In-Hand Image: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Elites Box Set

In-Hand Image: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Elites Box Set

Sunday, December 16th, 2012 11:11am CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 27,777

Hot on the heels of yesterday's images of the Takara Tomy Asian Market Exclusive Transformers United Seekers: Aces Box Set, we now have our first in-hand images of the follow up set Seekers: Elites. This set features the Classics mold Coneheads Dirge, Ramjet, and Thrust with new metallic paint apps in a snazzy collectors display box. Check out the image courtesy of the Planet Iacon facebook page mirrored below:

Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Aces Box Set

Credit(s): Planet Iacon

Re: In-Hand Image: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Elites Box Set (1447029)
Posted by Rated X on December 16th, 2012 @ 12:25pm CST
Since my Henkei Ramjet is perfectly cartoon accurate, I just cant justify spending $130 bucks not to have annoying patterens on the wings of Thrust and Dirge. Plus I always hated the backwards faction signs, I like them facing fowards in jet mode and right side up in robot mode.
Re: In-Hand Image: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Elites Box Set (1447032)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 16th, 2012 @ 12:41pm CST
Urgh... $130 for both Aces and Elites...

But in regards to both boxes and sets of figures:

Re: In-Hand Image: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Elites Box Set (1447120)
Posted by ausbot on December 16th, 2012 @ 8:38pm CST
Rainmaker set please.
Re: In-Hand Image: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Elites Box Set (1447121)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 16th, 2012 @ 8:41pm CST
ausbot wrote:Rainmaker set please.

Acid Storm, Thundercracker-ish person, and Sunstorm.

Sounds legit.
Re: In-Hand Image: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Elites Box Set (1447123)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 16th, 2012 @ 8:57pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:
ausbot wrote:Rainmaker set please.

Acid Storm, Thundercracker-ish person, and Sunstorm.

Sounds legit.
Sunstorm's more of a golden-orangish yellow than lemon/banana yellow. ;)
Re: In-Hand Image: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Elites Box Set (1447148)
Posted by Rated X on December 16th, 2012 @ 10:26pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
ausbot wrote:Rainmaker set please.

Acid Storm, Thundercracker-ish person, and Sunstorm.

Sounds legit.
Sunstorm's more of a golden-orangish yellow than lemon/banana yellow. ;)

Has/Tak couldnt top these if they tried...

Re: In-Hand Image: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Elites Box Set (1448668)
Posted by El Duque on December 23rd, 2012 @ 1:48am CST
The Hobbybase facebook page has shared some in-hand images of Takara Tomy's Transformers United Seekes: Aces box set. The set includes redecos of the Classics universe mold Seekers Starscream, Skywarp, and Thundercracker featuring metallic paint apps and collectors packaging. Check out the images we've mirrored below.

Re: In-Hand Image: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Elites Box Set (1448678)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on December 23rd, 2012 @ 3:14am CST
*sighs*

Ok, I guess I have no choice but to grab these guys, seeing as how my Classics Starscream is turning to crap and I never got the chance to get Skywarp and Thundercracker.
Re: In-Hand Image: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Elites Box Set (1448680)
Posted by robotmel on December 23rd, 2012 @ 3:30am CST
"Oh my!"
Re: In-Hand Image: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Elites Box Set (1448686)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on December 23rd, 2012 @ 4:07am CST
robotmel wrote:Image
"Oh my!"

Re: In-Hand Image: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Elites Box Set (1448690)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on December 23rd, 2012 @ 4:29am CST
Oh my indeed!! Seems to me of the 3 Skywarp's paint aps are richer and bold looking IMO. I think as these become available on ebay someone is bound to separate the set then I'll be able to pick up this great looking Skywarp. :VEHI:
Re: In-Hand Image: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Elites Box Set (1448702)
Posted by robotmel on December 23rd, 2012 @ 6:20am CST
:D
I still need a Classics Skywarp and a Ramjet!

Of all the reused molds this Seeker one covers a whole load of characters. Well done Hasbro! ;)

Starscream, Thundercracker, Dirge, Thrust all accounted for plus Acid storm and an old CHMS yellow Rainmaker/possible Sunstorm clone?

