In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG22 Skull

In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG22 Skull

Wednesday, May 4th, 2016 4:20am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 37,666

Another day ending in Y, another selection of images from TFYuki over on Twitter, as fellow Seibertronian Cyberpath reports, featuring the Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG22 Skull (Skullsmasher) in both robot and beast mode! You can check out the two photos below, and let us know what you think so far of the Takara take on the Titans Return line in the Energon Pub.

Transformers News: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG22 Skullbasher

Credit(s): TFYuki

This article was last modified on Wednesday, May 4th, 2016 4:51am CDT

Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG22 Skull (1786728)
Posted by Emerje on May 4th, 2016 @ 4:40am CDT
Ok, I'm actually rather impressed by how articulated the croc neck is. I guess I never noticed and assumed it was in a fixed position like the original figure.

Emerje
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG22 Skull (1786732)
Posted by Cyberpath on May 4th, 2016 @ 5:05am CDT
Hardhead

Skullcruncher

Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG22 Skull (1786747)
Posted by Microraptor on May 4th, 2016 @ 7:48am CDT
Cyberpath wrote:
Hardhead

Skullcruncher

Hasbro's Hardhead is actually pretty accurate!
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG22 Skull (1786752)
Posted by MGrotusque on May 4th, 2016 @ 8:06am CDT

Takara Skullcruncher all the way. The headmaster face is 100% better plus they painted the croc teeth. Nice touch.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG22 Skull (1786754)
Posted by MGrotusque on May 4th, 2016 @ 8:10am CDT
What's the stand that is being used for these pics. Anybody have an idea?
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG22 Skull (1786769)
Posted by StarFireMk4 on May 4th, 2016 @ 9:19am CDT
MGrotusque wrote:What's the stand that is being used for these pics. Anybody have an idea?

I thought it was Takara's own flight stand?
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG22 Skull (1786770)
Posted by Kurona on May 4th, 2016 @ 9:26am CDT
Every picture I see of Skullcruncher just makes me want him more and more. I fucking need that crocodile.

Also... starting to not like the Takara Hardhead as much. I was thinking of it at first because mouth, but the colours are waaaaaay too saturated; they need to be a bit darker than they are to fit.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG22 Skull (1786778)
Posted by william-james88 on May 4th, 2016 @ 10:06am CDT
Kurona wrote:Every picture I see of Skullcruncher just makes me want him more and more. I **** need that crocodile.

Agreed, though I find it so damn cool that for once we can look at both versions and see where both are coming from and what the merrits for each are. Its not clear cut that Takara is the winner here, its really up to our own preferences and that is awesome.

Interestingly, while I know Takara's Skullcruncher is going for show accuracy, the bright colours make it seem more like a toy than Hasbro's more muted colours.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG22 Skull (1786786)
Posted by Cyberpath on May 4th, 2016 @ 11:03am CDT
MGrotusque wrote:These side by side comparisons pics that are being posted are absolutely fantastic. Thanx for taking the time and doing this. It's extremely helpful in my decision making process.

Thanks!

I think the Hasbro version also has metal-coloured teeth.

titans__guns.jpg
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG22 Skull (1786794)
Posted by DeceptiCobra on May 4th, 2016 @ 11:31am CDT
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG22 Skull (1786796)
Posted by Insurgent on May 4th, 2016 @ 11:59am CDT
Takara = an extra 'transforming' weapon and the heads are remoulded to look like they do in the Japanese show The Headmasters.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG22 Skull (1786801)
Posted by Kurona on May 4th, 2016 @ 12:45pm CDT
DeceptiCobra wrote:Ok, so maybe I just haven't looked hard enough, but besides the paint jobs, what are the differences between Takara and Hasbro? It looks like they come with extra weapons.

Also, those 'extra weapons' are recoloured from the vehicles released under Hasbro's Titan Master class in Titans Return. Which are like, half the price of a legends.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG22 Skull (1786803)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 4th, 2016 @ 1:05pm CDT
Cyberpath wrote:Too bad Takara didn't redo the guns, too. I don't know why Hasbro made them so big and gappy. Wouldn't making them smoother and smaller use the same amount of plastic..?

titans__guns.jpg
I think it has to do with safety concerns. The guns have to be big enough to not be considered choking hazards small enough for children to swallow.

Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG22 Skull (1786815)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 4th, 2016 @ 1:41pm CDT
I also didn't know that Croc neck was so articulated. Nice posing potential! :MAXIMAL:
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG22 Skull (1786821)
Posted by DeceptiCobra on May 4th, 2016 @ 1:50pm CDT
Kurona wrote:

So we're getting them, we just have to pay for them separately?
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG22 Skull (1786822)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 4th, 2016 @ 1:55pm CDT
DeceptiCobra wrote:
Kurona wrote:

So we're getting them, we just have to pay for them separately?
Hasbro made the vehicles to go with the Titan Master class heads, but Takara is splitting the heads and vehicles apart from each other for the Japanese releases, giving the vehicles to the Deluxe class figures and the heads to the Legends class figures.

The little tank/jet/gun that comes with Takara Hardhead is from Hasbro's Titan Master Terri-Bull (Horri-Bull), while the little bird/dinosaur/gun that comes with Takara Skull is from Hasbro's Titan Master Crashbash (Squeezeplay).
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG22 Skull (1786834)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 4th, 2016 @ 2:38pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

titans__guns.jpg

I don't think this is the case from my discussions on safety issues with the design staff.

I asked about the safety of the small titan masters. They really seemed like choking hazards in person, because I could see my own kid swallowing or trying to swallow one. (They're really small)

It was clarified to me, that they have some kind of choking hazard test that is limited to objects thinner than a straw (like a missile) where the object projects from something. Basically, if it's small, thin, and moves; it has to be this and that long (like 3 inches).

Otherwise, it's just not an issue. I mean, look at legos. Lots of small parts, no worries about choking hazards.

irc, the infamous "drop test" was clarified to pertain only to toys that fly or are for "simulated flight", in short, Fort Max is a base, not a ship and the drop test has nothing to do with him...

Sabrblade wrote:The gaps are the unfortunate result of making the guns large enough while economically using as minimal an amount of plastic as budget-ly possible.

I think this is a far more likely answer.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG22 Skull (1786840)
Posted by DeceptiCobra on May 4th, 2016 @ 2:51pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
DeceptiCobra wrote:
Kurona wrote:

So we're getting them, we just have to pay for them separately?

The little tank/jet/gun that comes with Takara Hardhead is from Hasbro's Titan Master Nightbeat, while the little bird/dinosaur/gun that comes with Takara Skull is from Hasbro's Titan Master Crashbash (Squeezeplay).

Thanks for the breakdown
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG22 Skull (1786843)
Posted by Cyberpath on May 4th, 2016 @ 2:55pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

I think this is a far more likely answer.

Yeah, but if they make them smaller, like Arcee's guns, they could use the same amount of plastic without those gaps? The guns seem too big and clunky to me.

Maybe I should try to pick up some basic 3D modeling. :)

Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG22 Skull (1786844)
Posted by Agamemnon on May 4th, 2016 @ 2:58pm CDT
Cyberpath wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

I think this is a far more likely answer.

Maybe I should try to pick up some basic 3D modeling. :)

I think it might have to do with little boys and the "B" in "BFG" ;)

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "New Kre-O Transformers Galvatron Factory Battle Optimus Bumblebee A6952 Open Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RobotsIn Disguise Megatronus 12" 5 Step Changer 2015" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Headmaster Alpha Trion" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage 1985 Transformers G1 BLASTER BOOM BOX Autobot" on EBAY
Buy "Kre-O Transformers Galvatron Factory Battle Optimus Prime Kreo A6952 Read" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybetron Generations Selects Shattered Glass SG Ratchet" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Original G1 Terrorcon Cutthroat for Abominus 1987" on EBAY