Sunday, December 7th, 2014 4:25am CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 45,236

Tired of wave of Combiner Wars figures yet? We surely hope not, as blacklai from TFND shares another figure from the lineup - Voyager Optimus Prime! Fancy features include: probably readapted mold from upcoming Motormaster figure, two guns and can also combine with Deluxe figures to form Ultra Prime! Check out the images below, including a roundup of wave 1 figures.

Transformers News: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Optimus Prime, Including Ultra Prime

Credit(s): TFND blacklai

Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Optimus Prime, Including Ultra Prime (1627855)
Posted by Bounti76 on December 7th, 2014 @ 4:53am CST
NOT a fan of this Optimus figure for a couple of reasons....the proportions seem off...the arms and torso are oddly long. His head is too small for that body- you can tell it was designed for Motormaster first.

Also, that "Ultra Prime" mode is not terribly appealing. Especially with the chest windows opened up to all that textured/patterned plastic-looks a fair bit better closed, with the truck windows as Ultra Prime's chest. I get why they made this version of Optimus into a combiner (so they could leverage more use out of and justify the Motormaster mold), but to me, it's not appealing as a good Optimus figure or a combiner torso.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Optimus Prime, Including Ultra Prime (1627856)
Posted by zodconvoy on December 7th, 2014 @ 5:10am CST
I never thought I'd see the day when we got an update to Energon Optimus. Actually, hoped. >:oP
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Optimus Prime, Including Ultra Prime (1627857)
Posted by RhA on December 7th, 2014 @ 5:28am CST
I like it.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Optimus Prime, Including Ultra Prime (1627860)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on December 7th, 2014 @ 7:15am CST
I don't like it... Pass
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Optimus Prime, Including Ultra Prime (1627861)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on December 7th, 2014 @ 7:26am CST
Gotta love it when the designers get cheeky like that :lol: I love the fact the chest of the combined mode is actually a dual homage:

Closed: God Ginrai / Power Optimus Prime with Apex Armor
Opened: Energon Super Optimus Prime / Grand Convoy Super Mode

Thunderclash: Optimus Prime (maybe with retooled heads?)

Scorch: Offroad
Boss: Dragstrip
Flash: Breakdown
Hurricane: Dead End

I would suggest their rival Predators as redecos of the Aerialbots, except they're all jet and Alpha Bravo is a helicopter... :-?
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Optimus Prime, Including Ultra Prime (1627862)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on December 7th, 2014 @ 7:44am CST
I really feel like something there is supposed to rotate upward about 90 degrees to turn those big empty panels into shoulder armor...
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Optimus Prime, Including Ultra Prime (1627864)
Posted by Nisus on December 7th, 2014 @ 7:46am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:I wonder if we can expect a redeco/retool of Blackjack especially for Prime, in the opened chest there are two pegs that serve no purpose whatsoever (another clue that Motormaster actually came first).

I'd be more surprised if we don't get a re-tool into Roller at some point.

Though for me I probably wouldn't get it. I like the openness of Prime's combined form.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Optimus Prime, Including Ultra Prime (1627866)
Posted by Lockdownhunter on December 7th, 2014 @ 7:58am CST
It's all right but a pass for me.OP'S mold looks better as Menasor's :-(
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Optimus Prime, Including Ultra Prime (1627869)
Posted by fenrir72 on December 7th, 2014 @ 8:07am CST
Optimus Maximus? Sh#t! YEAH!
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Optimus Prime, Including Ultra Prime (1627872)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 7th, 2014 @ 8:16am CST
I like it, waiting to see in the comics how it plans out.

But I got to say, I love the idea of the Thunderclash combiner with the turbomasters. As for the predators, best option is to se one of the molds again and try to retool the wings.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Optimus Prime, Including Ultra Prime (1627877)
Posted by Cobotron on December 7th, 2014 @ 8:38am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:By the way, given people's penchant for wanting redecos of the Stunticons into Autobots, here's another idea Amelie and I discussed: Turbomasters (look them up)! The line-up:
Jelze, I assume your talking to me :D
I like this idea, as long as they come in those wonderfully garish decos. Thunderclash would be cool.

