Incredible Deal on Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Found at Ollie's

Transformers News: Incredible Deal on Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Found at Ollie's

Sunday, April 15th, 2018 11:30PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 15,854

The red Ollie's price tag is there on the upper right hand corner of the box. Don't know how they do it, but they're able to get awesome closeout deals and pass along the savings. A lot of people (myself included) have been getting dirt cheap DC Comics books on closeout from them for the past few months. Good luck to all on the hunt!

For what it's worth, the cashier said she hadn't seen them before and figured they had just got them in. This was at the Callaway, FL Ollie's btw. Perhaps the price/tag was intended for another Transformer, but it does show up as one on the receipt.

Credit(s): Animal Mother

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Incredible Deal on Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Found at Ollie's (1953259)
Posted by WreckerJack on April 16th, 2018 @ 12:16am CDT
Too bad I don't have an Ollie's but also where the heck would I keep that dino? Gonna need a bigger apartment...the robots are multiplying!
Re: Incredible Deal on Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Found at Ollie's (1953260)
Posted by Hanzako on April 16th, 2018 @ 12:17am CDT
I won't be able to get to the one near me :c . And by the time i could, theyd be gone...
Re: Incredible Deal on Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Found at Ollie's (1953277)
Posted by Z3ROhour on April 16th, 2018 @ 5:44am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Titans Return Trypticon has just been found at Ollie's for $12.99. While this may sound unbelievable, the person who found it has given photo evidence, along with the product number and receipt in case you want to check out if your local Ollie's has one. For those unaware, this retail chain, named Ollie's Bargain Outlet, sells surplus from other places and is a dumping ground for bankruptcy sales and closeout of other retailers and manufacturers (this might be a dumping ground for Toysrus). Trypticon was found at a store in Florida by Animal Mother, a toy colelctor who posted the finding on the TFW2005 boards. The digits above the bar code are 316 D8 and he item number is 157342. This is by far the lowest a titan class figure has been acquired at retail, beating out that Fort Max at Ross deal from last year.

[quote]I found one there last night and can confirm at that price. I'm usually only interested in MP's, but even I couldn't pass it up.

[/quote]
give ya a $20 to ship one to California.
Re: Incredible Deal on Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Found at Ollie's (1953291)
Posted by fenrir72 on April 16th, 2018 @ 6:45am CDT
How do you know if it has a busted hip or not? Trypticon that is?
Re: Incredible Deal on Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Found at Ollie's (1953299)
Posted by ScottyP on April 16th, 2018 @ 8:14am CDT
I can believe the chain would get them in but that $12.99 looks like a (possible one-off) goof up. "Their Price $29.99"? Seems like that was meant to go on something else. I would not get your hopes up.

Regardless, I hope plenty more folks get to buy a Trypticon that may not have been able to before, even if it turns out to be $40 like Fort Max was.

Also, why does the price tag move from shot to shot

Edit, yet more weirdness: when did they change their price tags to be a lighter orange with rounded corners? Maybe they did, but the other items in the background have the bright neon orange ones with squared corners. I do want this to be real but my BS detector is going off like Brainstorm's Early Early Warning device on this one.
Re: Incredible Deal on Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Found at Ollie's (1953301)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on April 16th, 2018 @ 8:43am CDT
Re: Incredible Deal on Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Found at Ollie's (1953302)
Posted by nycPrime on April 16th, 2018 @ 8:46am CDT
Re: Incredible Deal on Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Found at Ollie's (1953306)
Posted by AlphaBass on April 16th, 2018 @ 9:13am CDT

Wish I had jumped on the Fort Max deal. I'm looking for one now.
Re: Incredible Deal on Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Found at Ollie's (1953313)
Posted by Caelus on April 16th, 2018 @ 9:56am CDT
Black Bumblebee wrote:Did NOT find one at the Ollie's in Jackson, TN. I did find, last year, 20 Fort Maxs there (only bought 3 of them, though), so was hoping that lightning would strike twice. Alas, it did not.

Re: Incredible Deal on Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Found at Ollie's (1953314)
Posted by Caelus on April 16th, 2018 @ 9:57am CDT
Wrong button. Oops. Well, I'll roll with it.

