In-Hand Images of Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Soundwave

In-Hand Images of Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Soundwave

Friday, January 27th, 2017 10:29am CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 33,537

Hasbro Transformers RID
Combiner Force Soundwave

Robot in Disguise is enter a new Chapter and Sonundwave is about to show up. This Soundwave design is kind of mix between series TF Prime and Video game War for Cybertron. A TFP head with a WFC body.

This warrior class Soundwave is really good, outstanding from the whole RID toy line. It just give you a feeling that TF Prime series is back!

Transformation is pretty details in his class. The way he flip up is quite new and every parts is lock up nicely and clean. Also thanks to the transformation Soundwave have a decent posing ability.

Overall, RID Soundwave shows that he properly the best figure in the whole series and highly recommend to every TF fans even you not enjoy the RID series.

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

Credit(s): Loopaza Mega Store

Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Soundwave (1855123)
Posted by william-james88 on January 27th, 2017 @ 10:35am CST
A few things I had not noticed yet is how the arms and hands are fully visible in truck mode and how they have hinged flaps which stay in robot mode. But aside fom that he looks good.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Soundwave (1855140)
Posted by Kyleor on January 27th, 2017 @ 11:16am CST
It'll be interesting to see Steeljaw and Soundwave side by side, they seem very similar.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Soundwave (1855178)
Posted by SureShot18 on January 27th, 2017 @ 1:42pm CST
Something's looked off about this guy in my opinion but I couldn't put my finger on it. I think I've got it now, the chest sticks out a little too far. I don't know if anybody else feels that way. I
Edit: I've just noticed that he's got some light piping. I must be starved from light piping because I actually got excited when I saw it.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Soundwave (1855181)
Posted by RAR on January 27th, 2017 @ 2:06pm CST
Am I crazy or are the windows smaller on the Warrior Class one that they are on the Activator one ?

---

Oh an mild off-topic Rant alert/

"Activator" now there is a term they've used before on multiple lines - just like they over used 'Titan' too.

I dislike that they do that it's just another layer of added confusion for new collectors who start with a current line and then work backwards to the previous ones.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Soundwave (1855228)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on January 27th, 2017 @ 3:42pm CST
Va'al wrote:Loopaza Mega Store just keeps delivering, as their Facebook page has shared a batch of images for the upcoming Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Soundwave figure, in the warrior class. The redesigned Decepticon can be seen in the photos mirrored below - check them out and sound off in the Energon Pub!

Hasbro Transformers RID
Combiner Force Soundwave

Btw i'm glad they thought to include the fanmode boombox ;)
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Soundwave (1855231)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on January 27th, 2017 @ 4:12pm CST
RAR wrote:I'm going to wait and see what happens at Toyfair before getting to worried about the lack of Ratchet and Bisk Warrior Class - fortunately it's likely (possibly even confirmed) that Legion Bisk is to be repacked in a later wave so I won't hopefully miss out on him.

It would be nice if Hasbro put in that little extra effort or made a gift set of something so they can do things like the other blue and sandy deco characters they've missed and maybe if they are really feeling generous make a new chest for Legion Bisk so he can be turned into a little Thermidor.

I'm a little concerned that the line might end before the chance of a Bisk and Ratchet Warrior Repack is even raised.
If I see no listings of future wave packing show them then I will jump on an ebay or Amazon listing or see if any of the online retailers have any left same with scatter spike - even if I would have liked her more with a new head the pair is a pair worth completing.

I really wish Hasbro would show some imagination with their flanker sub-brands though it's so tedious to get (insert sub-title here) Bumblebee or Sideswipe so much. there are some of these gimics that would be nice with a Decepticon.

I would have appreciated it if they'd done what they did with CrazyBolt (still can't find him) and Overload and put random Decepticons in their sublines. Especially that digger one. Groundpounder/Groundshaker ground-whatever he's called would benefit from a bigger toy.

Activators Springload would likely work too.
I'd like more of the RID Decepticons if for no other reason than that they are NEW CHARACTERS !!!
----

Out of curiosity which Decepticon do you folks think really seem to be a noticeable lack so far ?

God i hope this doesn't set back the release of Warrior Class Thermidor :(
coz i prefer that mold in those colours
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Soundwave (1855232)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on January 27th, 2017 @ 4:15pm CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Considering season 3 is supposed to have Cybertron in it with Prime, Cyclonus, and the such, I imagine Jazz will be making a return. He's sorta the RiD version of Wheeljack

Whaa :shock: we're getting a Cyclonus?

tell me it's not gonna be a combiner like the CW one >:oP
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Soundwave (1855236)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 27th, 2017 @ 4:33pm CST
Stuartmaximus wrote:

Whaa :shock: we're getting a Cyclonus?

tell me it's not gonna be a combiner like the CW one >:oP

Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Soundwave (1855245)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on January 27th, 2017 @ 5:11pm CST
PrymeStriker wrote:
Stuartmaximus wrote:

Whaa :shock: we're getting a Cyclonus?

tell me it's not gonna be a combiner like the CW one >:oP

Ah right, thanks ;)^

that one looks Legion Class, i hope they do a bigger scale version
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Soundwave (1855246)
Posted by Kurona on January 27th, 2017 @ 5:18pm CST
And I of course get why they did since it's the same character, and I do like the head design... but my god, it is so unfitting. TFP Soundwave's head design is made specifically for a much more slender and angular aesthetic like, well, TFP Soundwave; it doesn't work on something so blocky and bulky.
I don't mean to sound geewunner-ish but the design would have benefited so much from having a head design much more similar to G1 Soundwave's. This is just too jarring a contrast for me.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Soundwave (1855256)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 27th, 2017 @ 6:06pm CST
Kurona wrote:I'm not entirely sure about Soundwave, honestly. Ever since it was first revealed I've had the same feeling - it's a friggin' awesome design that pays homage to most major Soundwaves in the franchise's history... but then they plonk TFP Soundwave's head on it.
Just imagine it as Prime Soundwave wearing a big bulky exosuit over his slender body, using his cables to manipulate any parts his arms and legs can't normally reach due to the awkward proportions of the suit. 8-}
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Soundwave (1855275)
Posted by Cobotron on January 27th, 2017 @ 7:42pm CST
:shock: So Soundwave's entire face is light piped?..... :michaelbay:
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Soundwave (1855381)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 28th, 2017 @ 10:14am CST
Sabrblade wrote:

That's more or less what I did. Soundwave looks like he's been lifting weights to me, so I don't think the head is necessarily out of place. The chest sticks out too much on the bottom, but nothing a hunch over can't fix......I think. Prime Soundwave is hunched his damn self anyway.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Soundwave (1855486)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on January 28th, 2017 @ 5:13pm CST
I love where they were going with this new Soundwave, but that chest is looking way to out of proportion with the rest of his body to warrant getting at this juncture. He will definitely be an in-hand assessment.

Excited to maybe see pic's of thermidor next month =P~
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Soundwave (1855502)
Posted by steals_your_goats on January 28th, 2017 @ 7:46pm CST
So I've been pretty off and on with the rid line. The stuff looks cool but I'm more of a generations and now a masterpiece collector so this line has taken a back seat. Now that being said I picked up Stormshot a few weeks ago and God damn. He is now my favorite figure. His bot mode is so sleek and kick ass and he's just solid. Like his entire torso feels like a solid chunk of plastic. He's such a satisfying figure and I love how he's an entirely new guy and he blends in pretty perfectly with a generations collection. Can not recommend enough.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Soundwave (1855505)
Posted by RAR on January 28th, 2017 @ 8:21pm CST
steals_your_goats wrote: I love how he's an entirely new guy.

Me too.

So rare now each is like a precious pearl (yes even Alpha Bravo)
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Soundwave (1855510)
Posted by Kurona on January 28th, 2017 @ 8:36pm CST
RAR wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote: I love how he's an entirely new guy.

Me too.

So rare now each is like a precious pearl (yes even Alpha Bravo)

I'm surprised how much Alpha Bravo worked actually; despite being a simple redeco the application, balance and difference in colours compared to Vortex helped achieve a very different visual iconography. In my opinion he's one of the best redecoes in Transformers history. Also helps that when he got characterisation he's the best Aerialbot ever and leagues ahead of most combiner team components

All that aside... yeah, I must agree entirely. While it does make perfect sense to re-use the same characters in different iterations so as to be recognisable, it does make me sad when we get so few new characters due to that - especially when a strong point of this franchise is, in my opinion, a huge backlog of different characters that are usually different and unique in some way. It excites me when that can be added to and RiD 2015 is the first time in almost a decade it's been done on such a wide scale - I can't recall a single Decepticon in the series that wasn't a new original character until Soundwave and Starscream showed up.
Which is also why it's almost a shame for me that we seem to be looping back around into new versions of old characters again. I mean I love Soundwave and Bludgeon and Cyclonus as much as the next guy but RiD had a really cool thing going with mostly original characters for a while and it's a shame to see it go.
It's also very aggravating because it is once again a change in pace for the continuity - TFP was, in large part, going for a new take on everything that had gone before. Taking concepts from every past series and merging them into one ultimate thing a bit like DC and Marvel do with their multiple reboots. ... except good. Okay, cool. I'm on board with this. But then RiD 2015 came along and suddenly it's a completely different tone and most characters are original? I'm fine with that, but making it a continuation of a series in stark contrast to that makes me a bit hesitant to deal with the idea and feel the two universes are one and the same. And then just as I'm getting used to it, they bring in Starscream and Soundwave and apparently a bunch of other old character and I'm just... this is cool but can you just decide what you're doing already? I like both, really, but this constant back and forth is getting really annoying and I have no clue what you want to do. Pick one and roll with it for the whole continuity, then if you want to do the other one start a new continuity. It's not hard, you done it all the time before... just please have some consistency here.

... blah. Sorry I launched into that rant there, once you get me going you just can't stop me.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Soundwave (1855520)
Posted by william-james88 on January 28th, 2017 @ 9:32pm CST
Kurona wrote:I can't recall a single Decepticon in the series that wasn't a new original character until Soundwave and Starscream showed up.

Megatronus was not new, and Scorponok is not original. Neither is Kickback

Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Soundwave (1855521)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on January 28th, 2017 @ 9:52pm CST
Chop Shop is not completely original either, as he uses the G1 insect motif and its kleptomaniac tendencies.

And Crazybolt is based on the Beast Wars Neo character of the same name

I think that's all of them, which is just as well.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Soundwave (1855523)
Posted by Kurona on January 28th, 2017 @ 10:17pm CST
Of those though, most of them are rather distinct entities from their inspirations to the point one has to wonder if they took anything from them other than the name and a vague idea of their beast modes.
I admittedly forgot about Megatronus though. To be fair he's not that memorable

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "TRANSFORMERS Generations - Combiner Wars-AUTOBOT HOUND Figure - Sky Reign Piece" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Studio Series 42 - Construction Long Haul Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "SILVERBOLT AERIALBOT TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE GENERATIONS ULTRA CLASS 2008 MISB" on EBAY
Buy "2016 Hasbro Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Laserbeak + Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS ER EX-18 IRONHIDE & PROWL Figure MIB by Takara Tomy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron: Kingdom Deluxe WFC-K16 Huffer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Rumble & Ratbat U.S. Seller New!" on EBAY