In Hand Photos of Transformers Studio Series 72 Cybertronian Starscream

In Hand Photos of Transformers Studio Series 72 Cybertronian Starscream

Thursday, November 5th, 2020 7:20pm CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 34,218

Ozformers was given the new Studio Series Starscream so they could share their thoughts and images on the figure. They also included an image of the alt mode in the film so we can see what Hasbro is trying to do with the undercarriage.

Let us know what you think!

I have included ILM images of the Seeker jets, to show what Hasbro were trying to replicate with this mold, which I expect will be redecoed a few times. These images show that the big chunky robot turns into a very sleek jet with almost no bulk in it, so the actual toy had to put the kibble somewhere... and in all fairness, I think they did the best they could do, with what they had to work with, because you still have the same gun-pod of the ILM image at the front of the toy, in front of the kibble.
If you look at the character models of the bots that had Cybertronian modes, I think they were thrown together in a hurry without any intention of allowing for toys, so I would be surprised if we see too many more of them, and if we do, they will probably be like Starscream, with lots of kibble spoiling one of the modes.

Transformers News: In Hand Photos of Transformers Studio Series 72 Cybertronian Stasrcream

Re: In Hand Photos of Transformers Studio Series 72 Cybertronian Starscream (2086243)
Posted by Overcracker on November 5th, 2020 @ 7:23pm CST
Gauntlet101010 wrote:
Overcracker wrote:As for HotRod. So much drama with the faux hood/chest. He looks pretty good though. Its making the $29.99 price tag much more palatable.

Anyway, that makes me wonder, in the past 15 years, who’s done it better? I think outside of masterpiece 2.0 this is pretty much what Hot Rod should look like.

Classics I think is still an excellent Hot Rod representation with some interesting features.

I'm one of the few who also likes the Classics toy a whole lot. Although I think Studio will finally unseat it. The actual car hood is hidden really well and the end result is fantastic. So I'll be happy to add it to my collection.

The yellow part in vehicle mode bugs me, but it's something that can be fixed with a sticker.

PotP has some weird proportions that keep me from liking it.

PotP has definite proportion awkwardness to accommodate the evolution gimmick.

I agree SS 86, may dethrone Classics as my Favorite. Not to say I don’t like TR, I do, but there’s just something about classics. Still SS 86 looks to be better overall and does some things similar to the MP 2.0.
Re: In Hand Photos of Transformers Studio Series 72 Cybertronian Starscream (2086251)
Posted by King Kuuga on November 5th, 2020 @ 8:43pm CST
Devastator shipping.png

So this was unexpected. Devastator, who was projected to arrive in APRIL, is available now. I'm fortunate I had enough in the bank to take the hit. I was planning to overhaul my display area, I guess I need to accelerate my plans a bit.

https://hasbropulse.com/products/transf ... -copy-copy

Just noticed my name is visible there but like, whatever.
Re: In Hand Photos of Transformers Studio Series 72 Cybertronian Starscream (2086252)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on November 5th, 2020 @ 9:05pm CST
Holy Crap!

Hopefully that means other things might also move up.
Re: In Hand Photos of Transformers Studio Series 72 Cybertronian Starscream (2086256)
Posted by LinaNui on November 5th, 2020 @ 10:35pm CST
King Kuuga wrote:

https://hasbropulse.com/products/transf ... -copy-copy

Just noticed my name is visible there but like, whatever.

He has been available for purchase with fast-ish delivery (I could have it to me by the 10th) on amazon for over 2 weeks now I think. I originally had it pre-ordered but cancelled due to me ordering the DNA kit for it and that would cover most of the face paint up. I will be getting it though if it drops closer to $200. Then I will have 3 complete sets lol...
Re: In Hand Photos of Transformers Studio Series 72 Cybertronian Starscream (2086257)
Posted by King Kuuga on November 5th, 2020 @ 11:02pm CST
LinaNui wrote:
King Kuuga wrote:

https://hasbropulse.com/products/transf ... -copy-copy

Just noticed my name is visible there but like, whatever.

For some reason I had it in my head he was a Pulse exclusive, but here he is, you're right. Was this ever newsed? I swear when he went up on Pulse he had a release date of April 1, and even if that was a placeholder, it seems weird they never mentioned in the reveal that he would be out soon.
https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Rev ... 08BTWR57V/
Re: In Hand Photos of Transformers Studio Series 72 Cybertronian Starscream (2086266)
Posted by 84everfan on November 6th, 2020 @ 1:14am CST
Does anyone actually realize that this is the movie design and not just a redesign of blitzwing? "Seige is better" "think I'll pass" Yeah fine you're entitled to you opinion, but "seige is better" isn't a fair criticism because they're two completely different canons. My problem isn't with you not liking it, my problem is that you imply that this is trying to usurp it.
Re: In Hand Photos of Transformers Studio Series 72 Cybertronian Starscream (2086267)
Posted by Emerje on November 6th, 2020 @ 1:23am CST
King Kuuga wrote:
LinaNui wrote:
King Kuuga wrote:

https://hasbropulse.com/products/transf ... -copy-copy

Just noticed my name is visible there but like, whatever.

https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Rev ... 08BTWR57V/

They were a little misleading in the announcement stating "Available for pre-order starting now at most major retailers or in stores starting February 2021" in their Facebook post, but they were referring to SS86 and these were released on Amazon back on October 21, days after the Facebook post.

