In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Campaign Shining R.A. Microns

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Campaign Shining R.A. Microns

Sunday, September 30th, 2012 6:24PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 24,815

Also from Alfes 2010, we have a images of the recently released Takara Tomy campaign Shining R.A. Microns. Four translucent reissues of the Ratchet's R.A., which can combine into the Rainbow Shield. Images mirrored below, more can be found by clicking here.

Credit(s): Alfes 2010
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Campaign Shining R.A. Microns (1425457)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 30th, 2012 @ 6:30pm CDT
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Campaign Shining R.A. Microns (1425465)
Posted by TulioDude on September 30th, 2012 @ 6:51pm CDT
R.A. is so versatile.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Campaign Shining R.A. Microns (1425498)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 30th, 2012 @ 9:21pm CDT
Slash the rainbow, taste the rainbow.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Campaign Shining R.A. Microns (1425529)
Posted by joevill on September 30th, 2012 @ 11:48pm CDT
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Campaign Shining R.A. Microns (1425585)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 1st, 2012 @ 7:50am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:The pics of First Edition Shining Optimus Prime wielding the Shining R.A.-comprised Rainbow Shield seems rather appropriate. ;)^

You just had to say that, didn't you :P I have Shining Optimus Prime, as I have a thing for translucent figures. But the Rainbow Shield may be overkill... Maybe I should think up names for the four little clones. >:oP Cyclone, Heat, Luna, Joker...

By the by, would the Rainbow Shield be a regular Combo Weapon, a Super Combo Weapon, or neither? It doesn't meet all of the requirements:

- 3 Microns
- 1 of each shape of crystal (circle, trapezoid, hexagon)
V same crystal color for Super Combo
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Campaign Shining R.A. Microns (1425766)
Posted by XDMan on October 1st, 2012 @ 6:18pm CDT

You got that right, and it also looks like a ghostly Super Sentai/Power Rangers finisher.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Campaign Shining R.A. Microns (1425778)
Posted by Blurrz on October 1st, 2012 @ 7:00pm CDT
I sort of disapprove, then again I'm the one with sextuplets of Micron molds, and was even tempted to get those Clear Animated Legends Class Seeker clones at full MSRP.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Campaign Shining R.A. Microns (1425843)
Posted by KNM2012 on October 2nd, 2012 @ 3:57am CDT
I'm surprise at you guys! Don't you know that atop of you buying them, these AMs want to know if you want a Fanta?! :SMUG:
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Campaign Shining R.A. Microns (1425878)
Posted by Brychanus on October 2nd, 2012 @ 9:32am CDT

This puts me at 3 translucent RA's along with Shadow from a few months back. Before too long, my Autobots will all have matching weaponry! They look quite nice as the business end of an otherwise opaque Star Saber, too.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Campaign Shining R.A. Microns (1425885)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 2nd, 2012 @ 9:52am CDT
Brychanus wrote:I don't have the holes in my collection (or cash on hand) to get them all, but I got R.A. Yellow with Ironhide and Green with Gaia Unicron. I think Green was supposed to be free with Weaponizer Optimus but Aeon had him taped to Unicron's box and I wasn't about to correct them. The department store employees tend to be in the dark on the exclusives.

Arms Master Optimus does come with Shining R.A., as his partner instead of O.P. That R.A. is a light blue, and is the "standard" Shining R.A., no connection to the Rainbow Shield promotion.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Campaign Shining R.A. Microns (1425886)
Posted by Brychanus on October 2nd, 2012 @ 9:59am CDT
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Campaign Shining R.A. Microns (1425888)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 2nd, 2012 @ 10:09am CDT
Brychanus wrote:So I guess Arms Master Optimus is supposed to come with both green and light blue at Aeon. The campaign ad names him, and Aeon's usual M.O. is to bundle their exclusives with that month's most expensive new figure instead of the 3000 threshold other shops go with. I had been wondering where that 5th color came from. Suddenly a trip to TRU is more tempting if it means 2 more colors.

You say you have Yellow and Green? Each color is exclusive to a certain chain:

Red: Toys 'R Us
Purple: Joshin Kids' Land & Bic Camera

Again, 3,000 Yen threshold for both. And it is indeed funny your green one didn't come with Arms Master like it was supposed to.

Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Campaign Shining R.A. Microns (1425913)
Posted by Brychanus on October 2nd, 2012 @ 11:32am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:By the way, the TakaraTomy site also advertises Shining O.P. as a prize throughout the country, but my Japanese isn't good enough to understand the conditions.

My wife took a look too, but all she could get was something about national retailers. It could be places like Apita. Only a few of them carry transformers at all, but the one I did find them at had Shining B.2 a while back. He was available at 6 smaller chains that didn't get their own Hellflame figure when Darkness Megatron released.

Some stores have trouble giving them away. When I got Shining R.A. Yellow at Yamada Denki, they gave me a leftover Hellflame Noji too.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Campaign Shining R.A. Microns (1425998)
Posted by Jerrimus on October 2nd, 2012 @ 5:32pm CDT
I'm sorry, but this has to be one of the most rediculous lookin things I've ever seen! First, hasbro can't get it together with first edition releases in the U.S., then Takara decides to go overboard with these arms micron things....now everyone who owns every single micron will HAVE to get this abomination of a sheild that looks like it came strait out of rainbow brite/candy land! This is the first real gripe I've had as far as how the arms micron looks etc, I guess my main frustration is the fact that all we usually get are cheaply painted ripoffs of Takara's better made products....and shitty weapons compared to this whole arms micron thing. Now it seems like a finger in the wound, releasing all these in excess like they are. Rainbow arms micron shield? I JUST WANT WAVE 2 OF PRID VOYAGER TO SHOW UP!!!!!! :oops: :BOOM:

Ending Soon On eBay

Takara Tomy Transformers Movie Advanced AD-02 Evasion mode Optimus Prime Japan? - Time Remaining: 1 day 16 hours 50 minutes
Transformers Cybertron Supreme STARSCREAM Complete Figure w manual - Time Remaining: 2 days 14 hours 55 minutes 49 seconds
Takara Transformers Music Label Soundwave MP3 Player Figure (Spark Blue Version) - Time Remaining: 4 days 23 hours 56 minutes 13 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG EX Black Convoy (Tokyo Toy Show 2017) - Time Remaining: 2 days 16 hours 59 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers Cybertron GALVATRON Complete Leader Class Action Figure - Time Remaining: 18 days 18 hours 3 minutes 43 seconds
Transformers DOTM Sentinel Prime Figure Dark Of The Moon Movie Leader Class Rare - Time Remaining: 6 days 6 hours 5 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers G2 HERO MEGATRON BRAND NEW SEALED 80146 Decepticon Generation 2 - Time Remaining: 4 days 20 hours 19 minutes 14 seconds
Transformers G2 OPTIMUS PRIME BRAND NEW SEALED Hero 80147 Autobot Generation 2 - Time Remaining: 5 days 3 hours 19 minutes 14 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #184 - The Search For Alpha Trion
"The Search For Alpha Trion"
Posted: Sunday, September 17th, 2017