In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV07 Roadblock

In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV07 Roadblock

Sunday, March 22nd, 2015 9:02am CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 38,113

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Fellow Transformers and Seibetron.com fan Matt Daniele, contacting us from Japan, has recently acquired a Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV07 Roadblock, the G1-Constructicon-esque green and purple deco (in fact a G2 callback to its predecessor) of the Generations Deluxe Scoop figure, and has shared images with us all. Check them out below!

Transformers News: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV07 Roadblock

Transformers News: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV07 Roadblock

Transformers News: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV07 Roadblock

Transformers News: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV07 Roadblock

Transformers News: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV07 Roadblock

Transformers News: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV07 Roadblock

Credit(s): Matt Daniele


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV07 Roadblock (1665415)
Posted by RhA on March 22nd, 2015 @ 9:13am CDT
'Roadblock', eh? Clever bastards!
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV07 Roadblock (1665422)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 22nd, 2015 @ 9:31am CDT
Erh... Even if the targetmaster is better painted than Scoop's Nerf Guns,I find that deco pretty boring and an easy pass. Also, only ONE tragetmaster.

The only reason to get that one is if you missed out on Scoop and you prefer a Constructicon reject. Seriously, Roadblock year the colors but he never made it into the team. He keep wearing the Constructicon's colors, hoping to be part of the legendary team. He's the ultimate and somewhat pathetic fanboy. His targetmaster is actually his therapist, trying to make him give up on his impossible dream and go back to being a normal, well ajusted 'con trooper.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV07 Roadblock (1665425)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on March 22nd, 2015 @ 9:38am CDT
I really like the Scoop mold but the Hasbro version looked ugly in its colors. I think this is a cool alternative, but I lament the fact he only has one targetmaster. Did Takara do a nice looking Scoop? God, my back-collecting is getting expensive. ..
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV07 Roadblock (1665431)
Posted by Metroplex79 on March 22nd, 2015 @ 10:03am CDT
NuclearConvoy wrote:I really like the Scoop mold but the Hasbro version looked ugly in its colors. I think this is a cool alternative, but I lament the fact he only has one targetmaster. Did Takara do a nice looking Scoop? God, my back-collecting is getting expensive. ..

What was wrong with his colors? It's almost identical to his G1 self.

Image

This would have been better homage if they did the G2 colors, given him a double missile launcher. Save the Targetmaster for another exclusive.
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers-toys/gallery/g2/roadblock/517/1/
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV07 Roadblock (1665438)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on March 22nd, 2015 @ 10:15am CDT
one gun? thats a bummer. Anyway I do like Generations Scoop better, but that's nostalgia mostly. Scoop was one of my first Transformers figures, at least he is the 1st one I remember owning.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV07 Roadblock (1665439)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on March 22nd, 2015 @ 10:15am CDT
Metroplex79 wrote:
NuclearConvoy wrote:I really like the Scoop mold but the Hasbro version looked ugly in its colors. I think this is a cool alternative, but I lament the fact he only has one targetmaster. Did Takara do a nice looking Scoop? God, my back-collecting is getting expensive. ..

What was wrong with his colors? It's almost identical to his G1 self.

Image

This would have been better homage if they did the G2 colors, given him a double missile launcher. Save the Targetmaster for another exclusive.
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers-toys/gallery/g2/roadblock/517/1/


While accurate, the toy looks tacky and eye-gougingly bright. I think the mold is cool, but I passed over it multiple times in store because I don't really like how bright it is.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV07 Roadblock (1665441)
Posted by shajaki on March 22nd, 2015 @ 10:16am CDT
Honestly, the colors aren't rich enough (for me). If a 3P made a Scrapper head replacement, I might consider it.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV07 Roadblock (1665445)
Posted by Mkall on March 22nd, 2015 @ 10:31am CDT
Now all we need is a dump truck to repaint into Dirt Bag
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV07 Roadblock (1665446)
Posted by Metroplex79 on March 22nd, 2015 @ 10:39am CDT
NuclearConvoy wrote:
Metroplex79 wrote:
NuclearConvoy wrote:I really like the Scoop mold but the Hasbro version looked ugly in its colors. I think this is a cool alternative, but I lament the fact he only has one targetmaster. Did Takara do a nice looking Scoop? God, my back-collecting is getting expensive. ..

What was wrong with his colors? It's almost identical to his G1 self.

Image

This would have been better homage if they did the G2 colors, given him a double missile launcher. Save the Targetmaster for another exclusive.
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers-toys/gallery/g2/roadblock/517/1/


While accurate, the toy looks tacky and eye-gougingly bright. I think the mold is cool, but I passed over it multiple times in store because I don't really like how bright it is.

