In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus

Transformers News: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus

Thursday, March 15th, 2018 2:20PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 17,425

We have some new in-hand images of upcoming toys from Transformers Power of the Primes. These were all found on Notrab's Weibo page. We see Optimal Optimus and Optimus Primal in all their possible modes. There is one particular shot where we see both individual bots interacting with oneanother, something no other leader class figure can do. We also get our best look yet at the stickers, which continue to look off on the leaders (and voyagers). There is a sticker detail found on the smaller Optimus Primal cargo ship alt mode which is an homage to the sticker detail on G1 Optimus Prime's trailer. Do you feel it clashes with the rest of the style when combined to form the Optimal Optimus robot mode?

About the robot mode, this is our very first seeing the right look of the robot mode aside from a render. Here, we actually see the shoulder extensions which help change the look from gorilla to robot (in both the shoulders and forearms). We also get a very good look at the matrix he comes with. We do wan to note that this is a factory model, as evident from the stamp on the chest. Though with the presence of stickers, this is closer to the finished product than anything we have seen so far.

Also, we have a bonus image, it is all the Prime Master pretender decoy armours all lined up. We are still unsure where the remaining four will come from.

Enjoy!

Credit(s): Notrab
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus (1946349)
Posted by Ultra Markus on March 15th, 2018 @ 2:42pm CDT
That's a must have for me
And looks like we have 4 more prime masters left to reveal or are they going to short us on that too?
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus (1946351)
Posted by o.supreme on March 15th, 2018 @ 2:50pm CDT
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus (1946353)
Posted by Marcdachamp on March 15th, 2018 @ 2:58pm CDT
I cannot buy this quickly enough. I do kinda wish he had some chrome bits, but I really love the job they did on this.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus (1946357)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on March 15th, 2018 @ 3:28pm CDT
Optimal Optimus looks great, honestly. I don't get why so many people are upset that the cockpit/matrix chamber is blue transparent plastic instead of orange. The orange is toy accurate, but the blue is screen accurate, so it isn't completely out of left field or out of place. Plus, the orange cockpit would look a little odd on the Optimus Primal figure. Blue matches his overall motif of black, white, red, and blue. It would have been nice if they had made the robot mode eyes for Optimal Optimus green as they are on the show as well, but I can live with that. Optimus Primal's eyes are traditionally red anyway. The only thing that I can call a real disappointment is that he doesn't have his "ground vehicle" alt mode. That's been replaced by the "surfing gorilla" mode to homage the Primal's first Transmetal form, so you still get four different modes all told for Optimal Optimus. I hope this comes out soon. I think I'm going to have a separate display just of the Power of the Primes trio of Matrix bearers. They'll look great together, standing tall, proudly carrying the combined knowledge and wisdom of all the Primes from ages past within them.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus (1946366)
Posted by Toralite on March 15th, 2018 @ 4:13pm CDT
when is he coming out????
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus (1946367)
Posted by Galactic Prime on March 15th, 2018 @ 4:17pm CDT
I should really Thank Hasbro for saving me 60 dollars on this crappy Beast Wars toy.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus (1946369)
Posted by WreckerJack on March 15th, 2018 @ 4:21pm CDT
Oh the jokes to be made about those guns...
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus (1946370)
Posted by blackeyedprime on March 15th, 2018 @ 4:30pm CDT
I'm the other way and unthankful in that I will probably pay £70 more for the third party figure now. the orig Beast wars figure is much nicer and the wheeled mode defines the whole point of the figure/character to me, i'd rather have had a wheeled mode than the spaceship or the irrelevant surfboarding monkey mode Transmetal nod.

I guess the figures okay for the younger generation/gimmick, not keen on the trailer homage stickers but if the flame gun effects come with it, that is a nice touch and maybe we will see more 'effect' type accessories like they do with Marvel Legends figures now? Easy pass for me.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus (1946371)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on March 15th, 2018 @ 4:31pm CDT
WreckerJack wrote:Oh the jokes to be made about those guns...

