In-Hand Images of Transformers Titans Return Leader Skyshadow

Transformers News: In-Hand Images of Transformers Titans Return Leader Skyshadow

Thursday, December 8th, 2016 1:33PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 47,360

Fellow Seibertronian Autobot N has sent us a thread on Imgur that shows off the upcoming Transformers Titans Return Leader class Sky Shadow - the rumoured mold-mate to an upcoming Overlord. The figure has a tank mode, a jet mode, a base mode, and the two combine to form both robot and a something mode, all of which you can see for yourselves below!

Credit(s): Imgur
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Titans Return Leader Skyshadow (1846188)
Posted by Kurona on December 8th, 2016 @ 1:37pm CST
He's gonna make a great Overlord.

Can't wait for Top Spin either ;)
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Titans Return Leader Skyshadow (1846189)
Posted by Va'al on December 8th, 2016 @ 1:37pm CST

Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Titans Return Leader Skyshadow (1846192)
Posted by Bounti76 on December 8th, 2016 @ 1:41pm CST
Dr Va'al wrote:As part of the set of images showing the upcoming Leader Skyshadow figure, we also have a visual sighting of the Transformers Titans Return deluxe Autobot Topspin, from the back of the big bad Decepticon Phase Sixer's box. You can check out the Wrecker twin below!

Well, now we know one more that will be in Perceptor's wave. I'm guessing that Twin Twist will follow at some point. I just can't figure out if Topspin is a new mold, a heavy retool, or a mold that just shares engineering with another figure.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Titans Return Leader Skyshadow (1846196)
Posted by william-james88 on December 8th, 2016 @ 1:45pm CST
That transformation is quite simple though. But he looks good. I am curious to see how much of a retool Overlord will be.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Titans Return Leader Skyshadow (1846198)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 8th, 2016 @ 1:47pm CST
We told ya, it's Sky Shadow, not Black Shadow as first announced. ;)
[/gloat]

*ahem*

So, Topspin eh? I'd wager he's an all-new mold, to be shared with Twintwist as a major retool. We'll see once we get a look at his Titan Master.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Titans Return Leader Skyshadow (1846199)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on December 8th, 2016 @ 1:48pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I'm thinking he looks like a retool of Highbrow.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Titans Return Leader Skyshadow (1846202)
Posted by william-james88 on December 8th, 2016 @ 1:53pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:We told ya, it's Sky Shadow, not Black Shadow as first announced. ;)
[/gloat]

*ahem*

I dont know why anyone thought it wouldnt be sky shadow, that was the name on the listing since day one: http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... dow/36300/

Anyways about topspin, the first thing I thought of was Twinferno actually. With those weapons on his shoulders going voer his hands to look like the twin cockpits.

But I always hope its a new mold so let's see :)
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Titans Return Leader Skyshadow (1846204)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on December 8th, 2016 @ 1:58pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
[/gloat]

*ahem*

But I always hope its a new mold so let's see :)

The elbows and thighs really scream Highbrow to me. But who knows.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Titans Return Leader Skyshadow (1846206)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 8th, 2016 @ 2:01pm CST
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I'm thinking he looks like a retool of Highbrow.

Actually, you guys think it's reasonable to disqualify confirmed part-sharing molds from the list of potential retools? Namely:

Blurr & Chromedome
Alpha Trion & Broadside
Scourge & Highbrow

That said, I am willing retract all this, once it's confirmed that Topspin's Titan Master resembles Nightstick *hint hint* ;)
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Titans Return Leader Skyshadow (1846208)
Posted by UnderYourCloset on December 8th, 2016 @ 2:02pm CST
Sky Shadow looks freakin epic!

Topspin looks very interesting. I wonder if they'll use that mold for Slugslinger.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Titans Return Leader Skyshadow (1846210)
Posted by Kurona on December 8th, 2016 @ 2:04pm CST
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Titans Return Leader Skyshadow (1846212)
Posted by Bounti76 on December 8th, 2016 @ 2:11pm CST
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I'm thinking he looks like a retool of Highbrow.

Blurr & Chromedome
Alpha Trion & Broadside
Scourge & Highbrow

I think you mean Blurr and Brainstorm? Chromedome shares some similar engineering with Dead End from Combiner Wars, though not parts.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Titans Return Leader Skyshadow (1846213)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 8th, 2016 @ 2:13pm CST
Bounti76 wrote:
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I'm thinking he looks like a retool of Highbrow.

