Transformers News: In Package Image of Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy SIEGE Micromasters Powertrain & Highjump

Friday, May 10th, 2019 12:05AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Wolfman Jake   Views: 22,139

Fellow Seibertronians, I have a fun bit of news to pass along! Forum member 00stargrave00 alerted us to an in-package image from the "In Demand Toys" Facebook page of the Wave 4 Transformers: War for Cybertron - SIEGE Micromasters Off Road Patrol, featuring modern versions of Autobots Powertrain and Highjump! Powertrain is an orange and blue truck cab while Highjump is a gunmetal gray and red armored car. Presumably, like most other Micromaster parings in the SIEGE line, these two will be able to combine into a makeshift weapon of some sort for other figures in the line to wield in battle and are also likely compatible with the special effects weapons parts from some of the Battle Master figures in the line as well. Take a look at what might be the capstone regular retail Micromaster patrol for the Transformers: SIEGE line of 2019 below!

How have you been enjoying the modern Micromasters in the SIEGE line so far? Will you be adding Powertrain and Highjump to your collections? Let us know in the comments that follow, and stay tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest news on all things Transformers!
Credit(s): In Demand Toys (Facebook), 00stargrave00

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: In Package Image of Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy SIEGE Micromasters Powertrain & Highjump (2021066)
Posted by Agraell on May 10th, 2019 @ 12:53am CDT
Re: In Package Image of Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy SIEGE Micromasters Powertrain & Highjump (2021067)
Posted by 00Stargrave00 on May 10th, 2019 @ 1:15am CDT
That looks awesoooome!
Re: In Package Image of Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy SIEGE Micromasters Powertrain & Highjump (2021072)
Posted by Ironhidensh on May 10th, 2019 @ 4:46am CDT
o.supreme wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
o.supreme wrote:My closest Walmart has not carried any leader class for any line in well over a year. But for some odd reason/good timing, they got Two cases of wave 1 Siege, and one case of wave 2 which resulted in Three Shockwaves, Two UM, and One Galaxy Prime, all on the shelf at the same time. I moved the Prime into 3rd position on the shelf, so anybody who wanted him would have to do a bit of digging, but not too hard. ;) I'm sure next time I go there, at least half of those leaders will be gone.
Some may consider this a dick move, but if I ever come across a figure I want really bad, but for some reason can't get it right then, I take it to another aisle and hide it behind some bigger stuff, usually on the bottom shelf. Hasn't failed me yet.

I dont harbor any negativity towards things like that, I don't do it myself, because usually there hasn't been anything at retail significant enough, or pricey enough I usually cant buy on site, especially since I only collect select items from each line, and haven't got the leaders for the last 2 lines, though I do like looking at them. I wont be seeing Jetfire or Omega Supreme at retail, so saving up for them to purchase online is pretty much at my discretion.

I will say though, since I do notoriously clean up each stores TF section, I'm sure I've probably uncovered a few hidden items by other collectors. I mean I dont go down other aisles looking for them, but if I see a hot or rare item obviously stashed just a few feet away, I'm probably going to put it where it belongs. ;)

I do the same thing, except I actively look for stashed/hidden items. I dont see hiding things as fair play. I'm a capitalist. If you can't buy it at least put on layaway, when you find it, you are just shut out if luck.
Re: In Package Image of Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy SIEGE Micromasters Powertrain & Highjump (2021073)
Posted by Randomhero on May 10th, 2019 @ 5:43am CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:
o.supreme wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:

Or use an online retailer.

Hiding toys is low. They’re toys. If you can’t afford it then than it’s not meant to be. hiding toys just kinda puts a bad taste in my mouth especially if it’s adults doing it.

When I was a kid I wanted those Gundam Wing model kits that were popular in the late 90s toysrus sold. I asked a dude working at toysrus if they had them and he said “those things are so cool and we just got a case in the back!” I asked if he can go get them. He said they’re in the back because he’s going to buy them when he gets off” that dude was in his 30s. I was 13.
Re: In Package Image of Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy SIEGE Micromasters Powertrain & Highjump (2021075)
Posted by Latebrus-K on May 10th, 2019 @ 6:32am CDT
Been hesitant about the SIEGE micromasters, mostly waiting for discounts and the like, but the more they make, the more tempting the ones out now somehow become...
Re: In Package Image of Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy SIEGE Micromasters Powertrain & Highjump (2021085)
Posted by sol magnus on May 10th, 2019 @ 8:05am CDT
Re: In Package Image of Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy SIEGE Micromasters Powertrain & Highjump (2021092)
Posted by Randomhero on May 10th, 2019 @ 8:46am CDT
sol magnus wrote:i'm still trying to decide where I come down on the Siege Micromasters. I had them as a kid, sure. But...I don't know. So far, I've skipped them. Thoughts?

