In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Cyclonus, Plus Galvatronus Mode

In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Cyclonus, Plus Galvatronus Mode

Monday, April 6th, 2015 1:35pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 45,025

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Courtesy of usual suspect Genetic of the TFND.net boards, and notified by fellow Transformers fan Chris Wells, we have our first proper look at the Generations Combiner Wars retool of Voyager Silverbolt - into Cyclonus! And not only is the olden Decepticon repurpled for the cause, we also finally see the new torso mode for the Galvatronus combined mode, some comparison shots, and some combined mode pictures too. Check out a sample below, and head here for more!

Transformers News: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Cyclonus, Plus Galvatronus Mode

Transformers News: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Cyclonus, Plus Galvatronus Mode

Transformers News: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Cyclonus, Plus Galvatronus Mode

Transformers News: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Cyclonus, Plus Galvatronus Mode

Transformers News: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Cyclonus, Plus Galvatronus Mode

Transformers News: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Cyclonus, Plus Galvatronus Mode

Transformers News: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Cyclonus, Plus Galvatronus Mode

Transformers News: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Cyclonus, Plus Galvatronus Mode

Transformers News: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Cyclonus, Plus Galvatronus Mode

Transformers News: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Cyclonus, Plus Galvatronus Mode

Transformers News: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Cyclonus, Plus Galvatronus Mode

Transformers News: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Cyclonus, Plus Galvatronus Mode

Transformers News: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Cyclonus, Plus Galvatronus Mode

Transformers News: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Cyclonus, Plus Galvatronus Mode

Transformers News: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Cyclonus, Plus Galvatronus Mode

Transformers News: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Cyclonus, Plus Galvatronus Mode

Credit(s): TFND Genetic


This article was last modified on Monday, June 29th, 2015 12:58pm CDT

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Cyclonus, Plus Galvatronus Mode (1671857)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 6th, 2015 @ 1:45pm CDT
Awww, no new limb reveals?
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Cyclonus, Plus Galvatronus Mode (1671858)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 6th, 2015 @ 1:46pm CDT
The most show-accurate vehicle mode Cyclonus toy ever made.

Can't say the same for the robot mode, but that jet mode is gorgeous!
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Cyclonus, Plus Galvatronus Mode (1671860)
Posted by Robogeek1973 on April 6th, 2015 @ 1:49pm CDT
Not really feeling this one, and I'm a Cyclonus fan.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Cyclonus, Plus Galvatronus Mode (1671863)
Posted by BeatsBySoundwave on April 6th, 2015 @ 1:51pm CDT
Man I can't wait to add Cyclonus and Ultra Magnus to my MTMTE collection!!!
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Cyclonus, Plus Galvatronus Mode (1671864)
Posted by ryanisawesome124 on April 6th, 2015 @ 1:52pm CDT
why pick those particular limbs?....are be gonna be getting redeco/remolds of them in new characters to go with galvatronus?
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Cyclonus, Plus Galvatronus Mode (1671866)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 6th, 2015 @ 1:56pm CDT
ryanisawesome124 wrote:why pick those particular limbs?....are be gonna be getting redeco/remolds of them in new characters to go with galvatronus?


No, so far Cyclonus and Optimus Prime are "extra torsos", meaning they have no particular members uniquely assigned to them unlike Superion and Menasor.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Cyclonus, Plus Galvatronus Mode (1671877)
Posted by william-james88 on April 6th, 2015 @ 2:07pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:The most show-accurate vehicle mode Cyclonus toy ever made.

Can't say the same for the robot mode, but that jet mode is gorgeous!


Umm... The top of the jet, yes, but the bottom kibble is a tough sell. I know that all jets suffer from this but some are better at tucking in the bottom kibble than others. Silverbolt was always the biggest offender for me because the shape under the jet wasn't even in tune with the plane. Generations Jetfire has all the kibble there too but at least from the sides the legs work along the jet making the undercarriage add some volume to it and make it seem like it belongs there. But not with Silverbolt, tt was all boxy and angular under a standard plane. But it was an homage to G1 (aka an easy way out) which I can get behind (to help me sleep at night). But with this guy, not really. As far as updates to G1, I find the Universe one better. Now thats a toy that knows how to handle kibble.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Cyclonus, Plus Galvatronus Mode (1671880)
Posted by Easy Tiger on April 6th, 2015 @ 2:14pm CDT
Sexy!

I'm interested to see whether TT release these, seeing as everything has been gift-sets so far.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Cyclonus, Plus Galvatronus Mode (1671882)
Posted by RiddlerJ on April 6th, 2015 @ 2:18pm CDT
Someone needs to make a Classic Galvatron cannon to wield in his combined mode.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Cyclonus, Plus Galvatronus Mode (1671886)
Posted by megatronus on April 6th, 2015 @ 2:29pm CDT
I actually really like this. I kind of expected to, as oddball stuff falls squarely in my court, but it's nice to have that feeling confirmed. :D
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Cyclonus, Plus Galvatronus Mode (1671887)
Posted by King Kuuga on April 6th, 2015 @ 2:31pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
ryanisawesome124 wrote:why pick those particular limbs?....are be gonna be getting redeco/remolds of them in new characters to go with galvatronus?


