In Package images of CMDW-02 G1 Devastator Hip and Thigh Upgrade Set

In Package images of CMDW-02 G1 Devastator Hip and Thigh Upgrade Set

Friday, January 29th, 2010 1:39am CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 32,252

Previously reported here on Seibertron.com, we informed you that Crazy Devy was producing a second upgrade set for the G1 Devastator Combiner.

The CMDW-02 Upgrade set replaces the original gestalt's hips with a more poseable and cartoon accurate addition. Thanks to HK-TF, we now have images of the set in package:

In Package images of CMDW-02 G1 Devastator Hip and Thigh Upgrade Set

In Package images of CMDW-02 G1 Devastator Hip and Thigh Upgrade Set

In Package images of CMDW-02 G1 Devastator Hip and Thigh Upgrade Set

This upgrade set is a follow up addition to the CMDW-01 Devastator Head that we reported on here.

Keep your optics locked, right here at Seibertron.com your Ultimate Transformers Resource.

Credit(s): HK-TF

Re: In Package images of CMDW-02 G1 Devastator Hip and Thigh Upgrade Set (1041606)
Posted by Blurrz on January 29th, 2010 @ 1:43am CST
Hey girl, I got somethin' real important to give you
So just sit down and listen

Not gonna get you a house in the hills
A fembot like you needs somethin' real
Wanna get you somethin' from the heart
Somethin' special girl
It's my crotch in a box, my crotch in a box girl
It's my crotch in a box, my crotch in a box girl

See I'm wise enough to know when a gift needs givin'
And I got just the one, something to show you that you are second to none

Hanukkah; crotch in a box
Kwanzaa; a crotch in a box
Every single holiday a crotch in a box
Over at your parent's house a crotch in a box
Mid day at the grocery store a crotch in a box
Backstage at the CMA's a crotch in a box
A crotch in a box, a crotch in a box, a crotch in a box...
Re: In Package images of CMDW-02 G1 Devastator Hip and Thigh Upgrade Set (1041607)
Posted by First Gen on January 29th, 2010 @ 1:52am CST
Blurrz wrote:Hey girl, I got somethin' real important to give you
So just sit down and listen

Not gonna get you a house in the hills
A fembot like you needs somethin' real
Wanna get you somethin' from the heart
Somethin' special girl
It's my crotch in a box, my crotch in a box girl
It's my crotch in a box, my crotch in a box girl

See I'm wise enough to know when a gift needs givin'
And I got just the one, something to show you that you are second to none

Hanukkah; crotch in a box
Kwanzaa; a crotch in a box
Every single holiday a crotch in a box
Over at your parent's house a crotch in a box
Mid day at the grocery store a crotch in a box
Backstage at the CMA's a crotch in a box
A crotch in a box, a crotch in a box, a crotch in a box...

You watch too much SNL, lol. Oh wait, I mean, I have no idea where you got that from, uh yeah.
Re: In Package images of CMDW-02 G1 Devastator Hip and Thigh Upgrade Set (1041649)
Posted by Forgotten on January 29th, 2010 @ 7:02am CST
Lonely Island FTW!! ahem* I mean yeah that's neat, that'll really give MISB collectors something to look at. :grin:
Re: In Package images of CMDW-02 G1 Devastator Hip and Thigh Upgrade Set (1041657)
Posted by Counterpunch on January 29th, 2010 @ 7:22am CST
I got mine last week. Didn't realize it was news or I would have shared.
Re: In Package images of CMDW-02 G1 Devastator Hip and Thigh Upgrade Set (1041659)
Posted by Skyfire77 on January 29th, 2010 @ 7:40am CST
Hope to get mine today.
The only thing I hate about ordering from overseas is that I have to sign for the package, and being I'm at work when the mail shows up, I always have to sign the "Sorry we missed you..." slip and wait a couple days or run to the post office on Saturday.
Re: In Package images of CMDW-02 G1 Devastator Hip and Thigh Upgrade Set (1041662)
Posted by Liftgate on January 29th, 2010 @ 7:54am CST
RE: Skyfire77

Yeah, I don't get that. Sometimes I have to sign for things, other times I just find it sitting outside my door. Seems totally random.
Re: In Package images of CMDW-02 G1 Devastator Hip and Thigh Upgrade Set (1041724)
Posted by UltraPrimal on January 29th, 2010 @ 12:39pm CST
Hmmm...it's missing something. 2 things actually. Can you guess what they are? Yep, that's right. It needs BALLS!
Re: In Package images of CMDW-02 G1 Devastator Hip and Thigh Upgrade Set (1041760)
Posted by dragons on January 29th, 2010 @ 2:22pm CST
thanks for sharing i missed my chance on this set maybe bbts will restock on this set so i can get another chance at it
Re: In Package images of CMDW-02 G1 Devastator Hip and Thigh Upgrade Set (1041765)
Posted by Carcass on January 29th, 2010 @ 2:35pm CST
Call me silly, but... while I do agree that these upgrade packages for G1 Devastator are cool, with all the effort and work being put into them, why doesn't Devy just design a new Constructicon set? Oh right, it would cost too much.
Re: In Package images of CMDW-02 G1 Devastator Hip and Thigh Upgrade Set (1041775)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on January 29th, 2010 @ 3:09pm CST
It would be a bit expensive, yes. Besides, seeing the oldschool G1 figures getting some upgrade love is always a good thing.
Re: In Package images of CMDW-02 G1 Devastator Hip and Thigh Upgrade Set (1041921)
Posted by Skyfire77 on January 30th, 2010 @ 12:15am CST
Yes, got it today! I rather like it; feels solid, the colors are dead on, Devy no longer stands like a brick.

One thing though, the way the new waist connects will shift Devy's center of gravity up and back, so an action pose is pretty much a necessity, otherwise he will fall backwards.

Here's a slideshow I put together.
Re: In Package images of CMDW-02 G1 Devastator Hip and Thigh Upgrade Set (1041924)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on January 30th, 2010 @ 12:32am CST
Nice slideshow. I think it's a huge improvement on the figure. Although it's dissappointing that Devy can't stand straight up ... that's something that can be compensated with some strategic placement of bots. G1 Devy has always been my favorite of the combiners and none of the modern interpretations have really done it for me.

As to making a whole new Devestator set ... well, these guys aren't Fansprojects! I'm happy with what we have. Making a hugely expencive set seems rather excessive and it just might tread too close to Hasbro's intellectual property to pass muster. But, who knows? FP just might make a set for Energon Devestator as they have Superion and Bruticus. Maybe that will make the figure actually worth buying for me.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers 2014 Age of Extinction Deluxe Class Drift Flip & Change." on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark of the Moon Cyberverse Battle Steel Optimus Prime!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Age Of Extinction Optimus Prime Voyager Class Evasion Mode " on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures Warrior Stealth Force Hot Rod" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Original G1 1985 Whirl Box Only" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Seeker Set Elite - Asia Exclusive MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition OPTIMUS PRIME Year Of The Rooster Gift Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Kre-O Kreo G1 Slipstrike Slipstream Kreon Micro Changers" on EBAY