Emerje
Re: In Hand Photos of Transformers Studio Series 72 Cybertronian Starscream (2086268)
Posted by noctorro on November 6th, 2020 @ 1:28am CST
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
I'm going to be salty about that derailing GEEWUN-where-it-doesn't-belong hijack of a movie until the day we get a continuation of the actual Bayverse storyline.

You will never get a continuation of the actual Bayverse storyline, because the Bayverse cannot do it itself. Have you seen those movies? You can be a fan of the designs but you cannot be a fan of good storytelling and like the story in the movies.
Re: In Hand Photos of Transformers Studio Series 72 Cybertronian Starscream (2086269)
Posted by noctorro on November 6th, 2020 @ 1:36am CST
I love it, at first, seeing them in the film, I was a bit put of by the weird mechanical design. The proportions were also a bit of with a bloated torso. But I came to like it very quick. Don't have Blitzwing yet but will get.

When I saw the photos I also thought reshell! (which isn't a bad thing imho). But now that I look at it further, it has a lot of different parts and a very different altmode.

#sold #willgetalltherepaintsprobably

I like it! In my opinion (and I love G1) it's miles better than the gorilla brute we got in the Bayverse movies. It had the personality resembling Starscream but looked like a brute. Transformers Prime did the design perfectly of the backstabbing coward, not my personal taste but the design is on point for the character.

What I really dislike about the Studio Series is the frailty of some (red car lady) and the rediculous complexity of the transformation. I'm 35 and like my bots in action (yes that collector)not to be transforming 15 minutes or longer -_-. But then I can't complain for Generations is total win and Cyberverse is a lot of fun as well. Too bad they botched the Villain Seeker set with 2 clear plastic figures and no square cartoon head remolds :( I want a square headed Skywarp, Thundercracker and Slipstream in deluxe size (First World Problems)
Re: In Hand Photos of Transformers Studio Series 72 Cybertronian Starscream (2086270)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on November 6th, 2020 @ 2:10am CST
noctorro wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:

That's a matter of opinion, and not everyone's is the same. I also think the Bee movie is worse than the other live action films, except maybe TLK. But it's clear that TLK was an unfinished story. That's why there needs to be 1 more movie to conclude the 2nd trilogy. But I do agree, unfortunately it will not happen, not anytime soon and not with Michael Bay.

I wonder if Hasbro has already started producing the seeker repaints or if they're waiting to see how Starscream performs. They did include a digital shot of Skywarp with all those Starscream pics.
Re: In Hand Photos of Transformers Studio Series 72 Cybertronian Starscream (2086273)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on November 6th, 2020 @ 2:36am CST
I feel like the color scheme and the design of the alt mode on Starscream here looks way to busy. I think if they'd been able to do more solid patches of color it might have been a little better.
Re: In Hand Photos of Transformers Studio Series 72 Cybertronian Starscream (2086279)
Posted by LinaNui on November 6th, 2020 @ 8:55am CST
noctorro wrote:

You could not be more wrong there with that statement. The movies are the only reason that I am still into transformers today. They are what I grew up with, most likely how you grew up with the G1 cartoon. DotM is my all-time favorite movie followed closely by RotF and the others. I am not a fan of the G1 cartoon/toys at all, but I do respect that they started the whole TF thing which allowed the movies to happen. SS was my one ray of hope and now G1 stuck its nose into that to.

Hopefully Dino can redeem SS for 2021, because it is looking pretty bad. Fingers crossed that we get a leader class The Fallen also.
Re: In Hand Photos of Transformers Studio Series 72 Cybertronian Starscream (2086284)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on November 6th, 2020 @ 9:37am CST
Just putting it out there, I technically grew up on the bayverse movies, since the first one came out when I was around 9. And I liked them at first, and ill still watch them if I have to. But I also saw the beast wars cartoon before those movies came out, and my dad showed me the 80s movie and later the cartoon. So even growing up with bayverse, I still most definitely prefer G1 by a landslide. Michael bays disrespect towards the dinobots and the abominations that were his live action TMNT movies were enough for me to hold a grudge, and even without it the bayverse movies are just terribly written. There are some good fight scenes, some cool things here and there but other than that I just can't imagine why that would be the favorite version of transformers
Re: In Hand Photos of Transformers Studio Series 72 Cybertronian Starscream (2086285)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on November 6th, 2020 @ 9:40am CST
LinaNui wrote:
noctorro wrote:

I grew up on G1 that was aired on TV. I was a poor child so I only had 3 in my whole childhood. As I grew into screen, it was video games and nothing else.

But why I'm such a hardcore TF collector today?
You know it.
The 2007 Bay Movie.