I'm usually the guy who is not excited for yet ANOTHER Optimus figure,
but I am for this one. I like that he is very differant than what we have been seeing lately, or what we're used to.
Ultra Prime's head sculpt is C C C COOOOOOL!
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Optimus Prime, Including Ultra Prime (1627879)
Posted by Ginrai Minor on December 7th, 2014 @ 8:50am CST
this mold only works for MM imo. I'd hate to see the mighty Thunderclash stuck with this stumpy brick mold.....they already F'd this years CHUG Prime.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Optimus Prime, Including Ultra Prime (1627881)
Posted by Noideaforaname on December 7th, 2014 @ 9:03am CST
A new set of windows in every mode!

He really needs an abdomen, though. Chest->Hips makes the whole thing weird and squatty and raises the question of how does a Voyager combiner-core look no better than a Deluxe combiner-core.

Roller's the obvious choice, but I'd like to see them go all out on the Masquerade theme and turn Blackjack into, I dunno, Bumblebee or someone.
Or for irony's sake Hot Rod.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Optimus Prime, Including Ultra Prime (1627883)
Posted by william-james88 on December 7th, 2014 @ 9:22am CST
Noideaforaname wrote:

Or for irony's sake Hot Rod.

Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Optimus Prime, Including Ultra Prime (1627884)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 7th, 2014 @ 9:25am CST
So I'm in the minority with preferring the turbo master idea rather then a throwaway idea from one g1 episode. The mold choices wouldn't work for bee, Prowl and jazz. Mirage is the only one that works still as drag strip is a F1
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Optimus Prime, Including Ultra Prime (1627886)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on December 7th, 2014 @ 9:30am CST
You know, using Windcharger as a chest piece for Optimus makes a lot of sense (if it's legit anyway)! Better yet, it frees up Offroad/Wildrider's position in the giant. :DANCE:
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Optimus Prime, Including Ultra Prime (1627887)
Posted by partholon on December 7th, 2014 @ 9:31am CST
never liked the idea of a combining optimus prime.

for the life of my i cant say why as i'd no prob with powermaster prime, and even energon prime didtn bother me.

i guess i just like my old school combiners to be actual teams as opposed to a "swithch and mix" pool of characters.

i know the "combiner wars" story is prob going to allow all that and hey i reckon theyre gonna have some great story ideas come from it.

its just if i was buying these things i cant see myself sticking a stunticon with an aerialbot and so on.

just the way i am i guess so that primes a pass for me.

looking forward to see how it all works out though as overall im delighted were getting retools of the classics. (pleas god give us a decent abominus down the line ! :) )
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Optimus Prime, Including Ultra Prime (1627888)
Posted by Noideaforaname on December 7th, 2014 @ 9:34am CST
william-james88 wrote:Oh guys, I have some good news for you (might be newsed, maybe not). You were wondering what the pegs on Optimus would be for. Well how about this answer: they are for EVERYONE! (que Gary Oldman voice)

So basically, Optimus (and presumably Motormaster) can combine with literally any Transformer? That's awesome.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Optimus Prime, Including Ultra Prime (1627889)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 7th, 2014 @ 9:41am CST
Noideaforaname wrote:

Wouldn't surprise me if it's been tooled especially for prime, allowing for a combination that motormaster can't do.

Out of those pictures I personally like the thunder cracker one, it also makes sense given the story so far.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Optimus Prime, Including Ultra Prime (1627890)
Posted by Cobotron on December 7th, 2014 @ 9:42am CST
Noideaforaname wrote:Or for irony's sake Hot Rod.
I like this

william-james88 wrote:.they are for EVERYONE!
HOOOOORAY!!!!

I'm diggin' jet chest.

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #286 - They Might Be Giants
"They Might Be Giants"
Posted: Friday, October 8th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Aimless Battle Masters Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hunt for the Decepticons Scout Class Action Figure Backfire" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers dark of the moon crankcase deluxe class" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Vintage Mixmaster Constructicons Parts 1980s" on EBAY
Buy "ALPHA TRION AND WEIRDWOLF. Sealed Botcon 2007 Exclusive by Hasbro. Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Optimus Prime Super 7 ReAction Retro Action Figure MOC - NEW!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Megatron Super 7 ReAction Action Figure Vintage MOC - NEW!!!" on EBAY
Buy "RARE Transformers Decepticon Dropkick MIP" on EBAY