Still nowhere near the level of awkward as Wreck-Gar’s antena nipples.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus (1946376)
Posted by Munkky on March 15th, 2018 @ 4:49pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:There is an exclusive Onyx Prime coming with Predaking (no prime armor though, just the PM itself) that was shown at NYTF last month. But fans are still hoping to get the remaining 4 with Pretender Shells/Prime Armor. I know a couple fans have speculated/mentioned getting them as a set, but I'd prefer individual releases for these just for the sake of consistency, but as we know, Hasbro is anything but consistent :( . Wardens team stated there are still some reveals left for PotP, despite it ending this year, ...what those are is anybody's guess, since everything in the leak of last July has now been officially promoted.

I'd say at this point, the easiest way to do it is to put the last few Prime Masters with the various exclusives that are coming out this year (Wreck-Gar, Repugnus and Counterpunch), like how a clear plastic Megatronus will be packed with Blast Off. Granted they probably won't have Pretender shells, but at least we'd get them.

Toralite wrote:when is he coming out????

June/July I'd imagine.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus (1946379)
Posted by 1984forever on March 15th, 2018 @ 5:12pm CDT
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus (1946384)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on March 15th, 2018 @ 6:04pm CDT
Got my hungurr and elita-1 today, hungurr is amazing, his torso is solid and much more mass-ive than his mold-sake silverbolt
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus (1946394)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on March 15th, 2018 @ 6:46pm CDT
Is it just me, or does anyone else think hungurr has beachcomber's face? like, they're far too similar for comfort :shock:
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus (1946395)
Posted by Skritz on March 15th, 2018 @ 6:53pm CDT
1984forever wrote:Well, Primal is in a later wave so he’ll only be on a few store shelves, and the scalpers will snatch those up pretty quickly, which means that I’m safe from ever seeing this garish monstrosity in person.

You sure live up to your username.

Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus (1946403)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on March 15th, 2018 @ 7:16pm CDT
Skritz wrote:As for Primal itself: personally I like it, even if in many aspects it's not on par with the original. That said, the fact that his Transmetal ape form exist near-complete and independently of him makes me think that he's something like a Pretender. He even combine with his shell, similar to Mega/Ultra pretenders. Which is an interesting presumably-accidental homage in design in a line that features the return of the Pretenders.

In a way, Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus homages all three of Optimus Primal's forms on the original Beast Wars cartoon. You have his first season look with the deluxe Optimus Prime figure, though it doesn't turn into a gorilla. You have the second season look transmetal surfing gorilla homage when you put the gorilla mode Optimal Optimus on the Cybertronian transport mode Optimus Primal, though it of course doesn't look like his transmetal form in robot or beast mode. And finally, you of course have the third season Optimal Optimus look when Optimus primal protect the spark of Optimus Prime within his own body, though it is missing the ground-based vehicle mode. While I wouldn't call this figure perfect by any means, it covers a LOT of ground with Optimus Primal, fitting in all sorts of neat little gimmicks and callbacks, for a figure that won a fan poll less than a year ago. Hasbro and Takara put a lot of work into this, and I appreciate it.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus (1946404)
Posted by Skritz on March 15th, 2018 @ 7:21pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:

Same and I wonder if it wouldn't look nicer (if obviously not show accurate) if the gorilla and Optimal robot mode matched the grey, white, red and blue color scheme. Like a synthesis of all his designs with his best color scheme.

Sort of like an Optimal version of this. http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/4/4 ... h-Wars.jpg
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus (1946405)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on March 15th, 2018 @ 7:28pm CDT
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus (1946408)
Posted by Skritz on March 15th, 2018 @ 7:36pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:This primal has, like, 10 modes, I swear, I keep losing track of how many ways they can be transformed and/or integrated :shock:

Let's see:
-Robot Mode/Space [strike]Turd[/strike] Log Mode for deluxe Primal
-Robot Mode/Surfing Mode/Robot Mode/'Jet' Mode/Gorilla-with-guns mode for their combined form

That's technically kinda seven?
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus (1946409)
Posted by Acesmcgee on March 15th, 2018 @ 7:39pm CDT
I do have to say that in those photos, the colors aren't as terrible as I first thought.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus (1946410)
Posted by Skritz on March 15th, 2018 @ 7:40pm CDT
Acesmcgee wrote:He is interesting for sure, but not sure if I'm going to pull the trigger on primal. If I do that I'll have to start pulling in other Beast Wars era figures and I only just started to really get somewhere on my G1 era figures.

They are fairly close to the original, if a bit darker and without the metallic aspect.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #203 - Light Bringer