Transformers News: In Package Shots of Transformers Studio Series Optimus, Bonecrusher, Jetfire and DOTM Megatron.

Friday, December 7th, 2018 10:00AM CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 15,573

Thanks to the good fellows over at the TF Thai Fanclub over on Facebook we have in package shots of SS-32 Voyager class 2007 Optimus Prime, SS-33 Voyager class Bonecrusher, SS-34 Leader Class Dark of the Moon Megatron and SS-35 Leader Class Jetfire!

We have mirrored the images below for your convenience.

Jetfire and 2007 Optimus Prime are capable of combining to represent the end of the Revenge of the Fallen movie, where Jetfire gives his spark up so Prime can use Jetfire's parts to create Jet Optimus Prime who then takes on the Fallen. DOTM Megatron comes with an Igor mini figure, who can just be seen at the top of the box.

What do you think of these releases? Will you be picking any of these up? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews.
Credit(s): TF Thai Facebook page
Re: In Package Shots of Transformers Studio Series Optimus, Bonecrusher, Jetfire and DOTM Megatron. (1997459)
Posted by Stryker P28 on December 7th, 2018 @ 10:06am CST
I love it
Re: In Package Shots of Transformers Studio Series Optimus, Bonecrusher, Jetfire and DOTM Megatron. (1997460)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on December 7th, 2018 @ 10:08am CST
Stryker P28 wrote:I love that they used the picture of 07 prime that was super overused on all types of merchandise
I love it

Well it does focus on his gun and the figure comes with a gun rather than swords this time. :)

They all look really nice in their boxes. I want them all.
Re: In Package Shots of Transformers Studio Series Optimus, Bonecrusher, Jetfire and DOTM Megatron. (1997461)
Posted by LeAwesome1 on December 7th, 2018 @ 10:08am CST
Re: In Package Shots of Transformers Studio Series Optimus, Bonecrusher, Jetfire and DOTM Megatron. (1997465)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 7th, 2018 @ 10:32am CST
LeAwesome1 wrote:For all UK users, the voyager Optimus and Bonecrusher + leaders Megatron and Jetfire are now up for pre-order on IDToys. Just pre-ordered them all bar Megatron as I am still holding out for a 2007 version.

They are becoming a good place to check for us UK dwellers.
Re: In Package Shots of Transformers Studio Series Optimus, Bonecrusher, Jetfire and DOTM Megatron. (1997466)
Posted by LeAwesome1 on December 7th, 2018 @ 10:33am CST
ZeroWolf wrote:

They are becoming a good place to check for us UK dwellers.

I feel they are good as soon as a product comes out. I feel they are very slow at getting more stock in after the first batch is gone.
Re: In Package Shots of Transformers Studio Series Optimus, Bonecrusher, Jetfire and DOTM Megatron. (1997470)
Posted by Centaurus Prime on December 7th, 2018 @ 10:58am CST
I'm sold on DOTM Megatron and Jetfire, not getting the Optimus and on the fence about Bonecrusher. Still waiting for a leader class Fallen.
Re: In Package Shots of Transformers Studio Series Optimus, Bonecrusher, Jetfire and DOTM Megatron. (1997473)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on December 7th, 2018 @ 11:09am CST
I'm quasi-tempted by Jetfire and Optimus, but I'm not interested in Megatron. Megatron looks to be too tall, comparing his height to the box, and also even more simplified than the DOTM Voyager. Unacceptable.
Re: In Package Shots of Transformers Studio Series Optimus, Bonecrusher, Jetfire and DOTM Megatron. (1997485)
Posted by Shuttershock on December 7th, 2018 @ 12:00pm CST
Heehee, Bonecrusher’s such a short fat boy.

I’ve not collected Autobots so far, but that might be the Prime I go for.

