Friday, March 24th, 2017 2:46pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 38,568

Thanks to multiple source outlets, we have a swarm of new in-hand images for you to check out of the latest round of Takara's Movie the best line!

First up, from twitter user アルフェス2010 we have a slew of new images of the leader class Optimus Prime! This figure is a re-release of the Buster Optimus Prime mold that comes with his swords, blaster, hooks, and even his bladed knuckles!

The same twitter user also gives us some in-hand images of the new Dinoriders Grimlock and Strafe! Grimlock is a repaint of his Age of Extinction voyager toy while Strafe is a repaint of his deluxe toy. Both come with a small rider figure, with Optimus Prime mounting his mighty dino-steed and Bumblebee finally living up to his name and soaring through the clouds on Strafe's back.

Hobby Search continues the new images with packaging images of the above mentioned dinoriders, with Grimlock and Strafe found here respectively.

Finally. Lapooza Mega store has posted a Facebook video of the 2 little figures, Prime and Bee, that come with the Dinoriders. Check out all the images and video below!

Transformers News: In Hand Images - Transformers Movie The Best Leader Optimus Prime, Dinoriders Grimlock and Strafe

Credit(s): アルフェス2010, Hobby Search, Lapooza Mega Store

Re: In Hand Images - Transformers Movie The Best Leader Optimus Prime, Dinoriders Grimlock and Strafe (1869034)
Posted by Actar on March 24th, 2017 @ 3:11pm CDT
Sigmus Prime wrote:I'm very much tempted to get MB-11 at some point... I've always wanted a version of the mold. But with the potential the upcoming MPM Prime has to be that much better, I think I'll hold out for awhile.

Bumblebee21 wrote:no point in getting this if the mpm is coming out

william-james88 wrote:I paid for him too. Curious about one thing though, if the MPM Optimus prime turns out better than this guy, will you have buyer's remorse of buying MB 11?

I still am picking up this guy even though I plan to pick up 3 of MPM Prime. This mold has played a huge role in revitalizing my interest in Transformers toys and my original 2009 toy has been with me for almost a decade, providing me with countless hours of entertainment and joy. Not only has it marveled me, I have shown him off to many people over the years and he has both astounded and amazed. I consider ROTF Leader Prime to be the embodiment of the best aspects of Transformers toys and the epitome of the pinnacle of Transformers toy engineering. For me, this 10th Anniversary mold is a symbolic and sentimental purchase. As much as I love him, I don't own any copies of this mold other than the original 2009 Leader and Buster. So, it's kind of poetic and fitting, to own both the first renditions of the mold and the final. It rounds off the experience perfectly for me and it's a perfect sendoff to one of my favorite Transformers figures of all time. It's also a perfect figure to pass the baton on to MPM Optimus Prime. As sad as it is, we're long overdue for a figure to dethrone him and usurp his position as the best Optimus Prime figure.

With a heavy heart, it's time to say good bye and to Transform and Transcend.
Re: In Hand Images - Transformers Movie The Best Leader Optimus Prime, Dinoriders Grimlock and Strafe (1869095)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 24th, 2017 @ 8:03pm CDT
carytheone wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:Soundwave: OMFG... That one feel sexy as hell.
It is indeed sexy as hell. More pics by clicking the pic.

ImageThe figure is so nice, that it has made me rethink my view of movie figures.

I learned that that Soundwave is a repaint of the EXCELLENT DOTM Human Alliance. The one I already have, with the dude and Laserbeak. So, yeah, those who missed out on the original being all "Asia Exclusive" and were smart enough to pre-order this one will not be disapointed for sure.
Re: In Hand Images - Transformers Movie The Best Leader Optimus Prime, Dinoriders Grimlock and Strafe (1869189)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on March 25th, 2017 @ 2:46am CDT
Actar wrote:

With a heavy heart, it's time to say good bye and to Transform and Transcend.