Are these movies bad? Yes. As bad as the 1986 one to be honest. Still, as horrible as was the TLK movie, I too, want a satisfying conclusion to the Knights saga.
Re: In Hand Photos of Transformers Studio Series 72 Cybertronian Starscream (2086287)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 6th, 2020 @ 9:44am CST
Re: In Hand Photos of Transformers Studio Series 72 Cybertronian Starscream (2086290)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on November 6th, 2020 @ 9:58am CST
Sabrblade wrote:TLK wouldn't have been as bad if it hadn't pretended like almost all of the setup at the end of AOE never happened.

AoE was also just China pandering and the overhyped Dinobots did nothing.

It would take a small miracle for the final chapter in the Knights Trilogy to "fix" AoE and TlK.
Re: In Hand Photos of Transformers Studio Series 72 Cybertronian Starscream (2086291)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 6th, 2020 @ 10:03am CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:

AoE was also just China pandering and the overhyped Dinobots did nothing.

I'll say. As bad as both films were, AOE was the only one of the original five to actually attempt to set up future storytelling for the next movie, but TLK decided to ignore almost all of that and pretend like it didn't happen. I remember back before TLK came out and the films' staunchest supporters were so insistent that we would get some actual resolution to the knights/creators story in the next movie. But then TLK was like "NOPE!" and instead gave us a completely different set of knights unrelated to the first, and gave us Quintessa "the Great Deceiver" instead of any of the Creators we saw glimpses of in AOE.
Re: In Hand Photos of Transformers Studio Series 72 Cybertronian Starscream (2086294)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on November 6th, 2020 @ 10:37am CST

Speaking of DOTM, I finished paint work on Leadfoot! I'm really enjoying the SS Wreckers so far, and I'm very excited to get Topspin. I know it has its issues, but still excited to have the team together!

Wreckers robot mode.jpg

Wreckers Alt.jpg
Re: In Hand Photos of Transformers Studio Series 72 Cybertronian Starscream (2086296)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 6th, 2020 @ 10:56am CST
jtanimator wrote:
Rtron wrote:
TulioDude wrote:He looks nice,it's one of better takes of Tetrajet concept.
Seibertron wrote:This Voyager Class version of Starscream, from the live-action Bumblebee Movie, features this backstabbing villain in his Cybertronian mode from the Movie Universe, which retains his familiar G1 color scheme and a normal (coherent?) looking robot mode than the fictionally-later Bayverse Starscream which had a tan color scheme and a more "gorilla-with-chicken-legs" robot mode.
Seeker fans may be left wondering how long until the inevitable recolors are revealed for the other Seekers like Skywarp, Thundercracker and possibly others, though it's possible that those never see the light of day as well such as Action Master Starscream and the Energon and Cybertron toy lines which never saw proper recolors of Starscream into his Seeker brothers (Action Master Thundercracker excluded for obvious reasons due to his obnoxious unfamiliar colors).
Passive aggressive editorializing.

Day 310 of waiting for Transformers Armada Masterpiece news.

Seriously. Normal? Coherent? The word is humanoid. Or G1 inspired.

Yeah, I normally don't pay attention to people dropping in their bayverse hate comments (its usually just trolling or whining), but I certainly don't appreciate seeing this obvious passive aggressive hate from the editor.

I've gotten to the point where I just ignore it, I'm so tired of trying to justify my love of the live action movies, designs, etc. A lot of people, article author included, just feel the unnecessary need to keep going with it, even when SS86 is taking over for the most part next year.

I love my SS figures, I love all my movie figures, and they will forever be my favorites of the bunch. I like others, but these are my favorite.
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:I've talked about the movies before, and I'll agree that AOE and TLK kinda threw things off the rails. I still enjoy watching them, but my headcanon is just the first three movies, which I love (particularly DOTM).

Wreckers robot mode.jpg

Wreckers Alt.jpg

Your repaints are always so awesome to see, you do an extremely great job with them!
Re: In Hand Photos of Transformers Studio Series 72 Cybertronian Starscream (2086298)
Posted by sol magnus on November 6th, 2020 @ 11:14am CST
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
LinaNui wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:With any luck Hot Rod's date will be pushed back, as a sign of them fixing him.

What needs to be fixed on him? From the reviews he seems to be pretty perfect.
Then those reviewers are either blinded or have a laughably low bar.

What needs to be fixed on him? The faux-parts chest. It's disgusting and there's absolutely no good reason for resorting to that. We know HasTak can do better than that - they have. They did it with Animated, they did it with TR/Legends... There's no excuse. If they were going to halfass it that much, they should have just slapped a Hot Rod head and deco on the Cybertron Hot Shot mold and saved themselves some money.

You're on your own with this one.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #264 - Kingdom Come
"Kingdom Come"
Posted: Sunday, November 22nd, 2020

Buy "Transformers Earthrise Figure Deluxe Quintesson Allicon - In Hand" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Star Convoy Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC Earthrise Scorponok - WFC-E25 Titan Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro War for Cybertron Siege Lot Soundwave Barricade Chromia" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Netflix Chromia Complete WFC Deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise, Decepticon Doublecrosser Battle Masters WFC-E39 Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS WFC-E30 LEGENDS FASTLANE & CLOUDRAKER 2 PACK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Accessory Runabout G1 High-energy Particle Beam Rifle Vintage 1986" on EBAY