In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Samurai Team

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Samurai Team

Sunday, June 9th, 2013 11:52AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 19,403

Thanks to Takara Tomy designer Hisashi Yuki we have our first in-hand image of their soon to be released Transformers Go! Samurai Combiner team: Kenzan, Jinbu, and Ganou. The team can combine in three different configurations, each taking turns as the head and shoulders portion of the combined robot. Image mirrored below.

In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Samurai Team
Credit(s): TFYuki
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Samurai Team (1493862)
Posted by rockman_fan on June 9th, 2013 @ 12:00pm CDT
mmmm... look at the legs on those... oh yeah... =P~
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Samurai Team (1493866)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 9th, 2013 @ 12:07pm CDT
rockman_fan wrote:mmmm... look at the legs on those... oh yeah... =P~

Energon Prowl will not be happy with that...

Shortcomings aside, my love for combiners and Brave obligates me to get them if I can.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Samurai Team (1493867)
Posted by craggy on June 9th, 2013 @ 12:08pm CDT
wish these would stop looking so good. really liking fireman sam and the bananaplane.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Samurai Team (1493875)
Posted by burning_sirius on June 9th, 2013 @ 12:30pm CDT
Look like Transformers got Katokied.

Though they are also Obari-ish so take your pic. This isn't for everyone. I personally love Katoki and Obari.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Samurai Team (1493876)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 9th, 2013 @ 12:34pm CDT
burning_sirius wrote:Look like Transformers got Katokied.

Hajime Katoki and Masami Obari?
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Samurai Team (1493883)
Posted by megatronus on June 9th, 2013 @ 1:35pm CDT
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Samurai Team (1493885)
Posted by craggy on June 9th, 2013 @ 1:40pm CDT
megatronus wrote:I'm not really digging these. I'm only now making my way through the Japanese Headmasters series - maybe I'll have a better appreciation of these figures once I get through the whole run. But for now, these are just blah.

these brand new figures don't have anything to do with the 25year old Headmasters cartoon though?
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Samurai Team (1493888)
Posted by burning_sirius on June 9th, 2013 @ 1:43pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Hajime Katoki and Masami Obari?

Yes, remember Obari did most of the animation for Braves in the first place. Obari also did Call of the Primatives.

I just said Katoki because of the long legs.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Samurai Team (1493890)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 9th, 2013 @ 1:45pm CDT
craggy wrote:

Plus, Headmasters uses mainly Hasbro figures. Now, Victory is mostly Takara-only figures. :) Those combiners resemble the mecha from the Brave/Yuusha series, GoKenzan specifically resembles God Max from Yuusha Exkizer/Brave Exkaiser.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Samurai Team (1493892)
Posted by NovaSentinel on June 9th, 2013 @ 1:46pm CDT

Fingers crossed for a Western release!

It's not happening.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Samurai Team (1493896)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 9th, 2013 @ 1:50pm CDT
NovaSentinel wrote:Surely there are six possible combinations? For each head/shoulders bot, the other two can become either a torso or legs, meaning there are two combinations for every main head-bot? Either that or they only combine in the three orientations due to where the connector ports line up etc :-?

Only three combos, sorry. On first sight they're indeed like Albegas or Voltron II, but their method of combination is closer to Aquarion.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Samurai Team (1493905)
Posted by megatronus on June 9th, 2013 @ 2:35pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
craggy wrote:

That's sort of what I'm saying, no?

These new figs appear to be homaging the older G1 continuity Japanese-only figures' aesthetics. These don't have anything to do with those cartoons, but the design elements are there. Which is why they seem 'meh' to me.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Samurai Team (1493907)
Posted by craggy on June 9th, 2013 @ 2:54pm CDT
megatronus wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
craggy wrote:

That's sort of what I'm saying, no?

yeah. I totally didn't get that from the post.

I don't have any attachment to the Brave series, or any of that malarkey. Even TFs, I'm not bothered by the look of the old toys, because they're bricky rubbish for the most part. I grew up on G1, but I only buy new stuff with improved transformations and articulation. These guys look cool and appear to have plenty of poseability. That's what appeals to me. Still not keen on the plane being yellow, or the prices.

