In-Hand Images Of Transformers United Un-23 Rodimus Prime

Transformers News: In-Hand Images Of Transformers United Un-23 Rodimus Prime

Friday, January 27th, 2012 8:54pm CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 41,058

The new wave of Takara Transformers United (UN-23 to UN27) has been released in Japan and Asia. Courtesy of Japanese Transformers collector and blogger - Alfes2010, we get to see the detailed galleries of United UN-23 Rodimus Prime.

UN-23 is not only a repaint version of Classics/Henkei Rodimus, the engine portion of the vehicle has been remold. Now this figure can attach with your favourite minicon/target master as well.

Check out some of the images below:

To view the full galleries, click below:
Part 1
Part 2

Seibertron, Ultimate Transformers Resource!

Credit(s): Alfes2010

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: In-Hand Images Of Transformers United Un-23 Rodimus Prime (1339306)
Posted by kirbenvost on January 27th, 2012 @ 9:04pm CST
Huh. Looks okay but they went way too dark with the burgundy. Easy pass for me.
Re: In-Hand Images Of Transformers United Un-23 Rodimus Prime (1339309)
Posted by Matrix_Holder on January 27th, 2012 @ 9:07pm CST
Has his hands been modified to fit 5mm pegs? if so I want him...who am I kidding I want him anyways, lol.
Re: In-Hand Images Of Transformers United Un-23 Rodimus Prime (1339310)
Posted by Rated X on January 27th, 2012 @ 9:08pm CST
Gotta hate that dark burgandy roof, front end, and middle of the spoiler in car mode.

screw the mini-cons. Does the new engine block hold Sidearm or the new 3rd party targetmasters coming out ??? i doubt it...
Re: In-Hand Images Of Transformers United Un-23 Rodimus Prime (1339314)
Posted by Mkall on January 27th, 2012 @ 9:13pm CST
And I was loking forward for a more G1-accurate Hot Rod, but that dark burgendy killed it.

Oh well, that's 40 bucks I don't have to pay.
Re: In-Hand Images Of Transformers United Un-23 Rodimus Prime (1339341)
Posted by BeastProwl on January 27th, 2012 @ 9:59pm CST
would look nice with the transparent protector armor.
Why do the Deceptico-err Japanese always het the good $h!t!?
Re: In-Hand Images Of Transformers United Un-23 Rodimus Prime (1339365)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on January 27th, 2012 @ 10:40pm CST
Terrible. The vehicle mode looks patched together. All they had to do was make it shiny ... what were they thinking with this?
Re: In-Hand Images Of Transformers United Un-23 Rodimus Prime (1339382)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on January 27th, 2012 @ 11:15pm CST
IMO there are paint flaws in both modes. But know matter my current Roddy is a bit loose to hold the Protecto-armor so he'll do nicely! :VEHI:
Re: In-Hand Images Of Transformers United Un-23 Rodimus Prime (1339406)
Posted by Heckfire on January 28th, 2012 @ 12:10am CST
Great, a version of this mold that I actually WANT. Like I didn't have enough to spend my money on with trying to get the First Editions that will never be released in my area...
Re: In-Hand Images Of Transformers United Un-23 Rodimus Prime (1339410)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on January 28th, 2012 @ 12:30am CST
Cool idea with the minicon port but Henkei Hot Rod looks much better. And yes, I realize this is Rodimus colors. Still a miss in my opinion.
Re: In-Hand Images Of Transformers United Un-23 Rodimus Prime (1339439)
Posted by helli0n on January 28th, 2012 @ 3:20am CST
Wish it actually came with a min-con...
Re: In-Hand Images Of Transformers United Un-23 Rodimus Prime (1339450)
Posted by RhA on January 28th, 2012 @ 4:47am CST
I really like this one... But already having this guy two times... I still might get it.

(I'm weak, weeeaaaaaak!)
Re: In-Hand Images Of Transformers United Un-23 Rodimus Prime (1339459)
Posted by AnnaChristine on January 28th, 2012 @ 5:33am CST
Thats a really ugly repaint of a really nice mold.

