In-Hand Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade

In-Hand Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade

Sunday, December 3rd, 2017 4:54am CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 14,331

In addition to the recently posted video review and screencaps of the latest figure in the Hasbro and Takara Tomy collaboration on the Transformers Movie Masterpiece line, we have some in-hand images of the MPM-5 figure of Barricade, sporting his live-action design from the first appearance in the 2007 Paramount movie!

The images, mirrored below for your viewing convenience, are from regular suspect on weibo NOTRAB, and show off both the car mode (a licensed Saleen S281 Extreme Ford Mustang Police Car) and the robot mode, with a lot of emphasis on the latter. We get to see the face sculpt, and some of the features that Hasbro is highlighting in its marketing such as the Rotor Blade Wheel, the moveable faceplate, and some poseability. Take a look below, and let us know what you think in the Energon Pub!

Transformers News: In-Hand Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade

Credit(s): NOTRAB weibo

Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1924756)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on December 3rd, 2017 @ 9:13am CST
Just gets better looking everytime I see it.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1924765)
Posted by steals_your_goats on December 3rd, 2017 @ 9:59am CST
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1924767)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on December 3rd, 2017 @ 10:08am CST
steals_your_goats wrote:Meh. Looks okay but I'm the type of person who doesn't like to half ass lines so if I'm getting one mpm I'd like to get the others to go with it, but bumblebee and Optimus are pretty disappointing so I'll probably skip this line as a whole.

No more disappointing than any other supposed Masterpiece figure (the number of G1 MP figures without at least several flaws is a very tiny one or perhaps no number at all) and they are both amazing display pieces. I dunno if it's just cos I will ALWAYS take the more complex beautifully detailed movie designs over simplified G1 cartoon but this thing is just so damn gorgeous. Probably best damn thing Hastak have sculpted all year. This is why I'm into Transformers, not that horrendously blocky stuff like (TR Sixshot and Overlord come to mind, god i hate those things)
Ok no more. I'm sold. Now I just gotta wait for the release. So I will avoid any further pics best I can. I next want to see it on my shelf. :)
peace out. :D
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1924773)
Posted by UberSmaug on December 3rd, 2017 @ 10:30am CST

I agree on the fact that it is disappointing how lame the rest of my movie collection looks next to those two.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1924776)
Posted by steals_your_goats on December 3rd, 2017 @ 10:52am CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

peace out. :D

I find the longer I'm in this hobby the less I enjoy the movie designs. To me, they're not "beautifully detailed" they're jumbled eye sores with barely any defining features. Say what you will about the G1 designs but at least they're clean and memorable. I feel that the bayformer designs try way too hard to be "edgy and cool" and often miss the mark on both.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1924783)
Posted by Asepticon on December 3rd, 2017 @ 11:23am CST
"Are you Ladiesman217"?
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1924785)
Posted by Hydrargyrus on December 3rd, 2017 @ 11:27am CST
steals_your_goats wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

peace out. :D

That's why I like Prime art (It's in-between). Make a Masterpiece of one of those and I'm sold.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1924807)
Posted by transformers_va on December 3rd, 2017 @ 1:53pm CST
steals_your_goats wrote:To me, they're not "beautifully detailed" they're jumbled eye sores..

IMO, that has more to do with them being Bayformers rather than being Transformers. Ever since the first Bay film, I have been under the impression that the people responsible for these designs weren't even familiar with the franchise to start of with. Look at Starscream and Megatron.. these were ABSOLUTELY terrible designs! I think the toymakers have done a fairly decent job creating toys from pathetic movie character designs (although MPM-4 was disappointing due to the trickiness of lining everything up), but again that's just my opinion.

What Hollywood should really do is fire Bay, and get those who were involved with the 1986 animated movie to create a "real" Transformers film.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1924811)
Posted by dragons on December 3rd, 2017 @ 2:04pm CST
I may buy this figure an official looking figure of this character but he have to much grey on face not enough black I have to laugh I see articulation on transformers toy reviews all transformers toys look different but they all move Same in toy theme class same as watching gijoe reviews on characters all gijoe characters look different but they all move same in artucliation same can be said with transformers you know what to expect in articulation before it gets to bot mode
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1924812)
Posted by Emerje on December 3rd, 2017 @ 2:24pm CST
How do so many people have finished boxed copies of these in hand already when Japan hasn't even opened pre-orders yet? We should be months away from release, right? Seems awfully early for people to be sneaking completed figures out of the factory.

