In-Hand Images of Amazon Exclusive Unicron

Transformers News: In-Hand Images of Amazon Exclusive Unicron

Wednesday, August 24th, 2011 8:50am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 33,972

A few in-hand images of the upcoming Amazon exclusive Unicron have been surfaced over on ACToys. Good enough to replace Takara's Welcome to Transformers 2010 version as your G1 Unicron? Take a look at the images mirrored below.

Credit(s): ACToys

This article was last modified on Wednesday, August 24th, 2011 1:48pm CDT

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: In-Hand Images of Amazon Exclusive Unicron (1280791)
Posted by GetRightRobot on August 24th, 2011 @ 9:04am CDT
I would like to see this next to the Tak 2010 version, but from what I can see in this picture, IMO, Takara wins.
Re: In-Hand Images of Amazon Exclusive Unicron (1280792)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on August 24th, 2011 @ 9:04am CDT
Wow, you make it look better in those pictures than any of the released photos of this guy. Very nice, I hope I can grab one soon!
Re: In-Hand Images of Amazon Exclusive Unicron (1280797)
Posted by Maquese on August 24th, 2011 @ 9:20am CDT
Totally interested in picking this up, even if I do already own the original Armada version. Any ideas when Amazon is actually going to list it?

I'd love to make it a little more movie accurate in robot mode. Maybe remove the "mandibles" on the shoulders, and the planet parts on the sides of the legs. Not much of a modder though. It was hard enough to muster the courage to replace the smokestacks on my Hasbro 20th Anniversary Masterpiece Optimus Prime :P
Re: In-Hand Images of Amazon Exclusive Unicron (1280799)
Posted by User897 on August 24th, 2011 @ 9:31am CDT
Any chance we can get pictures of the eyes and hand lit up?
Re: In-Hand Images of Amazon Exclusive Unicron (1280801)
Posted by GuyIncognito on August 24th, 2011 @ 9:32am CDT
Very nice looking, but the usage of baby blue makes him look much less evil, which is NOT a good thing.
Re: In-Hand Images of Amazon Exclusive Unicron (1280815)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 24th, 2011 @ 10:26am CDT
Wish it had a little more orange on its body instead of so much gray.
Re: In-Hand Images of Amazon Exclusive Unicron (1280816)
Posted by Giant Purple Griffin on August 24th, 2011 @ 10:27am CDT
I like that the mini-con is called Kranix. I guess his alt-mode would be Lithone--something for Unicron to eat rather than a minion.

Also, as to the baby-blue, here it is in evil action:

Re: In-Hand Images of Amazon Exclusive Unicron (1280821)
Posted by BeastProwl on August 24th, 2011 @ 10:40am CDT
I'm sorry for that, but it just peeves me to no end the constant re-use of this fragile mold. Is it so hard to make a new one? Well guess what hasbro? Are you listening? TF Prime's got Unicron on the way! You HAVE To make a new mold of him! I swear, If unicron pops up in TF Prime and looks JUST like THIS for design's sake, I'll camp outside of Hasbro's main executive office building for the rest of my life until we get more than new paint and a new head!
Re: In-Hand Images of Amazon Exclusive Unicron (1280829)
Posted by kirbenvost on August 24th, 2011 @ 10:53am CDT
Still looks amazing, and still totally getting it.
Re: In-Hand Images of Amazon Exclusive Unicron (1280835)
Posted by Janus Prime on August 24th, 2011 @ 11:06am CDT
Re: In-Hand Images of Amazon Exclusive Unicron (1280837)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 24th, 2011 @ 11:07am CDT
Janus Prime wrote:Do we have a price on this yet? If it´s under $100 I will make, I mean, I´ll ask my brother to buy it to me for Christmas. Otherwise I would feel guilty.
IIRC, $59.99.
Re: In-Hand Images of Amazon Exclusive Unicron (1280838)
Posted by Seibertron on August 24th, 2011 @ 11:09am CDT
I hope everyone remembers that it was HASBRO, not Takara Tomy, that came out with the best version of Unicron. This whole thing about Hasbro comes out with inferior products to Takara Tomy has always been bull in my opinion. It's all about which of the two companies comes out with a product second. They're wise to collectors buying both versions when products are different enough so they both do their best to make the 2nd release of a figure appealing enough to collectors.

