In-hand Images - Transformers Cloud Hot Rodimus and Shockwave

Transformers News: In-hand Images - Transformers Cloud Hot Rodimus and Shockwave

Friday, November 28th, 2014 4:33am CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 28,381

Fellow Seibertron.com user Arctorro has pointed us in the direction of Photobucket user MASABON1980, and their in-hand images of the Transformers Cloud Hot Rodimus and Shockwave figures, the eHobby and TakaraTomyMall repaints of Generations Springer and Whirl. We've mirrored some of them below, so why not take a look? The rest can be found here!

Credit(s): MASABON1980

This article was last modified on Wednesday, March 30th, 2016 12:36am CDT

Re: In-hand Images - Transformers Cloud Hot Rodimus and Shockwave (1625286)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 28th, 2014 @ 9:01am CST
SARA looms ominously in the background of their packaging.
Re: In-hand Images - Transformers Cloud Hot Rodimus and Shockwave (1625315)
Posted by Mkall on November 28th, 2014 @ 10:44am CST
I decided to drop my preorder for Whirl-wave. I like him, but not for 90 bucks. Hopefully he'll go into clearance like many of the existing Cloud figures.
Re: In-hand Images - Transformers Cloud Hot Rodimus and Shockwave (1625334)
Posted by megatronus on November 28th, 2014 @ 11:58am CST
Woot Woot Arctorro!
Re: In-hand Images - Transformers Cloud Hot Rodimus and Shockwave (1625357)
Posted by Black Hat on November 28th, 2014 @ 1:52pm CST

And that Whirl versus Megatron pic makes me like the Classics Megatron mold a whole lot more. The Takara paintjob probably helps. If it weren't for the fact I really don't like Megatron as a gun (it's just silly even by "objectformer" standards) I'd try and get him.
Re: In-hand Images - Transformers Cloud Hot Rodimus and Shockwave (1625359)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on November 28th, 2014 @ 2:00pm CST
Cloud Hot Rod is VERY tempting. I love the shade of maroon they used for him.
Re: In-hand Images - Transformers Cloud Hot Rodimus and Shockwave (1625366)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 28th, 2014 @ 2:38pm CST
Wolfman Jake wrote:Cloud Hot Rod is VERY tempting. I love the shade of maroon they used for him.

I don't like how it clashes with the orange they used though.
Re: In-hand Images - Transformers Cloud Hot Rodimus and Shockwave (1625368)
Posted by megatronus on November 28th, 2014 @ 3:00pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I don't like how it clashes with the orange they used though.

I was expecting more of a true red myself, but I don't think the maroon looks half bad.
Re: In-hand Images - Transformers Cloud Hot Rodimus and Shockwave (1625371)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on November 28th, 2014 @ 3:17pm CST
megatronus wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I don't like how it clashes with the orange they used though.

Isn't the maroon pretty much spot on for his Rodimus Prime coloring?
Re: In-hand Images - Transformers Cloud Hot Rodimus and Shockwave (1625372)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 28th, 2014 @ 3:27pm CST
Wolfman Jake wrote:
megatronus wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I don't like how it clashes with the orange they used though.

Isn't the maroon pretty much spot on for his Rodimus Prime coloring?

So I'm not the only one thinking that. :grin:
Re: In-hand Images - Transformers Cloud Hot Rodimus and Shockwave (1625406)
Posted by Arctorro on November 28th, 2014 @ 6:03pm CST
megatronus wrote:Woot Woot Arctorro!

:D *waves*

I've got Rodimus paid for at RK (along with a few things coming next year #-o) and was a bit concerned about the colours at first, but I think they work well.
Re: In-hand Images - Transformers Cloud Hot Rodimus and Shockwave (1625420)
Posted by shajaki on November 28th, 2014 @ 6:57pm CST
Delta Magnus wrote:Not sure on the translucent pink for his weapons (would have preferred chromed silver myself) but the mold works surprisingly well for him. Also that Rodimus is sublime.

i think they made all of shockys weapons pink to emulate the G1 toy. and if you want a classics mold megatron, the one pictured with whirl is the united version. the other black/silver one is henkei, which is a little chromey and has a brighter red.

