In-Hand Images of #HasbroSDCC Exclusive Dairu & Uruaz Dino Cassettes

Transformers News: In-Hand Images of #HasbroSDCC Exclusive Dairu & Uruaz Dino Cassettes

Saturday, July 14th, 2018 11:56AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 18,527

Creeping ever closer to San Diego Comic Con 2018, we have another set of images from fellow Seibertronian Blacklai, featuring the SDCC exclusives G1 Dino micro Cassettes Dairu and Uruaz - included in the set with Bumblebee - from a variety of angles and modes, including their combined form!

It looks like, along with SDCC, this set will also be found at the Animation-Comic-Game Hong Kong (ACGHK) 2018 event later in July, too, so there may be more of this sets available than initially thought, even for the secondary (official) market. Check them out below, and let us know what you think in the Energon Pub!

Credit(s): Blacklai

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: In-Hand Images of #HasbroSDCC Exclusive Dairu & Uruaz Dino Cassettes (1971101)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 14th, 2018 @ 12:16pm CDT
I want to see more of the Bee, with his wings properly transformed.
Re: In-Hand Images of #HasbroSDCC Exclusive Dairu & Uruaz Dino Cassettes (1971132)
Posted by dragons on July 14th, 2018 @ 3:45pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:I want to see more of the Bee, with his wings properly transformed.

Be thankful you got pictures of him at all always make it into crime against humanity that toy is not toy transformed properly toy shows is to show what is come in store release not have toy look perfect little kids don’t care if toy properly transformed or not it’s playabilty to them these toys are made kids not adults
Re: In-Hand Images of #HasbroSDCC Exclusive Dairu & Uruaz Dino Cassettes (1971135)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 14th, 2018 @ 4:02pm CDT

KO Transformers Legout Gallery

Legout(Lag out?) on TFU.info.

Ok, am I missing something here?
Re: In-Hand Images of #HasbroSDCC Exclusive Dairu & Uruaz Dino Cassettes (1971185)
Posted by Flashwave on July 14th, 2018 @ 9:04pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
gothsaurus wrote:Ohhh. It’s Zauru spelled backwards.

Not just that. Anyone tried converting his image to negative colors? ;)

Lets pretend I havent been near my laptop for a while and cant invert. What is it?
Re: In-Hand Images of #HasbroSDCC Exclusive Dairu & Uruaz Dino Cassettes (1971187)
Posted by william-james88 on July 14th, 2018 @ 9:14pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Legout(Lag out?) on TFU.info.

Ok, am I missing something here?

I dont know, what are you asking?
Re: In-Hand Images of #HasbroSDCC Exclusive Dairu & Uruaz Dino Cassettes (1971189)
Posted by Emerje on July 14th, 2018 @ 9:17pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Ok, am I missing something here?

Nope, just further proof that Hasbro went far out of their way to repair this mold (and gave him a worse face than the KO).

Emerje
Re: In-Hand Images of #HasbroSDCC Exclusive Dairu & Uruaz Dino Cassettes (1971200)
Posted by william-james88 on July 14th, 2018 @ 9:57pm CDT
Emerje wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Ok, am I missing something here?

Emerje

I find it so odd then that they recreated the original colours for just one of the two casettes.
Re: In-Hand Images of #HasbroSDCC Exclusive Dairu & Uruaz Dino Cassettes (1971208)
Posted by Adimus Prime on July 14th, 2018 @ 10:45pm CDT
Re: In-Hand Images of #HasbroSDCC Exclusive Dairu & Uruaz Dino Cassettes (1971212)
Posted by Emerje on July 14th, 2018 @ 11:12pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Emerje wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Ok, am I missing something here?

Emerje

Because it's a different character. Dairu is the Studio Series version of Dile, but Uruaz is the evil twin to Zauru (hence being a Decepticon) according to Hasbro themselves. And since they've basically confirmed they're making a tradition of this expect Decepticon Uriad and Autobot Zauru next year (or perhaps at NYCC?). And looking into this it might also be why they didn't go with the name Dile since "Elid" seems to be a made up name used in the game Runescape, but nobody uses Uriad.