Emerje
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1924824)
Posted by President-prime on December 3rd, 2017 @ 3:24pm CST
This toy is a mess. I’m not gonna pick this up. Face sculpt looks nothing like a transformer. Salem is lacking glossy paint job. The human alliance barricade looks even better than this. My worst gripe. Say what you will but without rubber tires, can’t call this toy a masterpiece. May have second thoughts if see it in stores when in person. It’ll be the first masterpiece I️ won’t consider buying
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1924836)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 3rd, 2017 @ 4:00pm CST
transformers_va wrote:

Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1924884)
Posted by Randomhero on December 3rd, 2017 @ 9:30pm CST
transformers_va wrote:

Also one of the animators and designers for the first movie was in special features and his office and desk was so cluttered with transformers it’s amazing he ever got anything done. So yeah the guys behind the animation and stuff were hardcore fans. It was those animators that homaged kup transforming and jumping on blitzwing and knocking his turret and did that in the movie with jazz and brawl in the city fight. That wasn’t in the script, they added that because nerds,

After 10 years of the live action movies it’s always nice when a fan with the ‘ruined forever’ mentality pops up.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1924888)
Posted by Emerje on December 3rd, 2017 @ 10:14pm CST

The "it sucks because it should have been G1" argument lost steam by the second movie when it officially became a franchise and doubly so by the fourth movie when characters became even more solidly designed killing the "Bionicle" argument.

Emerje
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1924910)
Posted by transformers_va on December 4th, 2017 @ 1:09am CST
Randomhero wrote:Here’s an image of the original design Galvatron from the guy who designed your “Real transformers”

Comparing a work-in-progress Galvatron to a final design Bayformer is like comparing apples to oranges.. but even so, imo that Galvatron is far more pleasing than Megatron or Starscream.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1924951)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on December 4th, 2017 @ 10:22am CST
Emerje wrote:Indeed. I didn't like the movie designs at first, but after going onto six films it has really become its own thing. I've gone from only buying occasional characters that catch my eye, usually characters that weren't even in the movies, to trying to get the best version possible of each figure from the movies.

Emerje

Hck, that argument lost steam with Beast Wars! It's ridiculous to say the least. Not real Transformers my sine function!
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1924974)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on December 4th, 2017 @ 12:26pm CST
steals_your_goats wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

peace out. :D

It's kind of like, it's hard to really tell so many of them apart when you get right down to it. At least for me it is. They just look messy.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1925209)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on December 5th, 2017 @ 10:09am CST
10 years later, my first Transformers was a Bay figure and I still like the designs. There are some messy ones, but there are plenty of good ones too that I really enjoy.

This guy, he will be one of them. He nailed the look. The figure is amazing, the weapon is amazing, and this is a perfect Barricade. I'm hoping they keep doing the movie MP's. I would like to at least have the original 5 Autobots and Sideswipe done in MP form.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1925214)
Posted by TulioDude on December 5th, 2017 @ 10:18am CST

This guys looks awesome!He looks like he popped right out of the screen!Its really great to see so much love going in this toy nad I hope all the Masterpiece can get this level of passion in their design!
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:

Emerje

I agree!
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1930922)
Posted by Va'al on January 11th, 2018 @ 2:46am CST
While we did post some in-hand images of the Hasbro - Takara Tomy collaboration on Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade, back here, the recent private press event during the Hong Kong Toys and Games Fair 2018 which announced its successor MPM-6 Ironhide, also had previous figure Bumblebee and the Decepticon police car on display, as comparison and showcase.

Thanks to Hobbymizer administrator Stanley Cheung, who contacted us directly, we have some nice, clean, high-definition shots of the ladiesman217 seeker - which you can check out below! The shots include the figure in robot and vehicle mode, plus comparisons with a previous version of the figure and the Bumblebee Movie Masterpiece toy, as well as some close-ups of the spinning blade wheel weapon.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #277 - Daring to Be Stupid
"Daring to Be Stupid"
Posted: Sunday, May 30th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Battle for Cybertron 3 Sharkticons Attack Hotrod Figures" on EBAY
Buy "USA Transformers  Fans toys FT-20 FT20 A&B Terminus Giganticus G1 Omega Supreme" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Starscream Legion Class Dark of the Moon Hasbro Cyberverse" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS MOVIE ROTF SOUNDWAVE SIDESWIPE LEGENDS CLASS BRAND NEW SEALED 2009" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Siege - War for Cybertron - Brunt - Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Choro-Q QTF-06 Arcee New MISB (Takara TOMY Toyota Crown)" on EBAY
Buy "TAKARA TOMY METROPLEX Transformers Encore Scramble City 12 New" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS WAR FOR CYBERTRON: SIEGE DELUXE CLASS WFC-S10 SKYTREAD" on EBAY