No, so far Cyclonus and Optimus Prime are "extra torsos", meaning they have no particular members uniquely assigned to them unlike Superion and Menasor.

Additionally, Cyclonus's bio on the box says that he mind-controls other Transformers into combining with him, so he probably just hijacks whoever is around. Y'know, in whatever micro-continuity the bio takes place in.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Cyclonus, Plus Galvatronus Mode (1671889)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 6th, 2015 @ 2:33pm CDT
Easy Tiger wrote:Sexy!

I'm interested to see whether TT release these, seeing as everything has been gift-sets so far.


Don't count on it. TakaraTomy seems to focus on the classic Combiners and the classic lineup only, with Superion, Menasor, and likely Guardian/Defensor, plus whatever classic teams appear next year.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Cyclonus, Plus Galvatronus Mode (1671892)
Posted by Tresob on April 6th, 2015 @ 2:42pm CDT
Looking at the Galvatron face, I think maybe Cyclonus should have been an Overlord figure...
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Cyclonus, Plus Galvatronus Mode (1671894)
Posted by philswitch engage on April 6th, 2015 @ 2:47pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:The most show-accurate vehicle mode Cyclonus toy ever made.

Can't say the same for the robot mode, but that jet mode is gorgeous!


Umm... The top of the jet, yes, but the bottom kibble is a tough sell. I know that all jets suffer from this but some are better at tucking in the bottom kibble than others. Silverbolt was always the biggest offender for me because the shape under the jet wasn't even in tune with the plane. Generations Jetfire has all the kibble there too but at least from the sides the legs work along the jet making the undercarriage add some volume to it and make it seem like it belongs there. But not with Silverbolt, tt was all boxy and angular under a standard plane. But it was an homage to G1 (aka an easy way out) which I can get behind (to help me sleep at night). But with this guy, not really. As far as updates to G1, I find the Universe one better. Now thats a toy that knows how to handle kibble.



While the Universe Version has an outstanding robot mode, I was always disappointed by the jet mode. The jet mode in that version hid the kibble well, but in the process, it lost all of the sleek lines that the G! toy and cartoon had.

I almost want to buy this guy, chop off all the kibble showing for his robot mode and just keep him as a jet on my shelf.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Cyclonus, Plus Galvatronus Mode (1671899)
Posted by Allenspurs on April 6th, 2015 @ 3:02pm CDT
Tresob wrote:Looking at the Galvatron face, I think maybe Cyclonus should have been an Overlord figure...



I'm glad it's not just me, I'm getting the feeling it's not a coincidence

In fact swap out cyclonus for hot spot, change blades for his white alternative alpha bravo and I'd say you got a close as possible idw overlord.

Can't wait to see it done, I think it would surprise a few people. Hopefully someone on here will flex their photshop skill on it soon
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Cyclonus, Plus Galvatronus Mode (1671906)
Posted by Ginrai Minor on April 6th, 2015 @ 3:23pm CDT
actually dig the torso mod.

wonder what the 3rd party can do with this/who can this be?

Def could have made a more convincing overlord.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Cyclonus, Plus Galvatronus Mode (1671908)
Posted by philswitch engage on April 6th, 2015 @ 3:28pm CDT
If he was done as overlord, I wonder how many people would be posting that they would have rather seen him as galvatron.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Cyclonus, Plus Galvatronus Mode (1671909)
Posted by Editor on April 6th, 2015 @ 3:28pm CDT
I'm thinking Cyclonus could look good using Offroad with Alpha Bravo decoed as Battletrap, and Skydive with Rook decoed as Flywheels.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Cyclonus, Plus Galvatronus Mode (1671912)
Posted by william-james88 on April 6th, 2015 @ 3:34pm CDT
philswitch engage wrote:If he was done as overlord, I wonder how many people would be posting that they would have rather seen him as galvatron.


Worse, if he was done as overlord, there would have been a myriad of complaints about being underwhelmed after waiting for soooooo long.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Cyclonus, Plus Galvatronus Mode (1671914)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 6th, 2015 @ 3:37pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
philswitch engage wrote:If he was done as overlord, I wonder how many people would be posting that they would have rather seen him as galvatron.


Worse, if he was done as overlord, there would have been a myriad of complaints about being underwhelmed after waiting for soooooo long.
And people would complain that Cyclonus is too blue, or "Perpul, not bloo!"

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Sovereign and Alpha Trion" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #253 - Danger Zone
Twincast / Podcast #253:
"Danger Zone"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, June 21st, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Rescue Bot, Brushfire ATV Action Figure Hasbro Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Rescue Bots Cody Burns Graham Burns Kade Burns Human Figure Lot (4)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool Electronic Heatwave The Fire-Bot, Cody Burns" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Transformers - Bumblebee Chase Blades Heatwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool Heroes Action Figure Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Playskool Heroes Transformers Blades the CopterBot + Optimus Prime ResBot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Selects Lancer MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bot Brushfire ATV Action Figure Hasbro Playskool Heroes" on EBAY