Transformers News: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series DOTM Optimus Prime And Car Mode Dropkick

Sunday, July 21st, 2019 6:38PM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Nathaniel Prime   Views: 20,982

Fellow Seibertronians! Yours truly has discovered some great news regarding the new Transformers Studio Series SS-44 Dark Of The Moon Optimus Prime and SS-46 Car Mode Dropkick. Thanks to Planet Iacon's Facebook page, we now have in hand images of the two highly anticipated upcoming figures, which show off the detail and accessories of both bots. These pictures confirm, much to many's delight, that Prime's abs are in fact painted silver, but the trailer is unfortunately left mostly unpainted.

With all of these accessories, Optimus Prime can now truly take them all on, and Dropkick can now properly burn the whole planet to cinders.

Are you loving DropKar? Are you still hating DOTM Prime? Tell us in the discussion below.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series DOTM Optimus Prime And Car Mode Dropkick (2030754)
Posted by Drift082111 on July 21st, 2019 @ 7:09pm CDT
They both look great.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series DOTM Optimus Prime And Car Mode Dropkick (2030755)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 21st, 2019 @ 7:14pm CDT
That DOTM Optimus look bland and underwhelming.

I'll wait for the superior Takara version. [-(

Seriously, if a "premium" version ever come out, I may consider it. But as it is right here, it's a solid pass. (I have way too many Optimusses anyway)
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series DOTM Optimus Prime And Car Mode Dropkick (2030756)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 21st, 2019 @ 7:24pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:That DOTM Optimus look bland and underwhelming.

I'll wait for the superior Takara version. [-(

It already has a premium version: #32 ;) Clear windows and all, just need those DotM pecs.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series DOTM Optimus Prime And Car Mode Dropkick (2030757)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on July 21st, 2019 @ 7:33pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:That DOTM Optimus look bland and underwhelming.

I'll wait for the superior Takara version. [-(

Maybe I'm just sour about this mold after finally nabbing this guy, and for a great discount too!
788px-Studio-Series-38-MVBB-Voyager-Optimus-Prime.jpg
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series DOTM Optimus Prime And Car Mode Dropkick (2030760)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 21st, 2019 @ 7:39pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:That DOTM Optimus look bland and underwhelming.

I'll wait for the superior Takara version. [-(

That doesn't do anything for the almost-unpainted plain gray trailer, which is what Kanrabat takes issue with.
Nathaniel Prime wrote:Funny, I thought of DOTM Prime to be the "premium" version of the mold, with the orange fade and what not.
I could do without the painted windows though. They're annoying to me and only are really there to "differentiate" the robot mode.[/attachment]
Actually, they might be a sign that the pecs are cast in opaque plastic.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series DOTM Optimus Prime And Car Mode Dropkick (2030761)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on July 21st, 2019 @ 7:42pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:That DOTM Optimus look bland and underwhelming.

I'll wait for the superior Takara version. [-(

Actually, they might be a sign that the pecs are cast in opaque plastic.

I dunno, they look painted to me. I think they were cast in red plastic and then painted silver. Same goes for the windows.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series DOTM Optimus Prime And Car Mode Dropkick (2030762)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 21st, 2019 @ 7:47pm CDT
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series DOTM Optimus Prime And Car Mode Dropkick (2030766)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on July 21st, 2019 @ 8:16pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:...That's what I what I was getting at. I was saying that the silver paint on the pecs might be more to compensate for them being cast in opaque red plastic, than any attempt to "differentiate" the robot mode.

I get that, the abs needed that paint, both to break up the red and to be more accurate. It's the windows being painted silver that bothers me. They are distracting, not movie accurate, and in my opinion, only there to make it look different (apparently abs and trailer aren't considered "different")
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series DOTM Optimus Prime And Car Mode Dropkick (2030767)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 21st, 2019 @ 8:27pm CDT
Nathaniel Prime wrote:

Pecs =/= Abs. Pecs = the upper chest muscles. I'm talking about the (robot mode) windows.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series DOTM Optimus Prime And Car Mode Dropkick (2030768)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 21st, 2019 @ 8:29pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Pecs =/= Abs. Pecs = the upper chest muscles.

:BANG_HEAD: ABS is what they're called, I knew that!
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series DOTM Optimus Prime And Car Mode Dropkick (2030770)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on July 21st, 2019 @ 8:30pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
Nathaniel Prime wrote:

Looks like I don't understand basic human anatomy terms :lol:

I see where you come from, thanks for helping me understand ;)
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series DOTM Optimus Prime And Car Mode Dropkick (2030791)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 21st, 2019 @ 8:58pm CDT
Really? Nothing new SS wise?

The latest figures are getting ready to hit any day, and we have nothing for the wave past it.

I'm really disappointed in SDCC for the SS stuff.

I am however fairly stoked at the idea of the Arcee sisters. We knew Mixmaster was coming 4 months ago or so.

Optimus and Dropkick look good! I like the Optimus mold and look forward to it with the jetpack and trailer. Also hoping Dropkick is much more solid than Shatter
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series DOTM Optimus Prime And Car Mode Dropkick (2030792)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 21st, 2019 @ 9:00pm CDT
Exactly as it was said above, my main beef with the DOTM Leader is the trailer. I don't have much space for Optimus trailers. So if I have to make room for it, it better be damn beautiful. This look like a cheap dollar store storage box. And the voyager optimus, I kinda already have.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series DOTM Optimus Prime And Car Mode Dropkick (2030794)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 21st, 2019 @ 9:02pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I am however fairly stoked at the idea of the Arcee sisters.

Please tell me they are not the ROTF abominations but rather, the "classics" Bee Movie ones.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series DOTM Optimus Prime And Car Mode Dropkick (2030798)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 21st, 2019 @ 9:07pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

The RotF ones. Those 3 are among a very tiny part of the movie Autobot cast that I do not have in toy form. I think once they come, Wheelie and Brains will be it for missing movie Autobots in my collection. (well, Dino needs more than his legion figure, soooooooo)

And don't even say anything about the designs and how "ugly" they are. The classics one from the Bee movie wasn't particularly good to me, I like Bayformers, and I have grown very tired over the past week and a half with "ugly Bayformers still up in this mess" comments
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series DOTM Optimus Prime And Car Mode Dropkick (2030801)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on July 21st, 2019 @ 9:08pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

1484707737136.png
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series DOTM Optimus Prime And Car Mode Dropkick (2030810)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 21st, 2019 @ 9:34pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Well, if they are in scale, (meaning Legend sized) come as a 3 pack, and actually combined as it was initially promised way back then, all would be forgiven. Price point could be voyager-like.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series DOTM Optimus Prime And Car Mode Dropkick (2030816)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on July 21st, 2019 @ 10:26pm CDT
Prime looks great! Hopefully I’ll have him in-hand in the next few weeks.

I’m glad the abs are painted, but I’m even more glad that they used the brighter red like SS-32. The trailer being gray doesn't really bug me, I’ll enjoy painting it myself.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series DOTM Optimus Prime And Car Mode Dropkick (2030817)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on July 21st, 2019 @ 10:31pm CDT
Apparently people are bothered by the fact that DOTM Prime's colors won't match the ab piece that Jetfire comes with. I kinda recall that piece being a bit darker, now that you mention it.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series DOTM Optimus Prime And Car Mode Dropkick (2030822)
Posted by william-james88 on July 21st, 2019 @ 11:19pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Really? Nothing new SS wise?

I'm really disappointed in SDCC for the SS stuff.

Thats a lot like last year when all the ss reveals were at Fan Expo

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #236 - Tangled Web
"Tangled Web"
Posted: Monday, December 9th, 2019

Buy "Transformers: Siege - War for Cybertron - Sideswipe - Sealed - Light Wear" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Siege - War for Cybertron - Sideswipe - Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "DX9 Toys D05 Transformers Chigurh MP G1 Astrotrain Toy Reprint Pre-order" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War For Cybertron Siege DECEPTICON SHOCKWAVE Leader" on EBAY
Buy "????Transformers Generation SIEGE WAR CYBERTRON MIRAGE WFC-S43 Figure No Booklet????" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Siege War for Cybertron Ratchet" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Siege War for Cybertron Trilogy - Lionizer, Blowpipe, Firedrive" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS **OMEGA SUPREME TITAN SIEGE WFC-S29 WAR FOR CYBERTRON** NEW" on EBAY