They’re fine. That’s all I got. I have them all and they’re certainly micromasters. I too had so many as a kid and I will be honest and say I don’t know any of their names except Stakeout because Wreckers and now laserbeak and ravage since they’re in that sub group now
Re: In Package Image of Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy SIEGE Micromasters Powertrain & Highjump (2021104)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on May 10th, 2019 @ 10:01am CDT
Randomhero wrote:

I'll second this, they are okay. They aren't going to blow your mind, but will be nice for Omega Supreme's rocket base mode, as well as the previous Titans Return bases. That is the main reason I'm picking them all up.
Re: In Package Image of Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy SIEGE Micromasters Powertrain & Highjump (2021107)
Posted by sol magnus on May 10th, 2019 @ 10:28am CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

I didn't get any of the Titans Return bases, and not sure if i can justify Omega Supreme. I know Cybertronians come in all shapes and sizes, but it always just seems weird to me displaying Micromasters with regular sized guys.

I don't have a problem with the figures themselves, just a question of "do I want them in my personal storyline." :-D
Re: In Package Image of Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy SIEGE Micromasters Powertrain & Highjump (2021108)
Posted by o.supreme on May 10th, 2019 @ 10:35am CDT

It's pretty much the same for all of Siege. The only ones from the mainline I want, that aren't out yet are - The Remaining Battlemasters (Caliburst & Smashdown) Brunt, Jetfire, and Omega Supreme.
Re: In Package Image of Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy SIEGE Micromasters Powertrain & Highjump (2021109)
Posted by sol magnus on May 10th, 2019 @ 11:16am CDT
o.supreme wrote:I get that. I have no attachment to them because the 1987 toyline was the last one I was into (with few later exceptions form Japan...) . But it is nice because my son has shown some interest in Micromasters. So far he only has the Air Strike Patrol. Its nice, especially with my often definitive *all or nothing* personality to finally have my son just enjoy the ones he actually wants, without feeling compelled to purchase them all.

I'm definitely getting Jetfire. That's getting got.
Re: In Package Image of Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy SIEGE Micromasters Powertrain & Highjump (2021123)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on May 10th, 2019 @ 1:04pm CDT
I have only picked up the Micromasters that I actually had as a kid. That's made them more fun and special. I may put together a display shelf of favorite vintage toys and their updates, with an emphasis on those guys and the handful of Powermasters from TR and PotP.

None of the weapon modes are convincing, but the Air Strike Patrol are the best of the bunch, and they make good use of Fire Blast parts. If you have any of those, I recommend picking them up as a test. At $10, it's a relatively low risk way to see if they work.
Re: In Package Image of Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy SIEGE Micromasters Powertrain & Highjump (2021128)
Posted by Stormtalon on May 10th, 2019 @ 1:54pm CDT

I'm still a novice when it comes to posting things so I hope this is the right place. This is about the Weaponizers.

I enjoy the concept of the weaponizers more than the toys themselves. If I had either a Fort Max, a Metroplex or a Trypticon, the idea of completing them with a Cog, Sixguns, or a Brunt would be cool. But I have an idea for the next batch of weponizers: Anything but guns.

This line is drowning in guns. Each Deluxe has at least 1 or often more guns, rifles or RPGs. The Battlemasters all transform into weapons (90% into guns). The Micromaster teams combine into weapons (95% into guns). A parts former to add more guns? That redundancy cuts into their cool.

Instead, I'd like a weaponizer that features swords. Maybe a character with swords for wings. Or maybe some shield features. Just a thought I had about an enjoyable line. I think the weaponizers can be great if they move away from so many guns.

Re: In Package Image of Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy SIEGE Micromasters Powertrain & Highjump (2021130)
Posted by PushYouDown on May 10th, 2019 @ 2:13pm CDT

...I just don't get them at all.. like as a concept. Scaling is just my thing with tranformers in general.

