In Package Images of Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix

Thursday, November 24th, 2016 4:48am CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 37,028

The official images of the Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix were shown way back here - but it looks like they may have not been entirely correct: according to site sponsor Robot Kingdom's recent images of the figure in its box, the colours are different from the Amazon release of the toy! The box makes the set fit in the same Transformers: The Movie 30th anniversary celebration as the Autobot Heroes set, too, and includes all of the features of previous releases of the devourer of worlds. Check it out below.

Transformers News: In Package Images of Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix

Transformers News: In Package Images of Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix

Transformers News: In Package Images of Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix

Transformers News: In Package Images of Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix

Credit(s): RobotKingdom

Re: In Package Images of Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix (1843034)
Posted by Kurona on November 24th, 2016 @ 5:01am CST
Platinum Unicron looks exactly like the Amazon release though.
Re: In Package Images of Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix (1843041)
Posted by Jedi Kermit on November 24th, 2016 @ 5:53am CST
This is the same as the Amazon exclusive release. New packaging, same product.
Re: In Package Images of Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix (1843047)
Posted by Va'al on November 24th, 2016 @ 6:11am CST
Re: In Package Images of Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix (1843049)
Posted by nycPrime on November 24th, 2016 @ 6:11am CST
Does anyone remember what the price on the amazon exclusive was?
Re: In Package Images of Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix (1843051)
Posted by Kurona on November 24th, 2016 @ 6:16am CST
Dr Va'al wrote:The differences between the box art (on the back, not the fancy one) and the figure are incredible. I have no idea why they would do that.

I honestly can't see a single difference. The shading/lighting and the feet being folded up in front of the legs throw you off a little but once you realise those are what they are, the figure's the exact same.
Re: In Package Images of Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix (1843053)
Posted by RAR on November 24th, 2016 @ 6:17am CST
The powder blue on that product always made me think - is this Playskool Unicron ?
Re: In Package Images of Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix (1843054)
Posted by Va'al on November 24th, 2016 @ 6:32am CST

This shade of blue:

Looks darker than this shade (which seems to have some silvery tint to it):

And neither look as dark as the blue on the box:

What am I missing?
Re: In Package Images of Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix (1843057)
Posted by Kurona on November 24th, 2016 @ 6:42am CST
Dr Va'al wrote:Ok, I'm not seeing the differences that others are, or I'm seeing more than others are.

This shade of blue:

Looks darker than this shade (which seems to have some silvery tint to it):

And neither look as dark as the blue on the box:

What am I missing?

Could be a similar situation to Ultra Magnus where virtually no paint apps are changed, but the shade of paint used is different and/or there's a metallic hint to it.
Otherwise it could simply be a case of lighting tricking the eyes.
Re: In Package Images of Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix (1843058)
Posted by Insurgent on November 24th, 2016 @ 6:45am CST
Solid hand. SOLID HAND!!!!

That makes me way more excited than I should. I may pick this up, having missed on the other reissues.
Re: In Package Images of Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix (1843060)
Posted by WillT1980 on November 24th, 2016 @ 6:47am CST
Glad to see a package again with only English on it. I guess this over-priced, but awesome set is U.S. only. Just thought it was odd not to see tri-lingual packaging. The only problems I have with multi-language packages is the sense of " 2 PC" and how we get bio's that are a blurb. To be clear, not a racist. Maybe because I hate how PC everything is will label me as one. Don't care. Anyone can Bot talk w/me. :???:
Re: In Package Images of Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix (1843066)
Posted by ScottyP on November 24th, 2016 @ 7:58am CST
Re: In Package Images of Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix (1843068)
Posted by DR0hNO on November 24th, 2016 @ 8:10am CST
I never had the amazon version, so if its not to much ill defiantly grab it!
Re: In Package Images of Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix (1843076)
Posted by william-james88 on November 24th, 2016 @ 8:39am CST
DR0hNO wrote:I never had the amazon version, so if its not to much ill defiantly grab it!

The price was confirmed a while ago, it will be around $130 or more:

Re: In Package Images of Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix (1843107)
Posted by Seibertron on November 24th, 2016 @ 11:11am CST
ScottyP wrote:The shade of teal blue is completely different on this one. Orange appears to be a bit brighter too. This thread made me feel like I was taking crazy pills. Similar deco, different colors. Can't tell if any changes have been made to the Mini-Con but this along with the old pictures are 2 for 2 on making it seem shiny.

Looks different to me as well. Can't wait to see. One of my favorite Transformers toys of all time. Hopefully the mold gets retired after this use and we can get a new Unicron that transforms into an actual round planetoid. Love the new artwork as well, though I think I would have preferred to see Galvatron and his minions instead of Megatron and the Decepticons before their reformatting.
Re: In Package Images of Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix (1843108)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 24th, 2016 @ 11:13am CST
Re: In Package Images of Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix (1843111)
Posted by Kurona on November 24th, 2016 @ 11:21am CST
Sabrblade wrote:No fanfare for the Year of the Rooster Optimus Prime posted on the previous page?

There's a separate thread for that.
Re: In Package Images of Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix (1843112)
Posted by william-james88 on November 24th, 2016 @ 11:21am CST

His fan fare has his on thread. This is only for 2016 platinum sets (ie he movie anniversary ones)
Re: In Package Images of Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix (1843120)
Posted by Deathsaurus1 on November 24th, 2016 @ 12:26pm CST
This is the first retail release that had really caught my attention lol.
Combiner wars, RID and titan returns do nothing for me. For a long while I have been collecting only masterpiece figures.

This will be a release through toys r us correct?
Re: In Package Images of Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix (1843121)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 24th, 2016 @ 12:45pm CST
Deathsaurus1 wrote:This is the first retail release that had really caught my attention lol.

This will be a release through toys r us correct?
Maybe in Canada. The U.S. hasn't gotten any Platinums via TRU stores since the Supreme Starscream of 2014.
Re: In Package Images of Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix (1843124)
Posted by Cobotron on November 24th, 2016 @ 12:49pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:

This will be a release through toys r us correct?
They carried Year of the Goats, and currently have Giant Primal (can't remember what he's called, officially). They are mostly on line, but can be found in a few stores.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers 2011 DOTM Cyberverse legion Ratchet figure (missing right hand)" on EBAY
Buy "MISB Transformers SCF Tokyo Game Show Battle Damage Set Optimus/Convoy Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "1:64 TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME WESTERN STAR 5700 & BARRICADE JADA TOYS DIECAST" on EBAY
Buy "Jada Nano Hollywood Rides Transformers Bumblebee Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Megatron X - Sealed figure - Transformers Cyberverse Adventures - 1-step changer" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Cyberverse Adventures BUMBLEBEE WHEELJACK Gravity Cannon NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Chase Brush Fire Boulder Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Kre-O 30662 Ratchet new sealed hasbro unopened 187 pieces" on EBAY