the time not really wanting them, and so far I've managed to get my hands on DOTM Megatron and I'm quite impressed with it. Not a perfect figure, but definitely looks the part! I'm trying to get my hands on a Jetwing Prime but I cannot find a pre-owned one anywhere!

I did not get the DotM Ratchet, only the original because I wanted the saw.

I did the opposite on screams, passed on the first so I could get the 2nd with the saw. the 2nd Tattooed up Screamer is really nice though, I'd recommend getting that one
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series 69 Revenge of the Fallen Devastator Boxset (2083141)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on October 8th, 2020 @ 2:52pm CDT
IMO you can pass on RoTF Starscream, but if you got Lockdown you should get DoTM Ratchet.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #277 - Daring to Be Stupid
"Daring to Be Stupid"
Posted: Sunday, May 30th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Commemorative Series 9 Ricochet 2004 NO NIGHTSTICK TRU Excl EX Cond" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TURTLER / SNAPTRAP Takara TT-GS03 New in Box" on EBAY
Buy "1987 Transformers G1 Vintage Headmaster Scorponok - Helmet for Lord Zarak" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects G2 Megatron, Netflix Hotlink Target Red Wing" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Scorponok shield original" on EBAY