Sunday, November 2nd, 2014 6:40am CST

Categories: Toy News, Auctions
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 57,442

For those out there who are still or newly interested in the Takara Tomy reissue of MP-05 Megatron, with new gold deco and added Reflector accessory, the usual eBay seller lena81822 has a bunch of in-hand pictures accompanying their auction - check them out mirrored below, and compare them to the original figure in the Seibertron.com galleries!

Transformers News: In-Hand Images - Takara Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary MP-05 Gold Megatron

Credit(s): lena81822

Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary MP-05 Gold Megatron (1618918)
Posted by noctorro on November 2nd, 2014 @ 7:54am CST
Trikeboy wrote:I already said MP-01 and MP08 are decent, did I not? I believe I said the mold for Grimlock was great, the problem is the size when standing next to MP-01 and MP-05.

Edit, also, if TakaraTomy had released the pic below, would you honestly pick a gold MP-05 over a new v2 Megatron? I'm not going to turn this into a 3rd party discussion. This is all I'll say on that figure. If this was from TT, people would be jumping through the roof in excitement.

What is that awesomeness on the left?
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary MP-05 Gold Megatron (1618922)
Posted by Torneira on November 2nd, 2014 @ 8:17am CST
That is Xtransbots - MX-I Apollyon, to be exact.

On tfsource.com they are selling it for about $150 (pre-order).

I am really considering it getting one myself :CON:
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary MP-05 Gold Megatron (1618924)
Posted by Torneira on November 2nd, 2014 @ 8:22am CST
Megatron.jpg

:APPLAUSE:
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary MP-05 Gold Megatron (1618946)
Posted by noctorro on November 2nd, 2014 @ 9:44am CST
Sold, I'm getting that one untill HasTAk makes Megatron 2
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary MP-05 Gold Megatron (1618989)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on November 2nd, 2014 @ 2:43pm CST
Oh for christ's sake, I know MP megs is one of the more frustrating fidgety transformers out there, but dis guy, dis guy its like he/she/they actively despise correct transformations.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary MP-05 Gold Megatron (1619100)
Posted by First-Aid on November 2nd, 2014 @ 8:46pm CST
Behold Urine-tron...

8-} 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-}
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary MP-05 Gold Megatron (1619124)
Posted by Wolfguard on November 2nd, 2014 @ 10:04pm CST
Grey face on a gold body gives me a sad face...

:-(
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary MP-05 Gold Megatron (1619291)
Posted by Peridot on November 3rd, 2014 @ 11:11am CST
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary MP-05 Gold Megatron (1619292)
Posted by Ravage XK on November 3rd, 2014 @ 11:13am CST
Metro Prime wrote:Why is the test shot in standard Megatron colors? And why does MP-05 look so much better with that color scheme? If that's actually what the reissue will look like when unpainted, then I'm going to need a lot of nail polish remover...

Guess they were just testing the mold was still ok.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary MP-05 Gold Megatron (1619301)
Posted by william-james88 on November 3rd, 2014 @ 11:37am CST

Or you can just buy the test shot version, the guys has more than one
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary MP-05 Gold Megatron (1619317)
Posted by Peridot on November 3rd, 2014 @ 12:17pm CST
william-james88 wrote:

Or you can just buy the test shot version, the guys has more than one

That was partially in jest. I say "partially" because my sleep-deprived brain somehow completely skipped over that eBay listing.
Has anyone else bought one of those test shots? If so, does it have the same die cast pieces as the original? Thanks!
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary MP-05 Gold Megatron (1619339)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 3rd, 2014 @ 1:31pm CST
It just seemed like not too long ago we received news of a gold reissue of Masterpiece Megatron. Now, Seibertron.com member and renown reviewer optibotimus has his hands on this reissue and gives us his thoughts! The review has been mirrored below:

Is this figure worthy of your collection? Or are you passing in the hopes of a second go at the Decepticon leader! Tell us your thoughts in the Energon Pub forum!
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary MP-05 Gold Megatron (1619347)
Posted by KapikoArt on November 3rd, 2014 @ 2:16pm CST
Instead I will pick and give a chance to the MX-I Apollyon
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary MP-05 Gold Megatron (1619348)
Posted by KapikoArt on November 3rd, 2014 @ 2:20pm CST
reduced-galery_image_9488_14102.jpg
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary MP-05 Gold Megatron (1619349)
Posted by Siger on November 3rd, 2014 @ 2:26pm CST
Thanks for the video review. Excuse me while I :SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK:
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary MP-05 Gold Megatron (1619357)
Posted by william-james88 on November 3rd, 2014 @ 2:41pm CST
While I could not care less for the gold, I really like the review of the mold. I am a huge MP Megatron fan but only got him this year and thus was ready for such a complex transformer. I wasn't thrown off by any of the old reviews and opinions.