Depending on the price, I might just have to grab two of these.
Re: In-Hand Images of Amazon Exclusive Unicron (1280841)
Posted by Seibertron on August 24th, 2011 @ 11:19am CDT
I am really looking forward to this version of Unicron, especially after being so severely disappointed with the $130 - $150 version I paid for Takara Tomy's Unicron last year. TT Unicron will go in storage after this new version comes out.
Re: In-Hand Images of Amazon Exclusive Unicron (1280846)
Posted by Janus Prime on August 24th, 2011 @ 11:26am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
IIRC, $59.99.

Thanks a lot!
The toy is waaaay cheaper than I expected... hopefully you recall correctly.
Re: In-Hand Images of Amazon Exclusive Unicron (1280848)
Posted by Seibertron on August 24th, 2011 @ 11:28am CDT
Do we know which month this year this product will be released on Amazon.com?
Re: In-Hand Images of Amazon Exclusive Unicron (1280862)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 24th, 2011 @ 11:47am CDT
Seibertron wrote:Do we know which month this year this product will be released on Amazon.com?
Last I heard, this October. Hopefully this info doesn't change.
Re: In-Hand Images of Amazon Exclusive Unicron (1280863)
Posted by MGrotusque on August 24th, 2011 @ 11:48am CDT
BeastProwl wrote:he's cool, ok? Happy? Now bring us a new Unicron mold with Orson Wells Quotes! Armadacron is boring and feels bricky and outdated, new head or not! The Cybertron tank Unicron was Blasphamy! TeenyTinyCron! I want, no, I NEED A new Mold of Unicron!

I mostly agree with you. I agree that this version is boring and done to death. To me it's the pinnacle as to Hasbro's efforts they will put towards this character toy wise and won't release a whole new mold anytime soon.

If they did.....the new mold i would want them to release would be the G1 prototype that never saw the light of day at retail complete with Orson Wells sound bytes. That thing is SPECTACULAR in my opinion.

As for Prime getting a Unicron? That's yet to be seen and I bet it wouldn't be supreme class either. I'm happy with the armada one i have anyways. I wouldn't shell out another 80 bucks for another supreme Unicron.

Unless it's the G1 version :P
Re: In-Hand Images of Amazon Exclusive Unicron (1280866)
Posted by starwarrior1227 on August 24th, 2011 @ 11:57am CDT
how much does his evilship cost?
Re: In-Hand Images of Amazon Exclusive Unicron (1280867)
Posted by User897 on August 24th, 2011 @ 11:58am CDT
kirbenvost wrote:Still looks amazing, and still totally getting it.

Seconded.
Re: In-Hand Images of Amazon Exclusive Unicron (1280873)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 24th, 2011 @ 12:06pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
IIRC, $59.99.

Just a few posts up! :P ...and it seems I made a new page. Go figure.

The price puts me in a dilemma. I want both MP Rodimus Prime and Unicron, and I'm going state-side in October. It's one or the other....

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #241 - Toy Fair 2020
"Toy Fair 2020"
Posted: Monday, February 24th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Universe AUTOBOT HOUND Generations -  New In Pakg . 25 Yrs. Anni." on EBAY
Buy "NEW SDCC 2013 G.I. Joe Transformers JETFIRE HOUND BARONESS RAVAGE SNAKE EYES!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bot Shots Acid Storm & GI Joe Steeler" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS FIRE TRUCK QUAD HEAT WAVE BRUSH FIRE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SOUNDBLASTER voyager Fall Of Cybertron LOOSE complete Buzzsaw" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Power of the Spark Sonic Swirl Slipstream By Hasbro New" on EBAY
Buy "SDCC 2009 Transformers G1 Soundwave and 4 "Tapes" - 25th Anniversary Reissue" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Classics Grimlock" on EBAY