Thursday, October 29th, 2015 9:40am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 36,024

Usual suspect and Japan resident Matt Daniele has sent along some in hand images of the latest releases in the Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure - TAV 32 Rumble and Frenzy! The two-pack also included a 'not for sale' addition of the clear campaign Sideswipe figure, and Matt was nice enough to show the cannon features in the mirrored images below. Check them out.

Found this 2 pack at my local electronics shop for ¥2,975($24.73). It even came with a free mini figure of clear Sideswipe. (marked not for sale in Japanese).
The last picture shows the spring loaded cannons you can deploy by hitting the silver button above the tank treads.

Transformers News: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV 32 Rumble and Frenzy (plus clear Sideswipe)

Credit(s): Matt Daniele

Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV 32 Rumble and Frenzy (plus clear Sideswipe) (1737672)
Posted by Cobotron on October 29th, 2015 @ 9:52am CDT
I wish we could get those awesome premiums/freebies. Love me some clear guys.

I got these guys along with Grimlock and...
A. Didn't realize the guns were detachable. Cool! (thanks Matt)
B. Did the United release not have the spring loaded pile drivers?

I'm so glad Takara gave us a second chance to get these guys. They're GREAT!
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV 32 Rumble and Frenzy (plus clear Sideswipe) (1737673)
Posted by Flashwave on October 29th, 2015 @ 10:03am CDT
Cobotron wrote:I wish we could get those awesome premiums/freebies. Love me some clear guys.

I got these guys along with Grimlock and...
A. Didn't realize the guns were detachable. Cool! (thanks Matt)
B. Did the United release not have the spring loaded pile drivers?

I'm so glad Takara gave us a second chance to get these guys. They're GREAT!

Oh buddy were tbey spring loaded. Blow on one from 30ft and SPROING! I think the TFSS Rewind and Eject triggers are a little stiffer at least, hope these are too
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV 32 Rumble and Frenzy (plus clear Sideswipe) (1737675)
Posted by Cobotron on October 29th, 2015 @ 10:10am CDT
Flashwave wrote:

I got these guys along with Grimlock and...
A. Didn't realize the guns were detachable. Cool! (thanks Matt)
B. Did the United release not have the spring loaded pile drivers?

I'm so glad Takara gave us a second chance to get these guys. They're GREAT!

:lol: These are pretty itchy on the trigger finger too. Makes transforming them ... mildly frustrating, to say the least.
Still super great figures. Makes me really miss Scout Class.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV 32 Rumble and Frenzy (plus clear Sideswipe) (1737676)
Posted by Janus Prime on October 29th, 2015 @ 10:13am CDT
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV 32 Rumble and Frenzy (plus clear Sideswipe) (1737677)
Posted by william-james88 on October 29th, 2015 @ 10:13am CDT
Cobotron wrote:
Flashwave wrote:

I got these guys along with Grimlock and...
A. Didn't realize the guns were detachable. Cool! (thanks Matt)
B. Did the United release not have the spring loaded pile drivers?

I'm so glad Takara gave us a second chance to get these guys. They're GREAT!

Still super great figures. Makes me really miss Scout Class.

So these are biger than the modern day legends right? If so, then sweet :)
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV 32 Rumble and Frenzy (plus clear Sideswipe) (1737679)
Posted by william-james88 on October 29th, 2015 @ 10:17am CDT
Janus Prime wrote:Ok, how many times has Takara reissued these toys? Maybe I'll be able to finally get them this time.

This is the first time they ever reissued the toys. Whats crazy is that these are actually hasbro designs for the reveal the shield line, and not takara in house products.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV 32 Rumble and Frenzy (plus clear Sideswipe) (1737680)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on October 29th, 2015 @ 10:18am CDT
So did we ever find out why hasbro never released these guys :roll:

I mean, they look cool, and if I found them in the wild, I would buy one of them, but I won't pay $30+ for 2 of them [-(

Plus with the upcoming release of the cassettes again (they were just released in foc) I don't see why hasbro would ever have a reason to release these guys :BANG_HEAD:
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV 32 Rumble and Frenzy (plus clear Sideswipe) (1737681)
Posted by Cobotron on October 29th, 2015 @ 10:19am CDT
william-james88 wrote:So these are biger than the modern day legends right? If so, then sweet :)
Yes. I believe these and Windcharger/Wipe-out were the last of the true Scouts.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV 32 Rumble and Frenzy (plus clear Sideswipe) (1737683)
Posted by Flashwave on October 29th, 2015 @ 10:22am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Same height as the CW Armor/gun guys, Groove and Blackjack and Bombshell, but a little bulkier.
Cobotron wrote:
Flashwave wrote:

I got these guys along with Grimlock and...
A. Didn't realize the guns were detachable. Cool! (thanks Matt)
B. Did the United release not have the spring loaded pile drivers?

I'm so glad Takara gave us a second chance to get these guys. They're GREAT!

Still super great figures. Makes me really miss Scout Class.
the scout class lives on, it just got more expensive and simpler. The worst part I think about that spring is more to do with that button being over the tab that attaches his pile xrivrr to his chest. You want to press there to tab in but when you do tbe back half of the tank takes off.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV 32 Rumble and Frenzy (plus clear Sideswipe) (1737685)
Posted by Agamemnon on October 29th, 2015 @ 10:23am CDT
Cobotron wrote:
Yes. I believe these and Windcharger/Wipe-out were the last of the true Scouts.

