Friday, August 28th, 2020 11:15pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Wolfman Jake   Views: 41,197

Hot on the heels of the reveal of the contents of the second Leader Class Spoiler Pack for the Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy series, which is exclusive to Walmart stores in the United States, comes some new images of the two upcoming Voyager Class 3-Packs for the second wave of product: Optimus Prime with Enerax and Sheeldron (sic) and Soundwave with Laserbeak and Ravage! These images come from Chinese website Weibo and were tipped off to us here at Seibertron.com by forum member transformers_va. These pictures appear to be professional product photographs of these figures in and out of package in what is assumed to be their finalized decos, though as we have seen this year, nothing is certain until we have the figures in hand! More on that in a bit. For now, take a look at these new promotional pics below.

Transformers News: In-Box and In-Hand Images of Netflix War for Cybertron Trilogy Voyager Optimus Prime and Soundwave

We also have some interesting in-hand pictures from Weibo and Reddit to share, thanks to a tip from Seibertron.com forum user Omegatron. These are apparently in-hand pictures of Netflix Soundwave. The biggest difference from the product shots above, though, is that the visor on his face is YELLOW instead of red.

We have seen leaked test shots of other recent figures, such as Earthrise Ramjet and Dirge, with clear, colorless canopies that show up in the product photography on the box, but the actual products shipped had clear orange canopies instead. Similarly, in the product shot above, neither Optimus Prime nor Soundwave's product photos on the back of their boxes match what we can see of the actual product housed inside through the clear plastic window on the front of their respective boxes.

What do you think of these new images of the second wave of Netflix War for Cybertron Trilogy Voyager Class toys? Are the extra paint apps and deco tweaks on Earthrise Optimus Prime worth double dipping on the figure? Do you need a classic Earth mode Soundwave in your collection, as opposed to the Cybertronian form he received in last year's Siege line? Tell us what you think in the discussion forums, and as always, stay tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest news on all things Transformers!

Credit(s): transformers_va and Omegatron (Seibertron.com), Weibo, Reddit

Re: In-Box and In-Hand Images of Netflix War for Cybertron Trilogy Voyager Optimus Prime and Soundwave (2078175)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on August 28th, 2020 @ 11:35pm CDT
Soundwave is a given for me. I hope the final product really does have the cartoon accurate red visor. My one issue is that they didn't give Soundwave the red pinstripes on his wrists and shoulder cannon. They remembered those on the Siege version, and those parts haven't even been remolded on the Netflix version! Why drop them? I would have nixed the silver paint apps on the shoulders instead, as they were never screen accurate.

I'll be getting the Optimus Prime pack too, if only for the exclusive Battle Masters. Gotta Catch 'Em All! I'm not sure if I like the Netflix colors better than the regular Earthrise version of the figure, though. I do like that they FINALLY remembered to paint the yellow rectangle on the pelvis this time, and more of the lower legs are colored in blue instead of being left as gray plastic, but those truck windows look so drab without a little blue tint to them. The darker red and blue used also look more drab overall. It's going to come down to being able to have both the Earthrise and Netflix version in hand simultaneously to decide who gets to be the version of the figure I put in my display.
Re: In-Box and In-Hand Images of Netflix War for Cybertron Trilogy Voyager Optimus Prime and Soundwave (2078176)
Posted by TulioDude on August 28th, 2020 @ 11:36pm CDT
I wonder if those will be in stores outside the USA?
Re: In-Box and In-Hand Images of Netflix War for Cybertron Trilogy Voyager Optimus Prime and Soundwave (2078178)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on August 29th, 2020 @ 12:05am CDT
Welp, just preordered Nemesis. Personally I think it's a better value than the Takara exclusive. Now I'm hoping to actually find Soundwave in stores... or at least a decent price on eBay that isn't over $60.

These will supposedly be out in October, correct?
Re: In-Box and In-Hand Images of Netflix War for Cybertron Trilogy Voyager Optimus Prime and Soundwave (2078179)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on August 29th, 2020 @ 12:14am CDT
Re: In-Box and In-Hand Images of Netflix War for Cybertron Trilogy Voyager Optimus Prime and Soundwave (2078180)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on August 29th, 2020 @ 12:15am CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:So does this Soundwave turn into a tape deck then? Or was that a 3rd party kit added in that shot?

I'll be getting Optimus, but I don't care about the gold battle masters, so I'll probably just sell those.

Soundwave has been retooled to become a tape deck.
Re: In-Box and In-Hand Images of Netflix War for Cybertron Trilogy Voyager Optimus Prime and Soundwave (2078184)
Posted by Emerje on August 29th, 2020 @ 1:11am CDT
I like the darker colors for Optimus, I almost want to slap a G2 symbol on his shoulder (not toy accurate, I don't care) and maybe give him Nemesis Prime's black trailer (also with a sticker, also not accurate). This way I can have a G2 Prime to fight G2 Megatron.

As for Soundwave, red or yellow I really don't care what color his eyes are, but it really annoys me that his chest is outlined yellow while the stripes on the sides are gold. It should all be gold like the CG! Even the Siege figures got it right, what were they thinking?

Emerje
Re: In-Box and In-Hand Images of Netflix War for Cybertron Trilogy Voyager Optimus Prime and Soundwave (2078189)
Posted by Munkky on August 29th, 2020 @ 2:02am CDT
TulioDude wrote:I like how you can see Optimus's eyes better.It seens they are going for G1 toy colors.
I wonder if those will be in stores outside the USA?

