In-Hand Images - Transformers Music Matrix and Song Masterpiece

In-Hand Images - Transformers Music Matrix and Song Masterpiece

Thursday, September 18th, 2014 5:04pm CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 47,939

A while back we reported on two upcoming multimedia collections of songs, intros, themes and clips from the 30 years of Japanese Transformers animation. Renowned Transformers blogger Alfes2010 has now posted a couple of in-hand images of the two items, the Music Matrix and Song Masterpiece, showing off some of the artwork included - check them out below!

Transformers News: In-Hand Images - Transformers Music Matrix and Song Masterpiece

Credit(s): Alfes2010

Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Music Matrix and Song Masterpiece (1607338)
Posted by Convoy on September 18th, 2014 @ 7:07pm CDT
I really like the cover with all the Convi. (Convoys?)
Where's Lio?
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Music Matrix and Song Masterpiece (1607379)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 18th, 2014 @ 11:04pm CDT
Was not expecting to see Ai and Artemis on the back.

Convoy wrote:I really like the cover with all the Convi. (Convoys?)
Where's Lio?
G1 era ones only. No G-2 or Beast Era Convoys (which I guess Fire Convoy might also count as).
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Music Matrix and Song Masterpiece (1607483)
Posted by MarkNL on September 19th, 2014 @ 10:08am CDT
I love the artwork. :BOWDOWN:

This kind of art should be used in the upcoming Transformers tv shows.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Music Matrix and Song Masterpiece (1607500)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 19th, 2014 @ 11:02am CDT
MarkNL wrote:I love the artwork. :BOWDOWN:

This kind of art should be used in the upcoming Transformers tv shows.
This is the same kind of artwork we got in Transformers: Armada.

Didn't turn out too well. :P
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Music Matrix and Song Masterpiece (1607539)
Posted by Convoy on September 19th, 2014 @ 1:36pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Convoy wrote:I really like the cover with all the Convi. (Convoys?)
Where's Lio?

I spy with my little eye something that is Big and something that is Primal. If it's just G1 I think Fire Convoy fits better than Armada Convoy. I forget if the Unicron trilogy is retconned into the G1 timeline or not. I think, Car Robots is and Robots in Disguise isn't?

...continuities...
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Music Matrix and Song Masterpiece (1607566)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 19th, 2014 @ 4:04pm CDT
Convoy wrote:I spy with my little eye something that is Big and something that is Primal.
Oh right, that picture. I was looking at the front cover of the Music Matrix DVD instead, which only has the 1984-1990 leaders. :oops:

Yeah, that one there is a redo of the Song Universe cover, which isn't restricted to G1, but here has replaced Star Saber with Big Convoy for some reason:

My mistake.

Convoy wrote:If it's just G1 I think Fire Convoy fits better than Armada Convoy. I forget if the Unicron trilogy is retconned into the G1 timeline or not. I think, Car Robots is and Robots in Disguise isn't?

...continuities...
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Music Matrix and Song Masterpiece (1607572)
Posted by Convoy on September 19th, 2014 @ 4:31pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Oh right, that picture.

I should have included the pic for reference.

Sabrblade wrote:Nah, the Unicron Trilogy is still non-G1 in Japan. Car Robots is, though (but not RiD in the U.S.).

Does that mean that the Unicron trilogy is part of G1 in the US?
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Music Matrix and Song Masterpiece (1607573)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 19th, 2014 @ 4:35pm CDT
Convoy wrote:

Does that mean that the Unicron trilogy is part of G1 in the US?
No. It's non-G1, period. And should stay that way.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Music Matrix and Song Masterpiece (1607574)
Posted by Convoy on September 19th, 2014 @ 4:48pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Convoy wrote:

Does that mean that the Unicron trilogy is part of G1 in the US?
No. It's non-G1, period. And should stay that way.

Oh, thanks. I got scared there for a sec.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Music Matrix and Song Masterpiece (1607630)
Posted by MarkNL on September 20th, 2014 @ 1:13am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
MarkNL wrote:I love the artwork. :BOWDOWN:

This kind of art should be used in the upcoming Transformers tv shows.
This is the same kind of artwork we got in Transformers: Armada.

Didn't turn out too well. :P

I don't share that opinion. I liked Armada far better than Animated or Prime. Especially the very first episode where Optimus is in all his Japan-G1-style glory. :APPLAUSE:
The only thing they could've done better is keeping that G1-like mode Optimus had..

Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #292 - Planet of Junk
"Planet of Junk"
Posted: Tuesday, January 18th, 2022

Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise RID Sideswipe Figure Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Stomp And Chomp 20" Grimlock Dinosaur Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Construct-Bots AOE Dinofire Grimlock & Optimus Prime NIB" on EBAY
Buy "2015 TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE 30TH PLATINUM EDITION ONE SHALL STAND ONE SHALL FALL" on EBAY
Buy "New Playskool Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Mr. Potato Head - Bumble Spud" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Roar and Rescue Bumblebee Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 15BB Buzzworthy Bumblebee Hasbro Studio Series Sealed/New In Box" on EBAY
Buy "Mr Potato Head Mini Mixable Mashable Transformers Hightide Loose Figure nice" on EBAY