In-hand, comparison image of Studio Series 37 Voyager Long Haul

Transformers News: In-hand, comparison image of Studio Series 37 Voyager Long Haul

Friday, March 29th, 2019 8:14PM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: notirishman   Views: 33,584

Thanks to Seibertronians Nathaniel Prime and Hellscream9999, we can see one of our first in-hand images of Studio Series 37 Voyager Class Long Haul, not counting pictures taken at 'Cons and the like. This image comes to us from TransFans on Facebook, and they compare the new figure to the ten year old Revenge of the Fallen Voyager Class toy. While some may argue the original toy is still good, you can't argue that the new Studio Series is more accurate and better proportioned to the in-movie model. Unfortunately, the toy is shorter, but is more stout. Of course, the new figure can combine with the rest of the seven Constructicons to form Devastator.

And if you would like to see some great images of the original Revenge of the Fallen Voyager Long Haul toy, and maybe see how far HasTak has gone in ten years, check out the gallery below! Be sure to drop off your thoughts in the Pub forums too!

Credit(s): TransFans on Facebook
Re: In-hand, comparison image of Studio Series 37 Voyager Long Haul (2016440)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on March 29th, 2019 @ 8:35pm CDT
Hot damn he looks pretty good!
Re: In-hand, comparison image of Studio Series 37 Voyager Long Haul (2016443)
Posted by Grimlocktimus on March 29th, 2019 @ 8:47pm CDT
Well I got Scrapmetal.... seven more to go...
Re: In-hand, comparison image of Studio Series 37 Voyager Long Haul (2016444)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on March 29th, 2019 @ 8:50pm CDT
He’s gonna be a big boy when he’s all put together.

That said an SDCC box set in a scaled pyramid would be perfect lol
Re: In-hand, comparison image of Studio Series 37 Voyager Long Haul (2016452)
Posted by Prime Target on March 29th, 2019 @ 10:34pm CDT
I really like How they've done the Shoulder Tyres and the Sharper, more angled Alt Mode. And is that a Waist swivel I detect hidden away there? Top Show! The size difference between him and the Original, Or Transformers in general for that matter, Doesn't matter to me at all. So long as the figures are awesome,Well articulated and inspired I'll love them.
Re: In-hand, comparison image of Studio Series 37 Voyager Long Haul (2016453)
Posted by Prime Target on March 29th, 2019 @ 10:35pm CDT
Any Chance of him showing up in Australia?
Re: In-hand, comparison image of Studio Series 37 Voyager Long Haul (2016459)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on March 29th, 2019 @ 10:46pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:
Barricade can close up nice and tight. He just takes a bit of finesse to get EVERYTHING in just the right spot, but it can be done. I had a lot easier time getting Barricade lined up than say, VW Bumblebee, which is still a nightmare for me to perfect transforming. My only issue with Barricade is that one of his black rubber wings came bent right out of the package. I haven't had time yet to fix it with a hairdryer.

I've read that some people have had issues with the clear plastic on Barricade breaking. Has anyone here experienced that? I do want to get SS Barricade but not if he's going to break.

PLEASE DO NOT USE A HAIR DRYER ON YOUR TRANSFORMERS! The heat from a hair dryer can get to melting point. If you need to fix bent rubber or soft plastic pieces, use boiling water which is not hot enough to melt plastic. If you do need to use a hair dryer, please use with extreme caution. Boiling water is preferred in this scenario.

Duly noted! :shock:
Re: In-hand, comparison image of Studio Series 37 Voyager Long Haul (2016462)
Posted by william-james88 on March 29th, 2019 @ 10:52pm CDT
Prime Target wrote:Any Chance of him showing up in Australia?

Sure, wont be out for a few months though.
Re: In-hand, comparison image of Studio Series 37 Voyager Long Haul (2016464)
Posted by Extork Trion on March 29th, 2019 @ 11:00pm CDT
Finally found me a Rampage today. No complaints here. Same as you all, can't wait to be able to get them all together. I'm ok with that stubby longhaul. I'm more of a boot-cut guy anyways. No skinny jeans. Oh, and for some reason today I also picked up battle damage Megs. Are there enough differences to justify buying him? Probably not, but I have an addiction. Take that wallet!
Re: In-hand, comparison image of Studio Series 37 Voyager Long Haul (2016474)
Posted by Emerje on March 29th, 2019 @ 11:52pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:

Duly noted! :shock:

In fairness I've warped figures by accidentally boiling them too long as well so I don't think there's really a "safe" way of doing it, just use caution and do whatever you feel most comfortable with.

