In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee

In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee

Thursday, October 23rd, 2014 5:39am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 24,164

We've received a number of notifications from Seibertron.com users, including Cyberpath and Autobot Genocide, about the appearance of in-hand images for the upcoming Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee figure! Check out the images below, showing off the little yellow guy next to current Deluxes and in both modes, mirrored via weibo user dlarirang.

Transformers News: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee

Credit(s): weibo dlarirang

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee (1616131)
Posted by Ravage XK on October 23rd, 2014 @ 5:55am CDT
He's so tiny!

I wasnt really bothered by Bumblebee before but now I am looking forward to a Bumblebee figure.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee (1616136)
Posted by Trikeboy on October 23rd, 2014 @ 6:20am CDT
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee (1616137)
Posted by Ravage XK on October 23rd, 2014 @ 6:22am CDT
Trikeboy wrote:Please tell me that is a badly painted prototype. Also, that wheel may be accurate to the character but it looks ridiculous.

It does have that hand painted look about it, doesnt it. Was thinking the same thing.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee (1616143)
Posted by megatronus on October 23rd, 2014 @ 6:39am CDT
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee (1616144)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on October 23rd, 2014 @ 6:46am CDT
holy damn i never thought we would be this small! if he is the right price i may go for it.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee (1616145)
Posted by Trikeboy on October 23rd, 2014 @ 6:48am CDT
megatronus wrote:I still have a twinge of regret that this is the licensed vehicle, not-accurate-to-the-cartoon alt mode, but he is looking nice.

I know how you feel. They may have been able to do more with it and lessen that backpack if they went with the animation alt mode but that was probably part of the deal to secure the rights for the character in the Masterpiece line.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee (1616148)
Posted by Ravage XK on October 23rd, 2014 @ 6:49am CDT
Leaves the door open for a 3rd party animation accurate model I suppose.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee (1616150)
Posted by Trikeboy on October 23rd, 2014 @ 6:52am CDT
Ravage XK wrote:Leaves the door open for a 3rd party animation accurate model I suppose.

Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee (1616151)
Posted by Ravage XK on October 23rd, 2014 @ 6:55am CDT
Trikeboy wrote:Toyworld Bii. It is also in the same scale as the official Bumblebee. I don't have Bii because I want the official one but Bii does look nice.

Oh, there you go! Hmm, looks odd though. Think I prefer Mp Bumblebee. I should think most people will display him in Bot mode anyway.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee (1616152)
Posted by Trikeboy on October 23rd, 2014 @ 6:57am CDT
Ravage XK wrote:

Yeah, it's missing some paint apps, remove the blue windows and a new head to be considered decent. I'd rather just get the MP BB. It's not like I'm gonna display the back of it anyway.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee (1616159)
Posted by megatronus on October 23rd, 2014 @ 7:12am CDT
Trikeboy wrote:
Ravage XK wrote:

Bii gets the alt mode more or less right, but the mode has several inaccuracies. I would consider Bii for Classics, but not my MP shelf (not that I buy 3rd Party MPs - just the opposite, I actively resist them).
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee (1616164)
Posted by Trikeboy on October 23rd, 2014 @ 7:30am CDT
megatronus wrote:(not that I buy 3rd Party MPs - just the opposite, I actively resist them).

I can understand that, though, Fanstoys work is incredible and they are doing characters that would be unlikely to get a release officially.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee (1616166)
Posted by megatronus on October 23rd, 2014 @ 7:35am CDT
Trikeboy wrote:

FT's best work has been Quakewave, and I can see Takara putting an official Shockwave out in the next couple years (or I'm hoping for it, at least).

The Dinobots are cool, but don't quite hit the right cylinders for me. Dunno if we get official MPs of those characters, but right now my Dinobot priorities fall along Classics/Generations lines.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee (1616171)
Posted by robotmel on October 23rd, 2014 @ 7:44am CDT
:shock:
Wow, he really is tiny!!

Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee (1616175)
Posted by william-james88 on October 23rd, 2014 @ 8:03am CDT
Following the Masterpiece Bumblebee images released earlier today, the same actoys.com member dlarirang has posted new in hand images of this release. These images were posted on the Omega Lock Facebook page.

This selection of images gives us a good look at the figure's transformation trough various views and comparison shots with other Masterpiece car figures. You can see more here.

Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee (1616176)
Posted by reluctantyouth on October 23rd, 2014 @ 8:07am CDT
Tiny?...He's darn near microscopic!

If he was completely made of metal I'd be all over it. This is another MP sadly that I will wait for a KO version for half the price. Haters gonna hate...but this economy doesn't warrant full retail for this Bumblebee release. :BOT:
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee (1616177)
Posted by Ravage XK on October 23rd, 2014 @ 8:09am CDT
Dont forget he comes with the exo suit thing.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee (1616178)
Posted by Seibertron on October 23rd, 2014 @ 8:16am CDT
I'm still not digging Bumblebee. After a string of amazing Masterpiece releases, I find that this one is difficult to get excited about. There are a lot of things to like, but something is off with his face that doesn't match his cartoon counterpart (maybe it's the odd shade of paint that they used instead of silver or that the face is longer than it should be?). Plus the Autobot symbol on his foot throws off the whole point of having the "reveal" symbol on his chest/car roof. I also don't like the way the hood of the car near the front windshield doesn't seem to fit together well. Other than that, I think the toy is pretty neat, but I'm just not that excited about it which is a bummer because I've been looking forward to a Masterpiece Bumblebee ever since we first heard about a possible Binaltech Bumblebee.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee (1616182)
Posted by ScottyP on October 23rd, 2014 @ 8:49am CDT
Well, I'm excited.

reluctantyouth wrote:This is another MP sadly that I will wait for a KO version for half the price. Haters gonna hate...

Congratulations on encouraging Takara to not continue the line.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee (1616184)
Posted by Cobotron on October 23rd, 2014 @ 9:00am CDT
There IS something off about the shape and the color of his face. The symbol on his foot does blow his cover. Let's hope it's a sticker.

Other than that, I'm excited.
Finally, a BB update that's a VW. I've waited, what, i dunno, 30 years for that?

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #264 - Kingdom Come
"Kingdom Come"
Posted: Sunday, November 22nd, 2020

Buy "HASBROS TRANSFORMERS FIRST EDITION OPTIMUS PRIME" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Turbo Talon Whirl Action Attacker Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Lot Predaking Starscream Flak dotm Prime Beast Hunters" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Kre-O Transformers Autobot Ratchet Construction Set Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Acid Storm, Tailgate, Mini-Con Team" on EBAY
Buy "SDCC Comic Con 2005 Exclusive Transformers Skywarp + AUTOBOT & DECEPTICON Pins" on EBAY
Buy "MMC Transformers Terminus HEXATRON SIXSHOT Black Version No Box Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botbots Series 3 Playroom Posse - Quackles (Rubber Ducky)" on EBAY