Re: In-hand Images - Transformers Cloud Hot Rodimus and Shockwave (1625454)
Posted by Optimizzy on November 28th, 2014 @ 10:33pm CST
damn. im getting a cloud Hot Rod. that looks good.
Re: In-hand Images - Transformers Cloud Hot Rodimus and Shockwave (1625473)
Posted by Syn_13 on November 29th, 2014 @ 6:06am CST
Really like the Cloud Hot Rod. It's a wonderful mould and I'll be glad to have a Voyager sized Hot Rod. He looks perfect for my IDW shelf to take the role of Rodimus, whilst I still have the Henkei version to represent a more G1 Hot Rod.

Re: In-hand Images - Transformers Cloud Hot Rodimus and Shockwave (1625493)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 29th, 2014 @ 9:54am CST
Syn_13 wrote:Really do not like the Shockwave though. It's just a purple Whirl. When you look at the modifications made to the Springer mould to do Sandstorm you wonder why they couldn't have done a few mods to Whirl's mode to make him a little more Shockwave-esque.
The people who made Sandstorm from Springer and the people who made Shockwave from Whirl are not the same people. Cloud figures are not remolds. They are meant to be straight redecos. What other existing character could they have redecoed Whirl into?
Re: In-hand Images - Transformers Cloud Hot Rodimus and Shockwave (1625497)
Posted by Black Hat on November 29th, 2014 @ 10:59am CST
Re: In-hand Images - Transformers Cloud Hot Rodimus and Shockwave (1625498)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on November 29th, 2014 @ 11:09am CST
Delta Magnus wrote:Well there is some remolding going on, albeit very minor (headsculpts like on Starscream and Megatron, Starscream's arms being made to accomodate the MP Seeker cannons etc) but no Sandstorm-tier remolding no. I mean, Sandstorm is basically a whole new figure that has similar engineering to Springer- easily one of the best remolds ever.

Cloud Starscream is basically a straight-up repaint of Double Dealer. The heads are exactly the same. No retooling there. Cloud Brawn is a repaint of a previously developed mold for the Generations GDO assortment that was canceled. Cloud Megatron is a mold from that same assortment of figures. Sabrblade is correct, there is no retooling for the Cloud line.
Re: In-hand Images - Transformers Cloud Hot Rodimus and Shockwave (1625499)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 29th, 2014 @ 11:09am CST

No remolding whatsoever. Megatron is based on the GDO figure:

And Starscream is based on Gen. Doubledealer:

And the Null-Rays from MP Starscream have 5mm posts, and the Blitzwing mold already had the holes, albeit screw holes:

Re: In-hand Images - Transformers Cloud Hot Rodimus and Shockwave (1625501)
Posted by Black Hat on November 29th, 2014 @ 11:19am CST
Huh, well that teaches me. I stand corrected. :lol:
Re: In-hand Images - Transformers Cloud Hot Rodimus and Shockwave (1625534)
Posted by Syn_13 on November 29th, 2014 @ 2:57pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:

Was unaware of this. Fair enough I suppose.
Re: In-hand Images - Transformers Cloud Hot Rodimus and Shockwave (1625600)
Posted by Flashwave on November 29th, 2014 @ 10:56pm CST
Man, I love how good Springer looks as Roddy for a straight repaint, but I can't do it. Springer and Rodimus just need to be different molds for my shelf.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #240 - Ramping Up
"Ramping Up"
Posted: Sunday, February 9th, 2020

Buy "Transformers 2001 RID Wedge Grimlock Heavy Load Hightower instruction sheet" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS HUNT FOR THE DECEPTICONS RAMPAGE, Legends 2010" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TFCC TFSS Slipstream - Botcon Generations Prime Starscream Repaint" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Clobber figure 2020 Cyberverse Ultra class Energon Armor New In Box" on EBAY
Buy "2014 Transformers HOT SHOT Toy Action Figure Corvette Car Transforming NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Blackout 3x Helicopter Blades Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers cyberverse optimus prime battle base trailer with Cannon Charge NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise RID Mini-Con Slipstream Figure Red" on EBAY