Incentive Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Marcelo Matere

Incentive Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Marcelo Matere

Monday, May 29th, 2017 6:23pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: ScottyP   Views: 9,765

Joining the roster of covers for Transformers: Lost Light #6 is the ten copy retailer incentive cover by Marcelo Matere. This cover was posted by IDW Publishing onto their official site's page for Lost Light #6. It features Rung, one of the central characters in the "Dissolution" arc, adjusting his glasses while reading a data pad. Just like Rung, this is probably totally innocent behavior that readers should certainly not look into too deeply.

Check it out below, and speculate away by replying to this post on our Energon Pub Forums.

Transformers News: Incentive Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Marcelo Matere

As of this writing, Transformers: Lost Light #6 is expected to be released on June 7th, 2017.

Re: Incentive Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Marcelo Matere (1885132)
Posted by william-james88 on May 30th, 2017 @ 11:21am CDT

I read a good part of MTMTE but got really burned by Dark Cybertron. I dont even know if I read it all. I got back into MTMTE with issue 50 and read steadily since but of course there is a gap in between I have been slowly getting though. Was reading the arc with Megatron's trial (which is still topical because now I know who Terminus is and they keep speaking of the Trial in LL) and I saw this dude:

Who in the world is that? I remember Swerve said there shouldnt be people on the Lost Light who remind him of Prowl (as a joke sure, but I still thought that meant there werent any). UNless it is indeed bluestreak. Was that the bot who Swerve was joking to? He seemed to be blue, not grey.
Re: Incentive Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Marcelo Matere (1885134)
Posted by Kurona on May 30th, 2017 @ 11:23am CDT
william-james88 wrote:This is more about MTMTE than Lost light, but knew I would reach the same people by posting here without resurrecting an older thread.

That's Bluestreak. He's a secondary character who shows up a bit more in other stories pre-50.

His colour scheme in this is a bit weird though - like they're trying to combine the original with some actual blue. I dig it, mind.

As a general rule, Swerve says anything to be a dick. Love him.
Re: Incentive Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Marcelo Matere (1885135)
Posted by william-james88 on May 30th, 2017 @ 11:30am CDT
Kurona wrote:

As a general rule, Swerve says anything to be a dick. Love him.

Thanks. the colours looked very different than just the previous issue where we saw him like this:

So I was confused.
Re: Incentive Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Marcelo Matere (1885345)
Posted by ScottyP on May 30th, 2017 @ 8:48pm CDT
Re: Incentive Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Marcelo Matere (1885348)
Posted by Kurona on May 30th, 2017 @ 8:58pm CDT

Dude... those words are hurtful words.
Re: Incentive Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Marcelo Matere (1885356)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 30th, 2017 @ 9:21pm CDT
To be fair, around issue 28/29 of MTMTE was when there was a colorist change, and there were several notable changes in colorings, such as Bluestreak's paint work and Magnus' thighs
Re: Incentive Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Marcelo Matere (1885362)
Posted by SureShot18 on May 30th, 2017 @ 9:44pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:IDW is about as consistent with colors and designs as Sunbow was in the 80s. They're better lately, to be fair.

Hey now, I don't ever remember seeing two Starscreams in the same panel. :-P

Yeah I guess that's fair. Colors and designs have been wonky at times, but that is sort of the nature of a comic book, I guess. Different artists and colorists throughout a run, and all.
Re: Incentive Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Marcelo Matere (1885600)
Posted by ScottyP on May 31st, 2017 @ 8:14pm CDT
Kurona wrote:

Dude... those words are hurtful words.
I lived through Phase 1. One issue at a time. For every awesome moment like Stormbringer, there were times like New Avengers vs. Transformers. For every greatly cultivated continuity payoff like Devastation, there was a Spotlight: Blaster.

There were also at least 85.3 regular artists working under a laissez faire editorial reign. This is greatly exaggerated, of course, but by that last year in 2011 there was 0 consistency anywhere.
Re: Incentive Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Marcelo Matere (1885601)
Posted by Kurona on May 31st, 2017 @ 8:15pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:
Kurona wrote:

Dude... those words are hurtful words.

Aww, man, now I have to defend my favourite Spotlight? You wound me. You wound me.

But you also said New Avengers vs. Transformers was bad, so it's only skin-deep! Wheeeee~
Re: Incentive Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Marcelo Matere (1885682)
Posted by ScottyP on May 31st, 2017 @ 10:36pm CDT
Kurona wrote:
ScottyP wrote:
Kurona wrote:

Dude... those words are hurtful words.

I love Spotlight: Blaster. Fun story, neat twist, and my friend Robby Musso crushed it on the art. I was picking at it from the continuity perspective only, as nothing in it has ever been revisited - not even by John Barber!
Re: Incentive Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Marcelo Matere (1885798)
Posted by Kurona on June 1st, 2017 @ 6:27am CDT
ScottyP wrote:
Kurona wrote:
ScottyP wrote:
Kurona wrote:

Dude... those words are hurtful words.

Oh thank god.

