Friday, November 10th, 2017 11:25pm CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 17,574

With all the stock images for wave one of Power of the Primes accounted for, it's now time to move on to wave two. The two images below come from our regular weibo source and show Prime Masters Alchemist Prime and Alpha Trion in their packaging.
Each of these small robots have the same size and playability as Titan Masters. They each come in a with a small suit that homages a G1 pretender and which can turn into a weapon. In this case, Alchemist Prime has a Submarauder Decoy Armor and Alpha Trion has a Landmine Decoy Armor. The Prime Masters can also plug into the combiner hands and feet when they are used as armour. Their suggested retail price is $5.99, so a one dollar increase from the Titan Masters and they will be found on shelves sometime between the end of March 2018 and the end of June 2018.

Anyone else looking forward to having Alpha Trion ride his larger Titans Return self in ship mode?

Transformers News: In Package Images of  Alchemist Prime and Alpha Trion from Transformers Power of the Primes

Credit(s): weibo

Re: In Package Images of Alchemist Prime and Alpha Trion from Transformers Power of the Primes (1920927)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on November 11th, 2017 @ 12:32am CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I might have missed it but the shells the Primes come with are named somewhere on the packaging? That would be a pain to look up every Pretender.

The Decoy Suits do have official names, as part of the bios written for their listings. So there's that. No need to look them up, let us do the work for you. All you need to know is that the designs are taken for the first series of Pretenders, or more accurately, those released in Japan for Masterforce. For reference:

Micronus: Cloudburst
Liege Maximo: Skullgrin
Vector Prime: Metalhawk

Alchemist Prime: Submarauder
Alpha Trion: Landmine
Re: In Package Images of Alchemist Prime and Alpha Trion from Transformers Power of the Primes (1920929)
Posted by Va'al on November 11th, 2017 @ 12:38am CST
Along with the recent Transformers Power of the Primes package shots of Prime Masters Alchemist Prime and Alpha Trion - seen here - we also have some surprisingly official and legitimately sourced stock images (as opposed to previous reports) from Forbidden Planet for more figures from the line's first wave including all the Legend, Deluxe, Voyager and Leader class characters. What is currently still missing is official images of the Prime Masters in this wave - Liege Maximo and Skullgrin Decoy Armor, Micronus and Cloudburst Decoy Armor, Vector Prime and Metalhawk Decoy Armor - and more images of the Orion Pax pre-evolution figure part of the Leader Optimus Prime set. In the meantime, as we wait for their release some time next month, check what we do have out below!

Legends: Beachcomber, Windcharger, Dinobot Slash, Skrapnel

Deluxes: Autobot Jazz, Dinobot Swoop, Slug, Dreadwind

Voyager: Grimlock, Starscream

Leaders: Rodimus Prime (Hot Rod), Optimus Prime (Orion Pax)

Re: In Package Images of Alchemist Prime and Alpha Trion from Transformers Power of the Primes (1920935)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on November 11th, 2017 @ 2:03am CST
Ok, call me genuinely confused about the whole associated Prime Master thing:

Slash has two: Liege Maximo and Alchemist Prime. And several others don't match up with what we've previously seen. I did see that Leader Class boxes have three Primes as co-sells, maybe every figure has three?

Or maybe I'm just looking too much into things as per usual. :oops:
Re: In Package Images of Alchemist Prime and Alpha Trion from Transformers Power of the Primes (1920937)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 11th, 2017 @ 2:13am CST
Jazz just looks worse everytime I see him. Blocky crud vastly inferior to the RTS figure.

Optimus sure has a lot of mess between his cab and trailer.

Rodimus still looks kinda nice at first glance til you notice all the annoying stuff like the backpack and Hot Rod arms and legs and all that.

Windcharger and Beachcomber look good for fans of those guys but not sure if that much better than some previous figures.

