Transformers News: In-hand images of the WFC Siege Decepticon Phantomstrike Squadron, including images of the box

Tuesday, June 25th, 2019 6:51PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: notirishman   Views: 16,832

After images of the Autobot Alphastrike Counterforce surfaced, it was only a matter of time till we learned of the opposing set. Thanks to Seibertronian Jtprime17 in the forums, we have pictures of this new set, and finally caught the name itself, the Decepticon Phantomstrike Squadron. The images come from aiex888 of home.gamer.tw, but all images of the figures are shown below. The box art appears to be the other side of box art with the Autobot set (which has G2 Sideswipe and Slamdance if you don't know), and includes:

• Skywarp (redeco of Starscream)
  • Decepticon Fracas (redeco of Firedrive)
  • Shrute (redeco of Aimless)
  • Terror-Daxtyl (redeco of Pteraxadon)

Shrute was the name used for Hairsplitter, in the TFCC 4.0 release of Spinister, making him one of his Targetmasters. Fracas is Scourge's Targetmaster, but was also released in Headmasters as Nightstick, Artfire's Targetmaster.

So, thoughts on this upcoming set? Are you a fan of these new Battle Masters, and who they represent? Whatever it is, tell us in the Pub forums below, after checking out the full gallery below.

Credit(s): aiex888 on home.gamer.tw, Jtprime17

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: In-hand images of the WFC Siege Decepticon Phantomstrike Squadron, including images of the box (2025920)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on June 25th, 2019 @ 7:00pm CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:-Fracas being relegated to boxset duty must such for diehard G1 fans with Scourges to arm, but also his colors look inverted from what they should be, so what happened?

I would guess that perhaps they wanted to preserve his having a gray barrel and arms, and with mold layout being what it is...
But that choice does contribute to him basically looking more like a Premium Edition Firedrive than a Fracas. In fact, I'm thinking that Hasbro should slap revision stickers over the boxes to rename him that.

Given the colors issue you'd probably be better off just buying and customizing an extra Firedrive.
Re: In-hand images of the WFC Siege Decepticon Phantomstrike Squadron, including images of the box (2025921)
Posted by RiddlerJ on June 25th, 2019 @ 7:02pm CDT
Re: In-hand images of the WFC Siege Decepticon Phantomstrike Squadron, including images of the box (2025922)
Posted by william-james88 on June 25th, 2019 @ 7:05pm CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:Is Redwing going to come with any Battle Masters? I already have way too many Skywarps, one reason why I've avoided this mold so far.

He does not come with any
Re: In-hand images of the WFC Siege Decepticon Phantomstrike Squadron, including images of the box (2025923)
Posted by Beachjezus on June 25th, 2019 @ 7:08pm CDT
Has there been any word on the price of this?

I gotta admit - I’m kinda annoyed I’m forced to buy the extra stuff just to get Skywarp.
Re: In-hand images of the WFC Siege Decepticon Phantomstrike Squadron, including images of the box (2025925)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 25th, 2019 @ 7:11pm CDT
Beachjezus wrote:Has there been any word on the price of this?

roughly $60 for the Skywarp set.
roughly $45 for the Alphastrike guys
most likely $30 for Redwing
Re: In-hand images of the WFC Siege Decepticon Phantomstrike Squadron, including images of the box (2025927)
Posted by Cobotron on June 25th, 2019 @ 7:20pm CDT
Does Skywarp come with that coolass flight stand in the photos?!

Or: Does anyone know where that coolass flight stand came from? It looks official.

Oh yeah. And, WOOHOO SKYWARP! My favorite!
Re: In-hand images of the WFC Siege Decepticon Phantomstrike Squadron, including images of the box (2025929)
Posted by o.supreme on June 25th, 2019 @ 7:22pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Beachjezus wrote:Has there been any word on the price of this?

roughly $60 for the Skywarp set.
roughly $45 for the Alphastrike guys
most likely $30 for Redwing

It is odd that the 2 opposing sets are being released through two different methods, unless I missed something, isn't it presumed that Skywarp is being released through Amazon as opposed to Selects? If so it should be around $45 US upon release.
Re: In-hand images of the WFC Siege Decepticon Phantomstrike Squadron, including images of the box (2025930)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 25th, 2019 @ 7:22pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Beachjezus wrote:Has there been any word on the price of this?

roughly $60 for the Skywarp set.
roughly $45 for the Alphastrike guys
most likely $30 for Redwing

Oh gosh, my bad. Skywarp set is rumored for $50, not $60. Somehow mixed up the numbers in my head
Re: In-hand images of the WFC Siege Decepticon Phantomstrike Squadron, including images of the box (2025931)
Posted by Beachjezus on June 25th, 2019 @ 7:23pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Beachjezus wrote:Has there been any word on the price of this?

roughly $60 for the Skywarp set.
roughly $45 for the Alphastrike guys
most likely $30 for Redwing

Thanks

Just as I feared. I’ve gotta spend $60 for skywarp and a bunch of stuff I could care less about.

Well played Hasbro well played
Re: In-hand images of the WFC Siege Decepticon Phantomstrike Squadron, including images of the box (2025932)
Posted by o.supreme on June 25th, 2019 @ 7:38pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
o.supreme wrote:Yeah, I get that. Honestly, just looking at them, I cannot tell the humanoid Battlemasters apart, anything to make them more unique would be welcome.