Here, here! I feel very much the same way about that mold. :)

-Kanrabat- wrote:

Except for lacking the HA accessories. Laserbeak would have been nice. Still it's a very cool Soundwave.
Re: In Hand Images - Transformers Movie The Best Leader Optimus Prime, Dinoriders Grimlock and Strafe (1869584)
Posted by Emerje on March 26th, 2017 @ 10:10pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Bumblebee21 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:No preorders, its a TRU exclusive

but takara

could also be a TRU exclusive. Happened before.

If I'm not mistaken that's only happened with USA Editions which this is not.

Plus its the same toy, so why would you want to import it when you could get it at TRU?

Two reasons: First, Hasbro and Takara Tomy price the MP cars at about the same MSRP (US$79.99 will probably mean 8,000 JPY), but as you know Transformers don't actually sell at MSRP in Japan. So realistically we can probably import this guy for around US$65-$70 shipped total which is way better than US$80 plus tax. Second is pretty simple, since I don't have a local TRU (the nearest is 70 miles away) I'm going to have to get one online anyway so better to have one locked in with a pre-order than to hope I'm online at the right time to get one off TRU.com.

Emerje
Re: In Hand Images - Transformers Movie The Best Leader Optimus Prime, Dinoriders Grimlock and Strafe (1869596)
Posted by ScottyP on March 26th, 2017 @ 10:40pm CDT
The few things I've grabbed from this series have all been super nice. I'm probably going to go all in with these three March releases and my wallet is going to cry!
Re: In Hand Images - Transformers Movie The Best Leader Optimus Prime, Dinoriders Grimlock and Strafe (1869983)
Posted by william-james88 on March 28th, 2017 @ 10:20am CDT
It is very easy for westerners to forget or ignore but one of the biggest changes brought to the 10th Anniversary Movie The Best MB 11 Pptimus Prime are the electronics. You remember your ROTF leader simply saying his name over and over? Well takara went all out on this ultimate rendition of the mold.

Watch the video below to see the plethora of phrases Optimus says. These are all recorded by the legendary Tessho Genda, who is the voice of Optimus Prime/Convoy in both the G1 cartoon and in the Live Action films (just like Peter Cullen). Tessho Genda is easily the most prolific and legendary voice actor attached to American properties in Japan since not only is he the voice of Optimus Prime but also the voice of Batman (he is the Japanese counterpart to Kevin Conroy) and God of War's Kratos.

For those unaware, this is also the very first Takara release to have articulated hands and the knuckle accessory, along with the retooled abdominal area, swords, hooks and gun made from gaz tanks of the later versions.

Re: In Hand Images - Transformers Movie The Best Leader Optimus Prime, Dinoriders Grimlock and Strafe (1869990)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 28th, 2017 @ 10:51am CDT
Man, that is a LOT of phrases! :APPLAUSE:

william-james88 wrote:Tessho Genda is easily the most prolific and legendary voice actor attached to American properties in Japan since not only is he the voice of Optimus Prime but also the voice of Batman (he is the Japanese counterpart to Kevin Conroy) and God of War's Kratos.
And he's the voices of Tigger, Foghorn Leghorn, Mace Windu, and the official Japanese dub voice actor for Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Dan Aykroyd, and Steven Seagal.
Re: In Hand Images - Transformers Movie The Best Leader Optimus Prime, Dinoriders Grimlock and Strafe (1869998)
Posted by william-james88 on March 28th, 2017 @ 11:09am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Man, that is a LOT of phrases! :APPLAUSE:

I was focusing on characters and while I was about to write Tigger I saw that he isnt the most well known Tigger, just the current one. Just like Peter Cullen isnt really known for Eyore, his voice isnt the most iconic for that character nor is it even the current one.
Kinda like how Joe Alaskey is "known" for Bugs Bunny but thats by far not the iconic voice actor for Bugs.
Re: In Hand Images - Transformers Movie The Best Leader Optimus Prime, Dinoriders Grimlock and Strafe (1869999)
Posted by Overcracker on March 28th, 2017 @ 11:10am CDT
Re: In Hand Images - Transformers Movie The Best Leader Optimus Prime, Dinoriders Grimlock and Strafe (1870000)
Posted by william-james88 on March 28th, 2017 @ 11:10am CDT
Overcracker wrote:According to DHL, my MB-11 should be here today. Cannot wait to get it, and crack him open just to have him scream japanese things at me. :lol:

TRANSUFORM!
Re: In Hand Images - Transformers Movie The Best Leader Optimus Prime, Dinoriders Grimlock and Strafe (1870019)
Posted by Overcracker on March 28th, 2017 @ 12:21pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

TRANSUFORM!

