Tuesday, June 6th, 2017 3:35pm CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 19,675

Courtesy of Twitter user NikorasuD, we have some new in-hand images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX e-Hobby exclusive Magna Convoy (the latest reuse of the Classics Optimus Prime mold), with its chromed parts, sword and gun pack.

Thanks to Twitter user burningheartsam, we have a look at the comic that came packaged with the figure, with its English translation of the brief dialogue, and cross-use of accessories in the line. And via オンスローター a rendition, using Hardhead and Getaway's Titan Master, of the possibly teased Bludgeon figure people are expecting to surface next. Check it all out below!

Transformers News: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX Magna Convoy

Credit(s): Various on Twitter

This article was last modified on Tuesday, June 6th, 2017 4:05pm CDT

Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX Magna Convoy, Plus Comic and Bludgeon Tease (1887414)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 6th, 2017 @ 3:39pm CDT
Deadput wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Not to mention he comes with a redeco of Terri-Bull's vehicle aka Tankette. And I wouldn't be so sure about it happening, we still haven't seen Soundwave. I'd still want it to happen.

And is it me, or Bludgeon getting a lot of love lately. TFCC, RiD2015, and now this!

Was their a Soundwave besides the current leader one which I believe Takara already has?

Yup, a Beast Wars Soundwave one. A Mutant with a bat and alligator mode (and GPS, sigh), he's depicted as Mindwipe with the Nightbeat head.
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX Magna Convoy, Plus Comic and Bludgeon Tease (1887416)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 6th, 2017 @ 3:40pm CDT
But... Magna Convoy has his own thread. Image
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX Magna Convoy, Plus Comic and Bludgeon Tease (1887421)
Posted by Randomhero on June 6th, 2017 @ 3:47pm CDT
Yet again another tease of Jhiaxus in the generations body and G2 colors. SERIOUSLY ITS ALL I WANT!!!!
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX Magna Convoy, Plus Comic and Bludgeon Tease (1887424)
Posted by Kurona on June 6th, 2017 @ 3:49pm CDT
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX Magna Convoy, Plus Comic and Bludgeon Tease (1887425)
Posted by Deadput on June 6th, 2017 @ 3:51pm CDT
Kurona wrote:That Bludgeon is also using T30 Windblade's Scabbard (and presumably her sword). Apparently the Scabbard actually attached to Hardhead very well.

Looks more like the Rid sword.
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX Magna Convoy, Plus Comic and Bludgeon Tease (1887462)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 6th, 2017 @ 6:32pm CDT

Of course it does, that's why Takara gets ALL the money, they plan this stuff all out.
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX Magna Convoy, Plus Comic and Bludgeon Tease (1887464)
Posted by hinomars19 on June 6th, 2017 @ 6:36pm CDT
Gave this a try;
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX Magna Convoy, Plus Comic and Bludgeon Tease (1887484)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 6th, 2017 @ 7:47pm CDT
hinomars19 wrote:Gave this a try;

These were great and I really appreciated seeing this
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX Magna Convoy, Plus Comic and Bludgeon Tease (1887487)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 6th, 2017 @ 8:00pm CDT
The combined form in the comic is Super Magna Convoy.
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX Magna Convoy, Plus Comic and Bludgeon Tease (1887492)
Posted by Cobotron on June 6th, 2017 @ 8:16pm CDT
Hinomars, that combo is strange and wonderful! :APPLAUSE: :lol:
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX Magna Convoy, Plus Comic and Bludgeon Tease (1887507)
Posted by Hydrargyrus on June 6th, 2017 @ 9:10pm CDT
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX Magna Convoy, Plus Comic and Bludgeon Tease (1887512)
Posted by Deadput on June 6th, 2017 @ 9:49pm CDT
MagicDeath wrote:That does look to be the Generations Sword, which has some (5mm?) rectangular clips/pegs on either side (visible in the panel) that HasTak seems to use a bit for transformation. I think I do remember Hardhead having some. Will check when I get the chance, unless someone beats me to it.

