Saturday, August 13th, 2016 10:47am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 26,995

While we have seen the Hasbro release of the figure review here, and the official stock photography here, thanks to fellow Seibertronian Autobot Roadburn we now have a nice in-hand look at the Takara Tomy Transformers TAV52 Strongarm with Sawtooth, in their robot, vehicle, weapon and armoured up modes. Check them all out below!

Transformers News: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV52 Strongarm with Sawtooth

Credit(s): Autobot Roadburn

Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV52 Strongarm with Sawtooth (1814896)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 13th, 2016 @ 10:51am CDT
Wow... I mean, WOW! That smaller Strongarm blow the regular Warrior out of the water! The bot actually look feminine and is well proportionned, without the stupid unsightly "fist armors". And obviously, as expected from Takara, the paintjob is PERFECT.

So...

Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV52 Strongarm with Sawtooth (1814901)
Posted by Kurona on August 13th, 2016 @ 11:08am CDT
That is just beautiful. I need her for my Legends collection rn
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV52 Strongarm with Sawtooth (1814915)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 13th, 2016 @ 11:50am CDT
Gorgeous. A great mold and a nice paint job!
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV52 Strongarm with Sawtooth (1814922)
Posted by Mkall on August 13th, 2016 @ 12:01pm CDT
I didn't realise this was a whole new mold. It looks pretty good!

I may have to consider this.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV52 Strongarm with Sawtooth (1814939)
Posted by SureShot18 on August 13th, 2016 @ 1:12pm CDT
Mine is on its way from Japan as we speak. Really excited for it. :-D
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV52 Strongarm with Sawtooth (1814948)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on August 13th, 2016 @ 1:38pm CDT
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV52 Strongarm with Sawtooth (1814977)
Posted by william-james88 on August 13th, 2016 @ 2:44pm CDT
If anyone wants just the mold and doesnt need the nice paint job, here are some comparison pics.

Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV52 Strongarm with Sawtooth (1814982)
Posted by Kurona on August 13th, 2016 @ 2:52pm CDT
But oooooh if that Takara paint job isn't tempting as all heck
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV52 Strongarm with Sawtooth (1814986)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 13th, 2016 @ 2:58pm CDT
Kurona wrote:But oooooh if that Takara paint job isn't tempting as all heck

Indeed. The Hasbro is in serious need of reprolabels. And if I have to pay the Hasbro price twice because of that, might as well order the Takara.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV52 Strongarm with Sawtooth (1815050)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on August 13th, 2016 @ 7:57pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Silly question, but do you still have the box, and if so, can you take pictures of it? I want to see how they've translated the name of the armor, plus if Sawtooth got a name change.

I actually do! Guess it's a good thing I didn't throw it away yet. I'm not an expert in Japanese, but Sawtooth still has the same name spelled out in Katakana.

Incidentally, I'm pretty sure this is (and possibly going to be) the best Strongarm we get out of any line unless HasTak decide to retool the Warrior or just make this one bigger. I'm going to get the matching Takara Bumblebee and Sideswipe because these are also the only ones that have a good sense of scale as far as I know. They'll work with warrior Prime, Megatronus (so glad I found the faceplate one) and Grimlock I think. I really hop they make more characters in this scale, these are my favorite figures from the whole series outside of warrior Quillfire.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV52 Strongarm with Sawtooth (1815078)
Posted by RAR on August 13th, 2016 @ 9:51pm CDT
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV52 Strongarm with Sawtooth (1815085)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 13th, 2016 @ 10:39pm CDT
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV52 Strongarm with Sawtooth (1815100)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on August 14th, 2016 @ 1:22am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I feel fairly confident in assuming that Sawtooth kept his English name in Japan since he's going to be appearing in the cartoon (as we saw him in the SDCC trailer for the new episodes).

That may explain why Sawtooth is bucking convention, plus we may see the same for Sideswipe should his Mini-Con Windstrike appear as well.

And "Gekiryu" is translated into "Torrent"? Good fit there.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV52 Strongarm with Sawtooth (1815105)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on August 14th, 2016 @ 2:30am CDT
RAR wrote:There is always the option to use the 3 step Optimus & the 5 step Megatronus with the Warrior class.

I would, but I prefer posability and, to be honest, I really don't like Megatronus without that battle mask. There's more variety and in my opinion more complex, fun figures with this smaller scale.

On a side note, can anyone see the pictures of Strongarm's box in my last post? On my computer they don't show up on the front page article but I can see them in the discussion forum itself.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV52 Strongarm with Sawtooth (1818882)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 26th, 2016 @ 10:56am CDT
TFYuki is at it again, this time with new images of the upcoming Transformers: Adventure Scorponok! Scorponok is a new mold for the Adventure's line, and has some beautifully painted details. Also shown is the packaging, which has an awesome art depiction of the character. Check out the images below, and let us know what you think!

Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV52 Strongarm with Sawtooth (1818914)
Posted by william-james88 on August 26th, 2016 @ 12:46pm CDT
While the look is more like the show, I feel this is kind of like Quillfire where Hasbro's is simply a different take on colours but not inferior. Especially in Scorpion mode where I preffer the Hasbro version

Hasbro on the left, takara on the right

Takara would have been far superior if it didnt ue taht dull grey plastic.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV52 Strongarm with Sawtooth (1818965)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on August 26th, 2016 @ 3:35pm CDT
I prefer Hasbro's Scorpion mode but Takara's Robot mode.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV52 Strongarm with Sawtooth (1819486)
Posted by SureShot18 on August 28th, 2016 @ 11:28am CDT
So I got the new battlepack Strongarm Friday. When this figure was revealed I was quite happy because the Warrior class did not impress me and I really like the character design. But the deco on the Hasbro version was lackluster so I went Takara. This figure does not disappoint. The transformation is simple and pretty basic but it gets the job done. Both modes look great and are accentuated by the deco. The minicon is also neat and kinda adorable. The armor bits are also a nice extra but I don't find myself using them much.
My only problem with the figure is a lack of thigh swivels, but there's enough scpace with the ball joint that lets you get a little swivel. Recommended if you like the character and/or the design.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV52 Strongarm with Sawtooth (1820189)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 30th, 2016 @ 6:54pm CDT
Autobase Aichi has updated us with more images of some upcoming Transformers: Adventures figures, which include Hypersurge Starscream with Lancelon, Gale Armor Sideswipe with Windstrike, Ratchet, and Bisk! Hypersurge Starscream is the Takara take on Power Surge Starscream, and Gale Armor Sideswipe is their take on the minicon Weaponizer battle pack version of Sideswipe. Check out the new official images below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below.

Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV52 Strongarm with Sawtooth (1820190)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 30th, 2016 @ 7:00pm CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:

I'm not saying this ofthen of the TAV line, but for once, the Hasbro version have the superior deco. Mainly because Starscream is really "surging" and not just boring normal.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "MISB Transformers SCF Tokyo Game Show Battle Damage Set Optimus/Convoy Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premiere Edition Deluxe Cogman 2017  ((NEW))" on EBAY
Buy "1:64 TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME WESTERN STAR 5700 & BARRICADE JADA TOYS DIECAST" on EBAY
Buy "Jada Nano Hollywood Rides Transformers Bumblebee Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Movie 1 27 Deluxe Clunker Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TRA CYBERVERSE Slipstream" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 30 Crankcase" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Autobot Ratchet with Grapple Grab New In Box" on EBAY