Monday, August 1st, 2016 3:42pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 63,946

UPDATED with more images, showing Titan Master looks, comparisons with Takara Legends Headmasters, and closer looks at details and features!

Its a fun toy, I prefer the main colour of the Wallgreens version, neither it nor the SDCC version are as good as the Voyager thought.

The Wallgreens has nice blue eyes and a vibrant orange face plate with better tampos.

Transformers News: In-Hand Comparison - Transformers Titans Return and Walgreens Deluxe Brainstorm [Updated]

Update:

Credit(s): Neurie

This article was last modified on Wednesday, August 3rd, 2016 4:10am CDT

Re: In-Hand Comparison - Transformers Titans Return and Walgreens Deluxe Brainstorm [UPDATED] (1811194)
Posted by Emerje on August 1st, 2016 @ 3:50pm CDT
Nemesis Maximo wrote:
bluecatcinema wrote:
Kurona wrote:I just worry that they'll make Scorponok out of Trypticon because... well...

... those base modes are really freaking similar. Ramp in the middle, two extending parts out of each side, two spires at the back... it scares me.
I really hope they don't do it and, well, obviously they shouldn't because base modes aside even a blind dude could tell you they're nothing alike; but maybe that cynical side of me is really trying to scare me...

I highly doubt it. You can't make a scorpion out of a dinosaur, not even with the most extensive retooling. And Scorponok wouldn't be Scorponok without a scorpion mode.

I don't know, I could see it. On one hand, Scorponoc's robot mode would have the same limb placements as Tryp's, the only differences a being Scorp has longer arms and no tail in robot mode. And how involved was/is the transformation of the original Scorponoc? Doesn't he kinda just do the whole "hey look I'm a scorpion!" And then when you transform him he's just. Scorpion on two legs?

Maybe you can finagle a scorpion mode out of the dino mode, but what do you do about the bot mode? Trypticon's torso isn't the right shape for anything humanoid, his hips are too far apart and he doesn't have a proper pelvis. Scorponok's legs would have a mile wide gap between them on a squat body. There just isn't any way around making this work.

Emerje
Re: In-Hand Comparison - Transformers Titans Return and Walgreens Deluxe Brainstorm [UPDATED] (1811201)
Posted by DigitalBrave3 on August 1st, 2016 @ 4:03pm CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:We've been teased about it, we've seen it in the San Diego Comic Con 2016 Titan Force set, we've seen him as the Walgreens exclusive at SDCC in the Hasbro area (right here!), and now fellow Seibertronian Neurie offers us a very quick comparison between the standalone Titans Return deluxe Brainstorm, his Titan Force counterpart, and the Voyager from the Generations line, with Headmaster Arcana! Check out the images mirrored below, including the Titan Master Teslor - note: the Walgreens one is the more saturated one on the right.

Wow! The Walgreen's one looks a lot better! :shock:
Re: In-Hand Comparison - Transformers Titans Return and Walgreens Deluxe Brainstorm [UPDATED] (1811202)
Posted by Counterpunch on August 1st, 2016 @ 4:09pm CDT
I guess the Walgreens version looks better?

I don't know.

MtMtE has such washed out colors most of the time that I got used to the lighter color scheme.

I wish neither one was as extreme in color as they are.
Re: In-Hand Comparison - Transformers Titans Return and Walgreens Deluxe Brainstorm [UPDATED] (1811214)
Posted by Randomhero on August 1st, 2016 @ 4:44pm CDT
I got the SDCC one over the weekend with the Walgreens on me on the way. I really like the SDCC one. It's very MTMTE and so it fits with what I wanted but I'm excited to get the retail release too to see them compared.
Re: In-Hand Comparison - Transformers Titans Return and Walgreens Deluxe Brainstorm [UPDATED] (1811215)
Posted by ThunderThruster on August 1st, 2016 @ 5:02pm CDT
I must admit, I quite like the retail release over the SDCC version....
Re: In-Hand Comparison - Transformers Titans Return and Walgreens Deluxe Brainstorm [UPDATED] (1811218)
Posted by Kurona on August 1st, 2016 @ 5:23pm CDT
>prefers the colours on SDCC
>prefers the tampos on Walgreens

help me
Re: In-Hand Comparison - Transformers Titans Return and Walgreens Deluxe Brainstorm [UPDATED] (1811221)
Posted by SeventhSage on August 1st, 2016 @ 5:54pm CDT
When is the Walgreens one released?
Re: In-Hand Comparison - Transformers Titans Return and Walgreens Deluxe Brainstorm [UPDATED] (1811222)
Posted by Ironhidensh on August 1st, 2016 @ 5:57pm CDT
Re: In-Hand Comparison - Transformers Titans Return and Walgreens Deluxe Brainstorm [UPDATED] (1811226)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on August 1st, 2016 @ 6:30pm CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:I still just see Blurr vosplaying as Brainstorm. Generations version for the win.