Very tempted by the animal ones though I could see myself sticking some Predacon stickers on them if I were to get them. Would love to hear news of a US release, but it seems highly unlikely. Right now, best I can hope for is that they go on sale at one of the online retailers.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Samurai Team (1493911)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 9th, 2013 @ 2:59pm CDT
The more I see of the Swordbots, the more I like what I see. 8)

Now let's see some more of the Swordbot Shinobi Team. ;)
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Samurai Team (1493922)
Posted by Black Hat on June 9th, 2013 @ 3:34pm CDT
I'm not digging the ludicrously long legs and torsos that are wider than they are tall. It's not so bad on the red fellow, and blue's OK, but the yellow bot suffers a lot from it. Still, it's similar to the Energon combiners, and given what they have to accomplish I can forgive it. Love it or hate it, you have to respect it as fantastic toy engineering.

Also, these guys have such a gloriously Japanese super robot/Tokusatsu feel to them that I can't hate them. I want to buy them and make a stop-motion video of them combining, complete with ridiculously manly and over-the-top Japanese narration. "DAI-SAMURAI-ROBOTU-DAN....GATTAI!!!!!"
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Samurai Team (1493926)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on June 9th, 2013 @ 3:51pm CDT
They are definitely an acquired taste but I'm passing up on these. :VEHI:
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Samurai Team (1493944)
Posted by Towline on June 9th, 2013 @ 5:38pm CDT
I am digging Skyfire, Prowl, and Inferno as a combining team.
"Friends forever will be together, We're on top because we play
to win."
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Samurai Team (1493959)
Posted by craggy on June 9th, 2013 @ 6:56pm CDT
Towline wrote:I am digging Skyfire, Prowl, and Inferno as a combining team.
"Friends forever will be together, We're on top because we play
to win."

hmmm, they actually have a lot in common with the Magnaboss guys.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Samurai Team (1493967)
Posted by Manterax Prime on June 9th, 2013 @ 7:52pm CDT
craggy wrote:
Towline wrote:I am digging Skyfire, Prowl, and Inferno as a combining team.
"Friends forever will be together, We're on top because we play
to win."

hmmm, they actually have a lot in common with the Magnaboss guys.

Which is why I refer to them as Prowl, Silverbolt and Ironhide respectively and call their combined mode Magnaboss.
The ninja team I refer to as Leobreaker, Airazor and Sky-byte and their combined mode has been dubbed Tripredacus.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Samurai Team (1493973)
Posted by RAcast on June 9th, 2013 @ 8:10pm CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:
craggy wrote:
Towline wrote:I am digging Skyfire, Prowl, and Inferno as a combining team.
"Friends forever will be together, We're on top because we play
to win."

hmmm, they actually have a lot in common with the Magnaboss guys.

Your Tripredacus is made of an Autobot, a Maximal, and a Predacon from the wrong continuity, nice. :lol: In all seriousness, I do like the Predacon combiner much better than the Autobot one. They had to make sacrifices to the beast modes, but...it's kind of endearing in a weird way. :PREDACON:

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS BROADSIDE FETCH SCATTOR ARMADA 2003 HASBRO NEW SEALED MINT - Time Remaining: 5 days 7 hours 25 minutes 56 seconds
Transformers Age of Extinction Generations Deluxe Action Figure - Dinobot Slug - Time Remaining: 2 days 15 hours 26 minutes 28 seconds
Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising Beast Fire Predaking New MISB - Time Remaining: 1 day 23 hours 26 minutes 38 seconds
Transformers Armada GALVATRON Giga-Cons Tank Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 7 hours 43 minutes 35 seconds
Transformers Generations Platinum Edition Hot Rod Wreck Gar Planet of Junk (NEW) - Time Remaining: 2 days 18 hours 45 minutes 20 seconds
STEALTH STARSCREAM+NIGHTWATCH OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Movie Legends complete - Time Remaining: 4 days 21 hours 47 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers Takara United Darkside Optimus Prime & Megatron 100% Complete - Time Remaining: 7 days 13 hours 57 minutes 18 seconds
5 Transformers ARMADA & ENERGON DEMOLISHER PROWL RAVAGE RID G1 LOT - Time Remaining: 3 days 5 hours 59 minutes 47 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #184 - The Search For Alpha Trion
"The Search For Alpha Trion"
Posted: Sunday, September 17th, 2017