In-hand images of Generations GDO Voyager Megatron

Transformers News: In-hand images of Generations GDO Voyager Megatron

Sunday, September 30th, 2012 2:04PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Store News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 40,236

A nice gallery of GDO Voyager Megatron has been posted by the facebook group Meteor Operation. As you know by now this figure sports the body of ROTF Bludgeon with a new Megatron head and some very nice paint apps. Look for this figure at a Toys'R'Us near you sometime this fall. Check out the eye candy below.

In-hand images of GDO Voyager Megatron

In-hand images of GDO Voyager Megatron

In-hand images of GDO Voyager Megatron

In-hand images of GDO Voyager Megatron

In-hand images of GDO Voyager Megatron

In-hand images of GDO Voyager Megatron

In-hand images of GDO Voyager Megatron

In-hand images of GDO Voyager Megatron

In-hand images of GDO Voyager Megatron

In-hand images of GDO Voyager Megatron
Credit(s): Meteor Operation Facebook
Re: In-hand images of Generations GDO Voyager Megatron (1425397)
Posted by Crystal Rodimus on September 30th, 2012 @ 2:17pm CDT
That headsculpt is AWESOME, but the rest of it? :SICK:
Re: In-hand images of Generations GDO Voyager Megatron (1425398)
Posted by RhA on September 30th, 2012 @ 2:30pm CDT
Re: In-hand images of Generations GDO Voyager Megatron (1425399)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on September 30th, 2012 @ 2:35pm CDT
RhA wrote:This could have been better. It's a movie mold with a G2 head... Two good things who really don't seem to like each other.

Did you like BotCon Gigatron? ;)

Re: In-hand images of Generations GDO Voyager Megatron (1425402)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on September 30th, 2012 @ 2:50pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:I don't have Movie Bludgeon at all, so he'll be welcomed in my collection big time.

you and me both
Re: In-hand images of Generations GDO Voyager Megatron (1425403)
Posted by BeastProwl on September 30th, 2012 @ 2:51pm CDT
This. This is just so...right. To me, everything clicks. I don't know why, but I love it to bits. It's a Megatron, a samurai, a tank, g2 neon colors. It's perfect.

Stateside release? Or no?
Re: In-hand images of Generations GDO Voyager Megatron (1425404)
Posted by XDMan on September 30th, 2012 @ 2:55pm CDT
Well, does look better than the Classics two pack version.
Re: In-hand images of Generations GDO Voyager Megatron (1425409)
Posted by juise on September 30th, 2012 @ 3:18pm CDT
Am I the only person that sees a parliament judge (ie english judge with the powdered wig and face paint) when I look at that head?
Re: In-hand images of Generations GDO Voyager Megatron (1425413)
Posted by TulioDude on September 30th, 2012 @ 3:36pm CDT
Looks fun.
Re: In-hand images of Generations GDO Voyager Megatron (1425414)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 30th, 2012 @ 3:41pm CDT
Something about that face feels... off.

*snaps fingers* I got it! It's the smile. I just can see a Megatron having that kind of smirky grin on his face. It's so Starscreamish.

Which means that, if it weren't for the :CON: symbols (and a bit less purple with more gray), this figure would make a decent update to Megastorm instead. ;)

Re: In-hand images of Generations GDO Voyager Megatron (1425415)
Posted by NTESHFT on September 30th, 2012 @ 3:49pm CDT
I wish this could have been a new mold.
Re: In-hand images of Generations GDO Voyager Megatron (1425417)
Posted by YRQRM0 on September 30th, 2012 @ 3:58pm CDT
Interesting...if I didn't already have Bludgeon I might consider it.
Re: In-hand images of Generations GDO Voyager Megatron (1425418)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 30th, 2012 @ 4:06pm CDT
That smirk makes me go "Meh". I'd rather have a past Voyager mold retooled as G1/G2 Optimus, since I never had the priviledge of getting the first Classics toy, and I'm not going to pay an arm and a leg to get one from a scalper.

I'll stick it on my "Maybe" list.
Re: In-hand images of Generations GDO Voyager Megatron (1425419)
Posted by Dinomask on September 30th, 2012 @ 4:07pm CDT
He looks like he's got boobs.
Re: In-hand images of Generations GDO Voyager Megatron (1425420)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 30th, 2012 @ 4:10pm CDT
Dinomask wrote:He looks like he's got boobs.

Throw ROTF Bludgeon, Classics/Timelines Gigatron, and HFTD Banzaitron to that list.
Re: In-hand images of Generations GDO Voyager Megatron (1425422)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 30th, 2012 @ 4:35pm CDT
Ugh...

That head is pretty fun looking but it does not fit AT ALL with that body. Also, why fluo green?

I may buy this ONLY if it come to Québec and ONLY if it's on sale.
I already have Bludgeon and Banzaitron afterall.
Re: In-hand images of Generations GDO Voyager Megatron (1425424)
Posted by DevastaTTor on September 30th, 2012 @ 4:44pm CDT

I'm sure there's a better G2 Megatron coming from a 3P toy maker somewhere in the future.
Re: In-hand images of Generations GDO Voyager Megatron (1425427)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 30th, 2012 @ 4:54pm CDT
DevastaTTor wrote:Nice but I wish he had different feet and some camo. As he looks now, he's a no for me.

I would have remolded the chest, the hands, feet, arms, legs, and waist.
Just sayan.
Re: In-hand images of Generations GDO Voyager Megatron (1425429)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 30th, 2012 @ 5:12pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

I would have remolded the chest, the hands, feet, arms, legs, and waist.
Just sayan.

Pretty much the whole darn thing.
Re: In-hand images of Generations GDO Voyager Megatron (1425434)
Posted by griftimus prime on September 30th, 2012 @ 5:33pm CDT
garbage
Re: In-hand images of Generations GDO Voyager Megatron (1425473)
Posted by mesh on September 30th, 2012 @ 7:39pm CDT
The head sculpt JUST DOESN'T GO WELL. A G1 head sculpt doesn't go with a bay-former body. You can argue all you want but I cannot picture Megs with chicken feet and tits.

Megs...a ninja? um...no.
Megs as a tank....HELL YA.
Megs with ninja swords....um no....but definitely with a large mace and a massive sword.
Megs with a MASSIVE Fusion Cannon.....OH HELLL YA!

This rendition is an epic fail.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers DOTM Jetwing / Jetfire FWI - 3 Optimus Prime UFO Annular Trailer + - Time Remaining: 5 days 7 hours 38 minutes 55 seconds
Hot Transformers SDCC Optimus Prime First Edition Exclusive Toys Mp 01 04 10 - Time Remaining: 5 days 13 hours 40 minutes 38 seconds
Transformers Titans Return Leader Class AUTOBOT BLASTER- Loose 100% Complete!! - Time Remaining: 23 days 21 hours 42 minutes 36 seconds
Transformers SC-24 Road Buster takara energon gun - Time Remaining: 7 days 18 hours 42 minutes 47 seconds
TRANSFORMERS DOTM DARK OF THE MOON DELUXE CLASS CRANKCASE COMPLETE - Time Remaining: 5 days 7 hours 48 minutes 48 seconds
Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Rescue Trailer 2 modes energize - Time Remaining: 6 days 15 hours 49 minutes 53 seconds
Transformers Scorponok 2016 NEW - Time Remaining: 1 day 8 hours 53 minutes 32 seconds
Revoltech TRANSFORMERS Dark of the Moon Jet Wing ver Optimus Prime - Time Remaining: 4 days 7 hours 56 minutes 9 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #173 - Crossing The Rubicon