You can't tell the difference between a black body with off-white limbs, a gray body with blue limbs, and a blue body with gray limbs? Man, I would hate to be around you when you're driving :P

I know you are joking, but seriously...We had two seasons, and a movie to get to know Rumble & Frenzy. The Targetmasters were all jammed into 2 episodes in "Rebirth", and only some of them appeared in a few episodes of Headmasters.

Just taking these off my sons shelf, you tell me why 32 years later I should care about the difference between these, and who they are. (My son likes them, I'm not saying they are bad toys, just that I don't make it a point to memorize their names because I have no connection to them)
Re: In-hand images of the WFC Siege Decepticon Phantomstrike Squadron, including images of the box (2025933)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on June 25th, 2019 @ 7:48pm CDT
1561505149-19.png

Beautiful figure BTW, and I hope people can get it better than this whole Greenlight fiasco.
Re: In-hand images of the WFC Siege Decepticon Phantomstrike Squadron, including images of the box (2025934)
Posted by Randomhero on June 25th, 2019 @ 7:50pm CDT
Re: In-hand images of the WFC Siege Decepticon Phantomstrike Squadron, including images of the box (2025935)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on June 25th, 2019 @ 7:53pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:Just found springer. So...Wheeljack is on the side of the box in the background art...that’s a thing

You didn't catch that? It was from the beginning.

Though, to be fair, I just discovered Sunstreaker on that art as well.
Re: In-hand images of the WFC Siege Decepticon Phantomstrike Squadron, including images of the box (2025936)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on June 25th, 2019 @ 7:56pm CDT
Nathaniel Prime wrote:Which stand is being used here? I don't recognize that at all. I noticed it has the Transformers name on it, so it could help.
1561505149-19.png

Just go create a new gmail account, create an amazon account for it and use the free trial of Prime. That should work, right?
Re: In-hand images of the WFC Siege Decepticon Phantomstrike Squadron, including images of the box (2025937)
Posted by Randomhero on June 25th, 2019 @ 7:57pm CDT
Nathaniel Prime wrote:

You didn't catch that? It was from the beginning.

Though, to be fair, I just discovered Sunstreaker on that art as well.

No I never look at the art until I get a figure. I like springers art. It’s very Geoff Senior
Re: In-hand images of the WFC Siege Decepticon Phantomstrike Squadron, including images of the box (2025938)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on June 25th, 2019 @ 8:08pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:

Well, The TrainwreckThe Rebirth is worthless anyway when it comes to the Targetmasters. :-x :BANG_HEAD: Blowpipe is Caliburst, Caliburst is a miscolored Blowpipe, Aimless' blue is overly dark and he has Blowpipe's shoulders, Nightstick is Fracas' body in Nightstick's colors and vice versa, and Blurr was drawn holding his regular gun when he was supposed to be holding Haywire's gun mode.
Re: In-hand images of the WFC Siege Decepticon Phantomstrike Squadron, including images of the box (2025939)
Posted by william-james88 on June 25th, 2019 @ 8:14pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Beachjezus wrote:Has there been any word on the price of this?

roughly $60 for the Skywarp set.
roughly $45 for the Alphastrike guys
most likely $30 for Redwing

I dont know what you mean, both sets are part of the siege line, sold exclusively on amazon.
Re: In-hand images of the WFC Siege Decepticon Phantomstrike Squadron, including images of the box (2025940)
Posted by Skritz on June 25th, 2019 @ 8:26pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
o.supreme wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:

The Rebirth is just an utter trainwreck in every aspect. This is what happen when you take a low budget show on its last leg and decide to saw that leg off and tell it to flop to the finish line. Its a terrible ending to G1 not because of its ideas but purely on its utterly rush and lopsided execution.
Re: In-hand images of the WFC Siege Decepticon Phantomstrike Squadron, including images of the box (2025941)
Posted by Stargrave on June 25th, 2019 @ 8:30pm CDT
Re: In-hand images of the WFC Siege Decepticon Phantomstrike Squadron, including images of the box (2025942)
Posted by Skritz on June 25th, 2019 @ 8:34pm CDT
00Stargrave00 wrote:And yet at the time it had its own magic. It was the only animated rendition of the Masters we had in the US at the time. Despite its flaws my kid imagination was still captivated by it. Funny enough more than anything the Nebulans looking so goofy was what bugged me most as a kid :lol:

Like I said, it was filled with interesting new concept (or rather, toy gimmicks but same thing in Transformers-land!) which were previously unseen, as the G1 toon mainly only had combiners and triple-changers as gimmick characters. The -masters were a different kind of combination completely different from the five/six-bot gestalts and what they combined with was organic/a cyborg. It was a merging of the mechanical and technological which Transformers just hadn't really done at that point beyond maybe Autobot X or the 'Only Human' episodes.

The Rebirth may not seem like much but we could argue this era of G1 set in motion all the elements which would lead to weirder concepts like Pretenders, Godmasters, Beast Wars and Beast Machine!

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #226 - Fire in the Sky
"Fire in the Sky"
Posted: Sunday, July 7th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Prime AM-24 Silas Breakdown Arms Micron Takara MISB New" on EBAY
Buy "SDCC 2019 Hasbro Transformers War for Cybertron Deluxe Class Lancer w Enamel Pin" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime AM-01 Optimus Prime Arms Micron Takara MISB NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime AM-24 Silas Breakdown Arms Micron Takara MISB NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Metals Die Cast Transformers The Last Knight Hot Rod with Coins New MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Rippersnapper Loose Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime AM-27 Ultra Magnus Arms Micron Takara MISB NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Authentic TakaraTransformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee(with Collector Coin) MP" on EBAY