Yup, I was going to say the same thing:

Though when I put Legends Starscream and Swerve near them, they are not that much smaller than Frumble...
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV 32 Rumble and Frenzy (plus clear Sideswipe) (1737686)
Posted by Flashwave on October 29th, 2015 @ 10:25am CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:So did we ever find out why hasbro never released these guys :roll:

Timing. They were tail end of a line before a movie.

And really, its 10ea for the modern day scouts, 15ea from Takara is not so outta line. But I agree, I would rather bave gotten them domestically priced
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV 32 Rumble and Frenzy (plus clear Sideswipe) (1737687)
Posted by william-james88 on October 29th, 2015 @ 10:28am CDT

Yes, we did find out. Stores opted to go for the new DOTM line instead of the 5th wave of scouts for the Transformers 2010 line. So the wave was discontinued. They werent the only ones, Downshift and Bodyblock were also discontinued. Interesting though, Frenzy (in red) was never gonna be released anyway in the states, even if we would have gotten that last wave with the (blue) Rumble.

Also, if you took the initial preorder, they only came out to 25$ shipping included.

And you are right, hasbro has no reason to ever release them. But the club released them redone as the autobot casettes so that it cant be said the mold was never released stateside (just like with the Prime Breakdown mold) >:oP
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV 32 Rumble and Frenzy (plus clear Sideswipe) (1737688)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on October 29th, 2015 @ 10:30am CDT
Flashwave wrote:

Timing. They were tail end of a line before a movie.

Before a movie? Did the rotf sub-lines really last all the way up to dotm?

The problem is price for figures I don't want that badly, but more, that I don't need two of this figure, let alone at import prices, had it been a 2-pack here, I would've probably gotten it, but I would have much preferred them to have been individually offered state-side >:oP
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV 32 Rumble and Frenzy (plus clear Sideswipe) (1737689)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on October 29th, 2015 @ 10:32am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Technically it wasn't 'released' it was 'sent' to people who paid $300+ for the club set.

Sorry, I don't count club exclusives as anything; at those prices, I could buy multiple figures I care about way more - I know one was a freebie, but you had to pay for the set anyways >:oP
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV 32 Rumble and Frenzy (plus clear Sideswipe) (1737691)
Posted by Cobotron on October 29th, 2015 @ 10:37am CDT
Just for fun, here is another looky-lu.
The Usual Suspects

For some reason, in my mind, the Legend class seems smaller. Just proved myself wrong. Way to go me. I think Wipe-out/WC is just a little bigger than most.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV 32 Rumble and Frenzy (plus clear Sideswipe) (1737692)
Posted by Mkall on October 29th, 2015 @ 10:38am CDT
I have these two from the United line and I love them so much I can't willingly part with them even though by my collecting rules, I should do so.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV 32 Rumble and Frenzy (plus clear Sideswipe) (1737694)
Posted by william-james88 on October 29th, 2015 @ 10:39am CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Before a movie? Did the rotf sub-lines really last all the way up to dotm?

Not really, Between ROTF and DOTM there was the Transformers line which was a lot like today's generations line. It was made to celebrate the Brand as a whole and included (like Generations), external media toys (in this case the movies), G1 reissues and toys for a Classics collection. However, the distinction between this line and a standard movie line was not big enough that stores thought they could coexist (unlike today) so since it was seen as between movie lines, it was flushed as soon as the next movie came along.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV 32 Rumble and Frenzy (plus clear Sideswipe) (1737701)
Posted by Flashwave on October 29th, 2015 @ 11:00am CDT
I rolled outta bed for this stalemate. One more size comparison

"Stalemate"Image
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV 32 Rumble and Frenzy (plus clear Sideswipe) (1737707)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on October 29th, 2015 @ 11:24am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Before a movie? Did the rotf sub-lines really last all the way up to dotm?

I know there was hftd and reveal the shield, and then there was the one with wreckgar and perceptor, right? Who was released/planned for release alongside them, as the entire series blends together between those movies for me...
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV 32 Rumble and Frenzy (plus clear Sideswipe) (1737708)
Posted by mooncake623 on October 29th, 2015 @ 11:25am CDT
TakaraTomy designer Hisashi Yuki tweeted out via TFYUKI, new images of the upcoming Transformers Adventure Optimus Prime Supreme Mode. This Prime will be a retool of the TAV21 Optimus Prime released earlier with retooled parts and a new sword. TAV33 Optimus Prime Supreme Mode is due to be released in November. Check out the images we've mirroed below and remember keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

Buy "GRIMLOCK - Transformers Robots in Disguise - Warrior Class" on EBAY
Buy "Marvel TRANSFORMERS #36 (1988) 1st Sky Lynx Twin Twist & Sandstorm Appearance" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Chromia Action Figure - E3539AS00 war for cybertron series" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Twinferno and Daburu" on EBAY
Buy "2015 McDonald’s Happy Meal Toy - Hasbro Transformers #2 Grimlock Green Dinosaur" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots In Disguise Cliff Jumper Battle Hammer Autobot Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY