Thursday, November 3rd, 2016 11:53am CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News
Posted by: Bronzewolf   Views: 51,683

Our old pal Paul Agnew is back at it again! After posting our first look at the new Robots In Disguise Combiner Force toys at retail, and now he's posted some in-hand photos of the two most anticipated figures from the first wave of Legion-class figures, Springload and Starscream! He includes some up-close shots of both, how they scale to some other figures, and the first pictures we've seen of their alt modes! Check the pics out below, and tell us in the comments if these additional angles changed your opinions on the figures for better or worse.

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

Credit(s): Paul Agnew

This article was last modified on Thursday, November 3rd, 2016 3:07pm CDT

Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Legion Class Starscream and Springload (1838813)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 3rd, 2016 @ 1:43pm CDT
Springload is so adorable. I will get him again
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Legion Class Starscream and Springload (1838816)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on November 3rd, 2016 @ 1:47pm CDT
Starscream looks amazing, he is a must buy. Cant believe how much paint he has, if it wasnt for the sticker i wouldnt believe hes a hasbro release.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Legion Class Starscream and Springload (1838824)
Posted by Bronzewolf on November 3rd, 2016 @ 2:10pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Springload is so adorable. I will get him again

His vehicle mode SCREAMS G1 Minibot. I love it.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Legion Class Starscream and Springload (1838827)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 3rd, 2016 @ 2:12pm CDT
Bronzewolf wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Springload is so adorable. I will get him again

His vehicle mode SCREAMS G1 Minibot. I love it.
I want him so that way I can give the cons 2 pets, like how my legion Underbite acts like a little doggy to the rest of the cons.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Legion Class Starscream and Springload (1838829)
Posted by Bronzewolf on November 3rd, 2016 @ 2:14pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Bronzewolf wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Springload is so adorable. I will get him again

His vehicle mode SCREAMS G1 Minibot. I love it.

Oh, yeah, I love doing that. RID sawback or Rescue Bots Servo are good examples of that for me. Love having some dogs for the bots.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Legion Class Starscream and Springload (1838834)
Posted by Cobotron on November 3rd, 2016 @ 2:19pm CDT

:lol:
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Legion Class Starscream and Springload (1838847)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 3rd, 2016 @ 2:32pm CDT
And now Grimlock can have a pet frog!
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Legion Class Starscream and Springload (1838854)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on November 3rd, 2016 @ 2:52pm CDT
i might have to get that springload looks cool.
before they do a warrior sized springload they need to do underbite.
starscream looks ugly
more importantly where's my news cred at.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Legion Class Starscream and Springload (1838858)
Posted by william-james88 on November 3rd, 2016 @ 2:59pm CDT
Bumblebee21 wrote:i might have to get that springload looks cool.
before they do a warrior sized springload they need to do underbite.
starscream looks ugly
more importantly where's my news cred at.

Wouldnt a warrior underbite be too small?
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Legion Class Starscream and Springload (1838859)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on November 3rd, 2016 @ 3:01pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Bumblebee21 wrote:i might have to get that springload looks cool.
before they do a warrior sized springload they need to do underbite.
starscream looks ugly
more importantly where's my news cred at.

Wouldnt a warrior underbite be too small?

better than our current options
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Legion Class Starscream and Springload (1838861)
Posted by Kyleor on November 3rd, 2016 @ 3:03pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Bumblebee21 wrote:i might have to get that springload looks cool.
before they do a warrior sized springload they need to do underbite.
starscream looks ugly
more importantly where's my news cred at.

Wouldnt a warrior underbite be too small?

I though Underbite was roughly the same size as the others before he bulks up on munchies.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Legion Class Starscream and Springload (1838871)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 3rd, 2016 @ 3:19pm CDT
Glad they finally got Springload's truck altmode correct.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Legion Class Starscream and Springload (1838874)
Posted by Kurona on November 3rd, 2016 @ 3:25pm CDT
Strongarm's been retooled into Ratchet, Windblade into Starscream...

If this bee-team-into-tfp-characters keeps up, who wants to bet we'll see Bumblebee and Sideswipe into Wheeljack and Smokescreen?
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Legion Class Starscream and Springload (1838877)
Posted by Cobotron on November 3rd, 2016 @ 3:31pm CDT
Kurona wrote:Strongarm's been retooled into Ratchet, Windblade into Starscream...

HA! Maybe. I still call Jazz into Prowl. Eventually. IF Prowl were to show up. >:oP
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Legion Class Starscream and Springload (1838924)
Posted by RAR on November 3rd, 2016 @ 7:54pm CDT
A new mould Ratchet and a Legion Jazz would be great as would some of the more eccentric Decepticons.

If we are lucky they might make another wave of RID Legions before they swap over to making Movie-bot ones (which I think they should as they missed out on Legions for AOE - so they have a lot to catch up on).

I don't think there is a need really to make many more Legions for RID - heck they might not make ANY more as the Combiner Force toys are very small so they kind of fill in for the idea, and unless they go new mould crazy and do things like Jazz (and I'm sure regular viewers of the show can make many many better suggestions than I can).

I would kind of like an RID Legion giftset of the relevant characters in blue and another set of them in sandy deco; as they have been a bit haphazard about that.

I also think that after the Movie stuff is out of the way for a little bit - in the gaps between Movies they should tone down the Movie legions and release some classics characters in that scale as a pallet cleanser between Movies - Examples : Sideswipe/Red Alert, Tracks/Road Rage, Swerve/Gears, Windcharger/Tailgate.

Then they can go back to the movie ones when the Next Movie comes out - then have a 1 or 2 wave break again more classics or Universe stuff (Armada Legions would be wonderful to have) The Movie stuff again - and then another gap and then the Bumblebee Movie.

Also I can see another Transformers Videogame (of some consequence) happening before 2019 so if they do that then some game related legions would be great.

The reason I think Legions would be nice is they work super well with the Titan-class toys we will be getting, but RID doesn't really play into that.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Legion Class Starscream and Springload (1838927)
Posted by Kurona on November 3rd, 2016 @ 7:59pm CDT
RAR wrote:I don't think there is a need really to make many more Legions for RID - heck they might not make ANY more

... but this news post is literally about two new legion figures in combiner force
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Legion Class Starscream and Springload (1838935)
Posted by RAR on November 3rd, 2016 @ 8:53pm CDT
See I told you this whole Combiner Force thing was confusing - it's as confusing as calling everything "Titan" something or other was/is.

I'm talking about the "actual" Combining toys in the combiner force line - and commenting that they are really small and as such there might not be a huge need to have legions and them at the same time.

Since these Legions ship "Before" the combining ones - I don't think they are quite comparable in all respects though as the other ones are sold in 2 packs and are a bit bigger.

-----

I don't want them to stop making RID legions - I was just speculating that they'd be damn fools if they don't make Movie Legions for The Last Knight considering they didn't both last time - and RID is going to be pretty much over & done with by the time the movie comes out.

-------

But it's not that many weeks until Feb and The Toyfare so our questions & answers may be addressed then.

Assuming Hasbro remember to bring half the things they are making this time - as they have had a bad habit of missing things out at some shows.

----

But yes I'd love to see a couple more waves of RID legions if they can get them out in time - and then change over to Movie legions.

I just have the horrible thought that they might go one-step crazy again for the Movies and try to sell us the same sort of thing all over again - I'd rather they dropped Onestep for a year concentrated on Legion class for all of 2017 then played catch up with the few new Characters for the follow up Movies.

As otherwise One-step & Legion can trip over each other a bit at retail.

A offering like DOTM's two sizes of Cyberverse line would be ideal for me.
I need a break from one steps they have made to many that are to similar.

I really don't see the need to make all the returning characters from AOE all over again as onesteps the only way a Movie One step line would make sense to me is if it's a "Celebration" line for all the Movie as it's the 10th Anniversary - then that makes perfect sense as they can do One-step Constructicons/Ironhide/Jazz/Dino/Wheeljack/Ratchet/Soundwave/Brawl/Bonecrusher/Blackout/Frenzy etc...

Just making Crosshairs/bumblebee/Hound again is pointless and boring.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Legion Class Starscream and Springload (1839143)
Posted by william-james88 on November 4th, 2016 @ 4:03pm CDT
You know what pisses me off, we just had toyfair, and where were these awesome legions?

NOWHERE TO BE SEEN.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Legion Class Starscream and Springload (1839151)
Posted by Kurona on November 4th, 2016 @ 4:12pm CDT
It is a bit odd they were neglected. Maybe between showing off their new toyline theme and the new Warriors - ie, the main thing most older fans are interested in from this line - there just wasn't space?
I'm not complaining, nice to get a surprise once in a while.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Legion Class Starscream and Springload (1839154)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on November 4th, 2016 @ 4:17pm CDT
Thinking more about it, I think Starscream just shares some parts with Windblade. I just remembered, that the arms were directly attached to the wings, while on Starscream it's an entirely separate arm/shoulder unit.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021