In-Hand Image - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG23 Galvatron

In-Hand Image - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG23 Galvatron

Saturday, April 30th, 2016 4:21am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 44,698

Via a notification from fellow Seibertronian Logan79, we have a TFYuki tease of the Takara Tomy Unite Warriors Grand Galvatron box - but more importantly, of the upcoming Legends LG23 Galvatron, the Takara counterpart to the Titans Return Voyager. Check it out mirrored below!

Transformers News: In-Hand Image - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG23 Galvatron

Credit(s): TFYUki

Re: In-Hand Image - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG23 Galvatron (1785584)
Posted by YoungPrime on April 30th, 2016 @ 8:31am CDT

Hasbro's version of Galvatron will do (I prefer that color more) but I'm hoping that 3rd party has the sense to be already working on a new head with crown attached as well as a better arm cannon or port that can place it on the side of his arm instead of always being on top like that. Other than those skinny thighs which I guess can't be changed, I think the figure is alright.
Re: In-Hand Image - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG23 Galvatron (1785585)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on April 30th, 2016 @ 8:42am CDT
It looks like his head is turned, doesnt it?
Re: In-Hand Image - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG23 Galvatron (1785589)
Posted by Kurona on April 30th, 2016 @ 9:38am CDT
Nemesis Maximo wrote:It looks like his head is turned, doesnt it?

It was already shown that his head can turn with the crown.
Re: In-Hand Image - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG23 Galvatron (1785594)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on April 30th, 2016 @ 10:09am CDT
Kurona wrote:
Nemesis Maximo wrote:It looks like his head is turned, doesnt it?

It was already shown that his head can turn with the crown.

Ah, guess I missed that. Where/when was it shown? Was it BotCon or somewhere else?
Re: In-Hand Image - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG23 Galvatron (1785602)
Posted by Autobot N on April 30th, 2016 @ 10:42am CDT
I don't know about you guys, but I received a personal demonstration from a staff member that Galvatron's head can turn while wearing the crown.
Re: In-Hand Image - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG23 Galvatron (1785611)
Posted by william-james88 on April 30th, 2016 @ 11:18am CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:

Thats one hell of a backpack. Whats up with that long black piece riding up behind his head? Reminds me of BH Starscream.
Re: In-Hand Image - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG23 Galvatron (1785614)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on April 30th, 2016 @ 11:30am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote:

It's mistransformed. That long assembly sticking outward from his back can be folded down 90 degrees. The tip of it will be visible between his legs from the front, though. At any rate, you can most certainly change the angle of his dangle. ;)
Re: In-Hand Image - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG23 Galvatron (1785622)
Posted by ScottyP on April 30th, 2016 @ 11:58am CDT
But G1 Galvatron just has a backpack. Why is this figure having one any wonder?
Re: In-Hand Image - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG23 Galvatron (1785623)
Posted by william-james88 on April 30th, 2016 @ 12:03pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:But G1 Galvatron just has a backpack. Why is this figure having one any wonder?

I was referring more to that long black piece. And just because G1 had it doesnt mean Hasbro cant improve over it. I thought they didnt want to feel chained to G1 (their words). And in any case, this isnt G1 Galvatron, its their new take on him.
Re: In-Hand Image - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG23 Galvatron (1785654)
Posted by dragons on April 30th, 2016 @ 2:29pm CDT
YoungPrime wrote:That stance looks cool. But overall I think this is a C+ effort of the mold. What's going for it is the fact that the 2.0 version was so crappy that any improved version would be welcomed.

Doesn't matter what pose they put this figure in dramatic poses on toys and proper trnasformations doesn't make my decision for me it how figure looks I don't like how figure looks I don't buy it it's ok in not mode ship mode not liking canon mode is ok
Re: In-Hand Image - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG23 Galvatron (1785655)
Posted by Kurona on April 30th, 2016 @ 2:31pm CDT
... I... beg your pardon??

Anywho I think this might be one of the few times I consider buying both Takara and Hasbro's take on the mold despite being the exact same character and toy - Hasbro's represents what imo should be Galvatron's colour scheme, while Takara's is... a bit more reminiscent of Marvel's Galvatron II. Who is the craziest most insane fucker out there and I love him for it
Re: In-Hand Image - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG23 Galvatron (1785689)
Posted by william-james88 on April 30th, 2016 @ 5:02pm CDT
Kurona wrote:... I... beg your pardon??

Hes using either a translator or a an app that writes what you say or both.
Re: In-Hand Image - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG23 Galvatron (1785696)
Posted by Agamemnon on April 30th, 2016 @ 5:27pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

I don't know....he looks very G1 inspired to me, backpack included...

Re: In-Hand Image - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG23 Galvatron (1785697)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on April 30th, 2016 @ 5:29pm CDT
Aw, yeah! An official voyager Galvatron! :APPLAUSE:

Not that I don't already have several Galvatrons. It's still nice to see Galvy at this size class done officially. When I have more room I really have to make a Galvatron display. Maybe Galvatron VS Hot Rod....
Re: In-Hand Image - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG23 Galvatron (1785699)
Posted by Optimum Supreme on April 30th, 2016 @ 5:31pm CDT
Kurona wrote:... I... beg your pardon??

Anywho I think this might be one of the few times I consider buying both Takara and Hasbro's take on the mold despite being the exact same character and toy - Hasbro's represents what imo should be Galvatron's colour scheme, while Takara's is... a bit more reminiscent of Marvel's Galvatron II. Who is the craziest most insane **** out there and I love him for it

Galvatron II is pretty much just Galvatron in G1 toy colors, which this is not. He'd need gray, not light purple, as his main torso color to fit that version. To me it looks like Takara is still going for toon colors, just a different interpretation of how dark he should be (since the animation wasn't always consistant).
Re: In-Hand Image - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG23 Galvatron (1785706)
Posted by william-james88 on April 30th, 2016 @ 5:48pm CDT
Agamemnon wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

I don't know....he looks very G1 inspired to me, backpack included...

So he was a headmaster in G1 then?

Just messing, your right Scotty and Agamemnon, he looks pretty darn good and spot on. And for the record my main cause for concern was that weird antenna.
Re: In-Hand Image - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG23 Galvatron (1785828)
Posted by fenrir72 on May 1st, 2016 @ 4:45am CDT
Re: In-Hand Image - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG23 Galvatron (1786033)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 1st, 2016 @ 8:59pm CDT
I'm liking the looks of the mold there. Can't wait for it! :MAXIMAL:
Re: In-Hand Image - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG23 Galvatron (1786039)
Posted by fenrir72 on May 1st, 2016 @ 9:12pm CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:I'm liking the looks of the mold there. Can't wait for it! :MAXIMAL:

Me hopes the so called mis assembled parts are fixed here. (we need a cross your fingers emoticon here)
Re: In-Hand Image - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG23 Galvatron (1786115)
Posted by william-james88 on May 2nd, 2016 @ 6:25am CDT
fenrir72 wrote:

there this instead: :PRAY:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #277 - Daring to Be Stupid
"Daring to Be Stupid"
Posted: Sunday, May 30th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Commemorative Series 9 Ricochet 2004 NO NIGHTSTICK TRU Excl EX Cond" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TURTLER / SNAPTRAP Takara TT-GS03 New in Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects G2 Megatron, Netflix Hotlink Target Red Wing" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Scorponok shield original" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege: War for Cybertron Deluxe Class Autobot Chromia Brand New" on EBAY