Swoop looks the best out of the Dinobots for me. Or maybe it's just cos his original toy was never released in the UK.
Re: In Package Images of Alchemist Prime and Alpha Trion from Transformers Power of the Primes (1920938)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on November 11th, 2017 @ 2:24am CST
erm...i didn't see Darkwing in that lineup :-?

is it me or does Dreadwind look like he's wearing a superhero mask?
IMG_20171111_081959.jpg

maybe he's the Phantom :lol:
images(2).jpg
Re: In Package Images of Alchemist Prime and Alpha Trion from Transformers Power of the Primes (1920939)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on November 11th, 2017 @ 2:29am CST
Stuartmaximus wrote:erm...i didn't see Darkwing in that lineup :-?

Darkwing, or Blackwing as he's now called, is Wave 2.
Re: In Package Images of Alchemist Prime and Alpha Trion from Transformers Power of the Primes (1920941)
Posted by RodimusRex on November 11th, 2017 @ 2:46am CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

Be thankful. He was all I wanted for Christmas one year. He was hard to find at that point. He was the only Dinobot I REALLY wanted. (I always thought Grimlock looked cool, though.)

I got him... and his neck snapped right out of the package. I was actually very emotional about the decision between exchanging for another that might have had the same defect or getting something else I wasn't as excited about.

I pretty much have to get this one.
Re: In Package Images of Alchemist Prime and Alpha Trion from Transformers Power of the Primes (1920942)
Posted by DMSL on November 11th, 2017 @ 2:59am CST
I hope Titan Masters can sit in Beachcomber and Windcharger.

Sadly these are the only figures that excite me.

I WAS excited about Rodimus, but i wish it was just like the G1 figure or the recently released Ultra Magnus where it just was a Rodimus and not also a Hot Rod. The Dinobots keep looking worse and worse. The combiner bits and the limpy feet on Grimlock's beastmode look horrible and the absence of proper weapons (one gun one sword per) is making these a pass for me. I'll wait to see what Takara does with these.
Re: In Package Images of Alchemist Prime and Alpha Trion from Transformers Power of the Primes (1920948)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 11th, 2017 @ 5:20am CST
RodimusRex wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

I pretty much have to get this one.

Yeah he's even mentioned on TFWiki as being one of the most fragile toys of G1. I wanted it though cos he was probably the 2nd most interesting Dinobot after Grimlock due to some really cool stories in the Marvel UK comics such as the Professor Morris/Centurion stuff and the name thing with Divebomb. :) And yeah the PotP toy is one of the very few from the line I think looks even half good and a much needed update of the old toy despite the commom modern flaws that make the toys feel a lil crappier (like the hollow limbs and such). I may get one and paint his heads blue like the Marvel UK comic stories I liked him so much in.
Re: In Package Images of Alchemist Prime and Alpha Trion from Transformers Power of the Primes (1920955)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on November 11th, 2017 @ 7:27am CST
It will be a bit hard to find all the Prime Master "pretenders" because of the weird name changes.

Also, that Jazz... MAN, that JAZZ! :x
Re: In Package Images of Alchemist Prime and Alpha Trion from Transformers Power of the Primes (1920960)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on November 11th, 2017 @ 8:29am CST
Personally, I like all of these. I've noticed Swoop and Slash seem to be getting the least amount of hate...

Also, remember when people were complaining about Alpha Bravo being a helicopter in a team of jets? Well Swoop is a flying reptile in a team of dinosaurs, so there you go.
Re: In Package Images of Alchemist Prime and Alpha Trion from Transformers Power of the Primes (1920962)
Posted by Omegatron. on November 11th, 2017 @ 8:42am CST
Va'al wrote:

Looks like Windcharger's forehead is being painted after all, that looks much better.

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Ok, call me genuinely confused about the whole associated Prime Master thing:

Or maybe I'm just looking too much into things as per usual. :oops:

I thought every toy could come with a card for any primemaster?

Carnivius_Prime wrote:Still hate that the Pretender characters are just pushed aside and their shells being used with their names but for other characters.

