In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-35 Super Ginrai

In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-35 Super Ginrai

Wednesday, January 4th, 2017 10:11am CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 34,049

Courtesy of user akaolu from TFND.net, we have a full batch of in-hand images of the recently released Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-35 Super Ginrai - the Japanese release of Hasbro's Powermaster Optimus Prime from Titans Return. We get to see the different modes, the Titan Master integration, some poses, accessories and Check out a selection below!

Transformers News: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-35 Super Ginrai

Credit(s): TFND.net

Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-35 Super Ginrai (1850428)
Posted by Kurona on January 4th, 2017 @ 10:21am CST
The arms at least are undoubtedly better on Takara's in every single way (wrist swivels!!), but it's really starting to feel like Godbomber is less an optional accessory to make Ginrai cooler and more a necessity to make it look good in the first place.
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-35 Super Ginrai (1850429)
Posted by Solrac333 on January 4th, 2017 @ 10:23am CST
That looks SO much better than Hasbro's.
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-35 Super Ginrai (1850432)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on January 4th, 2017 @ 10:43am CST
Kurona wrote:Execute me for hearsay, but awesome combined mode aside; I honestly prefer Hasbro's PM OP to this. The feet on Takara's are really starting to kill it for me, the different Titan Master is redundant and just makes the eyes look a little weird inside the helmet... and honestly, I really prefer the updated design on PM OP to the accurate chest on this one. It's just starting to look off.

I disagree. The chest here is far superior to the cluttered Hasbro one yet I don't like the Godbomber combined mode at all (or the Godbomber figure on it's own... just bleh). The feet I was put off by at first but I'm fine with that now and like the extra height. Should have had red eyes though like the original toy. The cab itself too looks a lot better than Hasbro's attempt.

Also the lil Titans look SO much better when properly coloured. Most of Hasbro's ones look so lazy and crappy like they just didn't care.
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-35 Super Ginrai (1850433)
Posted by Overcracker on January 4th, 2017 @ 10:45am CST
Still waiting for mine to get shipped. Shipping got put on hold for the Japanese New Year by Anime Export. Hopefully it will ship tomorrow.

Cannot wait to get it next to Magnus. Already have a special setup ready for him.
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-35 Super Ginrai (1850438)
Posted by Kurona on January 4th, 2017 @ 11:19am CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

Oh yeah, the Titan Master robot itself is just far better. Preferences on head mode aside that's the area Takara's been knocking it out of the park; the Megatron titan master alone makes me want their Galvatron.
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-35 Super Ginrai (1850441)
Posted by Kibble on January 4th, 2017 @ 12:11pm CST
Va'al wrote: Image

Is this disaster of a mode official? ROTF Mixmaster thinks this 3rd mode is weak as hell...
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-35 Super Ginrai (1850443)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on January 4th, 2017 @ 12:13pm CST
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-35 Super Ginrai (1850457)
Posted by Kurona on January 4th, 2017 @ 12:55pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:If there's one single thing that works against Super Ginrai for me, it's the face, specifically the mouthplate. Doesn't anyone else feel the weirdness of Ginrai having a double mouthplate with the helmet on?

It feels very redundant to me. Cool thing about the helmet on PM OP is that you essentially get two different heads.
I guess they're doing it so Japanese fans and kids can have an Optimus titan master in some capacity, since they're very likely not going to use the Wave 3 Voyager OP.
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-35 Super Ginrai (1850458)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on January 4th, 2017 @ 1:02pm CST
I think everything looks great about Ginrai. The only weirdness to me is that with the big helmet, he kinda looks like that part at the end of The Black Hole where Reinhardt and Maximillian merge and you see Reinhardt's eyes inside Maximillian.

Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-35 Super Ginrai (1850462)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on January 4th, 2017 @ 1:15pm CST
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-35 Super Ginrai (1850464)
Posted by DestronMirage22 on January 4th, 2017 @ 1:16pm CST
Man these pictures just make me want Super Ginrai more! :x Too bad I have no way of getting him. :-(
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-35 Super Ginrai (1850483)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on January 4th, 2017 @ 2:13pm CST
grimdragon2001 wrote:Cant wait to get this guy, though it may be a bit yet before TF Source gets him in.

and just like that, he's on my stack, yay. now just waiting for convobat
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-35 Super Ginrai (1850485)
Posted by Relic0037 on January 4th, 2017 @ 2:21pm CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Should have had red eyes though like the original toy.

It's been a little while since I've watched Masterforce, but did he have blue eyes on that show? I ask because Takara usually goes for show accuracy above anything else.
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-35 Super Ginrai (1850488)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on January 4th, 2017 @ 2:28pm CST
Relic0037 wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Should have had red eyes though like the original toy.

yea, his eyes were blue in the show, or at least on every Masterforce youtube clip i've seen of him. Still, maybe a Red eyed variant Titanmaster down the line would be nice.
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-35 Super Ginrai (1850492)
Posted by Kurona on January 4th, 2017 @ 2:33pm CST
grimdragon2001 wrote:
Relic0037 wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Should have had red eyes though like the original toy.

Since the eyes are the only part of the Titan Master visible when the helmet is on, any red-eyed character would do.
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-35 Super Ginrai (1850498)
Posted by Cyberpath on January 4th, 2017 @ 2:56pm CST
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-35 Super Ginrai (1850507)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on January 4th, 2017 @ 3:19pm CST

And it doesn't match the Legends stock photo:

Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-35 Super Ginrai (1850511)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on January 4th, 2017 @ 3:29pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:And I just noticed Condor has a different vehicle configuration than Laserbreak: the tail section is still swung up.

seems like that new configuration is only showing in the mini comic, still cool though
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-35 Super Ginrai (1850536)
Posted by Grahf_ on January 4th, 2017 @ 7:49pm CST
Originally, I was in the camp of not liking the feet on Ginrai. However now that I have it in hand, it's really not as bad looking as some of the original photos made it seem. I also like both chest plates equally. The chests, cab fronts, arms, feet, hips, guns, heights and color shades help me to differentiate the two figures as the different characters they are. I think the biggest problem I had with Ginrai was trying to explain to people that it wasn't actually Optimus Prime.
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-35 Super Ginrai (1850541)
Posted by william-james88 on January 4th, 2017 @ 8:04pm CST
We have some new video reviews for Legends toys. RFC Reviews compares Legends 35 Super Ginrai to Hasbro's Power Master Optimus Prime. Check out how different the arms are!
We also have a Ginrai review from Chuckdawg who also reviews Legends 39 Brainstorm, and compares it to the SDCC's Brainstorm. Let us know if you think these are worth the importing costs or if you are fine with the Hasbro versions.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Sideswipe & Bumblebee MIX LOT 3’" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Force Stuntwing & Bumblebee Robots in Disguise" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Jazz LOT (Jazz, Ratchet)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise RID Prowl Hasbro  2000 Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Three-Step Changers Stealthasaurus Rex Grimlock" on EBAY
Buy "Jada Transformers 5: 2016 Camaro "BUMBLEBEE" 1/24 Scale with Collectible Coin!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime RiD Soundwave 100% Complete Instructions Robots in Disguise" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise RID 1 Step Changer - Quillfire" on EBAY