True. But most construction vehicle toys were made bright for kids...ie Tonka trucks.

I get your point, the 80s comics did used a more darker color scheme as their pallet, the new Generations one would have been more realistic as well:

http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-133286582/stock-photo-bulldozer-on-a-building-site.html?src=NQIJrPBPBef4DBEOl5CpnQ-1-14
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV07 Roadblock (1665463)
Posted by RhA on March 22nd, 2015 @ 12:08pm CDT
Mkall wrote:Now all we need is a dump truck to repaint into Dirt Bag

Dare I suggest Energon Demolishor? Take note, Takara.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV07 Roadblock (1665464)
Posted by Siger on March 22nd, 2015 @ 12:10pm CDT
Scoop mold is awesome. (oh wait, >opinion) Too bad I don't need an evil version of him.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV07 Roadblock (1665469)
Posted by Dagon on March 22nd, 2015 @ 12:32pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
The only reason to get that one is if you missed out on Scoop and you prefer a Constructicon reject.


I was going to buy it because I like it, but that doesn't fit your single reason for justifying the purchase. I guess it's fortunate that I don't take your post seriously, because then one of us would look pretty silly.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV07 Roadblock (1665472)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 22nd, 2015 @ 12:42pm CDT
Dagon wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
The only reason to get that one is if you missed out on Scoop and you prefer a Constructicon reject.


I was going to buy it because I like it, but that doesn't fit your single reason for justifying the purchase. I guess it's fortunate that I don't take your post seriously, because then one of us would look pretty silly.


You only fill one out of two criteras to get it?

YOU CANT BUY IT! NO!
NO!
YOU DONT CLICK THAT BUY IT NOW BUTTON!
I FORBID IT!
STOP.

STOOOOOOOOP!

...

You clicked it...

...


...


...
AAAAAAAUUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Image
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV07 Roadblock (1665482)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on March 22nd, 2015 @ 1:19pm CDT
Dagon wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
The only reason to get that one is if you missed out on Scoop and you prefer a Constructicon reject.


I was going to buy it because I like it, but that doesn't fit your single reason for justifying the purchase. I guess it's fortunate that I don't take your post seriously, because then one of us would look pretty silly.


Huzzah!
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV07 Roadblock (1665498)
Posted by Flux Convoy on March 22nd, 2015 @ 2:16pm CDT
It's beautiful and I want it in my greedy little hands already!
:BOT:
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV07 Roadblock (1665517)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on March 22nd, 2015 @ 3:05pm CDT
TFP Ultra Magnus with a show accurate forge! :x
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV07 Roadblock (1665565)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on March 22nd, 2015 @ 5:17pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Erh... Even if the targetmaster is better painted than Scoop's Nerf Guns,I find that deco pretty boring and an easy pass. Also, only ONE tragetmaster.

The only reason to get that one is if you missed out on Scoop and you prefer a Constructicon reject.

Don't you think that's a bit harsh?

And Roadblock? More like Scrapper! HA! HA! HA! :lol:
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV07 Roadblock (1665570)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on March 22nd, 2015 @ 5:35pm CDT
Well, he goes right up on the Neo-G2 shelf; makes an alright update for G2 roadblock
Image
Image
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV07 Roadblock (1665591)
Posted by prjkt on March 22nd, 2015 @ 6:14pm CDT
Getting Roadblock as my Decepticons need more cannon fodder, sorry, members to help balance out the Autobots. And because the Scoop mould is awesome.

Swoop is incoming too
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV07 Roadblock (1665593)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on March 22nd, 2015 @ 6:22pm CDT
why does he not have a G2 symbol?

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Ultra Magnus Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Legion Autobot Twinferno" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
Twincast / Podcast #270:
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers MPM-4 Optimus Prime - Takara Movie Masterpiece" on EBAY
Buy "GI JOE # 142 MARVEL COMICS November 1993 SNAKE EYES TRANSFORMERS LOW PRINT RUN" on EBAY
Buy "GI JOE # 141 MARVEL COMICS October 1993 SNAKE EYES TRANSFORMERS LOW PRINT RUN" on EBAY
Buy "GI JOE # 140 MARVEL COMICS September 1993 SNAKE EYES TRANSFORMERS LOW PRINT RUN" on EBAY
Buy "SDCC 2013 Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Soundwave MP-02 Toys R Us US (Takara)" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Earthrise Decepticon Airwave Deluxe Class War for Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "New Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-11 Ratchet" on EBAY
Buy "Super 7 Transformers Reaction 2020 Target Exclusive Gold Armor Bumblebee Figure" on EBAY