It's the Rid Windblade Sword since it has the 5mm peg on the sheath and it's a "thicker" sheath.
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX Magna Convoy, Plus Comic and Bludgeon Tease (1887587)
Posted by Hydrargyrus on June 7th, 2017 @ 5:53am CDT
Deadput wrote:

You're right, the peg is in a different place on the Generations one. Also, scrolling back, I see someone beat me to it before I even started.
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX Magna Convoy, Plus Comic and Bludgeon Tease (1887591)
Posted by Kurona on June 7th, 2017 @ 6:19am CDT
That combination is so dumb and doesn't work at all.

Love it :D
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX Magna Convoy, Plus Comic and Bludgeon Tease (1887655)
Posted by Hydrargyrus on June 7th, 2017 @ 11:33am CDT
And the fandom's voice across the ages was channeled into one voice, saying:

Kurona wrote:That combination is so dumb and doesn't work at all.

Love it :D
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX Magna Convoy, Plus Comic and Bludgeon Tease (1887689)
Posted by hinomars19 on June 7th, 2017 @ 1:44pm CDT
I may have taken this concept a little too far....
(excuse the un-transformed fist, pretty sure my sanity has been striped away at this point)

Anywhoooo.....Sadly exclusives and special releases are too rich for my blood. Magna Convoy does look really nice, and the Bludgeon-should it happen-is such a great idea. Too many things! Too many thiiiinnnngs :-(
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX Magna Convoy, Plus Comic and Bludgeon Tease (1887938)
Posted by RAR on June 8th, 2017 @ 12:19pm CDT
I have one ordered - I'll likely use it a bit with my Dia-commander trailer and give the clawshield to Convoybat - the sword I'll use to give Alpha Trion some vehicle mode balance when he's in Carrier mode (sometimes).
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX Magna Convoy, Plus Comic and Bludgeon Tease (1888183)
Posted by Emerje on June 9th, 2017 @ 2:16am CDT
Transformers Go! Hunter Ratchet? What's he doing there and why is he wearing a Cybertron Alliance cape? TFWiki doesn't have any info I could find on him, they stuck him in Prime Ratchet's section even though this version is a Decepticon. Or was he a zombie? I can't remember... Ah, found his figure bio on TFU. He was captured by the Decepticons, injected with dark energon and made evil. I'm guessing they've repurposed the figure for someone else? The red cape would indicate that in this universe he's the Decepticon supreme commander, right?
Capture.JPG

Bludgeon appears to be based in part on Hasbro's RID2001 Bludgeon, the white stripes on the shoulders and green canon give it away.
Yeah, I want that as a figure.

And I see now that I need to get a MP Delta Magnus.

Anyway, my experiment ordering Magna Convoy directly from e-Hobby appears to have been a great success. If he ships today he should be here by the end of next week. Grand total came to about $72 for the figure and $22 for shipping via Air (could have shipped SAL for $5 less) and proxy fee (Tenso.com) for a grand total of $94 (could have been $89 with SAL). Better and faster than the $110 from TFSource and BBTS.

I'm thinking of writing a guide, but I'll hold off until it actually arrives. I'm experimenting with Takara Tomy Mall as well, put myself in for their TTS Black Convoy (Scourge) purchase lottery, we'll see what happens. *fingers crossed*

Emerje
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX Magna Convoy, Plus Comic and Bludgeon Tease (1888353)
Posted by Deadput on June 9th, 2017 @ 6:56pm CDT
Green Ratchet's look inspired the character of G1 Oilslick so it might be him.
Re: In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX Magna Convoy, Plus Comic and Bludgeon Tease (1888361)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 9th, 2017 @ 7:22pm CDT
Deadput wrote:Green Ratchet's look inspired the character of G1 Oilslick so it might be him.
Huh, I didn't know you read those stories. :)

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "WFC-E40 BATTLE SQUAD Transformers Earthrise Micromasters Direct-Hit Power Punch" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SOUNDBLASTER Siege War for Cybertron MISB Walmart Exclusive Netflix" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise - Direct-Hit & Power Punch [WFC-E18]" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Transformers Mega 3-Step Changer Action Figure Hasbro 2016" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers thrilling 30 springer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Powertrain & Highjump Siege War for Cybertron Micromaster 2018 MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Deluxe Class Cliffjumper (c)2011 TOMY  RARE" on EBAY
Buy "2015 Hasbro Transformers Robots In Disguise Rid Mega Optimus Prime Autobot" on EBAY