In-hand Gallery and Thoughts Of Transformers Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok

In-hand Gallery and Thoughts Of Transformers Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok

Saturday, July 4th, 2020 8:22am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 46,776

Greetings Seibertronians! Fellow Seibertron user, LeAwesome1, recieved a special package today from InDemandToys. It was none other the Transformers: Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok! LeAwesome1 has graciously agreed to share a whole host of photos of this latest, most wanted, titan. Check the users thoughts and their grand glorious gallery below!

LeAwesome1 wrote:Okay, so my thoughts on ER Scorponok:

To sum it up, this is one of my favourite figures I own at the moment. He is hands down my favourite titan figure, which is tough to say considering I absolutely adore Omega Supreme. I just love the aesthetic of this figure, and its actually fun to transform and display (unlike Fort Max/Trypticon). He is incredibly articulated, including a neck joint to allow him to look down one click which I think is such a good feature. Makes him feel very imposing looking down on his enemies. He is also incredible hefty, it feels worth the price tag, and really doesn't feel hollow. Only minor hollow part is in his legs but thats just for where his feet go in the other modes. All space is used up by every mode, and its incredible.

For the alt modes, I definitely prefer scorpion mode, its just huge and imposing and I love how well it pulls it off. My only minor complaint is I feel it could have done with another joint in the arms more in the middle to make a more natural bend of the claw, but that is a VERY minor complaint, it still looks great as is. The base mode doesn't look like anything special, but I wasn't expecting it to be. It does the job well enough, and thats the most important part of it! I think its also good they included a spot to store the head in base mode, as well as an area for the titan master to ride the scorpion mode (even if you do have to untransform him a bit).

Zarak looks great, and feels great. Kind of sucky that you have to remove the orange ears to put them on the back, but honestly its another very minor complaint on an otherwise perfect figure. Even Zarak has ankle pivot! Miles better than Cerebros, even if he is smaller!

Overall I'm incredibly impressed with this figure, a good final pit stop before stopping my collecting days, go out with a bang as they say! Would recommend this to anyone who is even remotely interested!

Also, in response to a previous comment, the visor is detachable, however you need to remove a screw to do so. I thought I'd have to put the screw back in, but it actually holds in very well without, so leaving the screw loose gives you the option permanently!

Box:

Transformers News: In-hand Gallery and Thoughts Of Transformers Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok

Robot Mode (Toes not transformed correctly):

Scorpion Mode:

Base Mode:

Zarak:

More comparisons (Toes transformed correctly):

Are you getting this titan? Do you think he stacks up? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): LeAwesome1 from Seibertron

Re: In-hand Gallery and Thoughts Of Transformers Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok (2070359)
Posted by SGMLordMirage on July 4th, 2020 @ 8:40am CDT
Love the photos, he looks amazing, cannot wait to receive mine.

SGM
Re: In-hand Gallery and Thoughts Of Transformers Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok (2070363)
Posted by AutobotAlvaron on July 4th, 2020 @ 9:05am CDT
Wow! Titan Scorponok looks GREAT!

:???: It seems like he's an all-new mold with no mold/ parts-sharing. Is that right? There were those who said he was a heavy re-mold of Omega Supreme.

I only wish he included his big orange rifle, his elevator, the other two double-cannons, & whatever city-mode bits Hasbro always leaves out due to budgetary restraints. Oh well, 3rd Party add-ons to the rescue, again! :lol:

I hope this mold gets a Black Zarak repaint/ remold. :P
Re: In-hand Gallery and Thoughts Of Transformers Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok (2070364)
Posted by LeAwesome1 on July 4th, 2020 @ 9:08am CDT
AutobotAlvaron wrote:Wow! Titan Scorponok looks GREAT!

I hope this mold gets a Black Zarak repaint/ remold. :P

Entirely his own mould, I see nothing that has been shared what so ever! I own both, so I just had a gloss over, and I thought the legs may have been shared but they are not!
Re: In-hand Gallery and Thoughts Of Transformers Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok (2070365)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on July 4th, 2020 @ 9:13am CDT
I don't get every titan .... but I'm gonna get this.

I saw that his head was cross compatible with Fort Max's too. Not something I expected, but was glad to see.
Re: In-hand Gallery and Thoughts Of Transformers Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok (2070366)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 4th, 2020 @ 9:14am CDT
AutobotAlvaron wrote:Wow! Titan Scorponok looks GREAT!