Surely it's the other way round? The inner robots of the primemasters are based on the inner robots of the pretenders rather than the member of the Thirteen they are linked with.
Re: In Package Images of Alchemist Prime and Alpha Trion from Transformers Power of the Primes (1920979)
Posted by KVO Prime on November 11th, 2017 @ 11:17am CST
Rodimus Prime - ...nope. Not excited. I mean, I AM, but I can't bring myself to buy it. Unless Hasbro makes a Roddy better than dx9 Carry, I'll just wait and save up for that. Plus I'm just enjoying my Takara Legends Targetmaster Hot Rod right now.

Optimus Prime - will wait and see what Takara does deco-wise. I do want that Orion Pax but the cab on Prime in vehicle mode is awful.

Windcharger - Will wait for Takara deco with darker grey.

Beachcomber - instabuy

Dreadwind - instabuy as well as Darkwing

Pretenders & Primes - instabuy. Great price point and I love this idea.

Starscream - Wow.. I need to wait to see Takara's deco. His head looks TINY and so white.. like he's very small and wearing a Starscream "armor" lol...
Re: In Package Images of Alchemist Prime and Alpha Trion from Transformers Power of the Primes (1920980)
Posted by KVO Prime on November 11th, 2017 @ 11:19am CST
Also.. I'm glad that they're continuing along making the 1984 bots into combiner limbs with Jazz. Cool scramble city idea, but I'm happy with my RTS Jazz for my chug collection. I don't need EVERYONE to combine. Although I am veeeeeeeeeery happy with the titan master line making so many headmasters. It always annoyed me having so many empty cockpits.
Re: In Package Images of Alchemist Prime and Alpha Trion from Transformers Power of the Primes (1920982)
Posted by Skritz on November 11th, 2017 @ 11:25am CST
So, the extra piece (which is a hand-foot-gun-armor apparently) which come with the deluxe has apparently some extra chunk you can slide in to fill the hole if you lack a Titan Master/Prime Master/Enigma/Matrix. That's neat.

Seriously, it may be somewhat silly but the sheer amount of mix-and-max shenanigans between the three lines in the Prime War trilogy is beyond absurd. In a good way, mind you, which sort of make me sad that kids nowadays are more into being stuck to their smartphone than enjoying a fun toy with a lot of things it can do.
Re: In Package Images of Alchemist Prime and Alpha Trion from Transformers Power of the Primes (1920984)
Posted by ThunderThruster on November 11th, 2017 @ 11:33am CST
KVO Prime wrote:Dinobots - I feel I'm just going to have to go 3rd party here and have the Dinobots be ones I really save up for and have them done accurately because this is the best we'll get from Hasbro here, and it's really quite underwhelming. I don't think they needed to make Grimlock's transformation so G1 accurate... that tail... the holes in his chest... bleh.

It's not that G1 accurate, the dino tail out of his bot legs doesn't even transform the same way. The G1 had them fold over (as did many many other G1 figures), this PotP one just collapses the legs towards the torso. Had they been able to get the G1 transform in this section, the dino mode might have looked so aweful.
Re: In Package Images of Alchemist Prime and Alpha Trion from Transformers Power of the Primes (1920989)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 11th, 2017 @ 11:55am CST
Omegatron. wrote:

Then that should be the only name in big letters on the packaging if it were true. Either way these are pathetic.

Or it's denying fans of particular characters a figure that does them justice because they have been butchered by forcing an unneccessary and mostly unwanted gimmick into it in order to try convince you to buy more of them for the 'playvalue'. It really was too much to ask Hasbro to just do quality well designed/articulated affordable G1 Dinobots without having them combine and mess up the designs of the characters. Grimlock right there is proof of that. Looks like absolute garbage in every pic. And it's not even worth it cos the combined form ain't exactly all that good looking either (it's no Beast for sure but it's still pretty poor and doesn't do the team any favours) Same goes for all the G1 cars whether Jazz here or Sunstreaker, Prowl and co in Combiner Wars.