Here in the UK, Smyths Toys do stock the first wave of the Netflix range, including the Ultra Magnus spoiler box, so I don't see why they wouldn't stock the second wave too. That being said, last time I was in a Smyths there were a hefty number of Netflix Voyagers and Ultra Magnus boxes, so perhaps they're not selling very well and that could de-incentivise Smyths from ordeing more Netflix product?
Re: In-Box and In-Hand Images of Netflix War for Cybertron Trilogy Voyager Optimus Prime and Soundwave (2078191)
Posted by blackeyedprime on August 29th, 2020 @ 3:23am CDT
Munkky wrote:
I wonder if those will be in stores outside the USA?

Smyths I went into after the show aired had almost sold out of netflix bots and they were very well stocked before that. They are even look to be restocking omega supreme at some point so they must be doing okay on titans sales too.

As for the figures, it's going to be down to seeing primes colors in hand, the chest windows (which looked just as off on standard earthrise prime) might be better for having a thin clear blue plastic sheet carefully glued into each of them.

Soundwaves a pass, RED version wins non kibble hands down and the siege cassette bots are pretty bad anyways so no loss there.
Re: In-Box and In-Hand Images of Netflix War for Cybertron Trilogy Voyager Optimus Prime and Soundwave (2078195)
Posted by MeGrimlock78 on August 29th, 2020 @ 6:29am CDT
Soundwave is an instant buy for me. He'll complete my Season 1cast for the Decepticons (assuming I find Skywarp and Thundercracker first!)

I couldn't stand the battle damaged window on the Siege version.

Now if only they would release blue Rumble without three other cassettes I don't want...
Re: In-Box and In-Hand Images of Netflix War for Cybertron Trilogy Voyager Optimus Prime and Soundwave (2078197)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 29th, 2020 @ 6:50am CDT
Even though I already have Siege Soundwave and both tapes, I'm definitely getting that version. Seriously sweet like mini MP!

As for that Optimus, skip because I already have the ER Leader. Still, the choice of his Battlemasters is PERFECT. An axe and a shield. Those are not random like the ones that came with Megatron.
Re: In-Box and In-Hand Images of Netflix War for Cybertron Trilogy Voyager Optimus Prime and Soundwave (2078201)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 29th, 2020 @ 7:40am CDT
Re: In-Box and In-Hand Images of Netflix War for Cybertron Trilogy Voyager Optimus Prime and Soundwave (2078204)
Posted by Brokebot on August 29th, 2020 @ 7:56am CDT
"Enerax and Sheeldron?"

These are names you come up with under heavy medication.
Re: In-Box and In-Hand Images of Netflix War for Cybertron Trilogy Voyager Optimus Prime and Soundwave (2078206)
Posted by LinaNui on August 29th, 2020 @ 8:24am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:A question, given that Hasbro said before that gang molding on Earthrise Prime was why part of Prime himself was the wrong colour as it was on the same mold as the trailer, how have they managed Netflix Nemesis Prime? Did they just waste the Earthrise Prime parts that weren't needed or was the black trailer done the same time as Netflix voyager prime and then they were parted :-?

Maybe the extra prime parts went to the voyager pack prime, since he is just the robot.
Re: In-Box and In-Hand Images of Netflix War for Cybertron Trilogy Voyager Optimus Prime and Soundwave (2078208)
Posted by Praxiusprime77 on August 29th, 2020 @ 8:49am CDT
Here is something you'll be able to do with the Nemesis Spoiler pack
Re: In-Box and In-Hand Images of Netflix War for Cybertron Trilogy Voyager Optimus Prime and Soundwave (2078211)
Posted by sol magnus on August 29th, 2020 @ 9:13am CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:So does this Soundwave turn into a tape deck then? I'll probably get him but I won't need the tapes so I'll sell those. I'll be getting Optimus, but I don't care about the gold battle masters, so I'll probably just sell those as well.

The tapes aren't exactly the same, FYI. They've been earth-moded.

I'm still deciding on picking up Soundwave, but my kid's Earthrise Optimus Prime will definitely need replacement by Christmas.
Re: In-Box and In-Hand Images of Netflix War for Cybertron Trilogy Voyager Optimus Prime and Soundwave (2078213)
Posted by Praxiusprime77 on August 29th, 2020 @ 9:46am CDT
Early look at Nemesis Prime Spoiler Pack
Re: In-Box and In-Hand Images of Netflix War for Cybertron Trilogy Voyager Optimus Prime and Soundwave (2078218)
Posted by jaws on August 29th, 2020 @ 10:26am CDT
I just want the clear yellow Battelmasters from OP, already have ER with trailer. SW is awesome with the 2 cassette 'bots, but such ancient media.
Re: In-Box and In-Hand Images of Netflix War for Cybertron Trilogy Voyager Optimus Prime and Soundwave (2078219)
Posted by jaws on August 29th, 2020 @ 10:28am CDT
So interesting that the set is Siege and ER components.
Re: In-Box and In-Hand Images of Netflix War for Cybertron Trilogy Voyager Optimus Prime and Soundwave (2078220)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 29th, 2020 @ 10:30am CDT
jaws wrote:So interesting that the set is Siege and ER components.

And a PotP sword, if you talk about Nemesis.
Re: In-Box and In-Hand Images of Netflix War for Cybertron Trilogy Voyager Optimus Prime and Soundwave (2078222)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 29th, 2020 @ 10:42am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
jaws wrote:So interesting that the set is Siege and ER components.

And a PotP sword, if you talk about Nemesis.

And the guns ;)

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "2016 Hasbro Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Laserbeak + Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2016 & 2015 RID McDonald's Happy Meal Grimlock Figures" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Of Cybertron Megatron 2005 Dexepticon" on EBAY
Buy "Megatron Transformers Cybertron Decepticon Leader Class Armada RID Prime MINTY!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise (RID) Mini-Con Lancelon 2016 Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG10 Arcee Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Angry Birds Gray Silver Rare Energon Lockdown Pig Telepods Works" on EBAY