In Hand Images of Transformers: The Last Knight Slash and Grimlock

In Hand Images of Transformers: The Last Knight Slash and Grimlock

Thursday, February 9th, 2017 9:03am CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 41,336

A vietnamese seller on facebook has the recently revealed Slash and Grimlock figures from The Transformers: Last Knight for sale, but it is a private account. TFW user Saito Satoru has access and posted the images found there. You can see both of them in their more screen accurate grey/silver decos below.

Transformers News: In Hand Images of Transformers: The Last Knight Slash and Grimlock

Any of you feel like double dipping?

Credit(s): TFW user Saito Satoru

This article was last modified on Tuesday, March 28th, 2017 11:49am CDT

Re: In Hand Images of Transformers: The Last Knight Slash and Grimlock (1858143)
Posted by LE0KING on February 9th, 2017 @ 9:12am CST
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers: The Last Knight Slash and Grimlock (1858144)
Posted by Microraptor on February 9th, 2017 @ 9:13am CST
Loving the blue metallics on Slash.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers: The Last Knight Slash and Grimlock (1858145)
Posted by william-james88 on February 9th, 2017 @ 9:15am CST
LE0KING wrote:I never bought the original slash because I didn't like the colors. So I may get this.

Your so damn lucky. I also think this looks great, but the fact that I already bought the previous one makes me really ticked off that I have to buy the same toy again just to get a decent deco. You wont have to live with the guilt of noe having wasted money, you get the good stuff straight away :)
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers: The Last Knight Slash and Grimlock (1858148)
Posted by LE0KING on February 9th, 2017 @ 9:18am CST
william-james88 wrote:

In my experience when I have to buy two versions of the same mold I just slap a purple autobot logo on the ugliest version And put it with the sg's.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers: The Last Knight Slash and Grimlock (1858149)
Posted by william-james88 on February 9th, 2017 @ 9:19am CST
LE0KING wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

I never got into SG, so its a little late for me to start now.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers: The Last Knight Slash and Grimlock (1858151)
Posted by LE0KING on February 9th, 2017 @ 9:26am CST
william-james88 wrote:
LE0KING wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

I never got into SG, so its a little late for me to start now.

Yeah that sucks, most SG figures are expensive so it's not worth it.
My big issue is when I buy a figure and a better version of the character comes out, like evasion prime. For space reasons, I try to never own more than one version of a character.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers: The Last Knight Slash and Grimlock (1858154)
Posted by william-james88 on February 9th, 2017 @ 9:45am CST
LE0KING wrote:For space reasons, I try to never own more than one version of a character.

Character or mold? Like for instance do you only have 1 movie bumblebee toy? And only one classics Bumblebee toy? Or does the MP invalidate the rest? You got me curious.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers: The Last Knight Slash and Grimlock (1858156)
Posted by LE0KING on February 9th, 2017 @ 9:51am CST
william-james88 wrote:

Character. MP10V (yes I bought a ko) is my only Optimus, sold my prid prime when I got it. TR Hotrod means I won't buy the movie one that comes out this year.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers: The Last Knight Slash and Grimlock (1858159)
Posted by Cobotron on February 9th, 2017 @ 10:08am CST
I never picked up Slash either. This deco is way cool and would go ok with my ghost knight Platty set. Might have to grab this one.

I wonder if Slash is any good at guitar? :-?
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers: The Last Knight Slash and Grimlock (1858161)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 9th, 2017 @ 10:11am CST
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers: The Last Knight Slash and Grimlock (1858165)
Posted by Cobotron on February 9th, 2017 @ 10:20am CST
Sabrblade wrote:Slash was arguably the worst Deluxe figure of the AOE line. You couldn't pay me to get another.
Oh... :(
well maybe not then
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers: The Last Knight Slash and Grimlock (1858168)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 9th, 2017 @ 10:28am CST
Cobotron wrote:
Oh... :(
well maybe not then
He had so much beast mode banana feather kibble that it completely undermined the play value of the figure. In both modes.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers: The Last Knight Slash and Grimlock (1858179)
Posted by Nexus Knight on February 9th, 2017 @ 11:24am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
Oh... :(
well maybe not then