That's actually partly what I like about it though - that it doesn't need to be revisited or referenced or fit into anywhere. It's just allowed to tell its own self-contained story using the universe they'd built. I love seeing stuff like that and it's kind of one of the things the Spotlight line was made for.
Re: Incentive Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Marcelo Matere (1886287)
Posted by Kurona on June 2nd, 2017 @ 11:03am CDT
Eyyyy what's up just getting us back on topic with this awesome print of the main cast by Nick Roche. Apparently it's the lines for the first of this season's convention prints!

Re: Incentive Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Marcelo Matere (1886346)
Posted by Va'al on June 2nd, 2017 @ 3:34pm CDT
Courtesy of Newsarama, we have the full preview of next week's IDW Publishing Transformers: Lost Light #6 - the final issue in the first arc for the newly titled series! There are some potential spoilers for those of you who'd rather wait until reading it in full, but otherwise, check it out below!

Transformers: Lost Light #6
James Roberts (w) • Jack Lawrence (a & c)
You know that sinking feeling you get when you witness the destruction of an entire planet? Rodimus and company are about to feel that. Hardcore.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
Bullet points:
· Six issues in...the end of Lost Light?!
· OK, not likely. But a lot of people could die now!
· Variant cover by Marcelo Matere!

Re: Incentive Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Marcelo Matere (1886365)
Posted by Ironhidensh on June 2nd, 2017 @ 4:21pm CDT
You know, I had really started to buy into ScottyP's theory of the Rung/Unicron connection. I'm quite disappointed it didn't play out.

So what do you think the Getaway gang (props if you remember them from the 80's) are up to?
Re: Incentive Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Marcelo Matere (1886368)
Posted by Randomhero on June 2nd, 2017 @ 4:29pm CDT
The idea of Unicron ever appearing destroys the entire religious foundation of IDW: it's belief over fact. Just like our own world, religion is not proven. It's about what you believe in. That's why the thirteen are not the children of primus in IDW, they're just powerful transformers. It's why we've never seen the knights, the guiding hand or primus himself or even the mention of unicorns name.

To have Unicron show up proves primus is real which essentially says God is real and here he is, IDW has spent 12 years avoiding anything primus or Unicron as an actual thing.

As for getaway and the lost light? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Why? Because they literally abandoned Rodimus and everyone two days prior. This series is still taking place 3 weeks behind issue 50 of not RID and 5 months behind the current stories in Optimus prime and Till all are one. Soundwave is still on the space station, Galvatron is still scheming and Optimus has just annexed Earth,
Re: Incentive Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Marcelo Matere (1886370)
Posted by Kurona on June 2nd, 2017 @ 4:43pm CDT
We're catching up with Getaway and the Lost Light in Issue 10. I kinda hope it involves Mirage's group coming back, First Aid going "what the fuck" and two seconds later Defensor tearing up half the ship.
Re: Incentive Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Marcelo Matere (1886375)
Posted by Randomhero on June 2nd, 2017 @ 4:54pm CDT
Kurona wrote:We're catching up with Getaway and the Lost Light in Issue 10. I kinda hope it involves Mirage's group coming back, First Aid going "what the ****" and two seconds later Defensor tearing up half the ship.

That doesn't sound like anything James Roberts would do. The more plausible idea would be first aid and everyone showing up. Only first aid talks, everyone else is is just background and they stand around and spend half the issue talking about something that could be sumed up with one page. A lot of sad faces too can't forget the sad faces .
Re: Incentive Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Marcelo Matere (1886409)
Posted by Ironhidensh on June 2nd, 2017 @ 7:36pm CDT

I like you, you are good people. When the revolution comes, I'll see to it you are on the protected scrolls.*

*I may have had a but to drink tonight.
Re: Incentive Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Marcelo Matere (1886590)
Posted by Va'al on June 3rd, 2017 @ 1:34pm CDT
Via Previews World, we have a look at some cover art for not the next, but the issue after that of IDW Transformers: Lost Light! Issue #6 is out next Wednesday - full preview here - and the covers below, by Alex Milne and James Raiz (plus colourists - come ON people) and the main one by Jack Lawrence (plus colours) deal with the aftermath, so looking at them too closely may spoil some of the story in #6. You've been warned!

(W) James Roberts (A) Jack Lawrence (CA) Alex Milne
AFTERMATH! The war with the Functionalists is over-and Rodimus is left wondering whether he won or lost. It's the beginning of a new chapter for the displaced crew of the Lost Light, as decisions are made that will change their lives forever.

Re: Incentive Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Marcelo Matere (1886607)
Posted by ScottyP on June 3rd, 2017 @ 2:24pm CDT
Oh that Milne cover is excellent (and also how rumors start!)

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers: Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures - Repugnus Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Studio Series KSI Boss Age of Extinction" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Studio Series 43 Voyager Class KSI Boss" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Studio Series 03 Deluxe Crowbar" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots MORBOT Race Car Grey Purple" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Dark of the Moon DOTM Lot - JOLT- CRANKCASE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe WFC-GS21 Decepticon Sandstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Galactic Odyssey Biosfera Autobot Clones MISB" on EBAY