Megs not so much. The RoTF mold nailed it for me, I don’t need another.
Re: In Package Shots of Transformers Studio Series Optimus, Bonecrusher, Jetfire and DOTM Megatron. (1997486)
Posted by Short Circuit on December 7th, 2018 @ 12:12pm CST
I'm heavily considering selling off my Japanese ROTF Jet Optimus Prime to get these new two. Prime is simpler but a bit more scree accurate, and jetfire's proportions look way better than the electronic block sandwich torso rotf jefire had.

Anyone who has SS Prime; any thoughts on how he compares to the ROTF Leader?
Re: In Package Shots of Transformers Studio Series Optimus, Bonecrusher, Jetfire and DOTM Megatron. (1997488)
Posted by Ig89ninja on December 7th, 2018 @ 12:33pm CST
To me, Bonecrusher looks like he’s angry/sad about how he fits in his package
Re: In Package Shots of Transformers Studio Series Optimus, Bonecrusher, Jetfire and DOTM Megatron. (1997489)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on December 7th, 2018 @ 12:36pm CST
I'll probably be getting WWII Bee, Sideswipe, and DOTM Megatron from wave 5. Optimus looks great, but I'm waiting for the DOTM version since that's my favorite look for him.
Re: In Package Shots of Transformers Studio Series Optimus, Bonecrusher, Jetfire and DOTM Megatron. (1997490)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on December 7th, 2018 @ 12:37pm CST
Short Circuit wrote:Anyone who has SS Prime; any thoughts on how he compares to the ROTF Leader?

They're really different things depending on what you want from a movie Prime figure for a particular collection. RotF Leader was an amazing feat of engineering back then and is accurate in many ways and still holds up well but obviously doesn't go with Studio Series scale. SS Prime is a more fun toy in my opinion as it's much easier to transform and poses very well so it's had a lot more play by me than my RotF Leader Primes (original and Buster) did which were more display pieces for me like Masterpieces also tend to be. Obviously the new retooled SS Prime is much more accuratre than the first though still not quite as much as the RotF Leader (though a lil more in some ways like the shoulderpads, never did like those flat ones the RotF figure had, which the MPM did then copied, and third party clones of the MPM massively improved on). If you like your RotF Leader enough then keep it and just put it separately from the SS stuff as you would MPM's and other lines. I dunno if any of that helps but eh, i babble...

I keep looking at that DotM Megatron. I really like it. Way more than the DotM Voyager. I want to see it in more photos and such though but I am very likely to be buying it. I won't pre-order any of them yet cos based on past experience i get locked into a pre-order with one retailer only to find them out sooner or cheaper (or both) from another one. :P
Re: In Package Shots of Transformers Studio Series Optimus, Bonecrusher, Jetfire and DOTM Megatron. (1997494)
Posted by What's Crackin'? on December 7th, 2018 @ 12:58pm CST

As far as the other guys, I really want that Bonecrusher. He looks awesome!

DOTM Megatron looks beautiful, and I love the Igor.

I was never big on Jetfire, but he looks great. I'll probably get him to combine him with Optimus.
Re: In Package Shots of Transformers Studio Series Optimus, Bonecrusher, Jetfire and DOTM Megatron. (1997495)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on December 7th, 2018 @ 1:17pm CST
What's Crackin'? wrote:That new Optimus Prime looks epic,although I'm a little worried. The figure in the box is clearly misassembled. His pelvis is on backwords instead of forwards. Notice the easily visable screws, and stand port. I really hope this is an issue with only this figure and not the final product.

Good eye. I hadn't noticed that. Hopefully Hasbro have spotted it and taken any necessary action if required. :)
Re: In Package Shots of Transformers Studio Series Optimus, Bonecrusher, Jetfire and DOTM Megatron. (1997497)
Posted by LordPrime99 on December 7th, 2018 @ 1:23pm CST
Anyone else notice how primes crotch pieces is backward so the screw holes are visible? I really hope thats not a major issue that the toy will actually have
Re: In Package Shots of Transformers Studio Series Optimus, Bonecrusher, Jetfire and DOTM Megatron. (1997498)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on December 7th, 2018 @ 1:24pm CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