Chest - yes
Flame details - yes

Muddy mismatched burgundy - no
White hands and face - no

The nice flame details just don't make up for the other horrors inflicted on this poor toy. :(

I'd love one in the magenta of the Masterpiece, though.
Re: In-Hand Images Of Transformers United Un-23 Rodimus Prime (1339485)
Posted by metaphorge on January 28th, 2012 @ 8:37am CST

At least it's better than Battle in Space/Challenge at Cybertron Rodimus....

Re: In-Hand Images Of Transformers United Un-23 Rodimus Prime (1339493)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on January 28th, 2012 @ 8:45am CST
metaphorge wrote:You know, I'd be tempted to pick this up to kitbash with parts from other releases of the mold into proper Targetmaster Rodimus if the blasted Targetmaster wouldn't be so pricey on top of that.

At least it's better than Battle in Space/Challenge at Cybertron Rodimus....

Maybe marginally. But if you have to compare it to BIS Rodimus to make it look good something's VERY wrong.
Re: In-Hand Images Of Transformers United Un-23 Rodimus Prime (1339508)
Posted by craggy on January 28th, 2012 @ 9:25am CST
AnnaChristine wrote:
I'd love one in the magenta of the Masterpiece, though.

Yes! Yes! A thousand times yes! I'd love a Hot Rod in the colours of Hot Rod. MP is too expensive for me right now (as if it's going to get any cheaper :lol: ) and since it looks like we're not likely to get a new version of Hot Rod that looks like the cartoon alt-mode, or has Generations style engineering, at least not any time soon, I'd be very happy to pay for a proper magenta Hot Rod.
Re: In-Hand Images Of Transformers United Un-23 Rodimus Prime (1339831)
Posted by Sodan-1 on January 29th, 2012 @ 11:02am CST
I know Reprolabels have gifted us with a few Hot Rod / Rodimus sticker sets, but if they could see themselves making the United flame designs work with Henkei Hot Rod I'd be very interested. The two-tone bodywork and split spoiler just aren't working for me.
Re: In-Hand Images Of Transformers United Un-23 Rodimus Prime (1339880)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on January 29th, 2012 @ 1:32pm CST
Image[/quote]

I really like this Rodimus but was a bit disappointed when he came with no flames along the sides. Did Reprolabels come out with a set to fix that problem? I do know they did a few but I'm talking about decals for "Challenge at Cybertron" Roddy. :VEHI:
Re: In-Hand Images Of Transformers United Un-23 Rodimus Prime (1339887)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on January 29th, 2012 @ 1:46pm CST
AnnaChristine wrote:Thats a really ugly repaint of a really nice mold.

Chest - yes
Flame details - yes

Muddy mismatched burgundy - no
White hands and face - no

Gundam...I just now noticed that he does have a pasty white face...WTF? Do you think they did it because they wanted to capture that same paint app like MP Rodimus but went too far? :VEHI:
Re: In-Hand Images Of Transformers United Un-23 Rodimus Prime (1340008)
Posted by Flux Convoy on January 29th, 2012 @ 8:13pm CST
Looks good to me. I like that it's remolded despite having no use for that bit. Still getting it. The roof deco is changed on this guy too. Surprised no one mentioned it.
:BOT:
Re: In-Hand Images Of Transformers United Un-23 Rodimus Prime (1340056)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on January 29th, 2012 @ 11:20pm CST
I've been staring at these photos a lot lately. I'm still on the fence.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #240 - Ramping Up
"Ramping Up"
Posted: Sunday, February 9th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Sideswipe G2 and Slamdance" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Medix The Doc Bot Ambulance" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Grand Slam Cassette Figure" on EBAY
Buy "original G1 Transformers cassette SLAMDANCE Grandslam Raindance figures only" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Ratchet Grapple Grab Blizzard Breaker spark armor Cyberverse" on EBAY
Buy "Cobra Missile Command Head Quarter Hasbro Transformers Microman Takara" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Newage H5-B Alonzo Roadblock Police Car G1 Barricade Figure instock" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Trading Card Game Rise of the Combiners Decepticon Acid Storm" on EBAY