I never owned the first toy, but I haven't seen good things about it. If they're going to rerelease Dinobot molds rather than give us new ones, why not Scorn? I own the AOE Scorn toy it's freakin' beautiful, IMO. Even the non-screen accurate color scheme felt perfect. The only compliant I have had w/ it is that the legs won't go on now, but that was more my fault (didn't get the difference between nail polish and nail polish remover on plastic at the time).
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers: The Last Knight Slash and Grimlock (1858204)
Posted by Evil Eye on February 9th, 2017 @ 12:57pm CST

This colour scheme is nice, but I honestly preferred the seafoam and uranium colours of the old version. It gave it a real "Cybertron Jungle Planet" vibe, albeit with far less cool sculpting and paint apps.

One thing I will say is, with the overall skeletal designs, I will be mildly upset if we don't get a version of the Dinobot molds in a bone/"fossilized" colour scheme. Slog in particular would look awesome in bleached bone white or fossil brown, and it would be a rare case where that marbley plastic they like to use would actually work well.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers: The Last Knight Slash and Grimlock (1858207)
Posted by william-james88 on February 9th, 2017 @ 1:07pm CST
Cobotron wrote:I wonder if Slash is any good at guitar? :-?

Dont know but Randy sucks balls at wrestling, he falls to a million pieces whenever he gets smacked down.

Cobotron wrote:
Oh... :(
well maybe not then

I second that, hence why I am so pissed. I bought the mold the first time because I was super curious and wanted every new Dinobot mold. But maaaaan, this guy was rough. And now I see him in a nice deco and I wish the one I had in my collection was that one because I could never buy this toy again. Good thing the tail isnt removeable, meaning that he might end up in a thrift 5 years from now not missing too much (but who knows if I will still be hunting so firecly then).

The ONLY thing cool about this toy is how they chose to integrate the modern raptor interpretation (with feathers) into robotic form. That deserves some merit. some
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers: The Last Knight Slash and Grimlock (1858211)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 9th, 2017 @ 1:11pm CST
Black Hat wrote:A shame the robot mode is so hindered by the fixed wrists and bizarre placement of the feathers, because I always quite liked Slash's dino mode and elements of his robot mode. Now granted I've never had the toy in hand, but I honestly thought it looked OK.
I thought the same back before I got the figure.

Then I got the figure. #-o
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers: The Last Knight Slash and Grimlock (1858212)
Posted by Cobotron on February 9th, 2017 @ 1:14pm CST
Black Hat wrote: Dinobot molds in a bone/"fossilized" colour scheme.
Now where's that stinkin' "Like" button when you need it.

;)^
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers: The Last Knight Slash and Grimlock (1858222)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 9th, 2017 @ 1:46pm CST
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers: The Last Knight Slash and Grimlock (1858226)
Posted by LE0KING on February 9th, 2017 @ 1:52pm CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:I agree, Slash was the worst Deluxe and Dinobot from the last movie. I won't be getting another version of the figures from the last movie unless they drastically improve from the last movie. I may get voyager Prime and a deluxe Bee if he looks good in his new body as a toy, but otherwise, it is only new characters for me

It is worrisome that the first wave is mostly repaints.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers: The Last Knight Slash and Grimlock (1858227)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on February 9th, 2017 @ 1:53pm CST
i bought the original slash on clearance for 5 buck and was surprised at how good the figure is. Depending on price point and how the alt mode looks i may pick this up to add to my raptor army.

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Flip Racers Car & Rescue Bots Flip Salvage Recycling" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots Quickshadow White Car Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers -  Siege (War for Cybertron) - Battle Masters - Blowpipe - Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Fire House Station Playset. "Used"" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Trilogy Battle Masters - Aimless - Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots high tide lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Copter Crane Blades" on EBAY
Buy "New! Super7 GOLD ARMOR BUMBLEBEE Transformers ReAction Series Action Figure" on EBAY