In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber

In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber

Thursday, May 25th, 2017 2:19pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 16,835

Via a number of Japanese Twitter users - including MKstsk, astalot, jkame2 and Alfes2010 - we have some in-hand images of the Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber, both in its trailer and robot modes, plus combined with LG-35 Super Ginrai, to create God Ginrai! Check them out mirrored below.

Transformers News: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber

Credit(s): astalot, MKstsk, jkame 2, Alfes2010 on Twitter

This article was last modified on Thursday, May 25th, 2017 2:22pm CDT

Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber (1884224)
Posted by o.supreme on May 25th, 2017 @ 2:38pm CDT
Looks amazing, as I hoped it would. I really also hope that as speculated, God Bomber will be included as the leader class in one of the two (yet to be revealed) TR box sets.

Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber (1884227)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 25th, 2017 @ 2:44pm CDT
Those wings still sit way to high up on God Ginrai's back, but other than that, it's gorgeous!

Though, the pic of the little Headmaster dude placed inside the missile launcher did bring back memories of Spock's "Wrath of Khan" funeral.

Also, that gaping mouth box art is so bonkers it's hilarious. :lol:
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber (1884229)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 25th, 2017 @ 2:48pm CDT
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber (1884235)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on May 25th, 2017 @ 2:55pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:Also I know its a 3P Overlord in one of those pics...but what is its name exactly?

Mastermind Creations Carnifex, based on Overlord's IDW design. However, the one in the picture is using the 'Continuum' upgrade kit (also made by MMC) to make him a bit more geewunny, adding God/Powermasters, a new head, and some other stuff.
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber (1884239)
Posted by Evil Eye on May 25th, 2017 @ 3:04pm CDT
That TM storage in the cannon is hilarious.
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber (1884245)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 25th, 2017 @ 3:26pm CDT
I just don't get the appeal of that combined mode. It looks awful. Prime/Ginrai looks so much without it. But then Starsaber looks like junk to me too so maybe I'm just not into the japanese cartoon stuff. Keen on getting Magnus Prime when it's out since Ginrai is getting silly monies now.
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber (1884247)
Posted by Relic0037 on May 25th, 2017 @ 3:33pm CDT
Does anyone know if he can store headmasters in his chest in God Ginrai mode?
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber (1884253)
Posted by william-james88 on May 25th, 2017 @ 3:41pm CDT
Relic0037 wrote:Does anyone know if he can store headmasters in his chest in God Ginrai mode?

Amazing question! I sure hope so now.
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber (1884256)
Posted by Kurona on May 25th, 2017 @ 3:50pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Amazing question! I sure hope so now.

Just from the pictures it looks like a definite yes. The bit that opens up is the panel over the vents; so everything - seating included - would be stored in there.
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber (1884259)
Posted by o.supreme on May 25th, 2017 @ 4:06pm CDT
Given TT reputation for wanting to make thigns animation accurate, I hope so as well. I only wish one of the pictures above would have shown God Ginrai riding on Fort Max in base mode. ;)
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber (1884261)
Posted by kurthy on May 25th, 2017 @ 4:08pm CDT
Kurona wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Amazing question! I sure hope so now.

Don't we have earlier pictures showing that it fits 3 behind the windows?
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber (1884269)
Posted by Burn on May 25th, 2017 @ 4:25pm CDT
Just paid for mine from HLJ. Came out to around $100AU. #-o

But hey, at least I'll get him within 2 weeks. If I'd supported the local importer, well I might get him in time to discuss him by the end of next year.
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber (1884275)
Posted by kurthy on May 25th, 2017 @ 4:44pm CDT
Burn wrote:Just paid for mine from HLJ. Came out to around $100AU. #-o

I paid $64.30 USD after paypal exchange charges from Amiami.
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber (1884286)
Posted by Burn on May 25th, 2017 @ 5:21pm CDT
kurthy wrote:I paid $64.30 USD after paypal exchange charges from Amiami.

Roughly $86AU. HLJ have been good to me though for well over a decade.
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber (1884292)
Posted by Overcracker on May 25th, 2017 @ 6:04pm CDT
Burn wrote:
kurthy wrote:I paid $64.30 USD after paypal exchange charges from Amiami.

Roughly $86AU. HLJ have been good to me though for well over a decade.

Yup, Just got the shipping payment notice from AmiAmi.
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber (1884314)
Posted by Flashwave on May 25th, 2017 @ 7:13pm CDT
Me likey!

So now the $64 is, do I buy now, or wait and hope Hasbro releases in a Boxset? I don't want to miss out.
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber (1884322)
Posted by Terrsolpix on May 25th, 2017 @ 8:27pm CDT
Flashwave wrote:Me likey!

I think there was a leak with his name listed as "Apex Bomber" don't quote me.
EDIT: spoiler doesn't work on mobile.
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber (1884341)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 25th, 2017 @ 9:44pm CDT
Terrsolpix wrote:
Flashwave wrote:Me likey!

I think there was a leak with his name listed as "Apex Bomber" don't quote me.
EDIT: spoiler doesn't work on mobile.
The original leak was for the forthcoming Siege on Cybertron set, in which a Deluxe mold named "Iron Apex" was to be included, but which we see has been replaced by the Deluxe Metalhawk figure.
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber (1884377)
Posted by Va'al on May 26th, 2017 @ 4:52am CDT
Thanks again to Loopaza Mega Store on Facebook, we have scans of the comic that accompanies the release of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber! The pages - currently still in Japanese - show off Minerva, Godbomber, part of the Grand Galvatron and Megatronia teams - and the possibility for Godbomber to combine with those Combiner Wars / Unite Warriors limbs! Check it out below.

Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-42 Godbomber (1884384)
Posted by Albatross250 on May 26th, 2017 @ 5:56am CDT
So Nightbeat is a DECEPTICON AFTER ALL :CON:
She/he even has a SOS Call for Trypticon :shock:

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Siege Soundwave lot complete WFC Cassette Corp Ratbat Rumble Ravage" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise - CLIFFJUMPER  - NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Soundblaster complete WFC 35TH Anniversary Generations" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Generations - Combiner Wars-AUTOBOT HOUND Figure - Sky Reign Piece" on EBAY
Buy "transformers ko oversized Combiner Wars Not Powerglide" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RID 2015  WARRIORS CLASS  SCORPONOK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars CW LIOKAISER Platinum Edition Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Targetmaster Windblade LG62 Takara Tomy Legends Collection" on EBAY