If their alt-modes weren't so literal, I could accept them more. Make it a tiny space truck.. but when it's just an earth dump truck....that's smaller than a...jeep? I am just not there for it.
Re: In Package Image of Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy SIEGE Micromasters Powertrain & Highjump (2021146)
Posted by Skritz on May 10th, 2019 @ 6:33pm CDT
Yeah I do think some future Weaponizers (if there is to be such a thing) could do with more parts that aren't just guns, like big armor plates, shields, swords and maybe booster rockets. However it is worth noting that Weaponizers already are a bit abstract and one setup can imagine a part as a gun and another as an exhaust already.

Plus, in general Cybertronian warfare prioritize range over melee as does all modern and futuristic warfare. That said more unusual gun designs, like heavy weapon such as minigun, flamethrowers and grenade launchers or even a full blown sniper would be nice.
Re: In Package Image of Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy SIEGE Micromasters Powertrain & Highjump (2021162)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on May 10th, 2019 @ 9:09pm CDT

You are not alone on this dude. Yeah I too had them when they were sold in those sets and seeing them in the Siege line I just feel ZERO desire to pick them up. If I saw them at TJ Maxx or Marshall's for cheap then mmmmmm...may be. :-P :VEHI:
Re: In Package Image of Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy SIEGE Micromasters Powertrain & Highjump (2021178)
Posted by 00Stargrave00 on May 10th, 2019 @ 10:15pm CDT
At the rate they're warming shelves at my local Target I'd wager they'll be on clearance for a few bucks eventually. Some of the leftover Prime Masters were on clearance for like $2.00 back during the holidays.

Hey isn't there a larger set coming out at some point with a bunch of them?

Also, random: Just realized Cybertron Prime's rifle can plug into the 5mm port on Galaxy Upgrade Siege Prime's cannons. It looks...rediculous, but, it can be done...
Re: In Package Image of Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy SIEGE Micromasters Powertrain & Highjump (2021179)
Posted by 00Stargrave00 on May 10th, 2019 @ 10:16pm CDT
Re: In Package Image of Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy SIEGE Micromasters Powertrain & Highjump (2021194)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 10th, 2019 @ 11:44pm CDT
00Stargrave00 wrote:I want to want the Micromasters like my wife wants me to want to do the dishes...

Doing dishes is fun! A productive way to unwind :)

The Offroad Patrol was my very first TF set, the Siege set is a given.
Re: In Package Image of Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy SIEGE Micromasters Powertrain & Highjump (2021201)
Posted by 00Stargrave00 on May 11th, 2019 @ 12:29am CDT
Is anyone familiar with the King of Braves series?

If not, way interesting stuff if you're into Transformers you might find a series in there you really like. I believe it was what Takara started putting out post Transformers to stay in the toy robot game.

Anyways the last season that they did of that was called GaoGaiGar. Now, if you don't know the King of Braves series and you like Transformers? Oh, you'll love this guy. Super combining robot with a train a drill tank a robo lion and a bomber jet....and it all works somehow? Like, awesomely?

All this to make one small observation - I really think Cybertron Prime/Galaxy Upgrade Prime is an homage to GaoGaiGar. He's got the cannon on the right arm, the almost sheild generator-ish looking cannon on the left, the giant winged back pack, the shoulders that almost give you that feel of when the train slides through the torso....ok, again if you haven't seen any of this or know what I'm talking about this probably doesn't make too much sense. But if you look up on Youtube like GaoGaiGar final fusion (his combination sequence) you'll get a good image of him. Now, of course he looks nothing like Prime, but the asthetics are all there the shoulders the winged helmet crests especially. It's like GaoPrimeGar.

Let me know what y'all think. And if you dig that combination sequence the whole series is on Youtube it's actually a really fun old fashioned super well animated show. Totally worth checking out.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #222 - The Real Ghostbusters
"The Real Ghostbusters"
Posted: Sunday, May 12th, 2019

Buy "JADA 1:43 HOLLYWOOD RIDES TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME DIE-CAST-NEW-*HTF*" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Roar and Rescue Bumblebee Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Crash Combiner Skyhammer" on EBAY
Buy "2016 Hallmark Ornament Transformers Grimlock NIB" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS IDW THRILLING 30TH DELUXE ARMADA STARSCREAM New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Wheeljack RID Deluxe Class Series 1 #003 + DVD 2012 Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction SLASH LOOSE COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS: ROBOTS IN DISGUISE WARRIORS CLASS STORMSHOT ACTION FIGURE - NEW" on EBAY