Transformers News: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series of Hightower, Long Haul, and KSI Boss

Monday, July 22nd, 2019 1:56AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Stargrave   Views: 12,475

Coming on the heels of our previous post of Studio Series images are a few more from Planet Iacon on Facebook. This time we have Hightower, Long Haul, and a couple of the KSI Boss!

Long Haul comes smashing through your bots like a Decepti-Hulk, KSI Boss swoops down on his enemies from above sporting an incredibly detailed new paint job and Hightower...well, he's a robot. At least I'm pretty sure. Teeny arms, so creepy!

Very much keeping in the odd band of merry monsters theme Hightower definitely stands out as an incredibly unique character the physical likes of which haven't really been seen before in Transformers outside of the previous renditions of the character. Anyone who's picked up the Constructicons so far will no doubt feel that pull on their purse strings to pick up this little nasty.

Enough fan service! Enjoy the views and share your thoughts with the Seibertron crew in the forums, and stay tuned to Seibertron for the ultimate in Transformers news!
Credit(s): Planet Iacon
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series of Hightower, Long Haul, and KSI Boss (2030844)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 22nd, 2019 @ 2:08am CDT
The KSI boss' head looks like a mixture of Soundwave and Shockwave
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series of Hightower, Long Haul, and KSI Boss (2030856)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 22nd, 2019 @ 4:35am CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:The KSI boss' head looks like a mixture of Soundwave and Shockwave

Exactly like the original. It's TLK voyager Nitro. But this time, they bothered doing the paint job.

I want it because mine was turned into Thunderwing and that mold is pretty.... Boss.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series of Hightower, Long Haul, and KSI Boss (2030864)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on July 22nd, 2019 @ 7:30am CDT
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series of Hightower, Long Haul, and KSI Boss (2030865)
Posted by Ig89ninja on July 22nd, 2019 @ 7:38am CDT
DecepticonFinishline wrote:I don't mean to sound ungrateful, because I am happy to see anything about the Devastator bois... But... How have we not gotten a video review for Hightower? Not even a Ton Ton Review. I need to see how this boi really works.

I know, we don’t even have images of his combined mode!
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series of Hightower, Long Haul, and KSI Boss (2030868)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 22nd, 2019 @ 8:07am CDT
Ig89ninja wrote:

I know, we don’t even have images of his combined mode!

With a bit of googling, the concept pictures can be found. Posting from phone here so I cant right now.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series of Hightower, Long Haul, and KSI Boss (2030870)
Posted by Stargrave on July 22nd, 2019 @ 8:12am CDT

Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series of Hightower, Long Haul, and KSI Boss (2030883)
Posted by Bucky on July 22nd, 2019 @ 8:48am CDT
[quote="D-Maximal_Primal”] I am however fairly stoked at the idea of the Arcee sisters. We knew Mixmaster was coming 4 months ago or so.

Optimus and Dropkick look good! I like the Optimus mold and look forward to it with the jetpack and trailer. Also hoping Dropkick is much more solid than Shatter[/quote]

The news about the Triplets has me more excited than anything else in the SS line that we know is coming. It was an exciting bit of unexpected news. I’m just hoping that they aren’t overly simplified, being that they’re going to be smaller than deluxes. I’d call them Scout sized (my favorite class), but I don’t know if they’re actually going to be Scouts. What I’m imagining is the size and complexity of the old RotF And HftD Scouts, and that has me feeling really pumped.

Mixmaster has me super excited, too. Last month I finally bought a RotF Mixmaster, and I loved it so much that when I saw his G1 colored redeco for the cheapest I’ve ever seen it, i jumped on it. I can’t get enough of that bot’s design.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series of Hightower, Long Haul, and KSI Boss (2030899)
Posted by Stargrave on July 22nd, 2019 @ 9:52am CDT

Mixmaster and the way he flips into that canon mode is so super cool I hope it’s retained somehow in the new mold.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series of Hightower, Long Haul, and KSI Boss (2030902)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on July 22nd, 2019 @ 10:16am CDT
Stargrave wrote:You know the Studio Series is really having me appreciate these designs in a whole new way whereas back when they first debuted I wasn’t a fan.

I really like that too. I want the new SS figure to still have that, even if it has to be a separate piece that you attach yourself ala AOE Lockdown.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series of Hightower, Long Haul, and KSI Boss (2030912)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 22nd, 2019 @ 11:49am CDT
I have Long Haul. He's a chunky bot.
66804522_479465649546396_811730103505658970_n.jpg

65289300_129909141566770_6391038521679778561_n.jpg

66427551_403330700287480_3951118048341846263_n.jpg

66652939_490283741728341_7130717225680332046_n.jpg

67186237_396777637628809_428112601677865634_n.jpg

I really wish they'd have painted the darn robot mode flames on Optimus for that Leader Class price.. but oh well... The yellow fade on the truck is nice, the DotM abs are cool. Dunno why they painted the windows. They never looks not-fake. I may mix and match with my SS32 which I did an amateurish paintjob (I really sucked at the flames but they do the job ok til Toyhax make proper labels for him which they'll likely do with the DotM version even just to cover the trailer with the G1 stripes the mold clearly has ready for)
65962675_1692283950906656_3444987151820050086_n.jpg

Dropkick (car version) actually looks quite nice in those pics. I not buying Beewun figures cos I don't like them (and I sold off both yellow and gold versions of VW Bee) but that Dropkick is by far my fave of the figures from that film.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series of Hightower, Long Haul, and KSI Boss (2030922)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 22nd, 2019 @ 12:27pm CDT

Do bear in mind that for that Leader-class price, you're getting a full-fledged Studio Series Voyager, a substantial trailer and flight pack, and a fair number of accessories.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series of Hightower, Long Haul, and KSI Boss (2030923)
Posted by Stargrave on July 22nd, 2019 @ 12:41pm CDT
I am soooo hella doing this when I get Hightower!
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series of Hightower, Long Haul, and KSI Boss (2030924)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 22nd, 2019 @ 12:47pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:The windows being painted suggests they're made from opaque plastic this the around. Painting them may look fake, but it beats them being blank red. But don't worry, I'm sure Toyhax will be oh-so-happy to provide you with some cartoony cel-shading stickers to cover them with (as opposed to, say, stickers giving the illusion of robot bits behind them because that would just be *silly*). That will look better, right?

That sort of unnecessary snark was one reason I been away from here for so long. I just came here today to see if there were any more details on the four new items listed since there were no photos. I was simply expressing disappointment they weren't transparent like the figure has already been before.

A voyager I 99% already have.

Stargrave wrote:I am soooo hella doing this when I get Hightower!

Yeah I saw that a few days ago. It's pretty cool fanmode and I like it gives the idea of combiners combining in other ways when they can't form the main combined mode due to missing members who are absent or dead.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series of Hightower, Long Haul, and KSI Boss (2030936)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 22nd, 2019 @ 1:27pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

Carnivius_Prime wrote:
A voyager I 99% already have.
I suppose so. But I doubt stores would have gone for the trailer on its own, and who knows if further retooling has been done.

Myself, I want to see just how the jetpack stores in trailer mode.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series of Hightower, Long Haul, and KSI Boss (2030937)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on July 22nd, 2019 @ 1:29pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
65962675_1692283950906656_3444987151820050086_n.jpg

Nice paint work on Optimus! Do you have any other pictures of him?

While I’d really like to start saving for the next wave, I might get Long Haul - that robot mode is spot-on perfect.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series of Hightower, Long Haul, and KSI Boss (2030949)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 22nd, 2019 @ 2:21pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:I know.. I wasn't meaning to aim at you... I'm just bitterly disappointed about Toyhax being such a one-trick pony when it comes to windows and said trick being "G1 cartoon-style cel-shading whether it fits or not"...