Yup!. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: In Hand Images - Transformers Movie The Best Leader Optimus Prime, Dinoriders Grimlock and Strafe (1870021)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on March 28th, 2017 @ 12:28pm CDT
Re: In Hand Images - Transformers Movie The Best Leader Optimus Prime, Dinoriders Grimlock and Strafe (1870023)
Posted by william-james88 on March 28th, 2017 @ 12:58pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Love the figure but just sounds too weird for me hearing some japanese voice coming out of Optimus Prime. Would love for a western version to include the same amount of phrases but with Cullen.

That would have been heavenly!
Re: In Hand Images - Transformers Movie The Best Leader Optimus Prime, Dinoriders Grimlock and Strafe (1870059)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 28th, 2017 @ 4:03pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Man, that is a LOT of phrases! :APPLAUSE:

Still an awesome career, regardless, which was more my point. ;)^
Re: In Hand Images - Transformers Movie The Best Leader Optimus Prime, Dinoriders Grimlock and Strafe (1870061)
Posted by william-james88 on March 28th, 2017 @ 4:05pm CDT
Hell yeah!
Re: In Hand Images - Transformers Movie The Best Leader Optimus Prime, Dinoriders Grimlock and Strafe (1870086)
Posted by Quantum Surge on March 28th, 2017 @ 6:47pm CDT
Re: In Hand Images - Transformers Movie The Best Leader Optimus Prime, Dinoriders Grimlock and Strafe (1870089)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 28th, 2017 @ 7:09pm CDT
Quantum Surge wrote:I might look into modifying the soundbox and use Cullen's voice clips from the Voice Changer helmets or the Power Bot figures Hasbro used to make.

Woah. If you can really do that, please make a tutorial video on how to do it and show us the results! :shock:
Re: In Hand Images - Transformers Movie The Best Leader Optimus Prime, Dinoriders Grimlock and Strafe (1870100)
Posted by Rellko on March 28th, 2017 @ 7:58pm CDT
He just keeps going... and going... his voicebox must really hurt...

Oh, look, he stopped- wait, false alarm, he's still going...
Re: In Hand Images - Transformers Movie The Best Leader Optimus Prime, Dinoriders Grimlock and Strafe (1870127)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 28th, 2017 @ 10:21pm CDT
Re: In Hand Images - Transformers Movie The Best Leader Optimus Prime, Dinoriders Grimlock and Strafe (1870129)
Posted by Drift082111 on March 28th, 2017 @ 10:41pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Not to rain down on the whole MB-11 10th Anniversary Optimus Prime parade, but here's a word of warning. Alfes2010 has reviewed the figure and warns that the mold deterioration first seen with the Hasbro Asia Ultimate Edition has worsened. Several parts have become unnecessarily tight, with the Buster gas tanks as the prime example.

I like that you said "prime" example. :-D

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #256 - Netflix and Siege
"Netflix and Siege"
Posted: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Decepticon SHOCKWAVE  Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Action Attackers: Ultra Class Slipstream Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime & Generations Selects Hot Shot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botbots Series 1 - Burgertron, Poo Sham & Sticky McGee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Pime Talking BUMBLEBEE Beast Hunters LOOSE Action Figure HTF 2013" on EBAY
Buy "WB Hasbro Collectibles - Transformers Generations Selects Hot Shot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe Lot of 7 DINOBOT HOT SHOT CHEETOR RATCHET Complete! + MORE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Mega Mighties "Hot Shot"  Action Figure" on EBAY