Still wished they had made this mold slightly larger, just a touch. :-?

Wasnt there a blue dude in the storyline called Ice Storm or was he just fanfiction/customs? :???:
Re: In-Hand Image: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Elites Box Set (1448710)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on December 23rd, 2012 @ 6:40am CST
I keep going back and forth on whether I should get the set. I've been wanting to get a complete set of seekers for my neo-G1 collection, but I don't know if I should save the cash for Takara's inevitable version 2 MP Skywarp and Thundercracker.

The classics deluxe sizes don't scale so well with MP-10 Optimus.

I like these, but arm articulation sucks with the nul-rays attached.

Currently I've only got Generations Thundercracker.
Re: In-Hand Image: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Elites Box Set (1448715)
Posted by robotmel on December 23rd, 2012 @ 7:13am CST
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:...but I don't know if I should save the cash for Takara's inevitable version 2 MP Skywarp and Thundercracker.

With the US retail version of new-mold V2 Thundercracker doing the rounds, it would be very lazy but inevitable of Takara/Hasbro to put out MP Skywarp again. Shame they dont put out the Coneheads.
Where the iGear Coneheads the exact same scale/height as the Hasbro ones? :???:
Re: In-Hand Image: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Elites Box Set (1448718)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on December 23rd, 2012 @ 7:39am CST
robotmel wrote:

Where the iGear Coneheads the exact same scale/height as the Hasbro ones? :???:

Re: In-Hand Image: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Elites Box Set (1448719)
Posted by Dyn@mo on December 23rd, 2012 @ 8:17am CST
What's with the horrible cheap looking grey plastic on Starscream?
His wings, arms and legs look like they're made of old soap.
Soapscream.

Thundercracker looks good.

Don't like the use of purple on Skywarp.
Re: In-Hand Image: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Elites Box Set (1448721)
Posted by Powered Convoy on December 23rd, 2012 @ 8:35am CST
I posted a much better gallery of these figures here days ago and they go ignored. Images from somewhere else days later and much worse, don't? ):(

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 631&type=3

Randy
Re: In-Hand Image: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Elites Box Set (1448750)
Posted by superchook6909 on December 23rd, 2012 @ 11:43am CST
Tell Skywarp to close his Boobiemissiles. lol
I have all Classic/Generations Seekers through Retail.
Both Starscreams.
Skywarp without the Decepticon emblem.
And Thundercracker with the emblem reversed.
Re: In-Hand Image: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Elites Box Set (1448761)
Posted by DinobotSix on December 23rd, 2012 @ 12:26pm CST
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:I'm worried that with Hasbro's release of MP Thundercracker, Takara might skip him. Hopefully Takara will release all three V2 MP seekers. The local TRU sucks, and the wasn't a single Hasbro MP Thindercracker in sight.

My local TRU has like 10 'crackers on the shelf. No MP10 Primes though...=(

They'll probably be dumping them next month on ebay or what not.
I guess nobody but me was crazy enough to spend $75 on a present for their nephew! =D
Re: In-Hand Image: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Elites Box Set (1448847)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on December 23rd, 2012 @ 7:57pm CST
DinobotSix wrote:

My local TRU has like 10 'crackers on the shelf. No MP10 Primes though...=(

They'll probably be dumping them next month on ebay or what not.

My local TRU doesn't bring in MP anything. All my MP TF's have to be purchased at a hobby store that sells Japanese imports.

Man, you're possibly one of the coolest uncles in the world!

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #261 - Ratchets, Tigers and Planes
"Ratchets, Tigers and Planes"
Posted: Sunday, October 11th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Collaborative Ghostbusters Ecto-1 Ectotron with Slimer MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G2 Reveal the Shield Deluxe Optimus Prime MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Mirage WFC-S43" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SIEGE War for Cybertron Voyager Class OPTIMUS PRIME Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Lot Springer and Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Mirage Deluxe Class" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Generations War for Cybertron Deluxe Mirage Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Autobot SPRINGER Siege War for Cybertron Trilogy WFC-S38 by Hasbro" on EBAY