In-Hand Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-42 Cordon

In-Hand Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-42 Cordon

Monday, October 29th, 2018 6:53pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 9,550

Thanks to Twitter user Alfes2010, we have a plethora of new in-hand images of the very soon to be hitting your hands MP-42 Cordon! Cordon is a retooled Masterpiece Sunstreaker with a new cop car themed alternate mode based on the Diaclone version of Sunstreaker, and feature new shin parts, new lights in car mode, and a new toy-accurate head sculpt based on the original Sunstreaker toy!

The new in-hand images give us a great look at Cordon compared to his predecessor, and even show us what happens if you play head swap with the 2!

Check out all the new images below, and let us know what you think of this new toy-accurate masterpiece figure in the comments section below!

Credit(s): Alfes2010

Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-42 Cordon (1991704)
Posted by angtre on October 30th, 2018 @ 2:58am CDT
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-42 Cordon (1991729)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 30th, 2018 @ 8:49am CDT
mentre83 wrote:It's definitely nice, I like the extra details. Given the red optics, he probably likes to play "bad cop" though.
The red eyes are based on those of the Diaclone figure. Though, his online bio did say that he was an Autobot convict who served time for his crime (whatever it was) doing community service on Earth, so he's at least not without a squeaky clean past.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-42 Cordon (1991757)
Posted by triKlops on October 30th, 2018 @ 11:47am CDT

MP-42 Cordon by triKlops, on Flickr

Only time 5-oh gets invited into the casa.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-42 Cordon (1991766)
Posted by Cobotron on October 30th, 2018 @ 12:49pm CDT
Ooooooh! Nice 3K! ;)^

Feeling some jealousy in my bones.
Mine has shipped. Hoping it reaches me by the weekend. (because it's my birthday!)

Haven't had a new MP since Art Fire.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-42 Cordon (1991783)
Posted by triKlops on October 30th, 2018 @ 2:48pm CDT
Cobotron wrote:Ooooooh! Nice 3K! ;)^

Feeling some jealousy in my bones.

Haven't had a new MP since Art Fire.

Gratzi, Cobo!
Should hit your place soon.
Happy Bday, btw!
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-42 Cordon (1993602)
Posted by Cobotron on November 11th, 2018 @ 1:35pm CST
A new recruit has arrived to the Cybertronian Civil Defense Division.

Officer Cordon was given a warm welcome from his Commander, Prowl, and fellow officer, Clampdown.
Prowl: "Welcome to the squad. Things have really been heating up lately.
Clampdown: Primus knows, we need all the help we can get!

And of course, just as the team was welcoming Cordon, a call came in.
Dispatch: We have 6-40B. Burglary in process. Decepticon operatives have infiltrated the Autobot Hall of Antiquities.

Clampdown: You ready cut your teeth, Rookie?
Cordon: *Cocky grin, and a nod.*
Prowl: Bots! We got a caller! TRANSFORM AND ROOL OUT!
Clampdown: That's one hell of an alt mode, brother!

Cordon: Let's do this!

HOLY SCRAP! This figure is amazing! My good buddy, known here in the pub as Decepticon Finishline who lives the next city over came by many moons ago and brought Sunstreaker for me to check out. I knew then that this mold was fantastic. I knew I had to have one, but like with all MPs as of late, I decided to wait it out for the inevitable Diaclone repaint. Cordon was announced, and I jumped on the pre-order ASAPronto!

Enough time had past that I had forgotten all the wonderful nuances of this figure. So, he was still very fresh to me when I cracked him open. The bot mode is so sleek, and things tuck away so nicely. The head sculpt they gave Streaker was very disappointing for me, but this one is the tops! The body is a awesome re-interpretation of the OG toy, but with this head, has all the classic Takara design elements that I love.

The Cybertronian Civil Defense Division in Masterpiece form.

Man! It's been a loooong time since I got a new MP. I think Art Fire was the last.
Feels so nice to have a new, fresh MP experience. Especially one that kicks this much tail pipe!
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-42 Cordon (1993678)
Posted by Ironhidensh on November 11th, 2018 @ 7:29pm CST
Worth the wait, wasn't he?
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-42 Cordon (1993684)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 11th, 2018 @ 8:25pm CST
That is beautiful!! Nice MP Emergency crew!
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-42 Cordon (1993687)
Posted by Cobotron on November 11th, 2018 @ 8:38pm CST
Ironhidensh wrote:Worth the wait, wasn't he?
Totally! ;)^

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:That is beautiful!! Nice MP Emergency crew!
I have a lot of respect for the everyday heroes.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #277 - Daring to Be Stupid
"Daring to Be Stupid"
Posted: Sunday, May 30th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Commemorative Series 9 Ricochet 2004 NO NIGHTSTICK TRU Excl EX Cond" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TURTLER / SNAPTRAP Takara TT-GS03 New in Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects G2 Megatron, Netflix Hotlink Target Red Wing" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Scorponok shield original" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege: War for Cybertron Deluxe Class Autobot Chromia Brand New" on EBAY