And the same goes for the Alternators. They are the most underrated transformers of all time. Looking back, I cant believe it. They were sold for 20$ and had the engineering or a masterpiece. If anyone wants a masterpiece Hound, Jazz or Tracks, they simply have to hunt down their alternator releases. And they scale beautifully with other MP releases, check out the difference between alternators and classics jazz:

Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary MP-05 Gold Megatron (1619364)
Posted by MGrotusque on November 3rd, 2014 @ 3:03pm CST
I got an unopened MP Meg's in the mail the other day. It's astonishing at how unstable it is. The ball joints on the feet are so lose its impossible for him to stand. The hips don't support his weight, they just slide apart.
His waist collapses to the right under the weight of his gun.
He was missing components( the wings behind his back that form the underside of the gun just above the trigger) that ruined the gun mode.
Massive overspray of silver paint on the gun handle and deception insignia on his chest. Gouges and paint smears on the barrel and chest.

The saddest part is how loose he is though. The fact that he can't even stand is just remarkable to me. It's just soooo ridiculous. I was thinking of keeping it In bot mode for display but I can't even do that.
I'm currently trying to send it back to to the eBay seller for a full refund or at least another kick at the can with a replacement figure.

If that one comes back to me just as crappy then I'm gonna take a dump on the figure and set it on fire.

It's too bad because I really do like the figure quite a bit. It's so beautifully gangly and metallic like the g1. My fingers are crossed for a replacement that doesn't suck so hard. Or maybe I should just get a refund.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary MP-05 Gold Megatron (1619366)
Posted by dragons on November 3rd, 2014 @ 3:12pm CST
Kapiko Customs wrote:Definitely a pass for me! I don't see a reason to go for the same out of scale,fragile mishap in ugly gold color!
Instead I will pick and give a chance to the MX-I Apollyon

not sound like jerk transformers where never scel with one another to begin with g1 metoplex compared to g1 galvatron, I passed on him first place when he was first released saw videos and people say in bot mode he fell of shelf he broke I wasn't going to waste 100.00 plus on mp galssformer breaks who falls of shelf and rust for that matter rusting up on feet and legs was other issue fans had with

Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary MP-05 Gold Megatron (1619367)
Posted by MGrotusque on November 3rd, 2014 @ 3:14pm CST
I'm a little upset about it though. I've never seen a figure fail so remarkably hard in regards to quality control before. Not just paint flaws but fully missing components and being unable to support itself in any shape or form in bot mode.

I really like the transformation of it though. I was intimidated by it at first by watching reviews and hearing testimonies of how horrific an ordeal it was but I didn't find it a problem. I quite enjoyed it.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary MP-05 Gold Megatron (1619373)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on November 3rd, 2014 @ 3:27pm CST
Their problem is to still trying to make a fusion between the cartoons and the original toys... IMO the original toys where a need to get done the cartoons, BUT the cartoons came out way superior at the point to make the original toys looking dull, therefore they should use the cartoons as a new beginning...

Megatron should be redone out from scratch, but having only the cartoons as a reference.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #287 - Pulse Con 2021
"Pulse Con 2021"
Posted: Monday, October 25th, 2021

Buy "Transformers DOUBLE PUNCH Botcon Japan Exclusive The Evil Predacon Limited" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Soundblaster Black 35th Anniversary Hasbro WFC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots SALVAGE Garbage Truck Figure Hasbro Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS BLADES (Shark Sub Variant), Rare Shark Sub Capture 2015" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Wheelie" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Optimus Prime MEGA AXE ATTACK Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return SLUGSLINGER w/ Caliburst 2017 Figure MOSC in USA G1" on EBAY
Buy "Gigapower GP HQ-04 Graviter (METALLIC) Transformers Sludge Complete, Re-boxed" on EBAY