Blurr & Chromedome
Alpha Trion & Broadside
Scourge & Highbrow

She's talking about shared parts, not retools or shared engineering.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Titans Return Leader Skyshadow (1846214)
Posted by Bounti76 on December 8th, 2016 @ 2:15pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Bounti76 wrote:
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I'm thinking he looks like a retool of Highbrow.

Blurr & Chromedome
Alpha Trion & Broadside
Scourge & Highbrow

She's talking about shared parts, not retools or shared engineering.

Well yes, but the only thing Blurr and Chromedome share at all are the one gun.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Titans Return Leader Skyshadow (1846215)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on December 8th, 2016 @ 2:16pm CST
Bounti76 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Bounti76 wrote:
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I'm thinking he looks like a retool of Highbrow.

Blurr & Chromedome
Alpha Trion & Broadside
Scourge & Highbrow

She's talking about shared parts, not retools or shared engineering.

Well yes, but the only thing Blurr and Chromedome share at all are the one gun.

Nope, check out their thighs and knees. And Titan Master.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Titans Return Leader Skyshadow (1846217)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 8th, 2016 @ 2:17pm CST
Bounti76 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Bounti76 wrote:
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I'm thinking he looks like a retool of Highbrow.

Blurr & Chromedome
Alpha Trion & Broadside
Scourge & Highbrow

She's talking about shared parts, not retools or shared engineering.

Well yes, but the only thing Blurr and Chromedome share at all are the one gun.
And, you know, the same Titan Master.

And their thighs.

EDIT: Ninja'd!
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Titans Return Leader Skyshadow (1846218)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 8th, 2016 @ 2:20pm CST
Bounti76 wrote:
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I'm thinking he looks like a retool of Highbrow.

Blurr & Chromedome
Alpha Trion & Broadside
Scourge & Highbrow

Blurr and Chromedome share a few minor parts, like the gun, kneepads, thighs, and most importantly, the Titan Master Stylor. In my book, they've been paired up.

Speaking of sharing parts, I thought of another suspect for Topsin. He's the jet of the two Jumpstarters, the drill tank is Twin Twist (because, you know, drills twist), so I did some quick comparing with Triggerhappy. The feet and hips share similar detailing from what I can tell, what do you guys think?
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Titans Return Leader Skyshadow (1846219)
Posted by Bounti76 on December 8th, 2016 @ 2:24pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Bounti76 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Bounti76 wrote:
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I'm thinking he looks like a retool of Highbrow.

Blurr & Chromedome
Alpha Trion & Broadside
Scourge & Highbrow

She's talking about shared parts, not retools or shared engineering.

Well yes, but the only thing Blurr and Chromedome share at all are the one gun.
And, you know, the same Titan Master.

And their thighs.

EDIT: Ninja'd!

Okay, just checked both of them and y'all got me. I never look at mine that close, haha!
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Titans Return Leader Skyshadow (1846220)
Posted by UnderYourCloset on December 8th, 2016 @ 2:31pm CST
Kurona wrote:I don't like to jump on the whole this-figure-is-a-retool assumption immediately (a trend I absolutely hate), but does Top Spin look a little like Rook to you guys? Something about the chest and also the fact he has wheels on his body near his armpits.

Actually, that's a good observation. It does remind me of Rook.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Titans Return Leader Skyshadow (1846235)
Posted by SureShot18 on December 8th, 2016 @ 3:43pm CST
Sky Shadow looks awesome. Even if Overlord is only a minor retool I'll probably get both. Topspin looks neat but the posing is throwing the proportions off for me. Kinda reminds me of the upcoming RID Soundwave. Since SixShot is on the cross-sell can we assume that he'll be packed in sky Shadow's case?

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #234 - Hell in a Cel
"Hell in a Cel"
Posted: Sunday, November 10th, 2019

Buy "Transformers LEADER CLASS STARSCREAM Complete, Lights & Sounds HFTD Jet" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations SANDSTORM Complete 30th Anniversary Voyager" on EBAY
Buy "Generations Waspinator Transformers Beast Wars Predacon Hasbro + IDW comic MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Rhinox Hasbro Beast Wars Maximal MISB" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TRANSFORMERS ROTF- HIGHTOWER -DECEPTICON LEGENDS CLASS EZ COPYRIGHT  2009" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Core Combiners Searchlight with Aerialbot Drones" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Energon Igniters Optimus Prime Blitzwing Dropkick figure lot NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Machines Cheetor" on EBAY