In-Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series SS-45 AOE Helicopter Mode Drift

In-Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series SS-45 AOE Helicopter Mode Drift

Tuesday, July 23rd, 2019 10:58pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Nathaniel Prime   Views: 20,448

Transformers News: In-Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series SS-45 AOE Helicopter Mode Drift

This figure is slated to be released late August of this year, along with Car Mode Dropkick and Constructicon Hightower.

Will you be picking up this figure? Are you content with your other Drift(s)? Tell us in the discussion below.

Credit(s): TFDN Facebook

Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series SS-45 AOE Helicopter Mode Drift (2031287)
Posted by Deadput on July 23rd, 2019 @ 11:05pm CDT
This Drift looks pretty good in my opinion.

Think I might actually get him for my Siege collection since he looks "Cybertronian" enough.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series SS-45 AOE Helicopter Mode Drift (2031288)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on July 23rd, 2019 @ 11:11pm CDT
Deadput wrote:This Drift looks pretty good in my opinion.

I suppose he could work there.

Great idea! ;)^
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series SS-45 AOE Helicopter Mode Drift (2031290)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on July 23rd, 2019 @ 11:24pm CDT

This figure, along with Helicopter Drift and Constructicon Hightower, are slated to release in late August.

Will you be trusting this bot enough to take him to your home leader, and finally let him in? Or has he popped one too many indigenous lifeforms for you to handle? Let us know in the discussion below.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series SS-45 AOE Helicopter Mode Drift (2031320)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on July 24th, 2019 @ 4:55am CDT
Nathaniel Prime wrote:Fellow Seibertronians! Yours truly has discovered some exciting news, this time being about the new Transformers Studio Series SS-45 Age Of Extinction Helicopter Mode Autobot Drift (phew!). Thanks to the TFND Facebook page, we now have in hand images of this new figure to show you. Despite being a retool of the very lackluster (and still shelfwarming) Helicopter Dropkick, this figure manages to pull off an accurate representation of Drift as he appeared in Age Of Extinction. These photos show off the detail of the robot mode, helicopter mode, packaging, and some comparisons with the previous Studio Series Drift, as well as Copter Drift's retool, Dropkick.

You might have sold me on that Drift w/ dinos set. I actually wish they'd re issue the DOTM (?) blue Bugatti again. I wonder how he'd scale. I know he transformed completely backwards from the "current" Mercedes Drift.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series SS-45 AOE Helicopter Mode Drift (2031321)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on July 24th, 2019 @ 5:01am CDT
Nathaniel Prime wrote:Fellow Seibertronians! Hot off the heels of the in hand images of Helicopter Drift, we now have a video review of the new Transformers Studio Series SS-46 Car Mode Dropkick! Thanks to fellow Seibertronian TFanPage101, we present to you the first video review of this new figure from YouTube Reviewer Kevin Liu. In the video, Kevin shows off the transformation, detail, and articulation of the snazzy blue 'Con.

Both Shatter and Dropkick really had some interesting things going on with their conversions. Almost reminiscent of DOTM levels of fiddly. I do wish Hasbro would stop with the unpainted snap-on wheels though.. they just look so cheap... I also understand there's not a whole lot of room to hide the arms on either figure but they're just kind of hanging out down there.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series SS-45 AOE Helicopter Mode Drift (2031368)
Posted by Fox Thiagarajan on July 24th, 2019 @ 2:00pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
Drift082111 wrote:I still can't get on board with labeling an accessory laden Voyager class figure as a Leader class. Maybe I'm just too much of a curmudgeon.

I really don't like it with Siege Shockwave cos that's a completely made up add on that's also rather goofy at times (like when it's a backpack of arms and legs), but at least with DotM Optimus it's an already establshed and much requested add on in all it's configurations.

I rest now. Night. :)

Honestly you read my mind bc I was thinking of Seige Shockwave when I wrote this.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series SS-45 AOE Helicopter Mode Drift (2031374)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on July 24th, 2019 @ 2:49pm CDT
9qcuqa4799c31.jpg

Hey guys, notice the bot on the far right?

Is that indicative of SS KSI Boss hitting retail already?
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series SS-45 AOE Helicopter Mode Drift (2031376)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 24th, 2019 @ 2:52pm CDT
Could be, or is just a good nitro zeus custom :?
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series SS-45 AOE Helicopter Mode Drift (2031412)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 24th, 2019 @ 6:43pm CDT
I'm torn on KSI Boss cause I love that mold but have it twice already.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series SS-45 AOE Helicopter Mode Drift (2031417)
Posted by Stargrave on July 24th, 2019 @ 6:50pm CDT
I couldn’t muster up the love for the last two but now with this paint job I totally cant say no. Time to get out the Titan Masters bin :lol:
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series SS-45 AOE Helicopter Mode Drift (2031434)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on July 24th, 2019 @ 8:14pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I'm torn on KSI Boss cause I love that mold but have it twice already.

Do you collect Seekers?
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series SS-45 AOE Helicopter Mode Drift (2031435)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 24th, 2019 @ 8:20pm CDT
Nathaniel Prime wrote:

Do you collect Seekers?

Not really no. I have the 3 FOC Seekers, but that is as close as I am to having several seekers. I plan to collect the seekers from Siege minus Starscream and Thundercracker most likely.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series SS-45 AOE Helicopter Mode Drift (2031436)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on July 24th, 2019 @ 8:22pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Nathaniel Prime wrote:

Do you collect Seekers?

I would get KSI Boss anyway just for the awesome paintjob. Plus, more characters for your Titan Masters I guess.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series SS-45 AOE Helicopter Mode Drift (2031448)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 24th, 2019 @ 9:58pm CDT
You could have the KSI Boss be the boss of the other two. ;)
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series SS-45 AOE Helicopter Mode Drift (2031599)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 25th, 2019 @ 5:58pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
You could have the KSI Boss be the boss of the other two. ;)

He needs gold chains before he can truly be their boss
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series SS-45 AOE Helicopter Mode Drift (2031608)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 25th, 2019 @ 6:14pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
You could have the KSI Boss be the boss of the other two. ;)

He needs gold chains before he can truly be their boss
He does have gold adornments on his chest. ;)
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series SS-45 AOE Helicopter Mode Drift (2031645)
Posted by Stargrave on July 25th, 2019 @ 9:12pm CDT
How has Han Cholo not jumped on that one? :lol:
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series SS-45 AOE Helicopter Mode Drift (2031664)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on July 26th, 2019 @ 12:01am CDT
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series SS-45 AOE Helicopter Mode Drift (2031680)
Posted by Ig89ninja on July 26th, 2019 @ 8:17am CDT
Decepticon Stryker wrote:So, is Shatter worth it? I have a chance at a discount and I want to know if the mold is worth any amount of money. I've heard very negative things about it and barely anything good. Just looking for a second opinion before going in.

Unless you’re willing to only keep her on display and never play with her, or just keep her in her car mode, I wouldn’t pick her up.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series SS-45 AOE Helicopter Mode Drift (2031722)
Posted by william-james88 on July 26th, 2019 @ 12:09pm CDT
Once in a while, Universal has exclusive Transformers toys, usually movie related (but not always). Well, with the Studio Series line, it seems Universal has some new molds to choose their exclusives from. They will be getting a grey redeco of Transformers Dark of the Moon leader Megatron (aka Hobo-tron to some). We have the official renders below. From them, we see that he does not come with the tarp or his little buddy.

The deco is most probably inspired by Universal Studio's Megatron who taunts kids at the park, and who is rather popular on youtube (you can see an example below).

It is unknown at this time how this toy will be available outside of Universal, though the previous Snarl exclusive was found practically nowhere else. So, are you excited? Let us know!

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Sideswipe & Bumblebee MIX LOT 3’" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Stuntwing Mini Con" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Robots in Disguise GRIMLOCK Hasbro Warrior Class Combiner Force NIP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Stormshot Jet Robots In Disguise Warrior Class Jet" on EBAY
Buy "STRONGARM Transformers - Robots in Disguise" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Soundwave lot complete WFC Cassette Corp Ratbat Rumble Ravage" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise - CLIFFJUMPER  - NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Soundblaster complete WFC 35TH Anniversary Generations" on EBAY