I hope this mold gets a Black Zarak repaint/ remold. :P

Where did you hear that? I've never heard he was going to be a remold. The only titan to ever be a retool was Fortress Maximus.
Re: In-hand Gallery and Thoughts Of Transformers Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok (2070367)
Posted by LeAwesome1 on July 4th, 2020 @ 9:21am CDT
Got some more pictures of the box as requested, you can see Bumblebee and Doubledealer on there
20200704_151136.jpg

20200704_151217.jpg

20200704_151146.jpg

20200704_151151.jpg

I also noticed a gunshot coming from round the corner, and is that who I think it is firing?
20200704_151200.jpg

20200704_151203.jpg

Is that Megatron? :shock:
Re: In-hand Gallery and Thoughts Of Transformers Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok (2070368)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 4th, 2020 @ 9:27am CDT
Re: In-hand Gallery and Thoughts Of Transformers Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok (2070369)
Posted by Skritz on July 4th, 2020 @ 9:45am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:I noted that Megatron was firing on Scorponok back when we had the box reveal :-? I wonder what the angle is with it. Afterall according to the Japanese G1 timeline, Megs and Optimus did ally together for a while (the truce broke down in the lead up to the Japanese G2 release), megs became a good guy in the IDW stories, Transformers Prime had him renouncing evil at its end. I can't remember what happened with megs in the prime wars trilogy though, other than he was snarky as hell but wasn't the bad guy. Are we about to see a twist in this tale?

It would be so weird if the mandatory Megatron of the next line was an Autobot. :HEADHURTS:
Re: In-hand Gallery and Thoughts Of Transformers Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok (2070371)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 4th, 2020 @ 10:11am CDT
Skritz wrote:

Well there's plenty speculation that the next line will have a... Different sort of Megatron, of the purple dinosaur sort.
Re: In-hand Gallery and Thoughts Of Transformers Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok (2070372)
Posted by sol magnus on July 4th, 2020 @ 10:20am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:
Skritz wrote:

It could very well be that Skorponok poses a threat to the Autobots AND Decepticons. Megatron has no shortage of potential usurpers in his circle.
Re: In-hand Gallery and Thoughts Of Transformers Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok (2070373)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 4th, 2020 @ 10:29am CDT
Re: In-hand Gallery and Thoughts Of Transformers Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok (2070374)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 4th, 2020 @ 10:47am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:As long as they don't have Starscream possessing Scorponok ala the Titan's Return cartoon :lol:
Instead, he'll possess Bumblebee. :P
Re: In-hand Gallery and Thoughts Of Transformers Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok (2070376)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 4th, 2020 @ 10:57am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Instead, he'll possess Bumblebee. :P

Now that's a twist!
Re: In-hand Gallery and Thoughts Of Transformers Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok (2070377)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on July 4th, 2020 @ 11:03am CDT
I think he's gorgeous but I just don't like Scorponok as a Titan-sized character. I ended up using my ebay earnings to finally buy PE Warden and Botcon Scorponok - they'll be repping the characters in my collection now.
Re: In-hand Gallery and Thoughts Of Transformers Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok (2070378)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 4th, 2020 @ 11:05am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Instead, he'll possess Bumblebee. :P

Now that's a twist!
Then he'll jump around and possess Optimus, Megatron, Arcee, Soundwave, Shockwave, Ultra Magnus, and more.

And with Starscream being Starscream, he won't wisen up to realize that he could have just stayed inside Megatron and taken over the Decepticons that way. :roll:
Re: In-hand Gallery and Thoughts Of Transformers Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok (2070379)
Posted by o.supreme on July 4th, 2020 @ 11:16am CDT
Re: In-hand Gallery and Thoughts Of Transformers Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok (2070380)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 4th, 2020 @ 11:22am CDT
o.supreme wrote:Scorponok looks great! Nice to finally have a Decepticon Titan that scales well with his Autobot counterpart. ASo...whay are some areas getting this now, and U.S. has to wait until September (the fans in Japan have to wait until November...). I know regional packaging may have something to do with it, but I believed most countries that have multilingual packaging should theoretically all get it about the same time...Oh well....*patience*

BBTS’s preorders have Scorponok pegged for a mid-July release. Then again, they also said that SS Overload was supposed to be last month and still no word on him so.....
Re: In-hand Gallery and Thoughts Of Transformers Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok (2070382)
Posted by Lore Keeper on July 4th, 2020 @ 12:02pm CDT
Re: In-hand Gallery and Thoughts Of Transformers Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok (2070383)
Posted by Starseeker on July 4th, 2020 @ 12:11pm CDT
Lore Keeper wrote:Image

Couldn't have said it better myself. It's becoming extremely frustrating.
Re: In-hand Gallery and Thoughts Of Transformers Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok (2070384)
Posted by sol magnus on July 4th, 2020 @ 12:36pm CDT
Yesterday I was talking trash about Maryland stores not getting any Battlemasters. Hit up Target last night to try and score another Seeker Elite pack for a good buddy of mine, and walk right into a display of Smashdown and Soundbarrier. I was unsuccessful on the Seekers, but I picked up Soundbarrier.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #256 - Netflix and Siege
"Netflix and Siege"
Posted: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Prowl Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botbots Series 1 - Burgertron, Poo Sham & Sticky McGee" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Prime Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botbots series 1 Spud Muffin #12" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS03 Galactic Man Shockwave Authentic" on EBAY
Buy "2013 Hasbro Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Night Shadow Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BERSERKER - THE LAST KNIGHT PREMIER EDITION. NEW!" on EBAY