Hm ok fair enough. I think the cell shaded windows do make G1 style figures look better (the only time I REALLY like the G1 toon style was in the video game Transformers: Devastation where the cell shading looked far better than the cartoon ever did and I've really liked people's customs using that style. Makes the blocky bots look far more visually interesting to me). I've not seen cell shaded windows for movie bot toys so far. Usually they're just a blank shiny colour of sorts to cover up the exposed bot parts inside if you so choose (no one says you have to apply every sticker in the set, I often just pick and choose).

EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
Nice paint work on Optimus! Do you have any other pictures of him?

Yeah but it's not a professional paintjob. Just me trying my thing with my limited skills. I may post them in a thread in the customs forum when i take some new photos. I was just using it as an example of what they could have done to add a bit more value in the paintwork with the DotM figure. :)

Long Haul was my first purchase since I got DotM Megatron for £38 off Amazon a few months back. I've had to pay out a couple hundred for a trip away so my savings are a bit low but I was in Forbidden Planet last week and he was there and my friend who works there gave me a 10% discount so i thought ah hell why not, I shall start my road to Devastation (oddly using that word twice in one post for different things). I haven't see Scrapmetal or Rampage in stores here yet so I may have to find them online when i got some more money saved. Long Haul is pretty fun. Not perfect (no TF figure is ever perfect in my opinion), I don't like how the arms are quite visible in the bed of the tipper tray thing and as someone pointed out, Long Haul should absolutely dwarf Ironhide in my pic up there but I guess they've had to scale down the Constructicons a bit to make them practical as store-bought action figures. Anyways I shush now for a while. Hope everyone has been well. :)
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series of Hightower, Long Haul, and KSI Boss (2030952)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 22nd, 2019 @ 2:41pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

Well, I'm not exactly a fan of the "opaque stickers over the outside of clear windows" thing in general; the "old cartooon cel-shading" look is just the worst flavor of it in my book because it looks daft to me on an actual physical object.. I've seen cel-shaded pseudoglazing for a couple of Studio Series figures and I've seen it a lot for SIEGE (where it also seems out of place, especially on figures like Ultra Magnus and Galaxy Upgrade Optimus) and Prime Wars, and it's just about all I see. Never anything like adding more detail behind the glass, stuff like that..
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series of Hightower, Long Haul, and KSI Boss (2030957)
Posted by Ig89ninja on July 22nd, 2019 @ 3:06pm CDT
Stargrave wrote:I am soooo hella doing this when I get Hightower!

Ok, that’s awesome!
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series of Hightower, Long Haul, and KSI Boss (2030961)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 22nd, 2019 @ 3:31pm CDT
Two things) first off, welcome back Carni! I've missed your presence in this thread :)

Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series of Hightower, Long Haul, and KSI Boss (2030975)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on July 22nd, 2019 @ 5:28pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Secondly) that fan mode of high tower and scrapmetal is awesome, I do love the fan modes the fandom comes out with.

I'll second that. I'm so doing that once I get Hightower as well. Their combined form will be Duocon Scraptower. Or Highmetal? No Scraptower it is.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #228 - Afterthoughts
"Afterthoughts"
Posted: Monday, August 12th, 2019

Buy "transformers age of extinction slug slag" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron - Siege Leader Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime Figur" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Slog Voyager Class Age of Extinction Hasbro - G1 Colors " on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON JETFIRE free 3 day priority shipping" on EBAY
Buy "AUTOBOT HOUND Transformers Construct Bots Elite Class E1:03 52 Pieces Hasbro New" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS CONSTRUCT-BOTS ELITE CLASS SOUNDWAVE NEW SEALED USA" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Construct Bots Decepticon Breakdown Scout Class E1:08 Hasbro Toys" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION  AUTOBOT HOUND   HASBRO 2014 MISB" on EBAY