Emerje
Re: In-hand, comparison image of Studio Series 37 Voyager Long Haul (2016487)
Posted by noctorro on March 30th, 2019 @ 4:37am CDT
Longhaul is so cute.

Who's a cute boy, who is, yes you are Longhaul.

I love him, have a softspot for those big CAT dumptrucks.
Have both ROTF Long Hauls and they are pretty cool, but this one is better.
Re: In-hand, comparison image of Studio Series 37 Voyager Long Haul (2016488)
Posted by blackeyedprime on March 30th, 2019 @ 5:38am CDT
Other than it combining I'm pretty sure the lack of working pistons, downscaling, less paint apps means in another 10 years we will be paying more than the voyagers of today, for voyagers that are upscaled tiny turbo changers :P
Re: In-hand, comparison image of Studio Series 37 Voyager Long Haul (2016492)
Posted by Black Hat on March 30th, 2019 @ 7:19am CDT
Re: In-hand, comparison image of Studio Series 37 Voyager Long Haul (2016497)
Posted by Ig89ninja on March 30th, 2019 @ 8:49am CDT
Black Hat wrote:Looking nice! I definitely want him, but I'm tempted to track down ROTF Payload as well as a "big brother" to him. IMO the old mold, for all its inaccuracies, still looks really cool.

I can totally see where you are coming from, what makes it even harder to resist is that ROTF had clones of half the Constructicons members, so you could justify having copies of the same character!
Re: In-hand, comparison image of Studio Series 37 Voyager Long Haul (2016511)
Posted by SGMLordMirage on March 30th, 2019 @ 12:12pm CDT

SGM
Re: In-hand, comparison image of Studio Series 37 Voyager Long Haul (2016550)
Posted by Extork Trion on March 30th, 2019 @ 6:02pm CDT
He probably just escaped because there were too many Megatrons. To get reinforcements of coarse.
Re: In-hand, comparison image of Studio Series 37 Voyager Long Haul (2016557)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on March 30th, 2019 @ 7:01pm CDT
Thought the name they use for Rampage on Amazon Japan was pretty funny. :D
954D75AE-2364-4DA2-A546-9A0799DD7C36.png
Re: In-hand, comparison image of Studio Series 37 Voyager Long Haul (2016559)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 30th, 2019 @ 7:23pm CDT
Nemesis Maximo wrote:Thought the name they use for Rampage on Amazon Japan was pretty funny. :D
954D75AE-2364-4DA2-A546-9A0799DD7C36.png
Katakana Romanization fail.
Re: In-hand, comparison image of Studio Series 37 Voyager Long Haul (2016569)
Posted by BombshellDaBug on March 30th, 2019 @ 10:50pm CDT
SGMLordMirage wrote:I was out and about, spotted the SS 31 Megatron (battle damaged) at a couple of Targets here in my AO. Also wanted to joyously show an empty SS OP (bumblebee movie). This was the same Walmart that I spotted one that had been opened and the weapon taken out. Who knows maybe they put it back out and they came back to finish the job, lol.

SGM

Seems like there's been a lot of that and toy swapping going around recently.

Anyways, Long Haul looks really good. I like the more compact look he has going for him. I can also easily see him being retooled into TLK Onslaught.

Also,picked up SS Cogman recently. Nice to have a version of that guy that I could finally find at retail.
Re: In-hand, comparison image of Studio Series 37 Voyager Long Haul (2016570)
Posted by SGMLordMirage on March 30th, 2019 @ 11:12pm CDT
Can’t wait to see Long Haul as well. Speaking of TLK Onslaught, would be nice if we got the remaining Decepticons in the Studio Series line. Anyways, I know there is a lot more involved with licensing/trademark,, and such between names and manufacturers of the vehicles/bike. Things like that, oh well.
Re: In-hand, comparison image of Studio Series 37 Voyager Long Haul (2016596)
Posted by notirishman on March 31st, 2019 @ 12:54pm CDT
It's a good thing I don't have an ROTF Long Haul, but instead, I have Payload! It's perfect!

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #230 - The Search for Convoy
"The Search for Convoy"
Posted: Sunday, September 15th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition TRU Cliffjumper Complete!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Soundwave MP3 Player Prop Replica" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS WFC WAR FOR CYBERTRON SIEGE VOYAGER GREENLIGHT ACTION FIGURE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Red Wing Generations Selects War For Cybertron Box Unopened IN HAND" on EBAY
Buy "Rare Transformers BotCon Shattered Glass Ratchet Assembly Class Stickers sheet" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes sealed Windcharger & Beachcomber" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Terrorcons Blot combiner Abominus MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Terrorcons Sinnertwin combiner Abominus MOSC" on EBAY