Emerje
Re: In-Hand Images of #HasbroSDCC Exclusive Dairu & Uruaz Dino Cassettes (1971213)
Posted by william-james88 on July 14th, 2018 @ 11:18pm CDT
Re: In-Hand Images of #HasbroSDCC Exclusive Dairu & Uruaz Dino Cassettes (1971221)
Posted by Adimus Prime on July 14th, 2018 @ 11:42pm CDT
Re: In-Hand Images of #HasbroSDCC Exclusive Dairu & Uruaz Dino Cassettes (1971222)
Posted by Emerje on July 15th, 2018 @ 12:07am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Please take no offense to this, but all that Sounded like complete nonsense to me.

I literally took it from the product description. ;)

[quote]Studio Series presents Vol.1 of a totally awesome convention exclusive series. Packed with retro radness, this installment features a bodaciously Special Edition Bumblebee Gold Camaro figure and 2 dynamite dino-cassette figures, Dairu and Uruaz (the evil twin of Zauru), remixed from an '80s Japan-only release.[/quote]
Some of what I wrote was just conjecture (like the Dile/Elid part or vol.2 being their counterparts), but they wouldn't have mentioned Zauru if they didn't intend to release him later.

Emerje
Re: In-Hand Images of #HasbroSDCC Exclusive Dairu & Uruaz Dino Cassettes (1971226)
Posted by Emerje on July 15th, 2018 @ 1:26am CDT
I know we give Hasbro a lot of flack for their crap photograpy, but I just noticed this and thought it was worth a closer look.

<!-- ia0 -->reverse uruaz.JPG<!-- ia0 -->

Just when you thought they couldn't get any worse they somehow don't know the end with the eyes is the head, to say nothing of the direction the toes are facing. #-o

Emerje
Re: In-Hand Images of #HasbroSDCC Exclusive Dairu & Uruaz Dino Cassettes (1971251)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 15th, 2018 @ 3:57am CDT
Adimus Prime wrote:Those combined cassettes look terrible. Thankfully they weren't released in the US. It looks Go-Botish,full of screws, and. Awkward. That face. And as much as I love dinosaur transformers, it is too far a stretch to imagine a minicassette transform into a dinobot sized beast mode. Imagine how huge this cassette combiner's robot mode would be.

Yeah that's what I think too and don't get why people excited about them. I want the set but only for Bee to add to my Studio collection and I don't need the tapes at all.
Re: In-Hand Images of #HasbroSDCC Exclusive Dairu & Uruaz Dino Cassettes (1971254)
Posted by leokearon on July 15th, 2018 @ 4:34am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

I'm the opposite I want the tapes not the Bumblebee
Re: In-Hand Images of #HasbroSDCC Exclusive Dairu & Uruaz Dino Cassettes (1971256)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 15th, 2018 @ 5:20am CDT
Re: In-Hand Images of #HasbroSDCC Exclusive Dairu & Uruaz Dino Cassettes (1971290)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 15th, 2018 @ 10:02am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Then maybe you two could figure out a way to go halves on the set since you both want what the other doesn't ;-)

There's a guy on Twitter who I've already spoken to who is buying the set and will be selling the Bee and will let me know when he gets it and will likely sell me it. :)
It's a strange set really appealing to very different fanbases.
Re: In-Hand Images of #HasbroSDCC Exclusive Dairu & Uruaz Dino Cassettes (1971301)
Posted by Throttlebotsrevenge on July 15th, 2018 @ 10:58am CDT
I really don't care about the movie figures, but I'm going to have to get one of these. The dinosaur cassette combiners have been a want of mine for years, but they're too crazy expensive.
Re: In-Hand Images of #HasbroSDCC Exclusive Dairu & Uruaz Dino Cassettes (1971304)
Posted by leokearon on July 15th, 2018 @ 11:06am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

It's a strange set really appealing to very different fanbases.

Yeah, it is bizarre, they should have just released the two seperately
Re: In-Hand Images of #HasbroSDCC Exclusive Dairu & Uruaz Dino Cassettes (1971330)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 15th, 2018 @ 2:49pm CDT
The cassettes are mother effing DUOCONS. :shock:

This make me want this set. Also, I don't have SS Bee yet so...
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #205 - Ship Wrecked