AlphaBass wrote:I checked the Ollie's near Fredericksburg, VA. No Trypticon, but a bunch of Titans Return carded figures. Just two Decepticon ones though.

How much are they priced at? Might get some duplicates for customizing if they're super cheap.
Re: Incredible Deal on Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Found at Ollie's (1953329)
Posted by AlphaBass on April 16th, 2018 @ 10:47am CDT
Caelus wrote:Wrong button. Oops. Well, I'll roll with it.

$8, about half of what you'd find them at. Had about 2 boxes of them IIRC.
Re: Incredible Deal on Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Found at Ollie's (1953340)
Posted by Lunarabbit on April 16th, 2018 @ 11:25am CDT
Caelus wrote:I called the Ollie's in Maryville and Knoxville. No luck. Inventory person didn't have to look because apparently I was not the first person to call, and they knew there weren't any on last night's truck.

Thank you, Caelus. You just saved my lunch break.
Re: Incredible Deal on Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Found at Ollie's (1953341)
Posted by william-james88 on April 16th, 2018 @ 11:27am CDT
nycPrime wrote:All weekend long my inbox was flooded with notifications from that TFW thread from folks debating the validity of that Trypticon sighting. Please don't let that happen here.

I preferred sharing this info in the hope that it would help someone. I would rather news it and be wrong than keep the info for myelf and have you guys lose out on what could be a great deal.
Re: Incredible Deal on Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Found at Ollie's (1953363)
Posted by nycPrime on April 16th, 2018 @ 1:07pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

You misunderstood. I have no issue with the news. I was lazy so didn't quote it, but someone here was speculating it could be a price error or fake. As you probably know, there are pages of TFW users attacking the guy that posted the deal. All this debating on if it was real or not. Was just hoping that wouldn't happen here as well.
Re: Incredible Deal on Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Found at Ollie's (1953366)
Posted by Notesandtabs on April 16th, 2018 @ 1:14pm CDT
If it is $12.99, anybody willing to ship to California?
Re: Incredible Deal on Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Found at Ollie's (1953370)
Posted by william-james88 on April 16th, 2018 @ 1:25pm CDT
nycPrime wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Ok. We are usually better than that here. Case in point, it hasnt even ben 1 page of debate yet :D
Re: Incredible Deal on Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Found at Ollie's (1953371)
Posted by o.supreme on April 16th, 2018 @ 1:29pm CDT
I've never even heard of this store...

Notesandtabs wrote:If it is $12.99, anybody willing to ship to California?

The good news is the closest store (i.e. the western most location) is in Hot Springs AR, just about 1600 miles away for those of us in California lol....I calculated the cost in gas to drive would be $300-$400, so I'd have to get 4 or 5 to make the trip worth it. I hope someone responds to you, that's a heck of a deal, but still there's still plenty of Trypticons from online retailers, but who knows, maybe collectors will purchase these, sell them for cheap on eBay, and still make a profit.
Re: Incredible Deal on Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Found at Ollie's (1953381)
Posted by Blitzwing is bae on April 16th, 2018 @ 2:33pm CDT
Pardon my french but holy S@#*! :lol: :lol: :lol: I just wish I was the one to find it :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Incredible Deal on Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Found at Ollie's (1953392)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on April 16th, 2018 @ 3:39pm CDT
AlphaBass wrote:
Caelus wrote:Wrong button. Oops. Well, I'll roll with it.

$8, about half of what you'd find them at. Had about 2 boxes of them IIRC.
Saturday, the Westland MI Ollie's had that price too, but every case was the Triggerhappy/Twinferno/Krok/Quake case that's still shelfwarming at Meijer clearance for $10.60.

A one-off pricing snafu got me a Quantum Leap complete series box set for <$2 at my other Ollie's last month, so it wouldn't surprise me if this never happens again.
Re: Incredible Deal on Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Found at Ollie's (1953397)
Posted by bengear on April 16th, 2018 @ 4:00pm CDT
in central ky, my ollies has trypticon at 19.99, i picked up two of the four they had on the shelf.
Transformers products from AMAZON