How do the legs attach to the pelvis? If they are simple ball joints, then the fix is easy-peasy, just pop them off, turn the pelvis around and re-attach. I had that happen with a Takara Legends Slipstream. But, I suspect for a voyager the hip joints are probably not simple ball joints.
Re: In Package Shots of Transformers Studio Series Optimus, Bonecrusher, Jetfire and DOTM Megatron. (1997500)
Posted by william-james88 on December 7th, 2018 @ 1:26pm CST

They are not in the same league. Its like asking the different between a deluxe movie bumblebee and the MPM toy we got. Different size, different build, different transformation, different colours. And different scale.
Re: In Package Shots of Transformers Studio Series Optimus, Bonecrusher, Jetfire and DOTM Megatron. (1997507)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on December 7th, 2018 @ 1:52pm CST
^Quite so, Will. ROTF Leader Optimus is a Leader-class figure - an old-school Leader-class figure - and more in line with a scale of 1/32. I'd say it's more fair to compare SS Optimus with Battle Blades since that was a Voyager

Carnivius_Prime wrote:

One more thing I would like to add is that the truck mode on Studio Series has exposed robot feet.

Re: the flat shoulderpads it's a case of screen accuracy vs. altmode integration accuracy. The shoulder pads form the lower part of his doors on the movie model Optimus as they do on the ROTF and MPM toys.. but on the movie model they do the same hingeless bending BS as Bumblebee's license plate.
Re: In Package Shots of Transformers Studio Series Optimus, Bonecrusher, Jetfire and DOTM Megatron. (1997521)
Posted by Black Hat on December 7th, 2018 @ 4:14pm CST
Prime looks good and basically solves my issues I had with the ROTF SS, which as mentioned before is a bit of a dick move but oh well.

Bonecrusher...sigh. I wish he was bigger. Granted he seems to be fairly bulky and massive (with his low height a result of his hunchback and abnormal anatomy) but somehow it seems...off. If I can get him though I will, he still looks awesome (though he may be destined to be repurposed and very lightly customized into an AU Strika) and the vehicle mode is brilliant.

Megatron I have mixed feelings on. Cape aside, he looks good, but he's definitely got some accuracy issues. However, given how the onscreen transformation was basically animation magic and completely physics defying, I can't see how anything smaller than MPM scale with a budget and partscount to match could make the transformation work. I don't think it's impossible to do (look at Unique Toys Challenger) but at retail price, I can forgive it. Whether I buy him or not is another matter.

Jetfire looks good. I still wish his jet mode had less undercarriage kibble (the fact the best, most streamlined SR-71 Transformer, official or otherwise, is a Minicon from the Armada era is ridiculous) but he does look exceedingly cool in robot mode and his jet mode isn't that bad.

What I really want though is a Nitro Zeus figure retooled from the TLK toy that gives him the correct head (which IIRC is similar, but not identical, to Shockwave's), the Graffiti tattoos he has all over him, and a neck chain accessory. I don't imagine for a moment it will happen but if it did I'd buy it.
Re: In Package Shots of Transformers Studio Series Optimus, Bonecrusher, Jetfire and DOTM Megatron. (1997557)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 7th, 2018 @ 8:56pm CST
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

Ball joints are hardly ever used on Voyager and up, opting for swivels and universal joints instead. SS Optimus Prime has the latter, but they can be unscrewed. Thankfully, it shouldn't be necessary as display samples are assembled correctly. Not the first time stock photos has had them misassembled if I may add.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #213 - How to Say Expensive and Mean It
"How to Say Expensive and Mean It"
Posted: Sunday, December 9th, 2018

Buy "Nemesis Prime Spinister Thrilling 30 Complete Legends Generations Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Beachcomber Collection 3 100% Complete Micro Changers Kre-O Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Divebomb Tech Specs 1986 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Beachcomber Tech Specs Mini 1985 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Cutthroat Tech Specs 1987 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Dreadwind Tech Specs Powermasters 1988 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Blot 100% Complete 1987 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers" on EBAY