It's no wonder more third-party companies keep popping up with their own attempts to please the fanbase when Hasbro keep putting money into this crud.
Re: In Package Images of Alchemist Prime and Alpha Trion from Transformers Power of the Primes (1920991)
Posted by Skritz on November 11th, 2017 @ 12:13pm CST
Honeslty? I'm going to be that guy and give my two cent on all the arguments on how and why these 'look like shit':

Yes I am aware of the fact that 'intrusive gimmicks are evil' (to quote a certain internet toy reviewer) and can understand that people are annoyed by the gimmicks. However, knowing how this fanbase is, I'm going to bring up the fact that pretty much nothing short of a masterpiece figure will ever satisfy people who want a modern, udpated and sometimes true-to-cartoon representation of a specific character. You know its true, deep down, you'll never be happy with anything less. This type of market is very markedly different from the 'retail market'.

Now I'm also aware this will easily come off as making me a 'hasbro shill' for daring to defend some shady toy-making company. However (and this is just my theory) I do think quite a bit more goes into deciding if a character gets a new figure. One thing which has emerged quite a bit in recent years is just how far remolding and shared engineering has come and I think getting more than one use of a mold, if possible, has become a large motivator in the design process of who gets a new figure and who doesn't. Now, again, this is just my theory but it goes like this: presumably, when it was decided that PotP would have combiners, it became clear they were aiming on having some of the late-G1 combiners done. And, as it happen, Monstructor/Dinoking could very much share engineering with the Dinobots so it they decided this was a good opportunity to make new dinobots.

Another thing worth noting and this is again purely my theory is that Transformers has begun suffering its 'brand fatigue' after being pushed so much into the spotlight in 2007 by the bay movies. :michaelbay: Now we have 3-4 transformers toylines occupying the same shelf at the same time and, if my observations are correct, seem to be selling less and less. Toys are on the way out and Transformers is less and less making money in north america.

From what I get on posting here, there is a very strong chunk of the older fanbase who simply do not really care for retail releases and prefer more high-end, more costly 'collector' figures which are the Masterpiece and Third Party figures. After all there is hardly a fanbase as whiny and unpleasable as Transformers fans.
Re: In Package Images of Alchemist Prime and Alpha Trion from Transformers Power of the Primes (1920992)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on November 11th, 2017 @ 12:23pm CST
If I had to nitpick I'd say that I'm not keen on the fact that Rodimus suit kibble(trailer turns into big robot body) is just only that! no sign as of yet that the trailer could ALSO do this
Re: In Package Images of Alchemist Prime and Alpha Trion from Transformers Power of the Primes (1920994)
Posted by steals_your_goats on November 11th, 2017 @ 12:32pm CST
All these posts basically say "I don't like it so it's stupid" or "How dare Hasbro make toys that will be fun for kids instead of things that pander directly to their smallest demographic". I swear you guys almost make me ashamed to be a Transformers fan.

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "1980 Transformers Takara Hasbro G1 CLIFFJUMPER Action Figure Minibot complete" on EBAY
Buy "Autotech Combiners Transformers Crusher Stalker Striker Nitro Spike OSF 1999" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Megatronus And Optimus Prime Toys R Us Year?" on EBAY
Buy "4 Transformers Cyberverse Power Of The Spark Hot Rod ~Jazz~Bumblebee~Skybyte~" on EBAY
Buy "Flame Toys Kuro Kara Kuri - TARN - Transformers *** USA SELLER ***" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS UK G1 ADVENTURE GAME BOOK, HIGHWAY CLASH – 1980’S" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Battle for Cybertron 3 Sharkticons Attack Hotrod Figures" on EBAY
Buy "TAKARA HASBRO TRANSFORMERS G1 SCRAPPER SERIES2 NO CANOPY STAMPED 80 84 JAPAN1985" on EBAY