But you need brainstorm to complete the original 6
Re: In-Hand Comparison - Transformers Titans Return and Walgreens Deluxe Brainstorm [UPDATED] (1811228)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on August 1st, 2016 @ 6:53pm CDT
Bumblebee21 wrote:

But you need brainstorm to complete the original 6

Did you count Fortress Maximus as two?
Re: In-Hand Comparison - Transformers Titans Return and Walgreens Deluxe Brainstorm [UPDATED] (1811229)
Posted by SureShot18 on August 1st, 2016 @ 6:54pm CDT
I'm sure others have said it but the Walgreens release is striking me as having a very toy inspired deco. I do prefer the SDCC lighter colors. Luckily I already have the voyager and don't need to have all the Headmasters in the same scale.
Re: In-Hand Comparison - Transformers Titans Return and Walgreens Deluxe Brainstorm [UPDATED] (1811251)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on August 1st, 2016 @ 8:58pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Bumblebee21 wrote:

But you need brainstorm to complete the original 6

Did you count Fortress Maximus as two?

No Cerebros and Arcee
Re: In-Hand Comparison - Transformers Titans Return and Walgreens Deluxe Brainstorm [UPDATED] (1811256)
Posted by Beyonder on August 1st, 2016 @ 9:02pm CDT
I know I probably should have expected this, but the Titans Return Brainstorm makes the Generations one look like a powered-up version!

DUDE. Size DOES matter!

Oh well I guess there'll be those who will be happy with baby-sized ones....
Re: In-Hand Comparison - Transformers Titans Return and Walgreens Deluxe Brainstorm [UPDATED] (1811266)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on August 1st, 2016 @ 10:20pm CDT
Bumblebee21 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Bumblebee21 wrote:

But you need brainstorm to complete the original 6

Did you count Fortress Maximus as two?

No Cerebros and Arcee

I don't really count Arcee as she's fiction-only and a toy of her was never made in G1. As for a possible TR release, expect a redeco of Chromedome like the original G1 proposal:

I really don't see them retooling Gen. Arcee.
Re: In-Hand Comparison - Transformers Titans Return and Walgreens Deluxe Brainstorm [UPDATED] (1811273)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on August 1st, 2016 @ 10:46pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Bumblebee21 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Bumblebee21 wrote:

But you need brainstorm to complete the original 6

Did you count Fortress Maximus as two?

No Cerebros and Arcee

I really don't see them retooling Gen. Arcee.

Yeah but she was made with the other 4
I think they might do the blurr mold. I don't know
Re: In-Hand Comparison - Transformers Titans Return and Walgreens Deluxe Brainstorm [UPDATED] (1811277)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 1st, 2016 @ 11:32pm CDT
Re: In-Hand Comparison - Transformers Titans Return and Walgreens Deluxe Brainstorm [UPDATED] (1811282)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on August 2nd, 2016 @ 12:27am CDT

Really? I mean, the Voyager definitely looks better... But I found the Voyager Brainstorm to be an incredibly boring figure to play with. Whereas I am enjoying the hell out of Titans Return Blurr.
Re: In-Hand Comparison - Transformers Titans Return and Walgreens Deluxe Brainstorm [UPDATED] (1811284)
Posted by DigitalBrave3 on August 2nd, 2016 @ 12:56am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:The Walgreens one has unpainted altmode guns, whereas the SDCC one has them painted gray/silver.

So what!? The G1 toy didn't have those painted as well!
Re: In-Hand Comparison - Transformers Titans Return and Walgreens Deluxe Brainstorm [UPDATED] (1811285)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 2nd, 2016 @ 1:00am CDT
Re: In-Hand Comparison - Transformers Titans Return and Walgreens Deluxe Brainstorm [UPDATED] (1811291)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on August 2nd, 2016 @ 1:40am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:I definitely like the vibrant colours of the algreens version more. Where can I get one in the UK? I prefer the deluxe figure far more than the voyager too. I had the Voyager but there were so many things I didn't like about the design and overall shape of parts (the pointy feet bugged me for example) and they're all much better on the more G1-ish Deluxe here.

I'd keep an eye on stores like ASDA and Tesco, as such exclusives tend to become regular releases in Europe. However, don't look for just the name "Brainstorm": the UK import for the SDCC set required a name change for him, he was renamed "Charon". Don't ask.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Transformers: Titans Return - DABURU & TWINFERNO - MISB" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS DARK OF THE MOON MECHTECH  AUTOBOT MUDFLAP   HASBRO 2011 BNIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Legends LG10 Arcee" on EBAY